Returned for our second visit to Amar Sina end of August 2011( yes we chose to go back!) Stayed for 2 weeks all inclusive with my daughter aged 18 and enjoyed it even more than the first time. We had a lovely big room on the first floor with a huge balcony overlooking the pool. It was very hot but the air conditioning worked well.
The staff at the Amar Sina are all so friendly and helpful - Amir, Ahmed,Mohammed, Shams, Abdo (our lovely waiter), Mohammed and Hassan ( the chefs), Faiz and Mohammed( housekeeping staff who left us fab towel art every day) and of course DJ Mo who plays good music - and nothing is too much trouble for them.
Yes the hotel could do with a little updating but it is small and friendly and a traditional Egyptian hotel which has so much charm and character, not like so many of the big hotels in Sharm. It's a 3 star hotel and good for the price. We like the food - lots of different salads, good deserts and lots of Egyptian dishes. There were lots of different nationalities staying there and we made friends with English, Egyptian, Dutch and Polish people.
The hotel is in a quiet neighbourhood but a short walk down the road there is a really good supermarket called Reem Supermarket and Ali's fab bag shop ( we only bought 4 this time !) as well as some other souvenir shops.
There is a free minibus daily to take you to the hotel beach which is only a few minutes away. We went to the beach most days to snorkel from the end of the wooden jetty. The sea is amazing, so clear and warm with so many different colourful fish who swim around you. The sea is very shallow for some distance, and there are coral reefs, then at the end of the jetty the sea bed sudenly drops sharply into a deep blue hole - it is amazing for snorkelling and diving.
We went on a VIP snorkelling boat trip to Tiran island and the national park which was fantastic and we had our own divers who went into the water with us and guided us to where the best snorkelling was.We also went on an evening trip to Soho Square where the shops were suprisingly reasonable and we bought genuine GHDs for £20 ! The best trip of all was to Cairo and the pyramids by air for the day - absolutely amazing. Not cheap but well worth it. We thought the pyramids and the sphinx were truly spectacular although there was a lot of hassle there and the we also saw Tutankhamun's amazing treasures in the National Museum.
In the evening we went to Naama Bay a few times ( 20 Egyptian Pounds in a taxi, 5 minutes away) which is eye popping but entertaining and to the Old Market, which we thought was brilliant: great for shopping ( more handbags) and fascinating especially early evening to watch the sun go down and have a drink on the rocks there.
We suffered no bad stomachs during our time there and we had a fantastic holiday. It is a relaxing and friendly place and the staff make you feel at home. We are already planning our 3rd visit. Best wishes to everyone at the Amar Sina - see you next year !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Amarsina is an authentic Egyptian village, one of which a visitor would feel home. Within its genuine architecture, one can find some of the best inherited methods of construction in Egyptian heritage. Some Green Architecture principles was applied fifteen years ago during the construction of the village. So, as you walk through its two-hundred year old wooden door towards the lobby, you slowly start to discover the essence of the place. The handmade-brick decorated domes, colored marble floors, inner courtyard where the main swimming pool is located, village’s backyard farm with its iconic Pharonic statues, walkways, paths and corridors. We bring Egypt on a silver plate right to your grip.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amar Sina Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Amar Sina Village
- Amar Sina Sharm El Sheikh
- Amar Sina Hotel Sharm El Sheikh