“nice place”

Ranked #66 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights.
The hotel was fine ... not a wow though.

The receptionists were very helpful ... and with decent manners.
Checking in was fast, by Mr. Mohammed Elsayed.

I stayed in the new extension, in a deluxe room.

The room was ok when I got in, I had few issues and the receptionist called the senior housekeeper immediately, Mr. Samir. Who took every observation I had and solved it within a minute. there were 3 housekeeper men re-doing my room and finishing in a record time.

I then met Mr. Ahmed the housekeeper, a good man and a hard worker, was the one responsible on my room and one of the 3 musketeers who re-did everything in the room.

The room was really polished.

My best part of the room was the air-conditioning ... it was amazing, so cold.

The restaurants had plenty of options ... for the all inclusive.
I dined at the main restaurant and at the italian one where you had to book in advance ( special thanks to mr. Mohammed Rashad who made that possible, as the booking was hard ).

The open buffet was great. The junior chefs were amazing, the one doing the Eggs during the breakfast, who was a real master who provided the BEST omelets I ever had, or the on the grill in the evening, who perfected those juicy stakes.

One of the Senior chefs had these amazing salty muffins, they were to die for, so delicious, too bad they were only done once. Can't recall his name, but many thanks to him.

The staff overall were very friendly, some of the waiters were rather too friendly and got cozy and passionate with the guests, which seemed to be enjoyed by western guests!! I certainly didn't like the scene to be honest, it was rather inappropriate behavior and unprofessional. You don't see that happening in europe or elsewhere, and I've never seen around egypt!

If you are a hilton honors guest, don't expect much, you don't get special treatments. For example, after exactly 24 hours from my arrival, I had the room service knocking the door, to offer me fruits and soft drinks. It happened only once during my stay. The guy said nothing at all just placed them inside and left, I had to ask what was it for, and his reply was " it's for repeat guests and vips " !
You don't get a note from the manager or any one of the management welcoming you. I know it's just a piece of paper with a content that is copy pasted from somewhere, yet, it just shows that someone appreciate your choice for the hotel network!

The pool was huge ... in lovely to be honest.

the beach side was fantastic, you get to see those beautiful corals so close.
when i first went there, I asked the security about the beach and he left his desk and took me to the terrace to show me and guide me around the area, he was very polite and with lovely manners, I came to know he was originally from Menofiya, though he knew so much about the beach area of sharks bay. I was impressed by how helpful he was.

The concierge guys and bellmen were all very decent and helpful, would really like to thank everyone of them.

In a summary :
The hotel has decent staff ( apart from some waiters ) who are always respectable. rooms are spacious ( the deluxe ones ), bathrooms clean, location is convenient, close to the airport and minutes away from the market by shuttle. food is great.
you may ignore the inappropriate waiters, just like i did, if you dislike such unprofessional contact with the guests.

Down part is for the hilton honors guests, they should not expect much, unlike other hilton hotels. though it wasn't a big deal honestly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Muhammad A
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Your comments have been noted and will be passed to the concerned department for corrective active.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay in the very near future.

Hilton Sharks Bay Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (7,415)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was my 4th visit to this hotel and I must say after reading some of the reviews I was slightly concerned especially regarding the food.
As soon as we arrived we were treated like VIP's and transported to our upgraded room on the new side. All the management and staff were superb and it was lovely to see the ever efficient Mr Wael............when does he rest??? and a special thanks to Islam Shams at the pool bar , Mohammed (pool towels), the Sandman and others too many to mention.
I cannot fault this hotel....... good location, good food, good choice of bars and restaurants and excellent staff. This would be my 1st choice of hotel whenever I go to Egypt....well done as usual Hilton Sharks Bay and hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: If you want spacious and modern upgrade to the new side. There is some aircraft noise but doesn'...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Reviewed October 8, 2012

came back from hsb on the 1st october after a 14 night stay, I was a little worried to say the least as the reviews were getting bad , but i must say we had a excellent time. Check in was fast and efficient and very quickly shown to our room,
our room was very nice it was in the old side and near all the restaurants and entertainment and had a pool view and sea view a king size bed very large screen tv and a wonderful walk in shower,. the room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels and lots of lovely towel art .
The food was very nice we didnt have a problem with it we found it always hot and plenty of choice , if there was not anything you wanted if you had a word with them they would make you something you did like, we ate
in the italian a couple of times and that was excellent , we never ate in the main buffet at lunch we used to go to the sunset bar near the beach.
The staff in the restaraunts were lovely and could not do enough for you special thanks to sammy who looked after us very well and sheriff who often used to show us to our table.
The pool on the old side was very nice and we know for a fact that it was cleaned every day and omar worked very hard cleaning round the pool and just after six at night they used to put chemicals in it as we used to watch them from our balcony. The beach was not fantastic but plenty good enough it was layered and plenty of sunbeds the snorkelling is amazing and recommended.
Soho square is very close about 5 minutes walk and is quite safe and you do not get hassled at all very different to narma bay.
I could go on and on but i would like to thank all the staff they work so hard and nothing is too much trouble for them , hopefully will return to hilton definately recommend it

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank valmccormack42
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have just returned from our holiday at the Hilton and had a fab time food, room and staff excellent. The only reason this hotel did not get a 5 is the way they upgrade guests all at different prices. The web site should make this clearer when booking as my booking was for a standard room new side but there are no standard rooms on new side so my holiday cost another 125 pound.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at hotel in September 2011 with my boyfriend for two weeks! We absolutely loved it and so much so we have booked again for next September! The staff were friendly and helpful! The food choice at dinner by the pool bar was good! The evening food changes each day to a different kind which was always to our taste but there is plenty of variety! The house of Asia is to do for absolutely lovely food!! Can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Sharpster86

Thank you very much for your review.

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future.

Once again, we thank you very much for your report and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Sharks Bay.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton sharks bay from 26 sept to 3 oct and had a great holiday. We upgraded from a standard room to a deluxe which was worth the £84 for the week and we were over the newer side and the rooms are large, with great bathrooms and all overlook one of the 3pools. The food is good, lots of choice. We went to the Italian restaurant which was ok but also paid to go to the house of Asia, which was lovely and the food much better. The Sinai dive club on site was excellent, so if you are a diver, it comes highly recommended. The gym was well equipped and if you want a treat the spa has lots on offer. My only downside would be the close proximity of the airport. You CAN hear the planes and even see them from the newer side. The sunset bar was our favourite, followed by the q bar. All staff were very attentive and we only left tips at the end of the week, so don't feel you have to tip as you go along. It's also lovely to be able to walk to soho square at night too for a little stroll.

Room Tip: In the newer side, and think about upgrading to a deluxe room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryDave07
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've just come back from a week at the Hilton Sharks Bay. I stayed in the old part of the resort - in one of the refurbished rooms. The room was spacious and was spotlessly clean. The towel art my sister and I returned to each evening were brilliant. The staff at this hotel are brilliant - from Moustafa (beach towels) with a cheery hello each morning, to Ahmed and Tamar in the pool bar - and genuinely seemed to remember me and my sister from last year as they called us twinnies as soon as we arrived.

The food has really improved - bravo on the hotel stopping the themed nights in the buffet. There is always lots of different types of food on offer. During one lunchtime, the power failed to the buffet bar. The chefs came out from the back immediately, with oil burners and food temperature probes (one for each dish) to ensure the food remained at a safe temperature to eat. If the temperature fell below the safe limit, the dish was immediately removed. There is a separate vegetarian menu which can be ordered from for lunch and dinner.

This hotel has one of the best reefs for snorkelling. My only suggestion would be the introduction of a guard at the pontoon - some of the less informed guests were standing on the coral and I saw one or two feeding the fish. It shouldn't be left to the dive school staff to police this area.

The wifi has also improved - I could access the internet from the beach.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and have already booked to return next year. Only 350 sleeps to go.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family