“Good for divers”

Ranked #73 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Adelaide, Australia
“Good for divers”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Good basic accommodation for scuba divers. This is the second time we have stayed with camel - the first time was in a basic room and this time in a superior room. I would really recommend staying in a superior room. The standard/basic rooms gets noise from the road or pacha nightclub. The superior room is quieter and looks onto the pool. The diving centre is very organised and the guides are great- this is the main reason we came back. If you are planning on a pure dive holiday this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Camel has got it right , location perfect , staff cannot be faulted ,ABHAY is a top chef cooking us a classic curry which ' hit the spot' , professional staff and the dive trips were well organized , the ice cream shop is great and the rooftop bar fantastic , can't fault it

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I went on my own. Mission to gain my AOW. Only started diving four years ago at 60. Worried I would feel old, out of place and left out. Should I have gone with an over 55's group? Should I have gone back to my usual 5+ star haunt.

No way! This was one of the best holidays I've ever had.

The hotel is relaxed, charming and I made friends with engineering pretty quickly - when things go wrong, they fix it. My room was perfectly adequate. Plain and simple with soft fluffy towels, good shower, gel and soap plus tea and coffee with kettle and a little fridge where I kept milk and bottled water plus some home made muffins I brought with me as I spent 3 evenings studying hard for my course!

So I just stayed relaxed; kept a smile for the wonderful staff and appreciated all they did.

The dive centre is outstanding. What a great team. Professional, well organised and they took great care of me. From all the instructors, the office staff, the wonderful and patient dive boat staff, the captains and the cooks - it was so much fun and I met interesting, vibrant and lovely people from all over the world.

The dive boats are well equipped, safe and organised. There are ice chests full of bottled water and the on board lunch is prepared fresh every day and a real feast!

The youngest diver in our group was 14 and an aspiring marine biologist. There was such a mixture of ages and, as the "granny", I felt included and totally at home.

Remember too - you don't have to dive to enjoy Camel and all the experience of the magnificent Red Sea. Snorkellers have a marvellous time as well, benefiting from the same excellent amenities and professional guidance.

Airport meeting and transfer arrangements were excellent both on arrival and departure.

Breakfasts were nourishing, plentiful and the coffee good. Camel is bang in the middle of Na'ama Bay and the Pomodoro Restaurant right outside (Pizza and beer is Euro 12) is fabulous and there are loads of other eating places next door. The night life is fun and the discos run late so if you are a light sleeper, ear plugs work great if you want the windows open.

I gained my Advanced certificate and am planning as many return trips to Camel as my pension will allow. I met some great dive buddies and we hope to meet up again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan B
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I booked for the A.O.W. course through Camel Dive Club; the whole thing started via email with me asking a million of questions and with the with Camel Dive Club just answering them one by one. I did all my booking online; by the time I made it to Sharm I found out that everything is sorted out and I had to do is just chill and enjoy my time!
The staff at camel Dive Club were really professional, they had their own way of organizing things and also knew where to go and what exactly to do.
Safety at Camel Dive Club was dealt with seriously, they insured that everyone plays by the book but then without adding tension or fear while diving.
The boats that took us into the sea where really nice, clean and well taken care of. The crew on the boats knew all the good spots to hit and were also really helpful.
I didn't get to stay at the Camel Dive Hotel but from hanging out at the lobby area (open space area) it seemed that the hotel was well taken care of as well.
Of course no need to say anything about the scenery in the Red Sea for I've never seen anything like it; whether it was the reef of the different kinds of fish!!
Price wise I think they are a tiny little bit on the higher end, but then that wont stop me from diving with Camel Dive Club for I believe they made each and every penny made worth the experience!
Thanks a million Camel Dive Club!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RakanKh
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I got my Advanced open water licence through Camel Divers. This is the best place to be in Sharm El Sheikh because my taste bud seems to be in favor of their Indian restaurants, the bar on the top where you can meet many nice people, ice cream once you get back from the diving boat, a sandwich place that is not fake European, and a souvenior store where I do not have to haggle. I met with a few nice people while traveling with Camel dive, including the dive masters and fellow divers. An American diver was staying in Cairo, and he told us that Cairo is totally safe. So we booked a flight to Cairo via Egyptian airline, and his chauffer picked us up at the airport, took us to the hotel, picked us up next day to the pyramids, then to another pyramids, then to Egyptian museum, then to the Nile River restaurant, etc. It was all good.

Another lady I met lives in Barcelona and she took me around the town when I visited Barcelona. She told me about all restaurants I should visit, invited me to an American night and met with more interesting people, went to the beach where his friend took me on a boat to the bay. You see, this all came from me getting an advanced open water licence at Camel :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank snowsuisse
Copenhagen
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was our (my husband and I) second time stay at Camel Dive and I can only say that the experience gets better with every trip. We were greeted at the airport by our very sweet escort Bassem. He will go through hoops to make sure that you are comfortable and get past long queues easily. Always smiling and very service minded he is one of the gems of the hotel. I will therefore, definitely recommend the hotel pick and drop service since it is worth it and if you are wondering about where to eat and what to see, he is the man who knows just that and more.
Apart from a few glitches in the room, which got taken care of immediately when we brought it to the staff’s attention, the rooms are comfortable. Since I already have written a review on the hotel before, (check under the review: A convivial hotel with helpful staff, practical location and a great ambience) I will not use too much literature on it this time, except I will reiterate how lovely this little cozy hotel is and how much I am already looking forward to another stay here. In my previous review I had mentioned that their Indian restaurant Tandoori wasn’t very good, this time however, I really liked the food there. It was absolutely delicious and the chef does not spare any spice or ingredients to give it that Indian zing and richness. The very friendly and sweet staff at Tandoori do their best to make the experience even better. Kudos to you guys! The other two usual suspects, Camel Bar and Pomodoro, were as usual best places to hang out and eat at in Naama Bay.
This time we got to try Camel Dive’s diving facilities. We took the advanced open water course and a fun dive in the end. Our instructor, Rodrigo was absolutely amazing. He was thorough and very friendly, at the same time strict enough to make us take an extra dive since we performed so badly at a specialty dive and that was unacceptable to him. Knowing how many dive schools there are in the area and how many people come to learn, you would generally not expect such thoroughness. But with Camel, it is a different story. The staff , the facilities, the lounge area, their boats, their equipments all deserve an A plus. We really enjoyed diving with them and especially comparing notes, chatting up other divers and enjoying an occasional beer after each day’s dive at their diver’s lounge. We can’t wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SupremeSerendipity
North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel is small but in a great location in Naama, not beachfront but just a stones throw away; the rooms are large but need refreshing. The central pool is deep and used for diver training. The Camel is famous for its sports bar, now modernised, used to be rugby orientated but now foozball has taken over, Come back Mike. Roof bar and night life, great for people watching. it has changed a bit in the last few years, but would still stay there on occasion. Tandoori Restaurant excellent - breakfast restaurant not so good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple