3,294 results
All reviewschurchill barwaterfall barroyal clubanimation teamorchid blocka la carte restaurantsswim up roomspecial thankswelcome homefish restaurantmain poolguest servicesmain restaurantamazing hotelfront office managerspecial mentiongreat holiday
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Thank You animation team NANI, SOKAR, CHARLIE, AMY and KATYA, they made our stay very pleasant and comfortable! Wonderful ppl with high energy and always there for u! Everything was excellent even though the weather wasnt on our side. The food there was really really good, 5 restaurants that u could try for free the first time, something to think about is that u need to wear pants/jeans, no shorts when going to dinner, they didnt inform that when we checked in, but nothing that ruined our visit. The main pool was warmed up, bar at the pool which was so nice, taking a cool drink while enjoying the sun in the pool. The staff always said Hi and where really kin. Sunrise Your eyes will never Close seee u sooon! Recommend this hotel for everybody!

Take care

MIDO, SINAN, KIRSTI

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mido L
SunriseArabianBeach, Manager at SUNRISE Arabian Beach Resort -Grand Select-, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2015

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was with great pleasure that we received your kind comments. We will surely be sharing them with our team!

We are delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression. Providing our valuable guests with memorable experiences, are a paramount of importance to us all.
I would also like to thank you for complementing our staff team members. They will be certainly delighted to know that they left a great impression on you. They will be very happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

First of all I would like to say a big thank you to the staff and managers for allowing me and my family to stay at this wonderful hotel. The great thing about this hotel is that everyone is friendly as all the staff that walk past or drive past in the buggies (which I found cool) were all in a happy mood as they are always smiling. And then there was the cleaner. Well what can I say. Just a magician in design. Every morning coming back to the room after breakfast there was a little statue made out of the towels in our room. They were pretty amazing and I personally liked the elephant he designed as I spent 10-15 minutes trying to figure out how he did it. Such a nice guy as well.

Food and restaurants
The food at the sunrise Arabian hotel was 100% perfect my view due to the fact that there was so much variety to choose from and the taste of the food was also great. Also the staff at the restaurant were very nice especially Mahmoud, Mustafa and the Elvis look alike. Always smiling and asking if we needed anything and if we did we would receive it in quick service.

Rooms
The rooms were amazing. There was so much space in the rooms were you could just chill out after a long day on either the double bed or the super comfy sofa or even on the balcony. The room was well furnished and immaculate. It even had tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge with drinks in it. All I can say is what more can you ask for.

Entertainment
Finally, last but certainly not least I would like to talk about the animation team. Well first of all I would like to say Thank you to Gahed (Nani), Charlie, Socca (Sugar), Emy and Katia for providing amazing entertainment during our stay at the hotel. This included water polo, Aqua gymnastics and darts were available for all the tourists staying at the hotel in the morning and the afternoon. My favourite was the Darts and the game killer as it is great fun and also while you are playing you have the chance to meet some new people. Not to forget the show in the evening was great as the was a variety of shows such as different dances and my favourite the variety show not to forget the song the team created. "If I not work in animation I would like to do something else"... So finally I would like to say another thank you to the animation team as they are some of the funniest and nicest people I have met in my life so I hope to see you all again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Yusuf R

The negatives:
Arrived at night and told to sit and wait at the far end of an enormous lobby. Waited, and waited and eventually discovered that there was a problem with the photocopier, and this was causing the delay. This wasn't a good start particularly because it was late and we were tired and hungry. We did wonder how long we would have been just left there if we hadn't intervened. On arriving in our room we had expected to find full information about the hotel facilities, maybe a map, restaurant opening/closing times, spa treatments. Something, anything! We did have a couple of single typewritten sheets about what restaurants were available, but those were contradictory and were worse than useless. We left the room in search of something to eat and found what we thought might be the International buffet - no sign of course. What was on offer was inedible, so our first night dinner consisted of some dry bread rolls.

Unfortunately this lack of information, no signs on any of the restaurants, no real clue as to what was available did negatively affect our stay. There were several maps dotted around but no signs on any of the buildings so it did take a while to work out where everything was. This is not helpful when you only have limited time.

The other negative was the food. The food in the restaurants - Indian/French/Thai/Italian and Fish was beautifully presented and would have been lovely but in the main was served cold. The Italian was the exception to this with some dishes making it to the table hot and others not.

Lastly, and this is personal to my circumstances - I am not disabled but am asthmatic and the levels between beach/restaurants/rooms/pools were very difficult for me to handle. The fish restaurant is absolutely stunning but by the time I got there I was not feeling good purely because of the number of steep steps. It would be a shame to miss out just because of physical difficulties and it would be easy to make one or two of the many buggies available for guest transport.

Positives:
This is a beautiful hotel, the situation is stunning; the gardens will be beautiful and the grounds are immaculate and well cared for.

The beach is clean with an abundance of loungers and very attentive, friendly staff.

Our room, a superior double, was comfortable, well appointed and clean. The beds were comfortable and housekeeping was thorough and helpful. The finishing was not good and one wonders how well everything will stand up to use. The bathroom was large with a big walk in shower, no bath but the water was hot, towels of good quality and it was clean. The tv was fine, and not something which we really used. The fridge was stocked with a selection of cans, about 6 I think, these were included but replacements charged for. Two bottles of still water were provided and replaced daily for no extra charge.

Staff: On the whole the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient, with one or two exceptions. In part that might have been because there were large numbers of Egyptians staying at the hotel for our first few days, and I think that the hotel was understaffed for the numbers. They visibly relaxed when guest numbers reduced. Some of the waiting staff probably just need further training, we had a couple of instances where we gave up waiting for coffee or desert and just left. We found the most helpful staff were those working at the Italian on the beach, they were quick to remember you and your preferences, fast, friendly and efficient and the most likely to serve food hot. Mustapha gets a special mention here - cheerful in the morning/afternoon and still cheerful in the evening - not easy when working such long shifts. We ended up eating lunch here most days.

We don't look for entertainment when on holiday being content to relax and read so had little to do with the entertainment staff. They all seemed to be friendly and involving and having realised that we did not want to participate weren't pushy and left us to it - just right!

I appreciated the unlimited internet access, I'm self employed and a couple of urgent business issues came up whilst I was away and it was really good to be able to log in from my lounger and deal with them. The speed wasnt great but it was sufficient and so much better than having to spend my precious time searching for an internet cafe of stuck in a hotel lobby

All in all, the potential is all there it just needs tweaking a little and it will be a wonderful holiday venue

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jay P

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to Egypt with my family and friends. Everyone was so lovely towards me and I made lots of friends with the Sunrise staff. Masha let me run around and draw in the kids club, Emy and Katya taught me the waka waka dance. Mustafa and Maboud gave me lots of food and hi5's.

Even Ozzy the photograph was good fun and we have some great pictures of the holiday.

It was fun to run in and out of the beach pool which was nice and warm.
I didn't like all the stairs in the resort so me and daddy went to the beach in a golf cart.
The beach was nice but I fell and hurt my knee on some rocks. I prefer the beaches in Cape Cod as they have more sand and no rocks.

The whole place was very very clean and I loved the big open spaces to run around, it felt very safe but I always stayed close to my mummy and daddy.

I slept peacefully all night in my own big bed and watched the TV channels when I woke up before breakfast.

We had daddies birthday there and they made a special cake for him and I brought my balloons.

I hope mummy and daddy take me back for my 2nd birthday later this year.

One happy toddler. X

Room Tip: Wear aqua socks on the beach as you can stand on stones. Bring your fav beach toys. I brought my beach ball, float, catch-n-stick mitts, baby water toys.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank The_Bobli

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We booked this very last minute for a bit of winter sun. Situated away from Sharm and Na'arma Bay (a positive in our opinion but if you want nightlife, shops bars etc this isn't the place for you) Sunrise Arabian is located in Sharks Bay which is basically a row of hotels along the coast. There are a few tacky shops along nearby selling souvenirs, local supermarket and chemist (you can buy any prescription drugs in Egypt including antibiotics).
Never done All Inclusive before but Egypt is the place to try is - from previous visits to Cairo, Alex and Luxor we found most decent restaurants are inside hotels and those which are not don't usually sell alcohol :(.
Sunrise Arabian lives up to its five star status on the whole. It is massive and on around five levels, all with own pools and leading down to the sandy private beach and coral reef. It is tastefully decorated and staff are attentive and courteous without being pushy - they never ask or hint for tips (though it's always nice to recognise good service and remember that the average pay in Egypt is around £120 a month).
Our room was large, well furnished and immaculately clean with an ensuite shower room. There are tea and coffee making facilites (but no milk) as well as a mini bar.
It is very clean and the food and drinks excellent - you will definately leave heavier than when you came! Breakfast is a hot and cold buffet catering for all nationalities, lunch is an international hot and cold buffet (compliments to the amazing pastry chef - OMG the sweets were to die for - delicate little morsels of various cakes, baklava, custards, creams, mousses etc). Dinner is either at the international buffet or you can book into one of the restaurants (if you are all incl. there is no extra charge apart from the Seafood Restaurant which is very reasonably priced). There are Thai, Middle Eastern, French, Indian, Italian restaurants - we tried the Thai Italian and French and they were all excellent , the Thai was probably the best.
As well as meals snacks, cocktails, drinks are available all day long and afternoon tea is served (again the amazing cakes). All Inc includes local wine and beer - the wine is Egyptian Omar Kayyam but don't panic, it is actually ok and the white is quite good.
The pool areas are clean and there is a snack bar for food and drinks. Being All Incl there is an 'Animation Team' who bordered on irritating at times but that is a personal opininion - we like to chill out around the pool without being encouraged to do 'Aquagymnasticas' or darts but we are probably being grumpy! They did have rather loud 70's music on around the pool in a morning but it didn't last for too long. But they can't please everyone all of the time and mostly it was peaceful. The beach is not crowded and has lots of shades and loungers. You cannot swim directly from the beach due to the coral reef but there is a private jetty. The hotel has it's own coral reef which is truly amazing and abundant with many different fish but althought beautiful and the water is clear and warm can also be choppy, is very deep once the reef drops away and it not suitable for children or anyone who is not a strong swimmer.
There are a few shops located inside the hotel and you will not get hassled here and the young man , Awny, working there was lovely and chatted to us about life in Egypt and his home town over a cup of Chai (after we bought our souvenirs so there was nothing in it for him).
There are few negatives really - milk in the room for tea, sometimes service was slow in the restaurants when it was busy but we would definately go back - great for couples wanting to chill and relax.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple