“The staff here are the reason this is one amazing hotel.......”

Le Royal Holiday Resort
Ranked #35 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed for one week from 22nd September and had a faultless stay which is all credit to the staff at this hotel. Yes this hotel is full of all the high quality fixtures, fittings, luxurious soft furnishings and fine food but this alone does not make for that special holiday. Mr Denis the general manager clearly motivates his entire team to ensuring your experience is unforgettable. His entire team from front of house to the gardeners work tirelessly and really are the reason that this hotel is so successful and soon to be in the top three hotels in sharm.

We visited the Italian al a carte and had some of the best food we've ever eaten even compared with a meal at the ivy in London, the head chef even came out to ask how our meal and service was. The entire menu here is chargeable but the prices are more than justified for the experience you get, we was more than happy to pay.

We also ate twice at the newly opened outdoor a la carte up near the water slides. This was equally great food, this time approximately 80% of this menu is part of your all inclusive with the additional option to pay for fillet steaks etc. We had fillet steak on both occasions the meat was tender and lean and cooked to perfection to your own taste. We paid around £12 English pounds for each steak which again was worth every penny.

Would recommend you book a photo session with Aladin he will take you around the resort taking many pictures of you that captures that Egyptian magic, well worth the money as they are so professional and he is lovely guy.

We travelled as a couple and for the first time without children so welcomed the adult only areas including the sky bar which has the most amazing views. But we would also bring our teenage children here as the hotel has been designed with a great deal of thought and is subtly zoned.

This was our first time in Egypt but will not be the last we will be returning to this hotel very soon.

A thank you also to Sharon and Janet at Thomas Cook, Saisburys for all your help with my booking and more importantly this recommendation, we would not have missed it for the world.

Room Tip: 1403 ground floor near main hotel lobby opposite adult jacuzzi.
4  Thank Michelle N
Denis D, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Michelle N,

Your appreciative feedback on your holiday and the hotel facilities but not least, on the Employees’ assistance and friendliness, are a warm reward to so many Team Members who are seeking nothing less than to provide genuine customer care to our clients.

We are thankful for your visit at Le Royal Holiday Resort and we wish to welcome you again with the entire family on a future occasion.

Very best regards,

There are newer reviews for Le Royal Holiday Resort

Reviewed October 8, 2013

What a holiday. For a first timer on holiday with 3 kids all under 5 years of age for 7nights. Absolutely fantastic. As soon as we got to the hotel we were welcomed with a cold drink. Took as no longer than 5 minutes to go to our rooms. Massive room I say. We had two cots put in and an extra bed. The bathroom was huge with a walk in shower. Food is excellent could not complain, however breakfast was aways the same. The staff were tremendous and loved the kids to bits. Always entertaining them in the main buffet.
Aqua park was wiked and I think my hubby had more fun on the slides than the kids. The beach however is located 1 min away at sonesta and we went there only once as it was a small area of the beach and was over crowded.
Nama bay, old market, soho square are all within 10 minute drive. Nama bay being only 5. Always went there.
The hotel taxi man was fab with us. First class service even tho he accidently broke my pushchair while shoving into the boot. But was easily fixed.
We went on a few excursions with the kids not with thomas cook tho as they charge a bomb. We used brother excusion who are located 1min from hotel infront of sonesta beach.
I cant complain about the hotel but you will have to be careful with the bedsheets as I had to pay £97 for it as my daughter made it dirty and it could not be removed. I felt that this situation had made a couple of staff at reception become a little rude towards the end of my stay as I did refuse to pay such a large amount of money and were treated differently. I was abit saddened as I left the hotel.
Overall I still would recommend. . Thank you all of the staff who were super towards me and my children!! From raeesah, amirah and rumaysah

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank sultana_k91

Dear Sultana_k91,

We are pleased to read of your fantastic and excellent holiday with your family and that your three little ones were very well looked after by our Employees. Your superb mentions on the cuisine at Le Royal Holiday Resort and the Aqua Park are as well received.

I am sorry to learn of the bed sheet event which should have been more diplomatic. I have ensured that the Manager in charge of the front desk refreshes training to the Employees on those particular subjects; it is correct that we cannot remove tattoos’ imprints on linen. As this is a popular practice in the destination, we urge once more clients to protect the rooms bedding from recently engraved tattoos.

We are happy that this incident didn’t deter you to recommend the resort and hope to be again your residence of choice in Sharm El Sheikh.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Ignore the bad reviews, they were obviously looking for things to pick up on. The hotel is quite new (only been open since May) and they are still working out the last couple of niggles but overall the whole experience was great.

The hotel and grounds were immaculate. The staff are very friendly and always eager to help you. The food is good quality and the menu quite varied. The Kids club is well run and will keep you children busy all day.

The hotel is not located by a beach but you can cross the road and use the beach at the sister hotel, the Sonesta Beach resort. There is a bar there where you can get drinks and towels but not food. There is even a section of beds and umbrellas reserved for Le Royal residents.

My only complaint was the music in the evening. The hotel only has one resident DJ and he will only play the music he likes (house/rave music) very loudly which kills all conversation from 9 until 11 at night. The pool bar is further into the resort and is much quieter but it shuts at 10.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the reception will be noisier due to location of new ampitheatre
4  Thank SteveHamby

Dear SteveHamby,

We appreciate your positive returns and thank you for staying at Le Royal Holiday Resort. We have noted on the evening music selection and will act accordingly.

Yours,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

It would be simple to list all the negatives of this hotel but in fairness to the staff and hotel itself and the situation in Egypt at the moment I will list my thoughts as i seen it. I just wanted to point out a wrong statement and avoid confusion when booking trips with TC rep and chaps that walk around selling trips as one reviewer stated your insurance in invalid, if you have a decent in insurance cover you will be covered no matter who you book with as this is not a condition in any insurance policy, we book with a chap and we found the trips very good. I must say though for more secure and validated and vetted companies it is best to book via your rep as I understand they are the only ones authorised by the hotel, so please do book via the rep, even more so with families.

The Hotel
The hotel itself is new and fantastic and in a modern arabic style, the grounds are new and gardens are growing nicely, they are tendered everyday by the staff. The is a vast complex with a large waterpark with slides for kids and adults alike, there are shops onsite and you can barter a good price with them, a general store a little expensive on suncreams £15 on some good brands and they sell inflatables, snorkel gear reasonably cheap and all your snacks and items you would buy on holidays like fags, lighters, crisps, chocolate and such. There is a good watch shop selling all top makes of differing grades of fakes as you would expect in Egypt, a good bargin to be had here and a couple of other shops selling clothes and other goods, please pay them a visit, no hassle from them and they do need your custom.
Security is very good with guards at night posted around the site but you would not notice unless you looked for them. Thomas Cook kids Club is excellent for your kids and it looked like they really do have a good time from crafts, games, xboxs, talent shows, and chocolate parties so expect the kids to get messy they are well looked after and safe. there is building work still going on but you would not notice this unless you looked for it, the ampithearter has just opened for entertainment but more on this later. the waterfalls were not on in the pools when were were here or the fountains at the front and on the grounds, i undersatnd they should be running before Jan 2014 just to add a classy feel.

The Staff
This was a tale of two weeks for us, the first week they were really fantastic and everybody knew what part they played in making you feel special, the staff at the waterpark bar were brill with the kids so were were told but we spent our time at the main pool so i can only comment of them on here special thanks to;
Hany - a wonderful gentle man who would get your drinks without asking, collect your empties and always looked after you. he went on leave during our second week and we missed him, the other staff are just as good but we did not get to know them as well.
Ahmed - the towel man, again brill he looked after us every day for the duration morning till night, I don't know how he had the patience to sit ther day after day.
Hasan - head chef always ask us if all was ok all the time and welcomed comments and acted on them, he made us porridge every day, fantastic for brekkie, try it!
Little hasan - waiter on the morning shift again brill, and the head waiter always welcomed feedback.
All the bar staff in the lobby - Mohammed and the guy I called Mr bean, sorry i forgot his name but I think he was the supervisor.
I don't think you could get any better staff at this hotel and unfortunatley due to it being slow staff were going on leave during the second week so we missed the original staff from the first week.
Rooms,
perfect, data points, tea, coffee, big comfy beds and pillows, the only down point is the air con noise. two pin round plugs so an adapter is required, large walk in shower with a liitle lower shower head for the kiddies, hot water, Tv with many film channels in english and sports and news channels. You get two cards for your room, keep one in the slot for the duration to keep the room powered. cleaners are good and if you are lucky you will get towel art.
hit and miss for us, we found it better the first week, with plenty to choose from, the soups are good, and shepperds pie! loverly. Chips, ice cream, salads, lamb chops, beef with mushroom sauce, a dream and kfc chicken and burgers made by the catering team just as good as the original. Cascades is the main place and we had our meal here brekfast, lunch, dinner and late buffet style, food court not open for brekkie but lunch and evening is al - la carte style. The italian is open but we found it very pricey so we did not use it so we would expect the same for the indian when it opens.
Pools
All 14 pools are cleaned and checked two - 3 times a day, filters changed constantly, waterpark opens 10am -12pm and 3pm - 5pm wave pool open during these hour but only waves every half hour. all in all no issues here.
Entertainment
the entertainment teams do try get you involved but do not pressure you, a little more imagination during the the day and activities all over the complex would make it better i think, the pool music around the main pool need to change as adults here would pefer more modern music other than love songs and original arabic music all day, my thoughs and a few other guests suggested.
Night time entertainment
This was a bit of an issue for us, the kids are well entertained with the kids disco run by TC reps, they would love it, no issues with this. The adult entertainment needs big improvement, the ampi is now open and we did see fire and ice show good but the rest boring and dire I thought but i have included this in my suggestions to management below.
The DJ insist in pumping out club music in a holday resort after the shows, everyone goes back to there rooms, club music is for clubs not holiday resorts. we whent to the foyer area and the back ground music was more our style and we could dance to that! but we just chatted to friends we made.
The sky bar is brill, but you have to pay for drinks, we just went to take pickies, the room mini bar is chargeable and pricey, get it taken away if you don't want it. The beach area is pure white sand and romany the man there is brill and funny and he did not want a tip! Fish down there a fab for snorkelling.
I will be posting videos on youtube on the slides, and hotel day and night if you like to take a look and sharm snorkelling. Other issues we had are not really the hotels fault so it would not be fair to comment on them, Overall a very good place to stay, they staff are the asset and we had a relaxing time, thanks to debbie and karl and ann and "dj slim" james davies what a laf.

Suggestions
free adult sky bar, disco for the club dj, pool music needs changing, games room for teenagers, outdoor cinema screen, make to main pool adults only, free mini bar in room, more middle of the road music at night or seperate areas, the holiday activities do not end when the sun goes down each day, better singers, perhaps a budget for night time entertainment, Naama bay have them and Soho square so acts are available, more flexable checkout policy or cheaper rates for extensions. Most are the smallest and easy things to improve but the hotel needs to act on the comments from guests, the hotel need its identity as it is in a holday resort and it must reflect this, competition is fierce and it needs to be competitive.

Room Tip: Main Pool View
2  Thank letsgobatman

Dear SteveHamby,

We value your detailed returns and thank you for your esteemed suggestions. We would like to express our appreciation for your sojourn at Le Royal Holiday Resort and hope to be of assistance again in the near future.

Gratefully,

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from our first holiday to Egypt. This was by far the most Luxurious hotel. Pure comfort. The pools were amazing. Cleaned to perfection. The water slides kept us all entertained. My 8 yr old twins loved them. The staff couldn't do enough for you. My son is a fussy eater he never starved! There was always chips, plain rice or pizza,plenty of salad and some sort of plain grilled meat for the blander Palette. The food was amazing. Cannot fault anything. Staff were always happy to help and to hand with any problems.
Unfortunately I did end up with upset stomach. Thankfully neither of my twins or hubby had this.
I did feel that I probably picked something up at the spa by the beach and not our hotel. Felt it was grubby in there. The 2 hour cleopatra treatment wasn't what I kind of expected.
Our hotels spa and gym has not been completed yet. Think it will be ready in a few weeks.
The Thomas cook kids Entertainers were a fantastic team. The loveliest friendly group of young people you could wish to meet. you can relax, and leave your kids with them knowing they would be completly safe. My twins enjoyed time spent in kids club.
They were always very informative and always had time for a friendly chat.
My favourite people were the whole animation team. Andrianos and Vito,D.J and jimmy.They always created a fantastic Atmosphere. Whether your playing darts, water aerobics or up dancing they were 10/10.
As a family we would deffinatly love to return to the royal resort. Not sure i could cope with anything much hotter 36/39c so going late sept/oct was perfect for us. We had a deluxe family room. TV both rooms. Fab bathroom. The most comfortable bed and pillows. Our patio doors opened onto the garden/pool. Perfect. We could pop in and out without walking round to front door. Room was cleaned daily by lovely staff.
Im Mosquitoe prone normally even in uk. Had 2 bites the whole holiday.
Start saving for next year!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank afitz4us

Dear Afitz4us,

Happy to read of the “Best Family Holiday Ever”, we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations on all counts and wait for your return next year at Le Royal Holiday Resort.

Cordially,

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at here as a family of 3 adults and 2 children, 15 and 6 from 12th-19th September.

We arrived late on the Thursday to a lovely welcome and refreshing cocktail, we were shown to our rooms swiftly. We had 2 rooms in the same block (14 ) both were superior with the most comfy king size beds and a single bed. The rooms were clean and spacious with a walk in shower , tv with lots of English channels including the football and movies , fluffy robes and slippers and a selection of elemis products to use.

The pools were clean throughout our stay and the pool attendants helpful with towels and also when my son left his swim googles by the pool one afternoon, the next day the attendant had found them and gave them to us. The same happened later in the week when my mother in law lost the strap to her swimsuit and the towel attendant Mohammed T went out of his way to find it and return to her.
The waterpark slides were all working bar one ( the big stripy bowl one) and kept the children and my husband amused during the day. The pirate pool is a fantastic and was great for our 6 year old to play on between slides of which he went on all of them except the steep orange boat one which he was too small for.

The food was always hot and a variety in both restaurants ..the head chef was always around if you did have any requests. We were looked after very well by Rami in the food court and Mohammed Said in the main restaurant cascades. Our son turned 7 on our last day and they made and presented him with a delicious cake and a song during lunch which made his day.

The evening entertainment was quiet but we were well looked after by Mohammad in the lobby bar who brought us the gorgeous cocktails ... Coconut kiss and bedram madness were faves. The entertainment team especially Adraino were always around for games and chats whilst we relaxed in the evening.

Our 6 year old Louey really enjoyed the kids club. He went for a couple of hours to keep out the sun in the afternoon ( 41 plus when we were there ) and also to the party's ... The party's are extra but well worth it especially the chocolate one. The team are fantastic and I can't praise them enough.. Definitely the best kids club we have been too. Thanks so much to Beth, Nicole, Adam and Matt , hope you all got Lapland for your Xmas season. Louey is still showing everyone his bungalow ;)

The reception team always greated you with a smile and were so helpful, even arranging us a late checkout which made our last day more relaxed.

Overall the holiday was perfect ..this hotel is new and the management team learning all the time from feedback.. Only couple of niggles which didn't affect our enjoyment of stay but might be nice for the future
.. Mini bar in room would be nice if part of all inclusive
.. Jacuzzi wasn't on when we were there .. Would be lovely and relaxing
.. We didn't try the alcartes ... Would have been good to had had an included night there even if a different set menu ?
... It was quiet when we was there approx 10 percent occupancy so would be good idea to get some more rings and mats for the waterpark although this wasn't a problem for us as it was not at all busy I can see it being a pain in peak times
... We spoke to Dennis about some sort of hoist for the boats as they pretty heavy.

These are just niggles and nothing that will put a dampener on your holiday. None of our party was ill either and felt totally safe during our stay. It's a amazing hotel and the staff can not do enough for you... It definitely compares with 5 star Antalya hotels.

Karen , Lee , Elaine, Rose and Louey x

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Karen P

Dear Karen P,

Thank you for your recent stay at Le Royal Holiday Resort and your “Perfect Holiday” review title and cheerful contents. We pleased that you have enjoyed most areas to satisfaction leading to your superb recommendation.

We hope you will witness the new additions and some of your suggestions implementation on a return visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Can I start by saying please look at the positive feedback as opposed to some negative feedback. We travelled as a family of four with our parents who had arrived a few days earlier(total of six). From the time we arrived we had nothing but a positive experience. The staff welcomed us and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were excellent, clean, modern and the beds were so comfortable.We did not find the air conditioning a problem a little noisy but that was a small price to pay, you could not survive without it as it was very hot and the temperature does not drop, a welcome relief.The facilities available to the sun beds, which were so comfortable and we never found any beds broken, the sun bed covers did get dirty after using them every day but after the guests had left from the pool the pool/towel guys checked every bed to ensure they were replaced if dirty or needed repairing.They provided towels as and when needed with a smile and again nothing was too much trouble.The waiters around the pool we used the most the Cincin Bar, Waffa and Hani were great again working tirelessly to keep us topped up with drinks and fruit every afternoon. Can I say as my mother is in her seventies all the staff made such a fuss of her, they treated her like a queen, providing her with everything she wanted, she didn't have to move and inch if she didn't want to. The waterslides were excellent and in our two week stay we never saw any nuts or bolts and the staff manning the slides were great, always taking time to talk and ensure you were ok. There was a problem with one of the pools which we were sitting by just the one day, we had to twenty foot to the next one not too much on an inconvenience and can I state that the pool guys worked from dawn to dusk on that pool to solve the problem.The entertainment staff with limited resources to hand did a brilliant job, working hard all day to engage all the guests but not making you feel uncomfortable if you just fancied watching and not participating. Adriarno was a top bloke constantly making us laugh and showing magic tricks and taking time to get to know us all. He especially made my two sons aged 21 and 19 holiday with arranging club nights. We must mention the other entertainment staff, Gina, Kim and Tamara and Leo who again did a great job.Well onto the food, we found no problems at all. Everyday there was something different to eat, themed evenings every night and if you couldn't find anything to eat the chiefs would also cook you a meal you just had to ask. Can we mention two of the many chiefs who did an excellent job Mohamed Talama and Hassan Salah. The beverage manager Marcos did a brilliant job, checking with all the guests if everything was ok and taking on board any suggestions.Can we also mention all of the waiters, Amir, Faddy to mention just a few.
The beach is approx 15 mins walk but it is worth making the effort, no its not on the doorstep but do go as the staff are great and the marine life is even better. I would advise purchasing a good quality mask before the trip.We went into Naama Bay via taxi from outside the hotel arranged by them, he dropped us off and collected us the time requested. It cost £10.00 sterling but well worth it. There was no hassle when we went shopping just a simple no thanks if you don't want to but give them a chance its good fun haggling and they are so friendly. If you are nice and treat people how you would like to be treated you will be fine but if you treat people nastily then you get what you get. We never had a cross word or problems with the attitude of any of the Egyptian people they were all really friendly.
You can't expect to go to Egypt without experiencing an upset stomach, now this is purely to do with the change in temperature and the lack of fluid you consume through the day. The hotel were excellent as my son and dad had some problems but with their medication it had cleared up within 12 hours, this did not have anything to do with the food, cleanliness as out of a group of 6 only 2 had an upset stomach, surely we would have all had it..
So we conclude if you want a break in the sun to relax, eat and drink plenty and to be waited on for all your needs then this is the hotel for you. Yes there are a few teething problems but the hotel is new and give them 12 months and all these will be addressed. If you want to go on holiday and spend all day looking for every single fault, evident or not then don't go to the Le Royal. Personally we value our holidays and go to have a good time with our loved ones and are not interested in listening to petty gripes, we simply have more in our lives.
Paul, Tracey, Tom, Ryan, Lil, Arthur

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pools
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Tracey C

Dear Paul, Tracey, Tom, Ryan, Lil, Arthur,

Your support to Le Royal Holiday Resort is very well respected and we would like to express our gratitude for staying with us and for returning your comments.

The appraisal made on the Aqua Park and leisure equipment safety and maintenance is appreciated as well as the Employees assistance to elderly or young customers, the food selection that a large number of clients have truly enjoyed, and to conclude, one should treat people the way he would like to be treated...

We wish to have you for a second visit very soon.

Very Best Regards,