“Another great bar to visit”
Review of The Britannia Bar

The Britannia Bar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Britannia Bar is a fully British owned sports bar situated at the front of the Amwaj Hotel, Nabq bay. We are open 7 days a week from 12pm, showing all the latest sports events on 8 large LED TV"S.We have Entertainment every night, including a quiz night, ten pin bowling competitions, drink promotion nights and Disco and Karaoke from 9pm until 2am.The bar is very family friendly and everyone is welcome!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Nottingham, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Another great bar to visit”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Newly opened, so still sparkly fresh and in development to find its own niche. The staff are friendly and attentive, there's plenty of TV's for all your sporting needs and Rob will play whatever music you ask for! It is perfectly positioned in the front of the Amwaj Hotel, with proper beer garden benches and space outside for alfresco beers!!

Don't leave before partaking in a game of Battle Shots......

This is a great new addition to the pubs and bars in and around Nabq. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not just "another Brit bar"”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having lived in Sharm for quite some time I have already long established my favourite places to go and I must admit when I first heard about "another British bar" opening I didn't think much of it. But, as they say, you'll never know unless you try, and I'm so glad I did.

This place has everything you are looking for in a place to go. For children (or maybe adults) they have the wii and hold weekly wii bowling competitions, there are several large flat screen tv's they can play a children's film or programme on upon request (there are many tvs and each can show something different so if the kids are bored whilst you watch the footie they can have their corner), there are other games and the staff are all also great with kids. For the adults they have a cold beers, a great cocktail menu with the cheapest drinks prices I've seen in the whole city and the nights can be coordinated according to the crowd - the dj will fire up the karaoke on request if you want a sing-a-long or get the disco started so you can dance the night away. It's also the only bar I've been to with a proper dance floor, the added bonus being it lights up too - looks great!!

I also love the picnic benches outside. It's just like the pub gardens back home, but with the addition of guaranteed sun.

I should also mention the owners and staff. All very attentive and friendly, fantastic people. Needless to say I've found my new regular haunt and would definitely recommend to family and friends.

manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Everything You Could Wish For”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We visited The Brittania Bar for the first time in April,

The warm welcome we received from the owners ( John & Paula ) and all the staff made sure that our first visit wasn't our last - infact we spent alot of nights in this great bar.

There's something for everyone here, plenty of large tv's for all the sports - nightly entertainment - WIFI and a great atmosphere with nothing seeming to be too much trouble for the owners or the staff.

The toilets are spotless and one night we watched as the seemed to be cleaned every 30 mins and if you've been to many places in Egypt you will know that this is a massive plus point.

I can't wait to get back to the Brittania Bar in July and would like to say THANKYOU to the owners and all the staff for making this such a great and pleasant pub to drink in.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good bar, very clean and friendly staff”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Great new bar in nabq bay opposite Arab Sat, the toilets spotless, great music and tvs everywhere for footy mad brits. Cheap and great game that u must play battle shots. Scousers will c u next year mate

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great new pub”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The Britannia is a great new bar in Nabq owned and run by John and Paula from the Union Jack, the welcome we got was fantastic.
There is something going on every night which is usually overseen by the resident DJ Rob tk. The bar has 8 TVs positioned inside and out and can show practically anything you want. They even have a games console to keep the kids entertained,even big kids like me, when there was an open to all 10 pin bowling competition.
The bar staff are all well turned out and genuinely happy to serve whatever you may want, politely and in a timely fashion. There is a limited food service which includes pies, pastys and pizza.
The entire place is kept spotlessly clean by attentive waiters and cleaning staff.
I think this bar is well worth visiting and would recommend it to anyone.

Good luck for the future, see you next time!

1 Thank jimbo_jett