“Fab freediving with Only One”

Only One Apnea Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having booked a day's session my buddy and I kept coming back every day for the rest of the holiday. Marco, Gus and Chiara made us feel very welcome and gave us fantastic advice that has raised our freediving performance. Breathing and relaxing techniques were just some of the lessons that have made a huge difference. Everybody is friendly and the set up is perfect with a nice house reef and a platform for the deeper stuff all within sight of an Italian Expresso bar - perfect! Can't wait to go back.

There are newer reviews for Only One Apnea Center

Reviewed July 12, 2013

really the best one for freedivers. reliable job but also lot of fun with speed boat to see turtles and shark. Thank you marco, Gus and Chiarra. see you very soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

First went to Only One with Freedive UK when we used the platform for a day whilst out in Sharm in April. Facilities were great and Marco, Chiara and Gus very welcoming and as a consequence I extended my trip and spent 5 days training with Gus. As a result I then returned again for a 2 week training trip in May /June training with both Gus and latterely Marco for the deeper work.
Gus, with whom I spent most of the time with, is an excellent trainer - and I mean REALLY excellent. He has a true and infectious passion for freediving and this makes him a pleasure to spend time with. His techniques and insight are very valuable - he also has strong credibility given his own impressive depth work ( doing over 100m at the time of writing).
I worked with Marco on specific equalisation techniques and again his instruction is really great: insightful and passionate and a pleasure to spend time with.
In the end I significantly increased my Personal Bests in depth ( free immersion and constant weight) as well as static.
Facilities are good - there is also a cool Italian cafe next to the centre which is a very mellow little spot.
In summary when you are training for freediving you have to 100% trust in your instructors for all the obvious reasons - it was easy to trust these guys and thats the most important thing.
If you are an intermediate free diver looking to improve your PB this is the place to be!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very very professional guys who works and lives for freediving. We had SSI instructor course in June here. I'll be happy to come here with my students in October!!! Try Only One they are best !!!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This company is to be very highly recommended for anyone interested in learning to freedive or take their skills to the next level. The staff are fantastic and my progress was way beyond I ever expected with these trainers. I tried for the first time ever a no-limits dive and thanks to Gus and Marco, I was able to get to -37m. Their patience, advice and support is second to none and I will be certainly visiting them again. Highly recommended is their seminar on breathing techniques - I wish I had taken this on day one as it proved instrumental in increasing my breath hold capacity. if you are new to freediving my advice is to take this workshop first and then apply the techniques during your holiday - you will not look back! Thanks to the whole team for making this visit to Sharm el Sheikh the best ever