My wife and myself stayed here from 3rd to 10th February 2013 on S class in room 4111. This was our fith visit to this hotel and it is as good as the 1st time we went.
Within minutes of being shown to our first room we were phoned by reception to ask if we were happy with the room. We were indeed happy as it was laid out with a beautiful display of fresh flowers , fruit bowl, chocolate sculpture, and pastries. I explained that although happy with the room I would much prefer to have a room one block lower down closer to the pool. Our wish was granted instantly and the porters moved our bags within minutes. We had a beautiful room which had a view of sea and pool.
The room was spotless, aircon worked well and the room was kept very clean and tidy every day and was usually cleaned before we came back from breakfast.We ate out each night as part of our package in The chinese, steak house, indian and thai restaurants,and all were excellent. The only slight moan I could make was that for some reason in the Thai restaurant the heating was turned on and the temperature was too hot. I asked a waiter if it could be turned down and he said it would be done but things got no better. This is hardly a thing to get upset over and it did not spoil our holiday.
All staff here are friendly helpful and obliging. I did on one occasion write a note to the general manager regarding a matter of my Savoy club points which I had not realised had lapsed , and was very pleased to have guest relations contact me within a couple of hours to explain the situation to me. The situation was my own fault as I had not realised that it was in fact two years since my last visit. I could not fault the way the hotel dealt with this matter to our satisfaction.
One aspect of the hotel that perhaps is not as good as it was a couple of years ago is the lack of any live music in the main hotel bars or terraces. I know that there is entertainment in Savoy square, but sometimes it would be nice to have a relaxing drink in the Safari bar with a singer or pianist or such like.
I would though say that this has to be the best of three hotels I have stayed at in Sharm el Sheikh, I would recommend it to anyone, and would stay here again in a flash. Thank you to everyone at the Savoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh