“Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #67 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Scotland
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort from 24 Oct to 1 Nov 2012. Our 5th trip to Sharm El Sheikh. First time staying at this hotel. Nice rooms, nice pools but found the downfall was the food. Don't cater enough for the British people but not many british was in the hotel when we were there. The food was very repetitive - same things every night and felt they focussed on their cakes and pastries rather than meals. If there is anything that is not in the restaurant that you would like to eat then just ask and they will bring whatever you want. The Tex Mex Restaurant was lovely - in fact we went there twice. The staff make this hotel - especially Ahmed Tawnik (Bars Manager) and his staff. He certainly could not do enough for us and his staff are very polite and friendly and nothing is any trouble for them everything is their pleasure which was nice - these guys work long hours and are still smiling after 12 hour shifts 7 days a week!!

Would like to say that I would go back to this hotel as long as the price was right and more choice of food for the british people.

We all go on holiday for the sunshine and that is definitely what you get in Sharm El Sheikh!!

Room Tip: We had a room further away from the main pool but quite a lot of stairs to climb so not suitable if...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Magdy Metwally

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just returned from this hotel yesterday, and am I glad to be home. Check in was good and quick although you couldn't get a room any further from main building, where you have to go for meals it is about half a mile walk and when you get there it definitely is not worth the bother. Food is cold and not a lot to choose from breakfast was ok you can't go wrong with cornflakes if you can get a bowl that is? Someone said the bread is lovely and thank goodness it is as that is mostly what I ate my husband can usually eat anything but even he struggled. Room was like a chalet at Butlins The kettle had to be changed as it was full of rust, so was the cooker, who goes to a 5* hotel and has a cooker in the room, very outdated but clean. Resort area is nice but I noticed there was no toilets at any pool you had to stay at a pool near your room so you could go to toilet you can guess how many do go as I saw people sitting there all day. The pool was not clean lots of Beatles and fly's floating on top and the water was not clear probably due to lack of toilets. I went into pool for a few days but me and my husband had diarrhea for 2 days and we had to go to chemist for tablets which cost £13 I don't know if it was the pool or something else. We were alinclusive and a few people complained about only getting wine with meals and there was no ice cream at lunch or dinner. I could go on but I am so disappointed after spending all that money I have been to Egypt 6 times and I know what to expect but I would never go to another Hilton. Royal grand azure is the best hotel in sharm definitely 5*

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room near main building as it is a long walk.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world, this is essential.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort in the soonest future.

Swansea County, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Dreams from October 18 - 26 October 2012.
This was our first time at this hotel and thought it was great (we have stayed in about 8 other hotels over the years), Yes it is about a 5 min walk through the Fayrouz hotel across the road to the beach and about a 15 min stroll to the shopping area bars and restaurants. The hotel was very clean even though it does need a little updating like tiles need replacing it was of very good standard. the staff were friendly and the rooms cleaned every day. We thought the food was good but many people complained about it, I am not sure what they were expecting of egypt. Choice of beef, chicken and fish every night also a variety of salads, potatoes and vegetables, , the first night we were there was also Lamb, we did eat out a couple of times but that was not due to the hotel food. The hotel is quite big with about 9 pools, 1 main pool and the others were quite small quiet pools so you did not have to listen to the loud music all day at the main pool., we enjoyed it though.
We had a lovely relaxing week and will probably go back to this hotel if the price is right.

Room Tip: Try to get close to the rmain pool as it is a large complex, especially if you have walking difficul...
2 Thank Helen H
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write this detailed piece of information, which gives an overview to our future guests and consequently help them choose our property.

It is the commitment from all the team to exert our utmost efforts to make your stays with us memorable and enjoyable.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

returned home on 11th of oct this was the first time staying at the hotel and had a most enjoyable time the hotel is not as run down and dated as other reviews have said the rooms were cleaned every day by polite house keeping staff our bar man at our pool was mohamed at the waterfalls bar at the tropical pool a very polite and friendly man mahmoud was our towel guy and was also great this was the first time in egypt for my mum who loved it all no problems at this hotel the breakfast was ample with plenty of choice with free tea coffee and water in the room overall great staff and hotel ! oh and the gardeners work very hard to keep it so nice we are looking at going back next year thanks hilton sharm dreams

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank paul m
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was really a pleasure having you with us and we are honoured to know that you are planning to give us the chance to welcome you back next year.

Cairo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hilton dreams villas for 5 days during our honeymoon. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. First of all, Hilton dreams shared the beach with Hilton fayrouz and u had to walk all the way there to have access to the beach which was very unclean and crowded. After one visit to the beach we decided to stick to the pool near our villa and it was ok at first until we saw a man taking his son who's wearing DIAPERS inside the pool.

Non of the staff at the tropical pool bar had anything to say about what was happening. I went and looked for the towel guy (who is never there by the way) When I finally found him, I alerted him to the problem. The disgusting pool problems did not stop there, however.

The next day i was shocked to see 2 little girls washing their t shirts in the pool, then hanging them to dry on the pool edge. This happened shortly after a little boy dipped his dirty flip-flops in the pool and let them float there for an hour. Again, nobody had anything to say about what was going on. I myself didn't bother alerting the staff as i had already deemed this water as a contaminated area and going into it again was out of question.

Other disadvantages include shortage of towels at all time and a constantly absent towel boy. EXPOSED ELECTRIC WIRES in the pool and an extremely slow check-in process. Also,if u r staying at the villas u will be isolated from the entertainment activities going on at the main building.

On the plus side,housekeeping was great. The room was cleaned very well daily and once i came back to find flowers on the bed. The room was comfortable and had a great view of flowers and a swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dr-AhmedHelmy
Dear Guest,

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I am sorry the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was our 5th visit to Hilton Dreams and love it. we arrived on 30th Sep 2012 at 18.30 to Sharm air port and was met by our driver as arranged through the hotel who was waiting for us with a name board. we were taken straight to our hotel and was checking in after about half an hour of landing.
We had requested a specific room which we had been in before, and had been saved for us this time too. Because we are repeat cliants we were also given late check out which was really good as we were not due to leave until 16.30 on day of departure.
We always b&b because we love to eat out, and Dreams is a good location for Namma Bay and all it's bar and restaurants being only 10min stroll away.
Breakfast we noticed a few changes from last year, for the better, food still as good but the restaurant much better managed and a nicer experience all round. We were totally spoilt by Reda our waiter who made sure for the 2 weeks we were there we wanted for nothing and made us feel special.
The room we like is a pool view bungalow, not the most modern but very clean, loads of storage, tea & coffee, and air con. On arrival our air con was not very cold, it was on full but the room was still quite hot at night, we reported this to the desk and it was fixed within the hour. the beds are a little hard if you are not used to a firm mattress but its not a problem.
We had room service twice during our stay, we placed our order with Emad who speaks perfect english and always is happy and can't do enough for you. The second time we used him i was not feeling well, he asked me what was wrong and when he came to collect the tray he brought me a really lovely drink made from mint hot water and honey to calm my tummy, it really worked the next day i felt fine.
We like to sit around the heated pool during the day because it is quiet and you can read or sleep, it suits us fine, Mahmoud the pool boy there looked after us really well with clean towels, turning our beds when required and even leaving flowers in a glass under our umberella for us to enjoy, nothing was too much trouble.Siaid was our pool boy last year who i must say was equally attentive, this year he has been promoted and was working at the large main pool, but he still remembered us and came to find us to say hello, lovely people.
Looking forward to going back next year, for us it really is home from home except we get totally spoilt.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main pool area tend to be quieter but are farther from reception and the restaur...
3 Thank les d
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Once again, It was really a pleasure having you with us and we are honoured to know that you are planning to give us the chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

Bedfordshire
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Another fortnight at Hilton Sharm Dreams and, as expected, another wonderful holiday experience with attentive and courteous Managers and staff. The Hotel gardens and pathways had been re-painted as part of their overall maintenance plan and it looked absolutely pristine and the grounds looked sparkling. For the first time in over 8 years, we stayed as fully inclusive guests and we were treated to an amazing variety of dishes to suit all tastes in the Jardin Restaurant - fish cooked several ways, meats cooked fresh, multitude of vegetables and pastas, plus the mouthwatering cakes and desserts - couldn't fail to please the hardest taste pallet ! The trial of the new coffee dispenser was a huge success with my Wife who loved her freshly brewed cappuccinos each day - hope they retain them ! All of the staff made us feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble. Difficult to highlight any one individual but of particular note was Yasser (Front Desk Manager); Reda (Jardin), Darya (Hiton Honours) and Mohammed Reda (Reception) - who dealt with any of our few queries or requests with the utmost courtesy and speed, but then that is the normal practice we have experienced over many years from all of the Hilton Dreams staff. As frequent visitors, the staff remember us by name and room number and really make you feel as if you are returning to your 'second home' - not just a 'catch phrase' as they strive to make sure it happens, whether you are a regular or infrequent guest. Room and pools were perfect and the occasional loud music was immediately dealt with. We cannot wait to return next May 2013 to experience yet another relaxing and pampered holiday ! Highly recommended !

Room Tip: Rooms around the main pool adjacent to the Restaurant can be noisier as it is where most of the acti...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chu T
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2012