Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Al Bostan Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Albostan Park Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Gafy Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Oonas Dive Club Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Beach Resort & Casino(Sharm El Sheikh)
2,266 results
All reviewsmountain sidenaama bayanimation teampool barbreakfast and dinnerhalf boardspecial thanksgreat holidaygarden viewprivate beachon a daily basisitalian restaurantbig thanksadamsharmsouislam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We decided to have a week away to relax from our busy work life, we had been to Sharm El Sheikh back in 2003 and enjoyed the resort but decided to pay that little extra to upgrade to a better hotel this time round. We decided to book in to the Marriott Sharm El Sheikh Beach Resort as I have stayed at many Marriott hotels in the UK on business and have been very happy with the level of standard the hotels.

We arrived at the hotel and the bell boy took our luggage from the transfer into the hotel whilst we checked in, check in was very smooth and painless and we were soon on our way to our hotel room. The hotel lobby was quite grand with a full flowing waterfall within the lobby leading down to the restaurants, there was also a Piano bar with what seemed to be a mini grand in the center of the room where we eventually started our evening off there for a quick pre dinner drink.

The bell boy showed us to our room with our luggage. On entering the hotel room first impressions were ok seamed very clean. once we had unpacked and had time to sit we started to notice that the rooms them selfs were looking a bit tired, Tile work was cracked, wardrobes were old and tired, when you turned the tap on at the wash basin in the bathroom the tap leaked all over the work surface therefore wetting all the bathroom items we had brought from the UK. We though not the worst hotel room we had had the pleasure of staying in.

The resort of Sharm el Sheikh its self is very clean and well taken care of, we had a pleasant 10 min slow walk from our hotel to the resort center of Naama Bay each evening. (ok for people who are not so stable on their feet). Along the way there a copious amounts of places to eat from italian to chinese. We had the pleasure of eating at a number of these restaurants, We had a lovely chinese meal at the chinese situated next to the Gazhala Beach Hotel, reasonably priced, and pleasant staff. One of the best meals we had was at a lebanese restaurant called "Fireuz" http://www.fairuzrestaurant.co.uk the meal, the food, the restaurant & the staff were great once again a reasonably priced. One Restaurant we ate on our last night was a beach BBQ at the hotel Jolle Ville, Not great the food was edible but was amazed when the bill came over probably the most expensive meal I have ever had outside the UK nearly £90 stirling for 1 x 3 course meal and 1 x two course meal including 1 x small glass of wine, 1 Bottle of Sakara (local Beer) & 1 x 1lt bottle of water. After all it was a buffet style meal but unlike buffet meals in the UK this was not an "all you can eat".

We attended the welcome meeting with the tour rep from Thomas cook, you could tell she was only new to the role, as her welcome speach was a bit disjointed, she did however explain things quite well, the only problem with the excursions on offer was the price OMG how expensive, we fancied going to Cairo to see the pyramids etc that was until we were given the price £210 per person for 1 day, needless to say we did not go on any trips its not that I am not prepared to pay for trips but I do not like having my eyes ripped out. We later in the week had to meet our rep to find out what time the airport transfers would come to the hotel to take us back to the airport for our return journey home, she showed us where to find this information and stated that the coach would pick us up at between 13:10 & 13:40 but we needed to be there 15 min's prior to our time.

On the day of our departure we vacated our hotel room by 12 noon and went and had some lunch ready to get picked up at 13:10, we then sat in the lobby of the hotel and waited and waited and waited, until I thought I would check the times again and they had changed and no one had informed us so we sat for 2 hours (I was not very pleased)

One other problem was the hotel shower, there was no pressure so when we went for a shower the water trickled out not great after a heavy day relaxing by the pool. The pool was very clean the temperature was approx. 27oC and the air temperature was 34oC

The return flight took off on time which was a surprise, the plane however was terrible, I am 6 foot and I spent 6 hours sat in the center of 3 seats unable to move my legs, I am disgusted at the tour operators, I would have thought that in todays climate the least they could do would be at least some decent leg room so as to minimize the possibility of DVT, I have travelled around the world and found this flight so uncomfortable, so much so it may have put me off flying.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank weatherhead
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Stayed in the marriott beach resort from 16-23 April with my boyfriend and we were there for a week. Apartments were perfect- spacious, TV with loads of great films on every day and night all english with foreign subtitles. Apartments cleaned every day with towel changed everyday. Balcony over looking the gardens at the back. No complaints at all.

We stayed on a B&B Basis and i was delighted we didnt do the half board or all inclusive as we had more options for dining out. The breakfast was a wide variety from your cereals of coco pops frosties etc , porridge, beans, bolied/fried eggs and beef or veal sausages, pancakes, fresh fruit and salad options also as well as mini cakes and croissants to have with your tea and coffee. It was the same thing more or less every day but with such a variety you couldnt really ask for more!

The pool is amazing, cleaned every night and its huge you really have loads of space to swim or splash around and a kids pool also. The sun beds are quite plentiful but if you tip the guy on towel duty ( you get free towels or you sunbed every day) he will keep you a sun bed if you have slept in too late.

The hotel itself is an excellent location in Naama bay. Its right on the promenade to walk along right into the shops and stalls. Its one of the first hotels on the promenade therefore although your right in the centre your away from the noisy bars or whatever. The restaurants are all along the promenade so if you are B&B Basis you wont have far to walk for some lunch or dinner. The chinese is amazing there its called Kookai altho my boyfriend wasnt too keen on the duck.. also the valentino restaurant. There fish/ chicken and steak are amazing and huge you really would be stuffed! Mexican steak dish is a definite must!!

Loads to see and do in Sharm itself. We went to the welcome meeting on our first day and the rep wasnt great for info but we had done research ourselves thankfully. If doing any excursions book with sharm excursions!! do not book with the rep they are a complete rip off!! the rep wanted €237 p.p for the day trip to cairo by plane and we booked with sharm excursions for €180 p.p same with all the other excursions so dont be fooled! the scuba diving is a must! you get right down beside all the amazing fish it really is amazing. For anyone interested in going snorkelling i would advise yee to just buy a snorkel mash over there and go out on the beach about 15-20 meters out is far enough. You see just as much fish out on the beach as you do when you go on the boat trips!! Also the boat trip takes up your whole day. There's only so many hours you can spend doing the same thing.

When buying make sure you haggle till the very end. they expect you to haggle and therefore they start off the price maybe €30 or €40 more than the actual price. The currency is easy to get used to after about a day or so. 700 EGP (EGYPTIAN POUNDS) IS 100 EURO. so 100 EGP is roughly 14euro give or take a few cent!! Also the guys working in the shops and stalls do this to make a living so you do get a lot of hassle to come into their shop. If you just pleasantly smile and say no thank you they will leave you alone. Manners goes a long way if you are rude they will be rude.

I think that more or less sums up my holiday in sharm as you can see i had a brilliant time and will definitely return!! I hope this review is helpful to you.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mags-86
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We have recently went to Mariott Beach at sharm el sheikh to spend our easter vacation.
We are a family of four with two girls of 5 and 7.
It is barely a Five stars Hotel the furniture is worn out the rooms are a little bit old.
The service is fast but not to reliable.
The Staff compensate for there ineptness and unprofessionalism by a wonderful kindness and a sense of humility.
They can practically take everything angry customers can dish out to them.
The diving and swimming experiences are awesome.
The food is less than average, and this out of the finest restaurants.
I don’t recommend that anyone would eat out of any restaurant.
The morning breakfast is average and monotone.
If you are in Sharm el Sheikh for the food I would not recommend that you go there in the first place.
But if you are for the scenery the egotisms and the adventure, this is definitely your destination.
Go TO : Pasha // Little Bhuda as night clubs
GO TO : Tandouri Indian restaurant (camel Hotel) for food //Dananir and Fares for see food.
A stroll upon the special road between the hotels at night is a stress relief in it’s own.
Almost all the hotel have First line positioning (on the beach ) and second line (on the desert) and all are separated by a busy Road.
Try to get the first line Hotel (on the beach) to avoid crossing the road each time especially if you are a family.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ionat73
Reviewed April 19, 2009

First the good part, the hotel has a nice pool and very very nice beach. I saw more fish in the hotel beach than I did on my snorkel trip Ras Mohamed. The rooms are very nice size and pretty clean. Hotel location is also excellent and you can walk to Naama Bay in a few minutes.

My main complaint with the hotel is the less than stellar service. When I asked them for advice on where to eat, I was pointed to what seemed like the most expensive restaurant in town. They were also not very knowledgeable about tours and options, I was so frustrated, I walked over to the Hilton nearby and met a travel agent there to arrange my excursion.

When I checked into my room, my phone did not work, my TV remote was not functioning, and water from my shower was brown. The phone and TV remote issues were fixed the next day, I do not know whether the brown water problem was fixed or just went away.

Breakfast in the hotel was okay, nothing stellar. I would say there is nothing seriously wrong with this hotel its just more of a 3 star hotel, maybe 3.5 stars. My expectations for 5 stars are a little higher.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Middle_Aged_Guy
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I just came back from Sharm 2 days ago (April 4th-April 8th) with my wife and 2 kids. The hotel was good and the rooms are nice. They also have a nice pool for kids. The overall experience was good , the only thing is the food. We had dinner at the main restaurants during the whole stay cause we had that included as part of the package and we did order a couple of times lunch at the pool. Overall, we were not impressed with the food quality and taste and this was acutely the feedback from other guest at the hotels that we have encountered. J. Suboh

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family