“Hotel and Diving”

Ranked #67 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Hotel and Diving”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been to Sharm many times but the last time was a few years ago. I was keen to go diving but on this trip was accompanied by my wife who does not dive and is fairly nervous of the water.
The accommodation was pretty good and the Hilton staff could not do enough to make sure you were enjoying yourself.
The Christmas Gala dinner was a credit to the staff with the effort they put in to transform the lobby of the hotel was astounding. It was incredible to see.
I have dived many times in Sharm but decided to give the Hilton Dive centre a try. As it been a few years since I dived and they suggested a Scuba review. They use SINI rather than PADI. Although similar there are additional skills which they incorporate e.g. disconnecting the inflation hose on the BCD if it becomes faulty, launching an SMB which were not covered when I did my PADI courses in Sharm. I thought this was good practise.
The SINI is run by some Italians but like the Hilton they could not do enough to accommodate either my wife or myself. Whilst safety was paramount they also wanted to make sure we had a relaxed and enjoyable time. My wife came on the boat trips and enjoyed the atmosphere and food as did I. I would not hesitate to recommend Franco, Mohammed, Georgio and the SINI team.
We had a very relaxed and enjoyable holiday. Thanks to the Hilton and SINI.
The Hilton was very kid friendly with super support for all kid ages.

Room Tip: The SINI have their own dedicated rooms and restaurant which are worth trying if you are diving.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris O
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Cluster General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hilton Dreams Resort is an excellent family hotel. we were 30 from 6months to 82year old. The staff were excellent and friendly. the food was good. The Sous Chef Waleed went out of his way to have dishes prepared for us as majority were strict vegetarians.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on Boxing Day as two families with 3 children under 10 years. First impressions the rooms need updating look very tired not what we were expecting from Hilton Worldwide resort. Wifi only available if purchased no area in Reception for Free wifi as per other hotels we have stayed in. The pool area staff Ahmed the towel man & Salah the bar/pool food & beverage waiter were both very attentive and polite. Being all inclusive meals are very limited & breakfast the same everyday for the week we were there, lunch menu changed occasionally with Koftas or chicken, The lunch was actually better than the the evening meals. We were given vouchers for the Mexican which the service was not as good as the main restaurant, the Lebanese however both food & service fantastic. Our other thoughts that ice creams should be served all day for the kids not just between 1&4pm also can only have a soft drink after 10am which if you have kids is quite late when they are in the pool first thing. In all we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would go back but Hilton needs to spend a bit of money on updating rooms & Wifi.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Glennyfer
Dear Guest,

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world, this is essential.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort in the soonest future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Two people staying for two weeks over the Christmas & new year period. Father & son.
First impressions of the hotel on the first couple of days we arrived, it did seem to be pretty quiet and not alot atall going on around the hotel as for events or even music being played around the pool area. As the holiday went on and more people did start to arrive I would say this changed a little to depending how many people are in the hotel.
For the standard of food I have been to Egypt many times now and I roughly know that all the food served in Egypt is the same near enough, never expect top class food from this country, But every day in the dinner hall, breakfast, lunch & dinner were all the same. same food to be chosen from never a lot of choice, only maybe sometimes they would have one different kind of meat to choose from. & if your wanting to get in touch with people back home you will either, find yourself buying an Egyptian sim card or have to PAY for wifi in the hotel. As i have been to other hotels in Egypt apart from the Hilton, all other hotels I have been in the wifi is free to use when and as you like in one main area. but for the first couple of days I paid for this service and I realised it was cost a fair bit just for wifi as you have to use the whole time you buy in one sitting, so after these couple of days I ventured out of the hotel and came across many cafes and restaurants with free wifi so we had to leave the hotel and find a cafe to use there wifi which also meant, buying an item to stay in this cafe to use their wifi.
As for the cleanliness of the hotel rooms were great and well looked after & always noticed bar areas & pool areas where drinks have been given or left around they always tided up and make sure the area was clear, but as for getting served drinks when sun bathing, this will only happen if you ask or call someone over but most of the time you will find yourself going to the bar and getting your own, yes maybe a little to needy but in other hotels this was not something you had to ask for it was there when ever you need this service.
& if your staying in Hilton dreams (fully inclusive) and want to adventure to the other side down to the beach for the day, I would advise you to take money! because if you are wanting maybe something to drink down there for even a quick bite to eat, anything on the beach area has to be PAID for. They do not include any food or drink on the beach area within your fully inclusive stay.
& one of my last but not least points, The animation team are great! We met some really great people there and animation made a big part of our holiday, during the day they have a lot of activity's happening down the beach area and the kids area in the hotel, but during the night they have an outside entertainment event which attracts alot of people to it and seems to get most of the hotel all together. but even when they are not doing any activity's or busy with practising, they will be getting friendly with everyone & trying to get people to interact with any up coming events or try to get people to join in. So a big thanks to Rina, Dima & Jody of the animation team they stood out for us & made a difference to our holiday.
& if your wanting to drink any time after 12pm then either look at paying for your drinks on the bar or going out to the local bars and cafes.
But a little note for anyone if they are going to this hotel, DO NOT keep your key card next to your phone as they interferer, so when you arrive back at your room very late and your room is right at the top and reception is all the way down the bottom & you go to try and get in your room and it doesn't work, this happened a few times before we actually got told about it so just a quick heads up!

Room Tip: when we first arrived we got put into a room and the balcony was looking into a tree, so we said we...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed for a week got there on xmas eve we had 2 young children & an infant our 1st day was a complete nitemare the mini bus driver on way 2 the hotel from airport opened his auto matic doors with a button besides him without checking if it was clear my 5 year old son was trapped in it as it opened he needed medical assistence but the manager & the staff @ hilton were supererb a Dr was called as soon as he was treated well,our villa was single storoge so no staires which was Fantastic as we had 15 mnth in a buggy the food the drinks wer availble throughout the day the kids neva got bored rooms wer spacious & clean just a little dated could do we upgrading bath facilities

• Stayed December 2013

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hilton Sharm Dreams Hotel was me and my family's home for Christmas & New Year 2013.
Had a fantastic holiday thanks to all the staff at Hilton Dreams they really are amazing people they cant do enough for you.
The Catering staff on New Years put on the nicest food iv'e ever seen and they worked so hard,
best party ever.
Animation Team were great.
I recommend this Hotel to every one.
A big Thank you to all at Hilton Dreams. Mack Family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we've been to this hotel and there are still some good reasons to visit:
The staff are very helpful
The location is good, near the benchmark, Nama Bay and the Water Park
It's really good value especially if you are booking on Hilton Points

However:
This is turning into a resort based on all inclusive board and we found it difficult to get al la carte service. The pool bar didn't seem to be able to serve from a menu, and room service took well over 90 mins one lunchtime.
Furthermore, if you ask for drinks you have to be careful you don't get cheap brands and then pay for the expensive ones.

There are a few more issues for this hotel to sort out.

It's ageing and looking tired
The gym is poor and the spa, whilst treatments are good, is ageing too
Internet is not free anywhere

In summary, don't pay full price to go there. If you can get a deal (eg 4250 points a night a room including free breakfast) it is probably going to tip the balance for you and persuade you to book. As a hilton honours gold member you get upgraded breakfast to a more exclusive facility too.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family