“Friendly, nice & cozy, great location, incredible staff!”

Paradise Inn Group for Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #204 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I had the most wonderful time, I’m totally in love with the place! The hotel itself was excellent (not like a 5* hotel of course), along with the food, location and staff. Everything was done to make your stay as memorable as possible. Will certainly go back again - wouldn't consider going anywhere else. I didn’t miss a thing the whole week - the staff was so friendly, nothing was too much trouble, and every guest were made to feel very welcome and valued. I was on a half board basis and can honestly say the food was very good, some of it was very different from the food I know - which makes it all part of the experience, and I loved it! Good thing that the guys in the kitchen sometimes took their time to come out in the restaurant, talking to the guests. The security in the hotel was discrete, also a good thing since I’m not used to being in risky places and it only made us feel safe – not giving us the feeling you should look over your shoulder. My room was quite big, and very clean. Also I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony. In the evenings it was so nice and quiet out there (not facing the cozy pool area). Sun beds, beach towels, and parasols – it’s all there for you; both in the pool area and at the beach. The Red sea was so beautiful and clear and the fish were a sight to behold, snorkeling around at 7 AM was the perfect start of the days! Also the hotel’s Bedouin area was excellent, relaxing there with a nice cup of tea, the traditional shisha and some of the wonderful new friends… It’s like paradise! Traffic is crazy, be careful if you have to cross any streets. Me, I travelled alone, as I often do. No problem whatsoever! The hard working staff is extremely friendly and professional catering for all your needs, and with a lot of new friends along the boardwalk from the hotel to Naama Bay, it can’t go bad. I enjoy walking, and to me the boardwalk was just perfect. Not far at all, to walk to Naama Bay with all the shops and restaurants. Since the hotel is situated in the far end of the boardwalk, I was to enjoy it all. The hotel is quite small, very cozy and very clean. The staff really makes you feel like they’re a family – and that the guests are a part of the family! Staying here is like being with your friends and family. Even the other guests at the hotel were friendly in the same way as the staff. Also good that they played music for us in the restaurant/pool area from time to time, in music there’s love. If you’re looking for sterile, material luxury; you need to find another hotel. This one has a warm heart and soul. I totally recommend it, I'm sorry I had to go back home to Norway!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Turid_Rita

Reviewed August 25, 2010

My family spent last Christmas in this hotel. We boiugh tickets in last minute for good price. What can i say about this hotel - it is not bad but not good. Just only average at all.
Good location - in the center, not far from beach - that is all what i can say about this hotel. All other things is realy not good - small room for three persons, old furnitured, hotel realy need renovating. Food repetitive, no choice of fruits at all.... Drinks are served in plactic glasses - in pool area and lobby bar also. Waiter always rood and angry about all guests. Evening show only one time per week. In day itme no animation in this hotel. So if you are young and looking for budget hotel - it is ok, but if you are wish to get good quality of service - please choose other hotel in Shrm.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Editam
Reviewed August 1, 2010

no care..security..bad treatment

Reviewed October 5, 2009

Very, very good for the Egyptian 3* hotel. Located in the very center of Noama Bay it is perfect place for those who want to make use of Sharm's nightlife. There is 1 swimming pool and 2 restaurants. The beach is about 100 meters (you use the beach of another hotel and it's quite nice)
There are no corals in the Noama Bay so if you come for snorkling - choose another place

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dalilah_Rus
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I stayed at the Fantasia Hotel, in Sharm in 2004 and in 2006. The very reason I returned in 2006 was the low cost, and good quality food and decent accommodation for your money. However, the food quality, and the hotel in general had gone down hill rapidly. The staff even tried to charge me 5 US dollars for not returning my towel card, when in actual fact I had.
In a nut shell....Cheap / shabby / poor food / poor staff service / light bulbs blown or missing all over the place / dirty pool / room cleaner stole $4 dollars from my room.

Finally, I will never return to the Fantasia Hotel.

Stayed: March 2006
Reviewed November 9, 2007

It was much more than i could imagine. Although the hotel is 3star, there\s almost everything you need. Good food, friendly and nice personal, nice rooms, good location. I loved my stay here.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank VlnTraveller
Reviewed June 23, 2007

Stayed at Fantazia in Sharm for two weeks begining of June 2007.

Hotel is only a 3 star , so you could say 'you get what you pay for'. looking at the other hotels , it is probably the most budget and basic hotel around the area.

However, did not expect the water coming out of our tap to be brown when we arrived and first turned the tap on, the same applied to the shower water. We obviously did not drink any tap water, the brown colour of the water did go, once we let the water run.

The room itself was fine for a 3 star, we had a balcony facing the pool. Basic was fine for us..being two girls in our twenties we were out all day untill the early morning! ...we would literally just sleep and shower in our hotel, then go out!

Food...breakfast was not very nice, if your after very basic and not much a a big eater then it may be fine. Dinner was OK, but having said that we only had breakfast and dinner twice , as we found it cheap and much more varied and nicer to eat out.

I personally found that some hotel staff were not the most friendliest or attentive, unless you said 'hi' to them first., you rarely get a smile out of most of them.

On our last day a guy a reception asked abruptly for me to bring my beach towel to him from my room, being a guest it was not my job as far as im concerned! My mate had to pay £5.00 for her lost towel card, so do keep it for when you leave. They also made us get out of bed and pay for staying after 12:00 checkout, we said we will pay once we get ready, but they demanded we must go to reception and pay now.

However, our cleaner was helpful and friendly and we gave him a deserved tip.

As for the sharm itself, the location was good and we were a 10 minute walk into town, which suited us as we did not want to get cabs everyday. The town is nice especially at night when all the lights go on. However, you do get harassed by shop keepers, especially as we were two females... but experienced travellers should know how to handle it..just walk on with a friendly 'no thanks'. Also know to haggle, they will when they can over charge tourists big time!

Nightlife: not bad, there are 3/4 clubs in the town , Pacha is a very nice open air venue , there is also hard rock after 12.00 am, but majority of music palyed was house/funky house, it would be nice if there was more of a variety to cater for other music tastes.

Restaraunts: The variety of restaraunts is impressive and some are situated high up, the views are really nice at night. You also have english names like palnet hollywood and tgi fridays.

Beaches:Great for snorkeling and diving, otherwise,the sea is rocky and you have to overcome walking on rocks for some time in the water , also all the beaches were restricted by hotels , which meant they were generally quite small and restricted.

As for trips we did the walk up mount sinai overnight to see sunset when we got to the top...its 3 hours up, so may not be for everyone ..make sure you have some good shoes with you, my toe got badly blistered, but the experience was worth it in the end, to do once!
Luxor and Ciro, i recommend both, expecially Ciro ..you can't visit Egypt and not see the pyramids! We really wish we could do the Jerusalem trip, but had no time left. Cleo water park was fun.

In all was a good holiday, because we made it good. I would return one day in the future, but mainly for the reason of having family in Ciro. There are also many other diffeerent countries I intend to visit first.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank RAC54