We are a young at heart couple in our late 40s who have just returned from The Savoy after a weeks holiday (08/12/12-15/12/12) which was incredible. This was our 1st time in Egypt.
The troubles are over a days travel away in Cairo and at no point was safety an issue. All luggage is passed thru a screen as u enter the hotel and the Soho square area is patrolled by security.
Make sure you take advantage of the "S" class package as it really is good value. This allows u to eat A la Carte every night at any one of the many restaurants. On that subject, the food is outstanding, the steak house offered fillet mignon steak and rib eye and u would pay £35 for that alone if u went in to eat but were not S class .(never mind the cost of the starters drinks and desert on top)!!! The bombay Indian was excellent and the Thai was also excellent to name but a few. The S class really is as good as it sounds and allows u to get out and go to different restaurants in the Soho square. We did not even eat in the Hotel Restaurant as there was such choice and we only had seven days to fit it all in.!!!
I read Trip Advisor b4 going and can only say the few complaints made were from people who were not S class or were unbelievably picky. Ignore all complaints coz they are all unjustified or ridiculous from our experience.
I took my girlfriend there as a suprise for her 50th Birthday and the staff did out our room on her bday to add that special touch. All the drinks are named brands and all are included in the package.
On the day we arrived we flew thru check in and were driven with our luggage to our room in a golf cart. We had a ground apartment which was immaculate but we wanted a room with a view on the 1st floor. when we requested a change of room this was no hassle and sorted within 15minutes.!!! How good is that.
The staff could not be friendlier and cant do enough for you. Weve done Turkey and Greece and consider the service here even better.
We had a great time overall and can only say give this place a go coz u wont regret it.
We are already looking to go back.!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh