“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort
Ranked #36 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

The position to the beach and Naama make this hotel special. It's a 5-10 minute walk along the promenade to get to the main high street with all its shops, bars and restaurants.

The hotel had chalets which mean everyone gets a garden section with chairs to sit outside. It's all single storey except around 5 rooms near the pool.

The rooms are very traditional Hilton with all the freebies you get in the UK. The bathroom was clean but tired - the only negative I could find.

The massive beach for use of hotel patrons is lovely and sandy. Shallow waters are warm and safe for kids.

Breakfast was really high standard. It was well managed and the food was fresh.

The grounds are lovely, well kept with paths weaving in between the chalets linking the pools and the beach.

The staff were very friendly. I recommend the Pirates Bar. Cheap beer prices and large portions of good quality food.

I'd definitely come here again. Brilliant base for seeing Naama, good range of restaurants on site, beach and pool relatively quiet. No problem getting a sun lounger even later in the day. The small shopping area linked to the hotel is very good value with the souvenirs bring cheaper there than in town.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank mi1by
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear mi 1by ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor , we are very glad to read that you will come back and visit our property again , your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential , we are so glad to read your satisfaction with the service rendered and staff freindleness the property landscape and walkways andhotel central location in the heart of the city and the hotel large private beach , kindly note that we are currently in the process of running some refurbishments to enhance our standards to reach your satisfaction.

We all are waiting for your next visit to your second home , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

For/ Gilaine Guirguis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Used this as our base while we did some diving.Great location on the beach,with all the extras you come to expect from the Hilton chain.The staff fall over themselves to help you in any way they can.I have nothing but praise for how clean everything was,our room was spotless The resturant and bar service was first class.Could not have picked a better location or hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MJHDIVE
Dear MJHDIVE ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor.

It was our great pleasure to welcome you at our property , thank you very much for your positive comments about the property and staff service and treatment ,your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Kindly note that I will share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

We all are waiting for your next visit in the soonest future to your second home , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

just come back from staying 10 Oct-20 Oct. The best time ever!! I travelled with 2 year old with special dietary requirements. We run out of Neocate in teh middle of holidays and guess whatit was delivered to us from Cairo pharmacy within 1 hour for $30, no additional cost, no prescription. the same Neocate as in London. Staff in the hotel is so so good and caring. they cooked a special soup for the baby and really cared every day how your stay was. also they've got the sandy beach and when you enter the sea is pure sand. so good and comfortable especially when you have a child swimming and playing with the sand. the rooms are clean and tidy and the attitude of the personal is really welcoming. also the weather this time of the year is fantastic it's 36 degreec but not burning hot and the water is 29 degrees. unforgetable experience. i wish i'll be back now. we will definitely go tehre again. by the way when we've made friends with other hotel visitors 60% of them are coming to this hotel over the 9 years. it tells you smth, right?

Room Tip: any room is fantastic. Ahmed Monrad at reception is really helpful for allocating the room for your...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank skodnitsa
Dear skodnitsa,

Please be sure that we are always available for you and your family to make your stay unforgettable , we were very glad to assist you and your baby , your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I would like to thank you for your positive holiday feedback and your satisfaction with the staff service , buffet varaiety and hotel sandy large beach

Copenhagen, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Family of 4 just returned from 1 week at this hotel. We have been here 5 times. All other times we have been placed in the room at first floor by the pool. This time in bongalows, which was definitely not a pleasure. The rooms are very worn and used. It was crawling with ants crawling on the floor and up in the toilet and there was an extreme noise music from the restaurants on the beach half the night, so it was hard to sleep. But the staff is extremely friendly and service-minded as ever. Breakfast-buffeen was reduced from last time we were here, but with a selection that was acceptable. I hope that next time we get a better experience of hotel rooms, that are not category 4, but rather a category 3. The beach is fantastic with beautiful coral reefs.We still love this hotel, which absolutely has the best location in Nama Bay, and the sweetest staff, but next time we hope to get rooms in the building with the first floor by the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the pool, if you dont like noice from music in the night
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Anette_Denmark_12 ,

Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed there at the beginning of September as our first trip to Egypt, and BOY we were right to choose this hotel. Our main criteria while choosing was a big and nice beach, lot's of greens, sandy beach but also with coral reefs, good food (AI was not a must) and close to center. And we got it all. We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel, and that is something I would recommend.
The beach
The beach is for sure the biggest and most beautiful in the area, if not in all Sharm. Lot's of palm trees and lot's of space between sunbeds, scattered around and not arranged in a military style. The salesmen are not allowed to get near the guests thanks to the guard, of course except the hotel facility staff, but they come to introduce them self's and after that you are left alone. Perfect! There is also a beautiful playground for children and volleyball/small soccer field for adults. The food and drinks are available from the beach bar and restaurant and they are delivered right to your sunbed. The beach staff is more than helpful in any way you can Imagine, starting with the guard who is always there to welcome you, to the guts who take care that you always have towels and to keep the beach clean.
The hotel grounds
It is like a big botanical garden - everything is green, freshly watered, lots of flowers and palm trees, pathways... It is such a great feeling to wake up in a surrounding like that. All the bungalows are scattered around and every one has a terrace looking out to the garden, and still you have your privacy.
The room
We were in room 405, and it was very very nice and cousy. YES THE STAFF KNOWS that the furniture needs updating so no need to point that out to them, and they are doing a great job keeping the rooms clean. Clean sheets and towels were waiting for us every day (the flower petals on the bed and in the bathroom were a nice touch), and the rooms are also vacuum cleaned every day. There is a mini bar in the room, complementary tea and coffee, TV (with fantastic English-spoken channels - excellent movie program I must notice), sitting area, nice big bathroom with hot water and air conditioning. As so many before - I also must notice that the Internet is very expensive in the rooms.
The food
In one word - EXCELLENT. The breakfast is something you must have at any cost. Never had so good orange juice (and also i must compliment the strawberry juice) :) There is something for everyone, starting from a nice variety of white cheese, eggs how ever you like them, pastries, toasts, beans, salads, sweets, fruits, muesli, jams, honey, pancakes..you name it they probably have it. And if they don't - there is a nice touch that they ask every guest is there anything that is missing, so they could include it in the offer.
The staff
I can say with confident that we felt very welcomed there :) I must pinpoint Ossama - one of the kitchen staff members - and adorable boy with such a huge smile every day and so helpful - he made our stay so much nicer. Moustafa who made sure I had orange juice in my glass all the time (thank you thank you thank you!), the girl by the restaurant door (sorry, i forgot her name) who noticed every time if we missed dinner and all the others who made our time there unforgettable. The staff in the reception was also excellent. They arranged a taxi for us so we are not ripped off, and they also dealed with a million questions I had for them - I got an answer on every single one of them :) On the day we were leaving, since our bus was coming very late for us, they also arranged a shower and luggage keeping during the day. Thank you :)

Any way - our first visit to Egypt could not be better. We will definitely come back and hope to see our dear friends again :)

Room Tip: the rooms by the havana bar can be a bit noisy sometimes
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Conica
Dear Conica ,

I am so glad to read your holiday feedback about your stay at our property, I am pleased to read your satisfaction with the service rendered , I am very pleased that you were satisfied with your room 405 and its facilities , the hotel private large beach and its kids play ground and activities , the property landscape and the staff service in Wadi Restaurant . and also glad to know about your satisfaction with the breakfast buffet . I would like to advise your good-self that We are currently in the process of running some refurbishments to enhance our standards to reach your satisfaction.

kindly note that I will share your feedback with our departments heads and team members as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My room was excellent. Stocked minibar that worked. Hot water. BATH, what a bonus for a soak after a days diving. A/C is very efficient. Room was always kept very clean, including the bed decorations!! Lo and behold a TV with a range of English programmes, a bonus. Due to my diving i.e. leaving early and coming back after dark I did not get to use some of the facilities such as pool bars, pool itself or even the beach. I had a couple of minor issues over the food, but I stress they were minor.
All the staff were very, very friendly and attentive.
Sadly for my wife who was not with me as she is a "dive widow", I am already planning my return visit next spring. Yes I will be going back.
Overall as the majority of the rooms are in the cottage style, i.e. all single storey, no noise from above.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank peterrussellsmith
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear peterrussellsmith ,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you at our property , thank you very much for your positive comments about the property and staff service and treatment , we are glad that you enjoyed your diveing time and like the room decoration and facilities , your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

We all are waiting for your next visit to your second home in the next spring , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Soham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

You couldn't find a fault! The service is one of the best we've ever experienced. All staff smiling and there was nothing too difficult for them to make you happy. They go the extra mile in all respect. We couldn't believe the housekeeping can be so consistent in making that flower arrangement every single day - and here I'm talking about something so unique which is the adornment of the bed with tiny flowers and leaves in various forms and patterns. Thenak you one more time, Nagah - our precious housekeeper. They all deserve tips so be generous with every occasion. Yasser - the ommelette guy at breakfast - together with Hany who made sure my dates muffins were baked before I left the table were simply great. Moustafa the orange juice guy who would pop up by your table to refill the orange juice glass or coffee cup as soon as you emptied was always doing it with a smile you couldnt resist. I am working in the restaurants as well, but I've never encountered yet such a big team all smiling and being ready to wow you without putting too much effort in it. The gardens and the beach were just perfect. Fish was swimming all around you before you know it. I've never done snorkeling, but the experience is amazing. I did diveing too, but snorkeling is more than enough. We had just breakfast included, the pastries they do every day have no equal. I simply ate a full plate of them every day. We had just bed and breakfast and for dinner we strongly recommend the Chinese and japanese restaurant - the one in red and black colours very close to the hotel - has amazing food, who likes sizzling and other dishes - simply irresistable. The last day I ate the seabass at the novotel italian restuarnat right on the beach, if you like fish you shouldn't miss it. A bit expensive the place but it worth dining there as it's really beautiful and the service is great and the food very tasty. Make sure you dont get fooled at the airport and pay more than 100 EP for the ride to Naama Bay. They tried to get us rippe of 250 EP but we didnt give up until we found the right driver who accepted 100 EP. When you take it back to the airport don't pay them more than 60. We'll definitley go back one day although the heat was the only aspec t of the holiday that made us feel not entirely confortable. But that had nothing to do with the general atmosphere which was simply unforgetable.

Room Tip: Do not necesarrily go for rooms with pool view or sea veiw as pool view can be noisy and sea view al...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marian S
Dear Marian S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor, your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

It was great to read your holiday feedback, I am real pleased that you enjoyed your holiday at Hilton Fayrouz and Sharm El Sheikh in general, also very proud and honoured that you were very satisfied with our service and liked breakfast and dinner buffet , specially our staff service during the breakfast ( Chef Yasser , Chef Hany and Mustafa and you room attaned Nagah ,my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction .

Defenitily we will be more than happy and honored to welcome you again , we are waiting for your next visit to your second home , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.