“Fantastic stay!”

Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort
Ranked #56 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for one week and it was absolutely perfect. In addition to the pristine facilities and beautiful design, what really stood out to me was how attentive the staff were. Everyone, from the restaurants to the reception, is doing their best to make sure guests are well looked after.
I had a lovely spacious room with a beautiful view of the sea. If you don't mind being a bit further from the restaurants and main building, choosing a room closer to the sea means you can avoid the noisy main pool and children.
Aside from the buffet restaurant, I also ate at the Thai, Indian and Italian restaurants. The food wasn't amazing, but good enough and the staff were happy to replace my dish when it wasn't what I expected. I really enjoyed the variety of alcohol-free cocktails, some very tasty combinations!
The wifi was generally frustrating but at times I didn't mind, since the whole point of a holiday is to disconnect. I did find the music played in the common areas to be very repetitive and even annoying after a few days.
All in all, I had a wonderful stay and it was exactly the rest and relaxation that I needed. The staff were excellent and I won't hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the sea (and higher up) to avoid the noise from the kids at the main pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank globetrottergrl_44
SunriseArabianBeach, Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2015

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was with great pleasure that we received your kind comments. We will surely be sharing them with our team!

We are delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression. Providing our valuable guests with memorable experiences, are a paramount of importance to us all.
I would also like to thank you for complementing our staff team members. They will be certainly delighted to know that they left a great impression on you. They will be very happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at Sunrise grand select for a week at the end of March,The hotel is brand new-less than a year old.It is very nicely situated,well thought and designed.There are finishing issues on the rooms and premises but nothing that would affect your holiday drastically.The stuff are all very friendly and the management stuff are very visible.
Although the quality of the food is good, my wife who is very picky had some issues with the taste of buffet food especially during the first days of our stay.Towards the end though the food was much improved since the new manager is really focusing on this issue.The a la carte restaurants were nice but you must book them in advanced.
I was travelling with my 20 months old son and he was very happy playing at the heated pool with other children.There is a supervised kids area available at the hotel and daily events for the kids from the animation team.
The beach was quite nice although we couldn't swim much because for the baby the water was a bit cold.Although there are enough free sunbeds,it worths prebooking a private gazebo for 10$.
The only issues i had was withthe interenet being very slow, the room service menu quality which was sub-standard and the long distances i had to walk from the room to the main pool-restaurant areas (but this was usually solved through the use of the club car).Also you get 2 small bottles of water complimentary daily in your room but they are really not enough bearing in mind that tap water in egypt is not drinkable.I had to carry bottles of water to my room on a daily basis or order the chargeable room service.I am sure though that any issues this hotel might have are being adressed because the new management team is really focused.
All in all it was a good family holiday experience,definatelly value for money and i would gladly visit sunrise grand select again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank engskyri

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I visited this beautiful hotel with my mother for two weeks in March and we were joined by my 30 year old daughter for the second week. It was obvious from our arrival that we would enjoy our holiday in such an elegant, modern and stylish building. The setting, terraced down to the breathtaking beach and coral sea is gorgeous. That, coupled with the fantastic food and hard-working, friendly staff ensured that we had an absolutely amazing holiday.
Our room had two really comfortable double beds and was very similar in decor to my daughter’s room but her’s had just a king size bed. Both rooms were large, bright and very well appointed with modern, neutral furnishings to appeal to all tastes. The bathroom was very attractive and , although it did not have a bath, it had the biggest and most powerful shower I have ever had in a hotel. We literally need not have taken any toiletries as the hotel provided toothbrushes, tooth paste, razors and gel, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser etc and these were replaced as soon as we asked the cleaner for more. Our cleaner kept everything spotlessly clean and we only had to ask for anything we needed, nothing was too much trouble There was a large flat screen TV in the bedroom with a great selection of programmes for the English speaking guests compared to other hotels we have visited. The mini-bar was stocked with soft drinks which were refilled regularly plus there was fresh bottled water every day. Although there was a kettle and coffee and tea, you needed to borrow a couple of mugs and also get milk from one of the bars to keep in the fridge for when you wanted to make your own hot drinks. To be honest, hot drinks were available in so many places in the hotel at all times of day that we barely used the kettle anyway.
We were really pleased with the position of our room 2128 in the Dahlia block which led out onto a terrace and garden right next to one of the quieter pools. We preferred this position by far to the bigger, more popular main pool. Other people preferred the main pool as it has a swim up bar and is livelier with music and games led by the animation team (who were super friendly and great fun!) The sunbeds were attractive and sturdy with nice pads to make them more comfortable. We never had any trouble finding one at any time of day and the pool attendants were always on hand to help anyway.
We enjoyed eating at all the restaurants, but our favourite a la cartes were the Thai and the Indian. Most lunchtimes we ate down at the Italian beach bar restaurant. The salads, pastas and pizzas were just a perfect light bite for that time of day. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the alcoholic drinks throughout the hotel, particularly the wines and spirits which were very palatable but our favourite tipples by far were the delicious cocktails. They come highly recommended by us and believe me, we tried them all! We usually had them served by Bassem, who had a lovely, attentive, professional manner and always served with a smile.
There were a couple of minor issues which mainly seemed due to teething problems for this new hotel. They really didn’t cause us much concern but for fairness and balance I feel I need to point them out. Firstly, although the staff are efficient, hard-working and cheerful (like the brilliant Sammeh who never seems to stop) they sometimes seem to be rushing around to cope with too many guests. We spoke to the catering manager, Yasser who was so positive and genuinely interested in our opinions. He assured us that they were working hard recruiting and training more staff to deal with this issue, so maybe this problem has already been solved. We had a couple of small issues, such as using the computerised restaurant booking system, and went for assistance to the young English girl employed for customer relations. She seemed very polite but not really prepared to put herself out much. This attitude was a bit disappointing, especially in contrast to the efforts the Egyptian staff always seemed to put in to ensure guests were happy.
Overall this has to rate as one of our best holidays ever and we will definitely, definitely be returning ASAP. So, to all the management and staff of this brilliant resort – a massive “Thank you” from Lynne, Val and Lisa for going the extra mile to make everything just perfect for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank lynneteacher

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We travelled with our 3 children and had a family room on The ground floor in the Marigold Block, it was just perfect. The pool was just a few meters outside the room. The rooms vere clean and spacious enough for the five of us.

The beach was lovely, we rented a cabana most of the days and they were brilliant. The snorkelling is just fantastic.

The restaurants are all good, we tried all of them apart from the fish restaurant. The service was good and the staff very friendly.

The kids loved the watersides, but they are aimed at the slightly older children as they are very fast. There is a life guard on duty.

We met some lovely families, there is a mixture of nationalities at the hotel.

The evening entertainment needs to be improved, but the animation team were really good.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would love to return.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BrightonHarpers
SunriseArabianBeach, Public Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest!
Thank you very much for staying at Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort and sharing your positive feedback!
We are glad that you and your family had enjoyable stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort!
We will be happy to arrange for you and your children nice room in your favorite Marigold block!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The resort is extremely impressive and the setting, looking out on to the Red Sea is serene. This is a fairly new property so as with any new resort, there were still a few kinks to iron out. However in speaking to management staff, it was exciting to hear about plans that were in the works for this resort. The service is 5 star and every single one of the staff is ready to help... I would add that the towel boy took his job way to seriously though... lol! The guest rooms are spacious and no matter where you're located, you will never be too far from the pool! There are several dining options for dinner for International guests (reservations required). I remember being how authentic tasting the Thai and Indian restaurants were. The resort was very clean, no matter where you were and the spa treatments were awesome! The entertainment needs a bit of an update, which I believe they were still working on at the time, If you are a snorkeling fan, this is definitely the place to stay at... no need to take a boat out to a reef as the 25' deep reef is part of the resort! I would definitely return in a year or so!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barb F
SunriseArabianBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest!
We are glad that you had enjoyable holiday and liked our property.
You are right, there are “still a few kinks to iron out” and our team is working on it.
Our goal is to deliver the best possible service and product to our guests!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort and our team will do all the best to make your next holiday the memorable and enjoyable one again!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have stayed in the resort just after Easter and we were very glad that we missed the rush of holiday makers as the beach was tranquil in the mornings.
The room is very specious with good air conditioning, which we turned on often to kill off moscitos. The hotel should have invested in some room plug ins that would repel moskitos as they could be a non-sense at night. We used some sprays with us to repelent them but still got bitten.
The bathroom was fairly clean, but on my arrival I had to clean the toilet as I found it very unclean with some pubic hair under the seat. As per the smell in the bathroom, I think all heat countries have problem with drainage and it was not too disturbing. The towels are changed daily and the shower is very spacious.
There is a tea/coffee facility in the room, but no mugs to use it, only glasses for water.
Minibar contatins 7 cans of soft drinks and they get only replenished once a week, which I think it's very stingy and poor for 5 star hotel and the fact that days are very hot.
You get 2 small bottles of water replenished daily, so we used some bolied water to brush teeth and save on the mineral one for the beach.
The drinks on the beach are available from 10.30 and not minute earlier!
In the first few days we were served some questionable diluted coke and lemonade but then they switched to bottled drinks which made a difference.
Coffee on the beach is horrible. It's from the autimatic machine and although you ask for cappuccino of latte they all taste the same and with no milk! You can not get any food or snack on the beach, unless you book or pay for in the lousy Italian restaurant. We had a dinner in the Italin, French and Indian restaurant and apart from Indian the other two were just not worth going.
Food was very average and we would be better off goign to a buffet.
Buffet is reasonably stocked- 3/4 UK stars. On the positive side we have never had any tummy problems so that shows food is prepared in hyginic way.
Very dissapoiting when it comes to drinks. From alcoholic drinks all inclusive only covers some sort of wine and beer. No coctails at all. You have to pay for them. Considering the 5 star, the resort should at least provide coctails made with local spirits and charge for the premium brand ones.
Some staff were attentive some where ignorant but you get that everywhere. Considering how little they earn in Egypt and how hard they need to work in heat, we could not feel upset when we didn't always get what we ordered.
I did get upset though accidently listening to some' high flying ' manageress with American accent who just arrived to Sharm and was slagging staff off! Shame on her! She should get fired first for discriminating people in reagrds of their looks, or not being able to keep her mouth shut in public areas! That is the terrace!
We have truly enjoyed the beach!, It's wonderful! It has it's own jetty that takes you directly into water so no real need for special beach shoes. There is a small coral reef as well so make sure you do buy some good snorkels! I have mada mistake of not owning ones and really regretted it! We went on the boat trip with Pyramid Divers and we had an awsome day! Highly recommendable but make sure you have your own snorkels! I had used the ones avaiable on the boat and as they were loose the water kept coming in, which is not really pleasant experiance. But the person responsible for swimming with us was kind enough to lend me his own ones :)
We also did Star Gazing trip into the Sinai Desert. The trip can be booked with Thomas Cook representative. We have really enjoyed the experience of the desert. You ride on the camel for about 20-30 minutes, you get to eat food preperaed by Beduines, you listen them sining and watch beatiful sunset. You get to see Syrius and Jupiter thourgh mega powerfull telescope!
Overall we would definetly retrun to the resort, probably not in peak season, we felt welcomed and looked after especially by the beach and breakfast staff.
We will not let Thomas Cook make money on us though anymore. They are a rip off! You have to pay additional money if you want to choose sits next to each other on the flight, we did not see any value added in booking the holiday with them as to oppose of booking everything independently (and you can do it!), the luggage allowance is stingy they even waighted my cabin luggage again before boarding in UK. On return we were asked if we wanted to add speedy boarding for additonal £10 per person and we said no. The member of staff sat there talking on the phone while we all queued as no one wanted to pay more! On the return flight, we flown for 6 hours due to strong wind and not even complimentary glass of water or tea was offered to us!
Shame on Thomas Cook service, definetly not worth the money.
Hotel though yes, and I hope to return there but not in the pick time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Sunrise Arabian Beach resort Sharm el Sheikh!
First of all, thank you very much for your detailed feedback, which will help us to improve our resort!
We would like to apologize for inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
All your comments have been taken into consideration and our hotel management is working on this issues.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort and give us a chance to prove that we can do much better and make your stay more comfortable and your holiday happier!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spend one week, all inclusive in this new hotel @ sharks bay. The rate of 5 (egyptian) stars is correct. The gardens, the rooms, the swimming pools are spacious, beautiful and clean. The restaurants are OK. The buffet-resto and the indian were the best. The italian-resto was rather disappointing. The resto-capacity is to narrow. We spend the easter-weekend, and the restaurants were very crowded. Knowing that only about 80% of the rooms are available, i am afraid that at 100% people will need to struggle to find a place to eat.
The staff is very polite but they need to grow in their job. A five star hotel demands for a certain "flair" and this is not (yet) present. The big boss was omni-present. Early in the morning, late at night, at reception or on the beach, everywhere and every time he was coaching his personnel. It was more than obvious that this was the weak point in the hotel. Knowing that it is a new hotel i can understand. But this a point they will need to work on. Only "neckermann-thomascook" offers this hotel in Belgium. For the second time we were very disappointed in this company. The hotel is not to blame, the "thomascook-service" was awful.
To resume ..... "Thomascook" very poor. The accommodation very good. The hotel staff needs to learn there new job. In a few months/years this hotel can become one of the best hotels in sharm. It just needs a little bit time ......

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank svdke

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for staying at Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort and sharing your holiday experience with us!
Please be assured, that we are working on developing and improving our services, and especially we are stressing on staff skills and knowledge trainings.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort and make your next stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable!