Hilton Sharks Bay Resort
$72
$63
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$80
Hyatt.com
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$58
$75
$68
Movenpick.com
$49
$71
$47
  • Breakfast included
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
$50
  • Pool
$182
$135
7,726 results
All reviewssunset bardeluxe sideolympic baril rusticosinai dive clubel mattamanimation teamsoho squaresplash baritalian restaurantfishnaama baymain restaurantbeach sidegreat holidaytowel artpasta
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This has been the best holiday I have ever Xperienced! Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff, they all work extremely hard and could not do enough to help you. We stayed in a sea view room, which was perfect, lovely view from the balcony and very quiet. The food was very good in all the restaurants especially Elements the a la carte restaurant. There was only a small thing that did bother me: Some people were talking on the phones/ipad on loudspeaker in the bars to their family back home, not everyone wants to know what your family are doing and its unsociable to everyone trying relax!. Apart from that it was a perfect holiday and I will be booking to come back. We went to Petra it was amazing day we booked it online via one of the local agents called sharmexperts.com, thumb up keep up the good work guys.
Sure will take Luxor and Cairo next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Adam S
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

We value your comments, as it is only through the eyes of our guests that we can improve our service and guests experience.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay.

Yours truly

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our second visit to this Hotel, after having an amazing time on our first visit in 2012, sadly our expectations were seriously dashed.

Starting with the positives:

Facilities - The actual facilities & Room are still first class. We stayed on the "New" side this time, as the Old side is being refurbished. A large deluxe room overlooking the pool with a great sized bathroom, offering a separate walk in shower, and large bath. 3 very large pool areas. and no problem getting a sun lounger where you wanted it. Umbrellas to shade you when the sun was to hot. All public areas very clean.

SPA - Again used the SPA facilities and had a great Hot Stone Massage - TIP be sure to haggle on the price, you should get at least a 30% discount on the advertised price.

Soho Square - a 3 minute walk form the hotel, offers a range of nice shops, traditional English pub, ice skating rink and ice bar. Live entertainment for free most evenings. A great place to sit and enjoy your evenings.

However there are a few things that in my opinion have gone severely down hill..

Staff - Firstly this is no reflection on Housekeeping or our waiter in the main restaurant. Special mention to Mostafa Kamel, who was a first class housekeeper, Room was spotless every day and his towel artwork is amazing! Polite and friendly, nothing was to much trouble for him.

However the staff in general were less attentative than in previous years. The daytime staff in the wave bar were quite simply rude, and after asking several times for drink and food, they finally took our order, but then we waited nearly 30 minutes for our drinks. They did not however seem to have any trouble serving young pretty ladies much quicker! Generally around the hotel staff were not as friendly, polite or helpful as they had been in previous years.

FOOD - I have 4 years of experience of eating in Sharm, and therefore do not have high expectations. However the food on this visit was simply awful! Luke warm at the best of times, very little choice, no fresh veg, and waiting for freshly cooked eggs on a morning took at least 20 minutes! Even eating in the Italian restaurant (you have to book in advance) the experience was bad. Steak Medallions were in fact 2 very small finely sliced pieces of cheap meat that tasted like a value supermarket product. We finally gave up after 3 days and travelled outside the complex to eat our evening meal. Our waiter queried this with us at breakfast, and after we explained why he laid on a 'special' meal for us that evening. A simple meal of mixed grill, mash and fresh veg. It was very good! The restaurant manager also sat with us and made a note of all our concerns. All of this was very welcome, but it was very simple, just do what you were doing 3 years ago and it would be fine!

We will be returning to Sharm again next year, and love this hotel for its location and facilities. However after this current experience we will probably look at other hotels in Sharks Bay where we can expect a greater level of consistent service from all staff, and more importantly consistency in the food offering.

A final point if you are looking to book day trips, airport transfers or want great portable WIFI at an unbeatable cost look up Sinai Safari Adventures (they are No.1 for attractions on Trip Advisor) The British couple that run it are simply amazing to deal with, excellent service and great value!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2101, great view of pool and close to main building. Aim for numbers is in 2000-300 range. Avoid 9,000 range if possible as at end of complex and close to the runway of airport.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bristol1972

Dear Sir and Madam,

We value your comments, as it is only through the eyes of our guests we can improve our services.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback I am sorry that you felt that the holiday did not live up to your expectations and I do hope that you do give the hotel another chance on your next visit to Sharm, as we constantly strive to improve the service to our guests.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Visited Sharm for first time in march. We paid Thomas Cook £600 for flights, transfers and the Deluxe side Hotel. The huge pools and grounds are lovely. Very clean all over. Great room, large comfy bed. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

The main restaurant on site is called El Mattam. It serves the general breakfast, lunch and dinner. The place lets the hotel down. At breakfast there is always a queue for omelettes and pancakes. The hotel was only approx 40% full so I dread to think how it would cope at full capacity. The place needs extra cooking stoves at the serving areas.

the lunch and evening meals were mostly the same. Salads and breads were very good but the main meal options were of a poor standard.
There should have been quality meats available every night like steaks, chicken fillets/kebabs and lamb chops.
The desserts were also below par. No one touched the highlighter pen coloured hard mouses/jellies. No ice creams.
The chefs looked demoralised and looked like they needed a head chef up front showing leadership, enthusiasm and creativity.

There is Waves pool bar that provides burgers, chips and hot dogs by the day but we avoided these as we were told by other guests that they tasted greasy.

The Houses of Asia restaurant was excellent. You have to pay extra here but for two of us it was £20. Here you can have a good choice of Chinese, Japanese or Indian dishes. Great service.

The El Rustica is a free Italian restaurant on site and is free but you can only visit the once. This too was very good.

The entertainment was poor and amateurish. The night we arrived involved the animation team getting 3 male guests to sit on stage and do monkey impressions, dancing and getting shoes off other guests. The other nights had Egyptian dancers and African dancers which was quite boring as they did the same moves etc. The Olympic/sports bar needs a make over and lacks atmosphere. Please paint over the dreadful mural of famous pop stars in here at the back of the stage.

The gym was very poor and a gym for me on holiday is very important. It was the size of a lounge at home. It had two running machines that were broken and looked like they had been this way for some time. There were chest press, shoulder press machines and a stepper. Dumbells up to 35kgs and a few medicine balls. A good gym should be 4 times this size with a squat rack, Olympic bars, disc weights, bench press, cable machines etc. How about circuit classes on the lush grass outside?

The quad bike excursion was excellent and for £20 it was great value. Definitely recommended.

On day 4 of our week stay I found one of the Russian guest relations staff called Valentina. I informed her of the negatives of the hotel. I didn't get any subsequent feedback or what the hotel management said in response. Other guests whom I spoke to all said the same that the food and entertainment let this hotel down. We booked the Hilton as its brand name reassured us of quality. The hotel is a four star. If they spent some money on upgrading the bars, the entertainment, the gym and the El Mattam restaurant it would get an extra star and I would definitely go back there again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have just returned from my second visit to The Hilton Sharks Bay. I stayed for three weeks from 7th - 28th March.
Again, lovely clean rooms, spacious grounds and fantastic snorkelling. Ten minute transfer from the airport and a short five minute walk to Soho Square.

I think the main reason people keep coming back to this hotel is for the friendly staff. I'm very well travelled and have never met friendlier staff anywhere in the world.
To name a few, Ibriham from Waves, Hesham from the Sports bar and Salah the towel man who offered to carry me around when I hurt my foot!

Then there's the Animation team who are fantastic. They spend hours every day trying to include everyone in the activities around the pool. Then inbetween activities they put on their own silly shows trying to make everyone laugh. Alex, Aya, Sasha, Mego and of course the star of the show...TROY!

Don't let the food put you off visiting this lovely hotel. Yes, it's repetitive, but there is always something to eat. I think even the fussiest eaters would be hard pushed not to find something to their taste.

I had a great time and met some lovely people, both staff and guests, and I can't wait to return in September.

Room Tip: I prefer to be near the hotel so the 2000's work for me. If you want quiet, ask for a room at the opposite end.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank J0balls

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort for your recent holiday.

Your feedback on Trip Advisor is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

Thank you for you positive comments about our team members and will pass it on to them.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

"+" :
Good location:
- Close to the airport.
- Transfers can be arranged from the hotel.
- Soho Square - gorgeous! You can leave the hotel for walk.

Not long pontoon. Beautiful coral reef!

Great service! Very nice and helpful hotel staff. This was the biggest "+" this hotel! Thank you very much!

"-"
- Not a very varied diet. But still very tasty!
- Rooms on the first line is very simple ... But for us it was not a problem.

For a 4 * hotel - the hotel is great! I liked everything.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple