“Nice hotel”

Ranked #16 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Moscow
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We rested in the Prestige 5 nights. The hotel is certainly not "better than Dubai." Sea view room a bit old but comfort. Cleaning is good-all the necessary accessories are available. Mini bar replenished regularly. Very attentive staff.
We bought half board. Breakfast is good, but dinners we do not like (kitchen). But the service at the height-Plasirs restaraunt above all praise! Desserts there are good, selection of wines is limited.
The hotel beach is small and not always free sunbeds. The descent into the water, too, is not convenient, there are" traffic jams" (many people)
I think that for 200 euros per day you can find something better. While held in Sharm on the weekend do not regret.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marishcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
Great Yarmouth
Reviewed July 14, 2010

The service received by all the staff was without doubt the very best I have encountered on any holiday we have had. The moto for the Prestige hotel is "better than Dubai". I have visited Dubai on many occasions and I can honestly say it is better. Everything was taken care of without question. We arrived 8 hours prior to our check in time and were allowed to have the room early and there was no charge. I had requested a king size bed but when we arrived in our room twin beds were in place. Later in the day (when we were on the beach) the bed was swapped for a king size without any request from me or my wife.
The resort is huge but we were chauffered around in a golf buggy. Which is very good in the extreme heat.
The private beach was wonderful and allowed easy access to the sea from a floating jetty. Swimming in the red sea is just like swimming in a giant fish tank. Just walking along the floating jetty gave you an idea of how good it is.
The location of the hotel is very good. Far enough away from Naama bay and all the hustel and bustle. But close enough if you want it.
If you are going to book I suggest half board. As a prestige hotel resident you can eat at any of the food outlets. The Plaisirs is the signature restaurant but I highly reccommend the steak house. We ate there 3 times and each time it was first class.
Breakfast at the plaisirs is another excellent experience. All hot food is cooked to order and you do not have the hassle of buffet halls as you do in the other hotels on the resort.
Another great point for staying at the Prestige is you are allowed unlimited access to all the outdoor pools in the Spa and unlimited use of the gym. Laying on a sunbed with a fine spray of water cooling you is something to behold.
Top tip. Do not use the hotel water to clean your teeth. You will suffer a stomach upset. Both of us found this out to our cost. Use the free bottled water supplied daily in the room.
I have stayed at 5 hotels in Sharm and the Domina Coral Bay Prestige is the very best.
I have no doubt we will be returning again soon. First class all round.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank SteveChristine_1983
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Just spent a week at the Prestige. We stayed half board, which is advisable. It is what it is! Hot weather everyday. Nice, but a aging sea view room.
Plasirs restaraunt is a real plus to the stay. Serving wonderful pasta and seafood dishes. Being able to eat fresh fish and pasta, served to your table, by very nice, but sometimes "over-helpful" staff members is a real bonus.
You will not be dissapionted!.
The Uk clientele is in the minority. But that is a bonus for me. Have a proper espresso at the dive centre, have a snorkel. Hang at the main "Prestige" pool all day. Take a club car to the supermarket to get your water supplys or wherever. Job done!
Just a shame that after all this time. Sharm airport is a absolute nightmare!! Get some management in there sharpish. That is the real problem.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Kevdop
N. Ireland
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Hi There,

We have just returned from a week in the Domina Prestige Hotel, which is part of the sprawling Coral Bay Resort, located about 10 minutes from Naama Bay, which, trust me is a very good thing!

We planned this holiday in October 2009, as a reward for our twin children who had both recently completed the controversial post primary transfer tests in N. Ireland. We don’t believe we got a particularly good offer on the holiday cost wise, and accepted that the fact it was a ‘prestige’ hotel, that you had to pay for it!!

Firstly, we had an excellent week overall, and I would return to this area again for winter sunshine – the weather was simply fabulous! However, I would do things a little differently next time… Firstly, I would never go anywhere near Naama Bay, or the market areas of ‘old Sharm’. The environment is hostile and threatening, and what they sell is total tat. The locals will try to exploit everyone. I was short changed in a spice shop using old currency – costing me £100 EP!!

In terms of our accommodation, although perhaps it is a little ‘colonial’ in terms of décor and perhaps just a little tired it was very comfortable. On arrival, we thought the room could have been cleaner – there were lipstick marks on the wine glasses, and more dust on the surfaces than I would have liked. A call to the guest relations soon had housekeeping busying to rectify situation.

Externally, the veranda area had wooden shutters which were a nice touch, but also had 2 lovely comfortable sofa’s which made our evening drinks very pleasurable – although a word of warning for alfresco comfort, protect yourself from insects!! (little b*ggers ate me alive!!)

Moving to the pools… This is what you pay for. Gorgeous pools, stunning outlook, and comfortable sun beds. The prestige element of this hotel means that it is protected from the madding crowds, and really very peaceful. The photos on the website do represent what you will experience, however, the wooden boardwalk areas are burnt up a bit, and in some areas they have lifted presenting a real trip hazard!

A short stroll down the hill would take you to the prestige private beach. Really fab location. There was a pontoon which floated out over a live reef, and steps at the end which allowed you easy access to the depths at the edge of the reef – Trust me, if anything would coax me back to sharm it would be the snorkeling. I have never experienced anything like it!!

Food: We had the half board option which was suffice. Lunch snacks were taken by the pool, and the rolls/burgers were of high quality and not that expensive.

For Breakfast and Dinner we had a choice of two restaurants, Plasiars, or El Wady. Both were excellent in their own ways, although I could describe Plasiars as very fine dining! We enjoyed this a lot, and even though our kids are just 11yo, they also enjoy the finer things in life. We had breakfast here each morning, a fantastic selection for the self service buffet, followed by al a carte eggs!!

El Wady in the evenings serves good old fashioned steak and chips, but also on the other extreme a seafood casserole to die for. Plasiars was much different, and indeed leaned toward the Italian guests. In both locations, the price of wine was down right ridiculous. I like wine, so I treated myself, (I’m on holidays!!), but 85 Euro for a £10 bottle is taking the P. El Wady wine was similarly expensive, but at least they gave you to choice of ‘local’ wines for circa £20 stg a bottle!

In summary, I recommend this hotel for a winter sunshine week, at the right price. I would go back under the right conditions. As for what we experienced of Egypt, it done nothing to encourage me back. The place is filthy, and disgusts me. I was glad to get through the airport and back on the plane home to the UK – at least I know I wouldn’t suspect that I was being ripped off anymore – I would know I was!!

Finally, the slogan of the Domina Resort was “Better Than Dubai”…. No it isn’t, not by a long long way!! So it’s back to the Palm Tree Court Hotel in Dubai for me us in the Summer!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Beckinhill
England
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We have been to Egypt approx 9 times. This hotel is the best one in the Coral Bay group. We first stayed in the Coral Oasis which is nice but more basic. We moved onto the Sultan which was better, more plush and set nearer to the beach. We found the Prestige on our first visit and went for a meal there..truly amazing! We pushed the boat out and booked the prestige for our third visit and have never looked back. Private beach area where drinks are served to your sunbed, free cool boxes are supplied on beach if you prefer, but why bother when you can eat at the beach restaurant which serves fresh seafood or meat on the barbecue to your liking. A stunning restaurant, Plaisiers, where the service is second to none. Cool, silver service, elegant and yet friendly attention. Actually we don't want to say too much in case we ca't get in next time due to the sudden discovery of this truly gem of a hotel. We have recommended this hotel to others and they have all fallen in love with it.
'The Flemings'

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank EnglandRealist
glasgow
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Beautiful setting, you do not need to leave the resort to experience amazing snorkelling! If the sea isn't for you then there lots of pools to choose from. Fantastic food in 5* restaurants. The staff are so friendly and eager to please. Evening entertainment was of a high standard. Room was clean and comfortable. Spa was a joy and service at all times excellent. Brits are in the minority, 90% of guests are Russian. We will hurry back!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LMac9
Guildford, UK
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Prestige is the best hotel out of the five that form the massive Dominal Coral Bay Resort. We booked half-board for five days. Despite been only able to eat (for free) in two of the resort's restaurants, the food was amazing (all a'll carte - not buffet) . 30% discount on food and drinks available at other restaurants throughout the resort, but stay well clear of the pizzeria. Going in low season meant it felt like we had the resort to ourselves. Loads of different pools as well as the beach only a stone's throw away. Amazing value (we paid less than £500 for flight, hotel and transfer). Very friendly and helpful staff. Local wine is cheap but not particularly palletable. European wine availabe, but at about £50 per bottle. Lots of Russians staying in the cheaper hotels in the resort.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends