All reviewsnamaa bayswimming pool isold marketscuba divingfantastic holidaytaxisharmguysbellynaamaegyptians
Reviewed June 13, 2010

My mother AND i stayed at this deplorable hotel. I know it was a last miute deal. But you still expext some thing decent.

This place was drap,the rooms had not been painted for quite sometime.

We asked for the toilet to be mended at least four times as it would not flush properly. It never was.

The Breakfast was a disgrace. If you wanted fresh juice you had to pay extra. why.
If the Russians had been in for breakfast before you,there was very little choice left

The crockery was disgusting,most of the cups were either cracked or chipped. and were black from not being washed properly.

The bathroom was a disgrace,as the toilet did not flush properly the bathroom smelled.
My mother has had an knee operation,and could not get into the bath as it was too high. So the rep suggested she used the Showers in the gym. This was two steep flights down and two steep flights up. My mother found this too much.
The bath was very stained and was not cleaned while we were there. We never got any fresh towels either.

The secruity was a joke. As the management would not let you bring in water etc. So that they could charge you extortionate prices. I used to climb over the fence with bottles of water I had bought from the supermarket down the road. And was never caught.

By the 5th day we had-had enough of a badly run hotel. So we checked out and went to another hotel at our own expense.

I have written tco Thomas Cook to ask when an inspection was made.
Like others on Trip Advisor I agree that this property should be dropped from the brouchure

Avoid this hotel like the plague.

Reviewed June 5, 2010

This is not a 3 or 4 star hotel as it said behind the reception, but we wud give it 2 stars for this.

This was our first time to Egypt and also the worst Hotel weve been to in our life. Reception and pool area quite beautiful, However, we were very disappointed when we entered our room. The bed was not done, with the blanket cover not on the bed. Floor and the rug was quite dirty, room ws dull and dark as the room window ws painted in green. Water in the bathroom was either too cold or too hot and the taps were rusty.

Daytime receptionist not helpful nr polite, was very arrogant and miserable. Never has a smile on his face, But the Night receptionist was friendly and nice. Other staff were gud but couldnt speak much english so hard to speak to them. They didnt understand us inthe bar and gave us something else and charged us twice. We were unaware of this until we checked out. Whenever we had problems saw manager, Shabaan who was very helpful.

All in all, we had a great tme as long as we were outside the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2010

i liked the hotel it was ok ,service was good ,Horrible problem with room air condition facing lazy sevice in solving this problem, all the hotel staff was lovly and always smiling except the day reception officer never smile ,Delicious food .in general the hotel was good

Reviewed May 27, 2010

I saw that insect 1st time in my life. I've discovered it in my bed & showed it to my Mom & Dad. They knew it - It was a bedbug! No one could sleep more. We moved to another hotel as fast as we could. I said the truth to all neighbours and other guests we met before leaving that hole. Don't risk youк life & health!

And hi from Siberia!

2  Thank YGagarin
Reviewed May 20, 2010

this hotel is really not for the brittish it is all for the people from polland and russia so if you come from any one of those countrys then your are fine.
and please make sure you do lock your room door at all times or you will have a drunkin poll or russian in your room with out being invited also try not to get a room near the pool on bottom level as you will be kept awake with them in the pool and singing loud and joking around in the night and trying peoples doors of there rooms to see if they can find one opened i tyr to get to like this hotel be sorry i just couldntthe food was terrible my husband never eat any thing there and we was there for one week half board ( SO VERY HAPPY WE ONLY DID ONE WEEK AS THIS WAS ENOUGH )really dont think we could have stay there for two weeks.
anyway we spent our days down on the beach not the fanar beach this one was terrible everyone all sqashed togetheri just couldnt beleave what i saw as a beach never saw this in all tyhe holidays i have traveled to and we have stayed in more cheap holidays than this one but this beach was a big joke a really big joke; but the next day we weht to the other beach el khanan or some thing of this name it another free beach that the hotel has and this was much more like a beach and much more relaxing to and also you can mix in with every one much more friendly.
as for the serving at the pool bar they will serve the polls and the russian before you get your drink we waited about 25 mins to be served one night we was so pissed of that we went to our room and had a drink of our duty free booze.
also there is a bar up stair above the front desk you will find a charming man there and his name is omar he is really very nice guy funny nice and so so so sweet and i was going to write some fgor the girl to read of omar but i promised i would keep it our secret so i am not telling anyony omar about the sniffals sniff sniff ha ha ha i know you will be reading this omar.so tell omar hello from lorna and john from scotland.
as for the food in this hotel it is rubbish my husband just couldnt eat it so we did go out to eat not to far from the hotel the name of the resturant is called PICASSO IF YOU GO OUT OF THE FRONT DOOR OF THE HOTEL TURN TO YOUR RIGHT AND WALK ALONG ABIT THEN CROSS THE ROAD TO THE OTHER SIDE AND YOU WILL COME TO A BUGGY FUNNY FAIRAND SOME SUPPER MARKETS AND THE RESTURANT IS IN THERE YOU REALLY CAN NOT MISS IT AND IT REALLY DOES DO NICE FOOD THE FIFH AND CHIPS IS REALLY VERY NICE.AND THEY DO ALOT OF HOME MADE STEAK PIE ALL DIFFERENT KIND OF PIES THE FOOD IS GOOD.
as for the thing to go out and do we didnt go to any of them as we have been to egypt before so we wasnt interrested this time i really just wanted a wee break as i the winter was so bad this year and away for us to spend some time together.
so i supose it was ok for aweek if you can handle all that niose from the polls and the russian .for me just more than happy to see home again couldnt stay one min longer.so good lucky everyone that goes there.i will not be back to there or egypt again had enough og it this time.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple