“Fantastic Hotel and Holiday”

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
Ranked #66 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel and Holiday”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Dreams for our honeymoon 08/10/12 - 27/10/12. After a 20 night stay I can say we have had a fabulous time.

We feel that many of the negative reviews on this site are very unfair and we hope that our review is helpful for future travellers

We were welcomed by all the staff including a cake upon arrival in our room for me and my wife.
We stayed All-inclusive for 2 weeks and because we enjoyed so much we decide to extend another week and could have easily stayed longer as didn't want it to end.

The food was good, always something to eat. Snacks in the day were really good.
Staff were so friendly, working so hard with long hours, wanting to help all the time.

Our room was in excellent location, Thanks to Mr Yasser Kamel ( Front office Manager ) and Mr Ahmed Hassan ( Asst Front office Manager ) who really looked after us as once they got to know that we are coming for a honey moon, they upgrade us to pool view room close to the lobby and reception and they were checked with us on a daily basis if everything good and if we require any assistance, frankly speaking I personally think that Mr Yasser and Mr Ahmed are Credit to Hilton Sharm dreams Staff.

Also especially thank you to Mr Kareem at reception, he was really professional.

As we were fully inclusive guests we were treated to an amazing variety of dishes to suit all tastes in the Jardin Restaurant - fish cooked several ways, meats cooked fresh, multitude of vegetables and pastas, plus the mouthwatering cakes and desserts - couldn't fail to please the hardest taste guests.

Housekeeping was great. The room was cleaned very well daily and once we came back to find flowers on the bed. The room was comfortable and had a great view of flowers and a swimming pool

I feel Hilton sharm dreams staff made our honey moon unforgettable as they exceed our expectation.

Looking forward to going back next year, for us it really is home from home except we get totally spoilt

Highly recommended!

Ayman & Heba

2 Thank Ayman E
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write this detailed piece of information, which gives an overview to our future guests and consequently help them choose our property.

It was really a pleasure having you with us and we are honoured to know that you are planning to give us the chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

It is the commitment from all the team to exert our utmost efforts to make your stays with us memorable and enjoyable.

Magdy Metwally

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Barry, South Wales
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I can't believe anyone would speak badly about Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort!!

We have vacationed there three times, as a couple and twice more with friends! The resort is perfectly located on opposite side of the road from the beach, which is a bonus as it reduces the sound of a multitude of people walking past or even through your resort of the evening time.

The Hilton Sharm Dreams is just a few doors down from one of the many Diving Schools, just across the road from the beach, and has approximately seven swimming pools on it;s own site, creating an absolute 'Haven' so you can choose between the large family pool or the more quite intimate pools.

The very short walk into the main centre of Sharm where the restaurants, shops and markets are located are most enjoyable in the evening. No need to pay for taxis as it only take 10m - 15 minutes and you are not worrying about the time for your last courtesy bus back to some of the resorts, which state they are in Sharm but actually are a considerable distance from the main centre.

The first time we visited we thoroughly enjoyed the Tex Mex restaurant on site, who once my husband requested to order a birthday cake as a surprise for me, went completely out of their way to reserve and decorate a table for us for the occassion - such lovely thoughtful touch that is shown by all the staff of the Hilton Sharm Dreams.

The evening buffet restaurant serves a wide range of foods, and I am sure everyone can find something to suit their taste.

As for midday, if you are choosing to soak up the sun around one of the many pools, why even venture from your sunbed - order a refreshing cooler from the swim-up bar, and choose from the range of midday snacks - relax, unwind and enjoy when the food is delivered directly to your sun lounger! After a afternoon swim, strech your muscles when the masseur appears in the poolside tent. (Don't worry, femal masseurse are called for ladies.)

The Hotel will arrange to pick you up at the airport if you call them and book in advance (fees are payable for this service), which we did not realise until after our first visit. I would highly recommend this, as it save's you haggling with taxi drivers, especially after you have just arrived off your flight and just want to get to your hotel.

All the staff are wonderful, even the cleaners (all male) are most courteous and always smiling. On our third visit, we were with a friend who resemble's my husband - whilst my husband had returned to our apartment for a moment, it was so funny to see Sayed walk around the pool area we were at, and take a double look, uncertain if he new us or not. Once my husband returned, there was no doubt that Sayed had remembered us from our very first visit some three years previous. Just an example of how this hotel values all it's customer's and has many return visitors.

We are returning again on 11th May 2013 we our daughter, and I just can't wait..........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hooperville
Dear guest,

First, I would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort and for taking the time and effort to send your review on trip advisor.

We are delighted to read that your stay in general was up to your expectations and that you are planning to visit us once again, therefore, it will be our pleasure to know your previous booking details and your room number in order to make the necessary arrangements by your next visit.

The entire team at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort are looking forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Scotland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort from 24 Oct to 1 Nov 2012. Our 5th trip to Sharm El Sheikh. First time staying at this hotel. Nice rooms, nice pools but found the downfall was the food. Don't cater enough for the British people but not many british was in the hotel when we were there. The food was very repetitive - same things every night and felt they focussed on their cakes and pastries rather than meals. If there is anything that is not in the restaurant that you would like to eat then just ask and they will bring whatever you want. The Tex Mex Restaurant was lovely - in fact we went there twice. The staff make this hotel - especially Ahmed Tawnik (Bars Manager) and his staff. He certainly could not do enough for us and his staff are very polite and friendly and nothing is any trouble for them everything is their pleasure which was nice - these guys work long hours and are still smiling after 12 hour shifts 7 days a week!!

Would like to say that I would go back to this hotel as long as the price was right and more choice of food for the british people.

We all go on holiday for the sunshine and that is definitely what you get in Sharm El Sheikh!!

Room Tip: We had a room further away from the main pool but quite a lot of stairs to climb so not suitable if...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just returned from this hotel yesterday, and am I glad to be home. Check in was good and quick although you couldn't get a room any further from main building, where you have to go for meals it is about half a mile walk and when you get there it definitely is not worth the bother. Food is cold and not a lot to choose from breakfast was ok you can't go wrong with cornflakes if you can get a bowl that is? Someone said the bread is lovely and thank goodness it is as that is mostly what I ate my husband can usually eat anything but even he struggled. Room was like a chalet at Butlins The kettle had to be changed as it was full of rust, so was the cooker, who goes to a 5* hotel and has a cooker in the room, very outdated but clean. Resort area is nice but I noticed there was no toilets at any pool you had to stay at a pool near your room so you could go to toilet you can guess how many do go as I saw people sitting there all day. The pool was not clean lots of Beatles and fly's floating on top and the water was not clear probably due to lack of toilets. I went into pool for a few days but me and my husband had diarrhea for 2 days and we had to go to chemist for tablets which cost £13 I don't know if it was the pool or something else. We were alinclusive and a few people complained about only getting wine with meals and there was no ice cream at lunch or dinner. I could go on but I am so disappointed after spending all that money I have been to Egypt 6 times and I know what to expect but I would never go to another Hilton. Royal grand azure is the best hotel in sharm definitely 5*

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room near main building as it is a long walk.
Dear Guest,

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world, this is essential.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort in the soonest future.

Swansea County, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Dreams from October 18 - 26 October 2012.
This was our first time at this hotel and thought it was great (we have stayed in about 8 other hotels over the years), Yes it is about a 5 min walk through the Fayrouz hotel across the road to the beach and about a 15 min stroll to the shopping area bars and restaurants. The hotel was very clean even though it does need a little updating like tiles need replacing it was of very good standard. the staff were friendly and the rooms cleaned every day. We thought the food was good but many people complained about it, I am not sure what they were expecting of egypt. Choice of beef, chicken and fish every night also a variety of salads, potatoes and vegetables, , the first night we were there was also Lamb, we did eat out a couple of times but that was not due to the hotel food. The hotel is quite big with about 9 pools, 1 main pool and the others were quite small quiet pools so you did not have to listen to the loud music all day at the main pool., we enjoyed it though.
We had a lovely relaxing week and will probably go back to this hotel if the price is right.

Room Tip: Try to get close to the rmain pool as it is a large complex, especially if you have walking difficul...
2 Thank Helen H
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

returned home on 11th of oct this was the first time staying at the hotel and had a most enjoyable time the hotel is not as run down and dated as other reviews have said the rooms were cleaned every day by polite house keeping staff our bar man at our pool was mohamed at the waterfalls bar at the tropical pool a very polite and friendly man mahmoud was our towel guy and was also great this was the first time in egypt for my mum who loved it all no problems at this hotel the breakfast was ample with plenty of choice with free tea coffee and water in the room overall great staff and hotel ! oh and the gardeners work very hard to keep it so nice we are looking at going back next year thanks hilton sharm dreams

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank paul m
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was really a pleasure having you with us and we are honoured to know that you are planning to give us the chance to welcome you back next year.

Cairo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hilton dreams villas for 5 days during our honeymoon. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. First of all, Hilton dreams shared the beach with Hilton fayrouz and u had to walk all the way there to have access to the beach which was very unclean and crowded. After one visit to the beach we decided to stick to the pool near our villa and it was ok at first until we saw a man taking his son who's wearing DIAPERS inside the pool.

Non of the staff at the tropical pool bar had anything to say about what was happening. I went and looked for the towel guy (who is never there by the way) When I finally found him, I alerted him to the problem. The disgusting pool problems did not stop there, however.

The next day i was shocked to see 2 little girls washing their t shirts in the pool, then hanging them to dry on the pool edge. This happened shortly after a little boy dipped his dirty flip-flops in the pool and let them float there for an hour. Again, nobody had anything to say about what was going on. I myself didn't bother alerting the staff as i had already deemed this water as a contaminated area and going into it again was out of question.

Other disadvantages include shortage of towels at all time and a constantly absent towel boy. EXPOSED ELECTRIC WIRES in the pool and an extremely slow check-in process. Also,if u r staying at the villas u will be isolated from the entertainment activities going on at the main building.

On the plus side,housekeeping was great. The room was cleaned very well daily and once i came back to find flowers on the bed. The room was comfortable and had a great view of flowers and a swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dr-AhmedHelmy
Dear Guest,

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I am sorry the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.