Me and my sister visited during a quiet period 16th-23rd of December 2012, but it was really nice to have a quiet hotel where the staff had the time to provide excellent service. Booked a garden view room, and it was definitely sufficient for us both.
Special thanks to:
Mostafa the receptionist who did his best to organise us excursions and extended out check out time for us.
John the lovely receptionists who always greeted us with a warm cheeky smile
Tamer (Mr Bean) the receptionist who provided endless laughs in the evenings
Hani a lovely man who makes the nicest omlettes
Ahmed the manager of the breakfast restaurant who especially made me cucumber juice every morning
Mina a polite man who provided excellent breakfast service
That was to name just a few... there was many others also, but sadly have forgotten their names! Rosamarie food was a little disappointing, but the staff were friendly. The cleaners did an excellent job, and would occasionally knock on the door to ask if everything was ok-a nice touch.
A word of warning though to anyone who uses the taxi's outside the savoy (next to hsbc), and in particular a taxi driver called Manzoor. Completely tried to rip us off, and when we refused to use him, he then told all the other taxi drivers to not let us get in!
Soho sqaure feels so safe, the body guards do a great job! Two lovely guys Mina and Bishara in the shisha bar opposite savoy, provided great company every evening. Was definitely disappointed with the services of hsbc though. The staff were so grumpy!
The beach was nice and clean, the environment was chilled and there was plenty of opportunity to participate in water activities. I did however end up unintentionally spending most of my time on the sierra side of the beach instead of savoy!
Absolutely loved sharm el sheikh! Definitely intend to go back one day soon God willing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh