Just want to say that this was by far the best hotel and facilities we have ever had, and there have been many. Lots have been said before in reviews so will be brief.
Room was spacious, light and airy. Overlooked pools which could be a problem in the summer with the noise but as it was winter, did not affect us. Housekeeping good with little gifts left each morning.
Restaurants were wonderful - delicious food and staff soooooooo helpful. Three outdoor restaurants near beach were closed but plenty more to choose. Favourites were Hot Rocks and Seafood Island and then L'Entrecote in Soho Square. However, the service on the beach from the Beach Bar was brilliant. We only used the buffet restaurant for breakfast and just had freshly made omelettes but there was a good choice of food.
What a wow Soho Square was. Just walk out the hotel and there you have shops, restaurants, cafes, bars, nightclub, ice rink, bowling etc etc and everything is included. Buses came from outlying resorts on trips for other people to enjoy, so felt quite privileged to have it on door step. Was like going out every night. My husband had a bit of a tummy one night (glutony, I'm sure) so I had no hesitation to go out by myself for a cocktail then on to the restaurant we had booked for dinner. Felt safer than I would in my hometown!
Girls on Guest Relations were so helpful and friendly, as were all the staff from the gardeners to the housekeepers to the waiters, reception, chefs, etc etc. Lovely people.
Tip anything from 10 to 50 Egyptian pounds (depending on where you're eating or drinking) and you will be treated like kings for the rest of your stay.
It would be very expensive if you didnt go S Class and when I worked out a days food and drink, it did work out good value.
I felt sad to leave as it had been such a lovely week. Will definitely go again but not in the summer months as it can be overbearingly hot, I believe. February was mid 20s, so I think would go for November or March next time, if I can wait that long!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh