“"Fantastic"”
Review of Mangroovy Horses and more... - CLOSED

Mangroovy Horses and more...
More attraction details
Owner description: Our stables closed beginning July 2015 and the information has not been taken off the TripAdvisor website until now...
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Being my first holiday in Egypt I was a bit apprehensive to go horse riding on my own being a woman in a male dominated place, I booked the trip thought the hotel rep which if doing it again I would certainly go straight to the stables ( a lot cheaper ), I was presently surprised to be picked up by a very friendly lady who made me feel at ease. The stables are kept very clean and tidy and as for the horses they are all very well cared for and are in top condition, as I am an experienced rider I was able to ride their top horse a fantastic black Arab stallion who was amazing and gave me a fabulous ride. I would recommend this experience to everybody who has an interest in horses I would love to go back for more but unfortunately my holiday came to an end and no time to go back .

3  Thank Alison A

Reviewed February 8, 2013

When my friend and I had booked our vacation to Sharm el sheik I started to look for a nice horse riding place, since we both have horses at home and just couldn't handle a whole week without these amazing animals. But it turned out to be really hard to find a place in Sharm where the horses looked healthy and happy. I was just about to give up when I found Mangroovy horses. I got in contact with Helena through email. She patiently answered all my questions and I booked a 3 hour riding.

Helena picked us up at our hotel. It felt right from the first moment on, she was very friendly and easy going. The stables was very clean and all the horses looked healthy and happy. My friend wanted a calmer horse and got a perfect match. I wanted a horses with a little more energy and as many others I fell in love with Balel. The horses was very sensitive and wonderful to ride. Your could just tell that they loved the ride as much as we did!

Our guide Ali was such an inspirational person and he had a really nice hand with the horses. He was also a wonderful guide and really listened to how we wanted the ride to go, what pace and so on..

The national park and the environment was a thrill. I had high expectations but I just couldn't have imagined anything like this. It felt like a dream to gallop in the middle of the desert next to the Sinai mountains. We loved it so much, we had to come back again the same week..

It doesn't matter if you love horses like I do, if you haven't ridden in a long time or maybe never, I promise you that you will have the time of your life. Both the horses and people at Mangroovy horses are just AMAZING. I can't recommend it enough!

Best regards,

Sara (and Jenny)

2  Thank Saraelize
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I’m not sure where to start here.. I contacted Helena after reading the reviews on here, as i wanted to ride during my stay. Firstly her correspondents were lighting speed, informative and helpful.

I booked a 3.5 ride on the first day, and a full day with a picnic 2 days later ( I probably should have left another day to rest in hindsight...

Helena also kindly offered to pick me up and drop me back to my hotel on both days.

The horses themselves, are unlike any I have ever come across, these animals are deeply loved, and this shows in their excitement to ride, the light touch of response and they are very happy animals.

The 2 days I had trips I rode out with Ali, I have never seen someone so gifted with horses. His gentle manner, the horses respond so well to his calmness.

My first ride was with an incredible stallion, who was a little strong for me. Ali took amazing care of me, it’s been a while since I have ridden, and I am a little lacking in confidence. I couldn’t have wished to spend the day with a nicer person.

My second full day ride, was with a lovely white mare. I was however so tired, I wished I had waited another day, but again Ali was happy to just take a relaxed ride, not pushing me to do more than I was comfortable with.

Both days we rode in the "park" I use that term lighting, a backdrop of mountains, lagoons, desert and the sea... bliss... away from the noise of life...

Helena met us for lunch and we had the most amazing picnic. It was actually the best meal I had in the entire 5 days..

so in summary, these are very special horses, and very special people.. Regardless of your riding ability, they will take care of you. It’s a personal service, one on one, none of this conveyer belt rides (or most of the tours to be fair)

They will make you feel special, like your time with them, it’s for just you... and them....

I plan to improve my riding here in the UK, and return soon.

when you leave, your heart breaks a little...

2  Thank EmmajL_13
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We opted for Mangroovy Horses over other horse-riding alternatives in Sharm after seeing the positive reviews on TripAdvisor and we definitely found them worthy of their reputation. As other posters have said, the horses all seemed happy and well cared for. One foal suckled on its mother (my horse) while I was on her, which was an unexpected t(r)eat. We went for the sunset mountain hack option rather than an alternative beach route (we'd seen enough beaches) and were treated to some beautiful scenery, very different from what we're used to in London. There is a range of horses to cater for anyone's ability. We were both novices and our guide was attentive in keeping the speed comfortable for us and providing us with useful information when we asked any questions.

Due to flight delays getting into Sharm, we unexpectedly missed our original booking time but Helena kindly let us rearrange for another day. From the first email we sent her enquiring about arranging a horse-riding trip, responses were very prompt and informative. Had we not gone towards the end of our stay we might well have gone back and sampled another route. As it is, we would definitely go back again next time we go to Sharm.

1  Thank Abel_Dan
Reviewed January 18, 2013

What a great place! The horses were all very well cared for, had a lovely big paddock to roam around in and the stables were kept beautifully clean and tidy.

I booked a beach ride in the National Park through our tour guide and had such a great time that I had to go back for more! I rang Helena directly and she very kindly collected me from my hotel and drove me back after the ride. She made me feel very welcome, offering me cups of tea, introducing me to all the horses (the foals were gorgeous!) and allowing me to feed them all their daily ration of carrots :)

I rode Balal on both rides and fell in love with him! He was very fit, responsive and well-mannered. Perfect! My guide, Miso, was also great - very easy to talk to and full of interesting information about the horses and Egyptian life in general. He had a very nice way with the horses and obviously cared about them all. He adapted the ride to my ability and made sure I was safe and enjoyed the time. The gallops are just brilliant!

I would definitely go back for another ride if I'm ever back in Sharm and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

Sue