“Amazing! Definitely going to return!”

Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort
Ranked #58 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Amazing! Definitely going to return!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was by far the best holiday I have ever been on! Came on the 15th June 2013 with my mum. Had a room which was right on the edge of one of the pools, beautiful! Animation team, especially Ushe, were so helpful and fun! Looked after us very well. Didnt get the chance to eat in all the restaurants which was a little disappointing. The staff would do anything to ensure our stay was the best ever.
Cant wait to return! Zoe and Doreen Potter :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ZoePotter
SunriseArabianBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your holiday. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy that you and your mum enjoyed your stay with us and that you plan to make a return visit in the very near future. We hope that on your second visit you will be able to try more of our a la carte restaurants.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our little paradise to host your stay once again.

The Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend travelled to this hotel in July for 2 weeks and had the best holiday!

1. We loved all the restaurant especially the Indian being our favourite, the main buffet was okay however not much of a choice (in our option)

2. The rooms were amazing! The beds were really comfortable and there was loads of space. We had a beautiful sea room which was close to the beach which was lovely.

3. We would like to say a massive thank you to the animation team for making our holiday extremely fun and interesting! They are all so lovely and worked so hard, when we read the bad comment about the team we was shocked, they are amazing and couldn't do enough to make sure we had a great time, we really enjoyed the shows of an evening and always joint in.

4. The cleaner of our room was so helpful and did an amazing job! We was so thankful for all the wine and cake that was given to us when we got back to our room.

We recommend everyone to go to this hotel we had an amazing time and couldn't of asked for a more relaxing holiday, we will defiantly be coming back!

Liam & Bonnie

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Liam G
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing the SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would also like to thank you for your kind comments that you so kindly took the time to write.
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff made your experience a memorable one. We are continuing to work very closely with our restaurants to improve and give more of a variety to cater for all of our guests and hope that upon your return you will find a more varied arrangement in our main restaurant.
Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon to our little paradise.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

It's so peaceful and beautiful, everything is just amazing from the moment we entered the hotel the staff was very welcoming and friendly, food is amazing and they offer a selection of different cuisines in 6 restaurants, view from all the rooms is awesome, I didn't stay for a long time just 3 nights but I'd totally go back for more! Very recommended :)

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Tasnim S
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your kind comments on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us and that you wish to return to our Resort.
We look forward to welcoming you once again in the very near future to host your good self once again in our little paradise.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a week and didnt want to leave. Its beautiful ad very grand. The staff are attentive & friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

The pools on 4 different levels are all fantastic and suitable for all kinds of people children, couples, families.

The food was delicious with a choice in the main restaurant of everything to the other choices of restaurants where you can find Thai, Indian, french, italian and mongolian, oh and fish restaurant. They were all delicious. Also theres a place for biscuits and cake too. which brings me on to the gym.

Theres a very well equipped gym and spa there too, and the gym is included if your all inclusive. In fact apart from treatments in the spare there were no 'hidden extras' at all.

The cocktail bar man will make you anything and they all taste great.

All in all there is only good to stay about this resort I have never been so spoilt.

There is no signs of danger in Sharm el Sheikh at all so I really wouldnt hesitate to book to go here at this time.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank shapat38
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your kind comment on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will share your experience with friends and family at home.
We very much hope that you will return once again in the very near future to our little paradise.

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Firstly, please bare in mind that when reading this review this is mine and my partner’s opinion and others may differ. I do believe, however, that a majority will agree.

So, we’ve just come back from a week at The Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort. We went from 9 – 16 September so still really hot. We arrived about 9.30ish in the evening, we pulled up to the gate and at this point we were like wow!!! This hotel has a massive driveway with a beautiful water feature in the middle and as you approach the ‘palace’, yes that’s right, this place looks like a palace as you approach, you start to get all excited to get in there and start your holiday.

We got off the coach, being greeted by the reception/door staff who straight away took the luggage and placed it by the door. We were welcomed in, being greeted with the words ‘welcome home’ (I was half asleep, so it confused me a bit) and asked to take a seat in the reception area.

Now this reception area, again wow!!! Me, personally, I have never seen something so lavish, the whole place is pretty much marble. (Be careful you don’t slip over, the floor is a bit slidey, but with my sense of humor, it was funny…) We waited for about 30 secs and were then given a nice refreshing cocktail and cold towel to freshen up.

We were then asked if we were hungry (which we were) and so they escorted us to the buffet restaurant just downstairs for our first meal of the holiday. We had a nose at the buffet spread and it looked like there was something there for everyone and that was the only time we went in there for dinner.

After dinner we went back up stairs to the reception, filled in some details, and were then taken to our room. On the way we were given a ‘mini’ tour, showing us where a majority of the facilities were. It was only a short walk to our room as we were just past the main pool in the block overlooking the slide pool.

The room itself was nicely presented and very clean. The beds were really comfortable and we could have stayed in them all day. Look on the wall above the bed and see if you can see the ‘shadow’ on the wall. I thought it was dodgy painting at first, but looking at it, it’s actually a painting of the island you can see from the room. The painting itself is hard to see, but I was like ‘that’s clever’ when I saw it.

The view from our room was spot on. We could see right down the resort and out to sea. So, we had a Pool view, Sea view and a Resort view. Perfect!!! I sat up one morning from about 4-6am and watched the sunrise over the island at the back (I actually filmed it too, you can watch the video here: http://youtu.be/VAyS8Z1UHTE) it was amazing, and if you can watch it yourself I would encourage you to do so.

I feel like we're writing an essay here, so we’ll try and condense the review. We just wanted to share as much of the experience with you as physically possible.

So… we sat round the pools all holiday and just relaxed and we were very content.

Pool bar staff were (especially A.Ghady) spot on. If you want drinks and snacks, he’s your man he’ll look after you. We had several drinks throughout the days, cocktails, spirits and beer(one thing I will say is ask for (Stella – it’s the Egyptian version) ‘bottled beer’ as this is stronger then their own beer off the pump).

The food in the pool bar is easy lunchtime food. Burgers, hotdogs, chips etc… It was nice just to snack on that, and try something new in the evenings in the a la carte restaurants.

We tried a different restaurant every night (book these on your first night at reception otherwise you’ll miss out) and we cannot fault the food of any. There aren’t massive amounts of choice on the menus, however, if I can find something, (I’m really picky) I’m sure you’ll be able to.

After dinner we sat at outside the ‘Churchill Bar’ upstairs overlooking the resort. There are waiters walking around, so you should be able to just sit down and they’ll come and ask you what you want to drink.

There is entertainment every night about 9.30pm. We went to one or two, but to be honest, this is the only thing we found wasn’t that great. This is probably an area that could be improved. The animation team did seem a bit dis-jointed, but hey, we weren’t that bothered. If you want some ‘decent’ entertainment in the evening, I don’t think you’ll get it here, but that’s just my opinion, don’t let that put you off.

Sticking with the entertainment, they have ‘The gold pub’ which is open on a Saturday night. They do karaoke first, (sorry, but it was more like a comedy show) then it turns into a disco and is open until 2am, or is supposed to.

As the resort was only 20% full when we went (due to the things that were happening in the country at the time, I would assume it put a lot of people off going to Egypt) it was very quiet. Unfortunately, as a result this bar closed early on the Saturday. This is the only place that played music, so for me was a bit disappointing. This is the only gripe I do have. Regardless of whether the resort is full or not, the facilities should be available for there specified times. As far as I’m concerned, we paid our money, so we should be able to use that facility.

Overall this place is amazing. We can’t fault the food, drink, staff or facilities. They were spot on. I would recommend you visit Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort if you want a nice relaxing holiday with good food and drink and people to accompany it when in Egypt.

Ohh one last thing, the bloke in the perfume shop just outside the reception to the right (next to the pharmacy) is a bit pushy when he tries to sell you his perfume/aftershave. Don’t feel guilty if you don’t, just say ‘La Shockran’ (which is ‘no thank you’) and then just get up and walk out and ignore him trying to make you feel bad.

Overall this was a great holiday for us. I’m not taking into consideration the ‘perfume guy’ in our overall rating (even though he is in the hotel grounds), however, I do feel that the animation/entertainment team does need some improvement.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 7RJG
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your kind comments.
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us and we thank you for the kind words about our little paradise. We have read your review carefully and taken on-board your comments regarding the entertainment team, your comments have been passed to the Chief Animator in order to work with his team to improve their service to the hotel. The Team are constantly striving to improve and welcome any feedback from our guests, so should you feel you have any feedback or ideas for our animation team please feel free to contact us.
Despite the entertainment we are very happy to read that the rest of your holiday was enjoyable and memorable.
We very much look forward to welcoming your good self back to our hotel in the very near future in order to host you once again.

Kent, uk
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Everything was amazing - the staff were so friendly and helpful and gave great advice. Our barman was very attentive and ensured we had fresh drinks and nibbles before we had finished our previous drink, he would bring them to your sunlounger or if you were in the pool to you in the pool. This service was continued when you were on the beach. It truly is a beautiful hotel, everything was stunning from the views to the rooms, reception, pools everything. We had the relaxation pool near us so split our time between there and the royal pool which is lovely aswell. Our room was MASSIVE and beautiful and the resort went to a a great deal of effort to making it special for our anniversary. On the night of our anniversary a special meal was made for us even thought that particular chef was not supposed to be working that evening.

I am very picky esp about cleanliness and this hotel was very, very clean. The only thing I would change is the rooms to be swept before mopped but it was only a minor thing.

The buffet was good and the room stunning. Food was good and had some great pasta made for me at the pasta station but bit repetitive but it was still good. But there are 5 al la carte restaurants to choose from and the food there was exceptional. We ate at the mongolian twice and indian 3 times and italian loads of times! Although they can't get masala tea right at the Indian.

The staff here are excellent and take great pride in the service they provide. It is not like most hotels where you have to tip to get a good service, service was excellent and we only tipped it someone went above and beyond which tbh a fair few people did.

The only negative thing here would be the shisha tent, having done shisha a fair amount of times in the uk and know the set up of it and own one, it seemed that the guy put hardly any flavoured tobacco in. Most times I have done shisha it would last at least an hour before the tobacco is finished, this was finished and i started tasting coal after 20 mins and feel like we got ripped off a bit so we didn't go back there again.

Don't listen to people who complain about the steps. The resort is built on 4 levels and this means you have the most amazing views of the red sea. The steps are split up and if you go to the far left and walk up the slope where the buggy goes its less steep and just a nice little walk takes literally 3-4mins, alternatively you can get a buggy which is really fun! If you want the amazing views you have to walk up a few steps and the people who complain just don't appreciate the views.

Overall we are already discussing about returning here next year for the following reasons:

> great value for money, been to a lot of all inclusive holidays and this by far is the best.
> no hassling to buy anything or the entertainment team so really is a relaxing holiday, they would tell you the activities and if you wanted to come then join if not enjoy your day.
> the views really are spectacular.
> the hotel is furnished to a very high standard
> had no stomach problems
> al la carte restaurants beat a lot of places even in the uk
> amazing cocktails, and you can change it to your taste
> staff work really hard to ensure you have a great holiday esp Hany, Samantha and Ashraf
> no pervert guys that you get everywhere else or any members of staff expecting tips.

Honestly please go and enjoy yourself, I've been to 5 star resorts from Paris, Maldives and have also stayed before in 6 star resort in Sharm so I do have high standards. It really is an excellent resort. Am def coming back next year and am bringing with me some family.

Happy Holiday!

Room Tip: Get tipsy all night and then go to the beach at 4am and watch the sunrise coming from behind tiran i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Kiran S
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would like to thank you also for taking the time to write your kind comments on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and plan to return next year with your family. Please be assured that we have read your review carefully and taken on-board the comments that you made. Concerning the Shisha Corner, this is an onsite facility for our guests to enjoy however not run by the hotel, please be assured that we will be speaking with the manager of this facility in order to ensure that our guests can enjoy the facility.
We are very happy that you chose our hotel to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary and that our staff ensured that it was a very special occasion for you and your husband.
On behalf of all the staff at SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort we very much look forward to welcoming your good self and your family to our little paradise next year.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just returned from Sharm having spent a week in the Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort. Travelled as a single person for a relaxing week in the sun and was not disappointed. Arrived late due to delays out of Gatwick, greeted with a refreshing towel but no cold drink, however, sat to check in and offered food from the midnight snack area due to missing dinner. Went for a refreshing drink in the churchill bar just off the reception area and amused to find that this was a smoking bar but remarkably clean and fresh, no stale smoke smells in here. The reception area is very grand and immaculately clean, in fact the whole resort is immaculately clean :-) The staff were always happy to greet and chat with you from cleaners to management. The gardeners keep the grounds and flower beds/hedges looking beautiful and work very hard from around 7am til 8pm and I feel that they deserve their own mention as they are often in the background. As I travelled alone I cannot comment on the a la carte restaurants as I did not eat in them although the felucca fish restaurant which is the only one you have to pay for was closed during my stay due to the low occupancy of the hotel, the others were open and received good reviews from those who ate there. The Bleu Bleu restaurant next door to the sunrise restaurant (the main one for breakfast/lunch) was also closed again due to the low numbers of guests staying. Like all hotels offering all inclusive if you stay for two weeks then yes you will no doubt see a repeat of the menu in the sunrise restaurant however that aside, I am a very fussy eater but the choice and quality of food in the restaurant was awesome. The chefs are always present should there be a query, the area is immaculately clean and I know when I have stayed in Eygpt before flies have been an issue, not so at this hotel, I didnt see one floating around the restaurant. The waiting staff were unintrusive and helpful at the same time, the conceirge and bell boys (if that is the right term for them) again were very helpful and no one stuck any hands out looking for bakeesh. I was shown to my room which was upgraded and was in block mangolia which is a bit of a hike as you are almost at the beach but hey it kept me fit and walked off the dinners. The only difference I could detect between superior and deluxe rooms was the bathroom and living area (yes there is a sofa etc) was a tad larger. My room had two huge queen size beds, plenty of hanging and drawer space, I had coffee.tea making facilities and a fridge containing soft drinks which are free (fridge is replenished after a week and you will then be charged) I was on frist floor and the rooms below me had the swim up pools - I was by the quiet pool however spent all my day at the Oasis pool where the pool bar is as even this didnt fill up due to the low numbers. Spa staff, pool staff and animation team around the pool every day but no hard selling pushing for anything, staff just happy to have a chat and joke with you. This hotel is still new and has only really had a soft opening as there is still some work going on in the Royal Club area and the owners Villa in the grounds by the beach is still not completed but believe the Grand Opening will be this side of Xmas. Sharm was very quiet as a whole, the hotel also offers a free bus to Soho Square every night leaving reception at 1920 and 2120hrs, you must book it tho and then agree your return time with the driver. Soho Square is also were the duty free Eygptair shop is but you must visit within 48 hrs of landing complete with flight tickets and passport - not very well advertised. Shops in Soho Square are mainly fixed prices but you can still haggle unless you are in the designer shops, the Icebar is also here by the nightclub but it is 175LE entry to the icebar for 30 mins and a drink - tad on the pricy side. the fountains also 'dance' at 11pm every night and the stage show set by them is very very good with excellent entertainment. The various restaurants around the square are also very good value for money and if you want typically quintessential british then go upstairs at the Queen Vic pub for very good food and atmosphere. but getting back to the arabian beach, would I stay here again, most definitely YES. did I have any gripes during my stay Yes the same one as most did during my week in that the AIRCON was switched off in the main hotel building, churchill bar/mayfair bar as the OWNER wanted to save money due to low occupancy! It is appreciated that the low numbers meant the hotel owner wanted to save money but perhaps not putting welcome fruit bowls and cookies in each room for the new arrivals regardless of what standard of room could be a money saving idea? or perhaps ensuring doors are kept closed in the main buildings are closed and keep the air con on all day low? if doors are left open air con is not effective! Over all out of 100 I would give this hotel 95 for the cleanliness, happy friendly staff/management, comfy sunbeds, quality of food/drinks, quietness, comfy clean rooms and smooth running of the hotel and I hope to visit again soon. To all staff keep up the good work and I hope to see you all again

Room Tip: Rooms on blocks 1 and 2 such as pansy etc are a short stroll from the main building - yes people hav...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank hev106
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your kind comment on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to read that your enjoyed your stay with us and despite travelling alone were able to use the majority of our outlets and services. Please be assured that your comment regarding the air conditioning has been passed to the management and is being monitored and currently switched on in the reception area at regular intervals throughout the day.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to our little paradise.