“Amazing guys thanks”

Hilton Sharks Bay Resort
Ranked #69 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Just got back from a week at the hilton sharks bay was so good we have booked again for march already.

Wanted to say thanks to Sameh afify and his guest relations team and the concierge team hany bushra felt so looked after and welcomed.

The resturant staff were fantastic nothing was too much for them all and the food was great. Thanks to hany for looking after us and keeping our baby entertained.

The hotel is kept clean and tidy and the pool was amazing Salah looked after us and our towels were put out for us in our favorite spot.

The sandman Ahmed made my daughter a lovely sand bottle which she will keep forever.

Thanks everyone and also to Wael who runs around all day behind the scenes making sure the bars and service is amazing.

Will be recommending u guys to everyone as a destination.
Xx

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank rebecca a
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future.

Once again, we thank you very much for your report and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Sharks Bay in the near future.

Yours sincerely

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sharks Bay Resort

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was mine and my boyfriends first time to Sharm El Sheikh and we would go back in a heartbeat. We stayed at the Hilton Sharks Bay after a recommendation from a friend and were not disappointed. We had a lovely room overlooking the pools which was kept clean with fresh towels daily. It was very quiet at this time of year which is perfect for couples. There is a swim up pool bar which is great for having cocktails in the sun, however this pool isn't heated so you have to brave the colder water to get to the bar! Sunbeds and towels were always guaranteed however the one downside to sunbathing by the pool is that you do get hassled quite a bit by the staff from the spa at the hotel. My boyfriend had to be quite firm with them to get them to go away.

The all inclusive food was a massive disappointment. It was ok for breakfast and lunch but dinner time was like a canteen at school and the quality of food was quite poor. There is an italian restaurant which is included in the all inclsuive deal which is much nicer and definitely worth a visit. The Houses of Asia restaurant in the hotel was beautiful. We ate there twice, and although it was quite pricey it was definitely worth the money. I would definitely recommend doing the 'romantic dinner' which takes place in a gorgeous little hut with fairy lights. This cost £50 for the both of us which included a bottle of sparkling wine and the food was gorgeous. We were served by a man called Hamdi who certainly deserved the 40% tip that we gave him. Nothing was too much trouble for him, he was friendly, efficient, respectful and certainly made our night with the fabulous service he gave us.

I would also highly recommend going down to the beach and hiring one of the private areas that has its own little beach hut. This was only £10 for the whole day which was absolutely amazing. We were served all day by another absolute star waiter called Ahmed Rahman. Not only on this day, but for the whole holiday he looked after us and absolutely made our trip. He went out of the way to make sure we had the most amazing holiday ever and succeeded. He was such a genuine, friendly guy who did everything in his power to give us special treatment. My boyfriend got ill one day (not because of the food or water i hasten to add) and Ahmed even made trips to our room to take him water and make sure he was ok.

There is way too much to write about this fantastic trip. All in all we had an amazing holiday as long as you are willing to spend a little extra to have nicer meals! I would urge people who are slightly apprehensive to travel to Sharm, like we were, to go! It is beautiful and we are already planning our next trip back.

We met a lovely couple Carol and Pete who we did not get to say bye to, so if you see this - get in touch!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy W

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

We value your comments, as it is only through the eyes of our guests that we can improve our service and guests experience.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed here from 5th to 12th November 2013. It was our 2nd Egyptian holiday (having stayed in Tropicana Rosetta and Jasmine in November 2011 which we thought was fab)
There were many problems with our stay here at the Hilton Sharks Bay but the main one was with the quality of the food and drink, it is dire.
At best the all -inclusive food was just edible i.e. at the Italian and at worst cheap slop served up at the main food hall and bars which made us both ill. At the Italian il rustico the food is ok, you are allowed 1 free visit. It's only a nominal charge after that, £2 each, but it's very difficult to get a table as there are only about 20 (due to the political situation and closure of half the hotel rooms and amenities) On our second visit we were prepared to pay extra for lamb chops and salmon but they were not available, neither was the steak or any of the other premium dishes, I suspect this is often the case.
I cannot think of positive coments about the food in the main hall other than the soup and bread was ok and our waiter Sharif was attentive. I would advise anyone against eating their main meal at Waves bar, the Egyptian chicken curry was more like chicken liver and skin and still has the ability to make me heave a week later at the thought of it. There is a snack menu at Waves bar which is better but it did take 4 days before we knew it existed and we were ill by then anyway. The snacks at the other bars were mystifying and grim, pizza with frazzled cheese topping and the tiny dry little rolls with a square centimetre of cheese, why? We had one meal we enjoyed at the Asian restaurant, it cost us £70 for 2 courses and a bottle of wine though; so much for an all inclusive holiday.
The drinks were universally vile. Cheapest of the cheap ingredients in the cocktails so they were all disgustingly sweet, I still don't understand  how you can have a sweet bloody mary? The wine and dreadful lager both tasted overly acidic. Yes the cocktail waiters did offer suggestions and attempted to make us alternatives but they were all equally gruesome. In the bars the entertainment is duff or non existent. Q bar has an unpleasant smell.  I agree that the waiters were all friendly and cheery but is the service that good? For instance... you ask for a coffee they bring it.... so then you have to ask for sugar they bring it ....but then you have to ask for a spoon ! It is like this all the time everywhere. The majority of them do what they are asked and no more, they chat, they are pleasant but maybe the management should be encouraging them to use initiative and attention to detail rather than trying to be everyone's best friend.
My friend wanted a massage but they were never available at the times she chose, we were told repeatedly that the jacuzzi was only available on a Tuesday from 3-6. Funnily enough we arrived on Tuesday around tea time and left the following Tuesday at 2, convenient or what? We wanted a boat trip and the only day I ever saw the guy at his post was on the day we left.  When you go to the shop there are always three burly guys at the till, not sure of their function, it feels intimidating. They are always on their phones too.
On the good side the pool area is lovely as are the terraces by the sea. The rooms are comfortable and clean and have lovely views, but I don't think a few towel sculptures make up for a week of living on bread, soup and water with cramping stomach pains covered in mosquito bites. Beware! We think it was waves bar where we got eaten alive, but the mozzies get in the rooms too. In fairness the hotel did provide a mosquito repellent for the room and recommended we buy the local insect repellant called "off" for our skin which did help.
It was an unforgettable experience but for all the wrong reasons, it had the potential to be great but they need to up their game big style in particular with food and drink quality and more professionalism in the service.
 On a personal note the beach at Naama Bay is also much better than Sharks bay for snorkelling. At sharks bay you have to enter the sea via the jetty and the safe area for swimming and snorkelling is really quite small and as a result the water is not crystal clear as it is in Naama bay once you reach the coral.
I really only wanted to give this 1 star but settled on 2 as the accomodation i.e. rooms, sunbeds, pools, terraces are all very good.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir and Madam,

We are concerned to learn about your comments regarding your stay and they have been noted and will pass it on to the concerned department for corrective action .

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

I am sorry that you felt the holiday did not live up to your expectations.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you do give the hotel another chance on your next visit to Sharm, as we constantly strive to improve the service to our guests.

Yours truly,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in the newer deluxe side of this hotel and id definitely recommend it. It has 3 large pool, one heated in the colder months. The staff were great! Hotel was clean! The food was nice, not amazing but good. The Italian al a carte was great and we ate there twice. We would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: new deluxe side
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mey27

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Having stopped in the Hilton Sharks Bay a few years ago I dropped a 5 star in sharks bay to return to a hotel that I remembered as having brought itself up to date in both quality and fittings when you booked to stay on the luxury part of the complex.

As stated I had booked some years previous and was in a situation where I was stopping in the lower part of the complex. I was lucky enough at that time to move to the upper (Luxury) complex which was brand new and impressive to say the least.

Presently the lower complex is closed due to the poor bookings for holidays in Egypt associated to the problems that the country is experiencing. We stayed for a week and were happy that our safety throughout was looked after.

If you have a choice once the lower part opens always go for the luxury side. It may not have as many flowers or shrubs but you will not be disappointed by the rooms.

I was lucky enough to see the luxury rooms in there prime. The room I visited this time although head and shoulders above the hotel I departed had to a degree come into disrepair. If it was your first visit you may not notice. The room lamp was damaged and the bathroom basin was cracked. Albeit the basin never leaked it was sad to see that the Hilton had lowered its standards and allowed these faults to go un attended.

On the whole the hotel is a great place to stay both as a family and as a couple.

The only bug bear I have is the continuous badgering from the Spa club runners. As UK individuals we are generally inclined to listen for a long while whilst trying to politely say leave me alone. On a few occasions during the stay the same individual became a repeat visitor and to a degree filled us with degree of foreboding every time we saw him.

The Q room is great for couples albeit there is a cheesy smell as you walk through the door. I think that this is associated to the aircon. On this note It was sad to see that some of the flooring had been damaged and not refurbished in this bar. All I can say is do yourselves a favour and get it sorted. The staff are great and always attentive albeit they seem to have problems when the beer barrel ran dry.

On the whole this place is definitely worth a visit. I will return and hope that the place is fully open and back in its prime in the near future.

Prices presently due to the closure of its lower facilities are good. Don't be put off by the star rating. Apart from the badgering if you are after an up to date quality/modern room then the luxury Hilton Sharks Bay is the place to go.

Room Tip: I was located in the area of the 9's. if you get this area then you get the sun all day even as...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McNutty712

Thank you very much for your review.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay in the very near future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have been in Sharks Bay the first time and choose it because of the diving center on site.
The hotel overal is average to good and you get good value for money.
They upgraded us from the old part to the new deluxe part due to not many tourists traveling to Egypt at that time.

The old part is closer to the beach and looks nice as well.
The new deluxe part has 3 massive connected pools which we never used as we have been diving the whole day.

The room was spacious and clean, the bed is very comfortable and the bathroom big, our room was on the first floor and had a little balconi. Only downside was they seemed to have some problem with the hot water as it got from time to time quite yellow.

The service was mostly very good and pleasant. If you got the right waiter and tipped them (only a pound or so) they kept on taking care of you the rest of the week.
Some of them could get a better training but nobody is perfect.

The food is OK but it is at times too much and that leads that the quality is lacking.
The breakfast in the mainrestaurant is good, you get everything you need from bread to egg to juice and spread, jams and nutella.
The lunch (we only had it once) was OK as you where able to find a meat or fish and a side plus veg if you looked around.
Dinner in the main restaurant is a bit too loud a bit like back in school or uni as its a really big restaurant area. We had our dinner most of the time by the pool bar which was a bit more in the direction of egyptian food and a lot less people. Also some good entertainment by the pool with belly dancing.
The Italian restaurant is only once included and the food was good and I also would have paid for another time.
We didnt try the house of Asia as we travel to Asia once a year and enjoy the food over there.
Snacks are served from late breakfast to midnight in the bars and are OK and fill your stomach (not worse than your local chip shop or tesco sandwich).
Drinks: local beer is good (bit fizzy) and there is always plenty of water.
To the people who moan they dont have pork sausages and bacon I only can say they maybe shouldnt leave their homes if they cant deal with a bit of change in their holiday.

All over the food is not life changing but is doing the job for an all inclusive resort.

The beach has a jetty and wonderfull house reef for nice shore dives.

Overall I would go back if I get another good deal on it as I like the house reef and dive club on site.

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar if you are on the new deluxe side. If you want it less noisy get a room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went for a week during the October half term break ,We had stayed at the sensatori ( sharm) 6 weeks earlier, so there was no comparison really. However we had a good week. We have been to Egypt on several occasions and get fed up with peoples bad reviews about the food. Remember you are In Africa, if you want a full English and fish and chips, then go to Benidorm. I am fairly picky with my food , but there was always something I could eat. I was a little disappointed with the Italian a la carte, although my husband really enjoyed his. It was my birthday when we ate there and they made a great occasion of it. Flowers scattered on the table, staff came out singing happy birthday and gave me a beautiful cake.
We were upgraded free of charge, as is everyone... half of the hotel is closed because of the lack of tourists going to Egypt. This was very sad to see.
We were disappointed with the beach,, its just tiered rocks really, but does have its own jetty. The swimming pools were lovely, not deep but really big. One had its own mini beach which was great for kids.
The rooms were nice and kept very clean to a high standard with wonderful towel art by our cleaner ( we had crocodiles, boats and a monkey hanging from our ceiling) . Because of the beach we stayed around the pool, activities were available and you were not hasseled to joini in.
It would have been nice to have waiter service around the pool area, as many other hotels do have, especially as this is a Hiilton. The pool guys were brilliant, had our sunbeds waiting with fresh towels everyday( before leaving a tip) and we saw the water in the pools being checked everyday.
Evening entertainment wasn't to our taste, we went into the normal bar and left within 10 minutes it was a cross between butlins and Benidorm. ( sports tv and karaoke ) However there is the Q bar which is adults only, which is where we went and just amused ourselves with a cocktail and a pack of playing cards. ( we don't usually bother with evening entertainment in general).
If you like shopping Soho square is within walking distance although quite pricey, We found the shops en route were cheaper. I bought 3 genuine fake Jimmy choo bags for £ 55.00.I
It was also a little too close to the airport for my liking, It affected my sleep, hearing them all night.However that is not the hotels fault.
All in all this was a nice hotel, friendly staff, nice rooms, , good quality food ( for Egypt), but would I say Hilton standard? No I am afraid not. Although this is certainly one of the better hotels we have visited. At the end of the day you get what you pay for, this was half the price of the sensatori. Would we go again, yes if we wanted a cheapish week away.

Room Tip: Most room are around the pool areas, so it was nice to walk out to the pool straight from our rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013