“amazing”

lti Tropicana Grand Azure
Ranked #108 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed October 5, 2013

we have just returned from the best holiday of our lives (we have been on a lot).from entering the amazing lobby till our very sad departure.the staff cannot do enough for you so polite.the rooms are cleaned every day clean sheets & towels,the grounds were kept clean & tidy,the food was amazing so much to choose from,my wife is a very picky eater and she ate well every meal time.talking of my wife she did say the vodka was not that good next time she will bring her own.the pools were great you just walk into to them.when you swim up to the pool bar there was always some one to chat to and it has a good shade.the night entertament was ok enough said (they do try bless them).we stayed in the lobby at night drinking & having a good laugh.we are now counting the days down for our return.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 19139 above the recieption.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
tropicanagrandazure, Front Office Manager at lti Tropicana Grand Azure, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly let me send you the best regards from Tropicana Grand Azure Team for your great review.
We are very proud that we have fulfilled your expectations and hope to meet you in near future again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future

Lti-Tropicana Grand Azure

Write a ReviewReviews (3,030)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Returned recently (6th - 20th September) from Sharm. This is the 5th time my wife and I have enjoyed a truly superb holiday at the tropicana grand azure. Superlatives just trip from the tongue when describing this hotel and its fantastic staff. We have never stayed at a hotel and encountered such friendly and sincere people.The hotel grounds,the pools, the room, the buffet and speciality restaurants, the food, the hygene, the beach - absolutely FIRST CLASS. And last but least we would like to make a special mention to our friends, Mohammed and Mohammed, Akmed, Hamdy, Abdul, the awesome twosome Khaled and Akram, and not forgetting our Thompson rep, Haitham. OUTSTANDING.

4  Thank GARRY B
tropicanagrandazure, Front Office Manager at lti Tropicana Grand Azure, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for such a great review and it was with much pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

We are doing our best to make our guests holiday as memorable as we can.

Hopefully we will meet you once again at Grand Azure.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We travelled to Sharm el Sheikh with another couple using Thomson. I always use Thomson but it seems that the level of service onboard decreases each year. Although the staff onboard are always friendly I think it's poor not to provide any form of entertainment options on a 6 hour flight, there were also no announcements from the Captain in relation to the weather, the route we would be taking etc which I think some people like to hear. The Thomson reps at the hotel were very helpful.

Our arrival at the airport was fine, we were through immigration quickly with Thomson reps directing us to our bags and our transfers outside.

Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted by friendly reception staff and offered a cool fruit drink. We were very happy to receive a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite which meant we had two rooms, one for each couple, with a very large shared 'living room' area.

With regards to our rooms we found they were absolutely fine, very clean, no broken fixtures or fittings and a good air conditioning system. Our friends air con stopped working part way through our stay but this was quickly resolved by guest relations.

Our cleaner, I believe he was called Khalid (we were in block 5), a fantastic guy who seemed genuinely interested in ensuring our room was ok and was always pleasant to talk to, he was a good example of how the staff at the hotel generally are very friendly, we also really enjoyed his towel arrangements!

The only staff at the hotel who could be a little annoying were the entertainment team, I know some people enjoy interacting with them but they don't seem to be able to comprehend the fact that your not interested in taking part in their activities and would rather do your own thing. I'm sure if you have children they would be great. The quiet pool near the beach is supposed to be hassle free and I think the hotel should ensure guests are not bothered here.

On to the pool area, I understand some of the comments people have made with regards to how some areas look ready for a revamp, however it is not as bad as some people are making out, certainly around the quiet pool the staff ensured it was clean and tidy. We found the towel guys and bar staff around this pool were again very friendly and there didn't seem to be any expectation for tips as we handed out all our tips on the last day!

The jetty on the beach is fantastic, definitely recommended to walk to the end, get in the sea with a snorkel and you will spend a while looking at all the fantastic looking fish.

Food and restaurants - the only meal we didn't find particularly good in the buffet restaurant was breakfast. I understand it must be difficult in the the climate but the milk always seemed warm and off tasting to me, scrambled eggs were sloppy, omelettes ok. Lunch and dinner were really nice, lots on offer and great deserts! We found all food at the restaurants to be very nice, particularly the Mediterranean, a little more choice however would have been good as the menus are very limited. Alcoholic drinks....varied in quality, I think it depends on the member of staff serving it! This is likely to be the same everywhere in Egypt unless you want to pay the extra for international drinks.

We had a Turkish bath and massage in the spa, please trust the spa guys when they describe the treatments on offer, they are not exaggerating how good these treatments are, we thought the spa was fantastic and haggled and got a really good price. Definitely worth a visit, friendly and professional staff.

In summary it is likely I would return to this hotel and would recommend it it any of my friends and family, I was really impressed but to continue impressing people I think the hotel needs to ensure it maintains it's high standards with the little things that people notice and find fault with, such as the broken tiles around the pools, replacing the old sun loungers on the beach etc.

Thanks to all the hotel staff for a great holiday and I hope to return at some point in the future.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lee0907

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about us and let other people share your experience while you stayed at the Grand Azure.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our second time at this hotel and it just gets better! When we arrived we were quickly booked in and shown to our clean and spacious room, our luggage arrived within 15 minutes. Although it was late we went to the main restaurant to find they were clearing away so wouldnt be able to get food until snacks at midnight however a waiter brought a meal for my husband.Now thats what i call Service.My husband is a gym fanatic and he wasn`t dissapointed here, service and the amenities were excellent.Pool areas are clean and well maintained, along with a very friendly and helpfull bar man Ahmed who for our 2 weeks stay made sure we had a plentiful supply of drinks. Entertainment was provided by the fabulous, friendly, funfilled animation team, guys i take my hat off to you all, you work very very hard , always have a smile and give time to your guests More than i can say for your Boss he should take a leaf out of your books..A special mention for Aimee who does Crazy Darts (and is a crazy lady) who continually motivated the pool area , you are a great asset to this hotel. Danny boy a lovely person and again made us very welcome, keep on Stretching! , Gemma the Belly dancer and karaoke queen. The restaurants and waiters couldnt do enough for us,service with a smile every time. My husband and i will definately be going back to this hotel . I have recommended Tropicana Grand Azure to my friends for their holiday in October.

7  Thank MisterKevin936
tropicanagrandazure, Front Office Manager at lti Tropicana Grand Azure, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hotel, the facilities and services provided. I can assure we are doing our utmost to maintain our property and standards.

We would look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future, please contact us if ever we could be any assistance.

Sincerely and with kind regards

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This is 2nd visit to this hotel this year. We went in February for 11 days. The staff at this hotel are what makes this hotel special! From the moment we checked in tothe moment we checked out we were treated like VIPs by everyone!
I am a very fussy eater and do struggle with the buffet type meals in most egyptian hotels, not however at this hotel. The quality and choice of food is fantastic and the 4 free al a carte restaurant's are exceptional.
We were recognised by the waiter (Hamidy) from our previous visit and had full glasses every nite! Another lovely member of staff!
The hotel was very quiet with mostly british people staying.
Its an excellent hotel and good value, so much so we are booking to go back in February next year!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alanswife

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely comment, we are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again soon at Lti Tropicana Grand Azure Sharm El Sheikh.

Sincerely and with kind regards

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Second time to Tropicana and was just as fantastic. This time we decided to upgraded, which made the holiday even more enjoyable. A massive thank you to Karim in the exclusive lounge. A lovely guy and brilliant waiter. Taught us Egyptian card games and made us cocktails. Food was great a little repetitive but think this is due to the hotel being quieter than normal (due to the trouble in Egypt) room was beautiful and huge, cleaned and mini fridge restocked daily. The grounds are immaculate. Only point I would say needs improvement is the pool. The pools as a whole are amazing but could do with a little revamp. The grills around the edge need replacing and the flooring could do with being repainted.

Tropicana is the perfect hotel for anyone and everyone catering for all needs. We Will definitely make this our annual late summer week away.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading for a larger room, exclusive bar/lounge and restaurant.
1  Thank SarahH882013

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My partner booked this hotel for my birthday, he booked on the Wednesday and we left on the Friday. I didn't read any reviews or look at any pictures as I wanted the whole thing to be a surprise. I definitely wasn't disappointed. This hotel is absolutely lovely. The staff are so friendly and helpful. We have 3 children, 7, 2, & 4mths they were so good with them. Some of he entertainment staff were fab, especially Amiee, Gemma, and Danny. They adored our children and were so chatty.

The waiters made the whole restaurant sing happy birthday to me at breakfast, and our rep Alex, arranged a cake for my evening meal and for the waiters to sing again. Embarrassed most definitely!!!! But made me feel very special.

The room was cleaned immaculately everyday, when you finished your drink the waiters were almost ready to give you another. A tip goes a long way in Egypt.

The food was lovely, we'd heard a few holidaymakers moaning about certain things but we couldn't fault it, if you want English food don't go to a foreign country. The mayo won't be Hellmans, and the cheese won't be cheddar.

The hotel has a few tatty areas, but I've heard they plan to start in May!

I was a little annoyed when we first arrived. The bus driver demanded a £1 tip per person which I found pretty rude.

Don't let the civil unrest in Cairo put you off Sharm, it's a beautiful place with hot sunshine. If there was a bombing in London you wouldn't avoid the whole of the UK.

Room Tip: The family room we had was very spacious, it was nice to be able to close the door to their room so...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family