“Friendly, Fun, Relaxing!”

Ranked #69 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Just returned from our first ever week in Egypt. In all honesty we chose this Hotel as it was advertised at a great price, and on balance trip advisor showed very good reviews.... We were NOT disappointed. So lets get a few negatives out of the way first:

Transfer - We decided not to book a transfer and instead arrange our own taxi, NIGHTMARE. We had been warned about overcharging and pressure. We are 4 fairly strong men, but the experience was somewhat daunting, after finally settling on a price, we got to the hotel for the taxi driver to try to increase it again! Be firm and stick to what you agree, or book transfers to avoid the hassle. For reference on return journey 4 of us paid Equiv of £7 to get back to airport.

Spa Facilities - Jacuzzi was not working for 6 of 7 days stay. Every day we were told "Tomorrow" Amazingly once we book a massage on condition Jacuzzi was fixed, they repaired it within a few hours? - Thanks to Sham for sorting this, you stuck to your word sir!

Food - Remember this is an all inclusive hotel, so you have to cope with the weird food combinations. Not exactly what you would see on a menu back home, but remember you are in Egypt, and they are catering for many different nationalities. That said we are all 'healthy' Eaters and found something at every meal time to enjoy. Food always hot and various options on offer.

And that is really as bad as it gets! The staff at this Hotel are SIMPLY OUTSTANDING. We stayed old side (closer to beach and spa / gym etc...) Our room was fully refurbished, Cleaned daily and the towel art each day brings a smile! Bathrooms very well equipped and towels changed daily.

From the moment you arrive every staff member we encountered went out of their way to ensure you had a great holiday. There was no pressure to tip. After some initial tipping we decided to wait until end of holiday, and service remained high.

The hotel offered good value and that coupled with it cleanliness would be enough to make you want to go back...There was however another deciding factor that is the main reason we are booked to return in September... ANIMATION TEAM! - These guys and girls are the entertainments team who work long hard days to ensure that everyone is having a great time. They organise events (darts / pool / Aerobics etc,,,) which you can chose to join in or not. They spend time speaking with all the guest and making everyone feel welcome. The whole team work really hard, but there has to be a special mention for Magic. The guy is someone you instantly have to like and watching him throughout the day he seems to be best friends with every guest, switching faultlessly between a multitude of languages.

In Summary Hilton Sharks Bay result is a great place to stay, whether you are a young couple; a group of friends; a family or celebrating your 60th Wedding anniversary.

If you decide to go make sure you searching out Magic, he is like you unofficial rep who will ensure that a good holiday is an amazing one!

Room Tip: In The old Side booked a room in the 1,000 range to be near main pool / reception and restaurant. I...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

We would like to thank for your comments.. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sharks Bay Resort

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Just returned from sharks bay, this was are 3rd time stayed in the new side again, nice ground floor room block 8, still very clean and great weather, The staff are really good pool side and restuarant.Good choice of food during the day and evening. Ate in there chinese House of Asia which you pay for and really enjoyed the service and food. We use this as are winter January one week break and think it is good value for the money you pay. Travelled as a couple but if you have kids the pools are great and all inclusive will be perfect for your needs.Tip your house keeping, bar staff and restuarant guys a couple of pound on arrival and you will be well looked after, because money makes the world go round, simple as. Looking forward to our 4th trip.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a groung floor delux suite on the new side for not a lot of money.
1  Thank marcellouswallace

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Haveing just arrived back from the hilton at sharks bay , this will be our 3rd visit ,it gets better every time .We up graded to deluxe this time ,for a very good price of £7 00 per room per night
had an amazeing room ,bathroom to die for ,ground floor rooms are the best ,garden and terrace was lovely .food excellent something for all tastes ,you can dine in both hotels which gives you a great choice .the beach is three tiered and has a great sun set bar overlooking the red sea ,great for a light lunch ,and for the ladies a cocktail of the day .
We will be booking again for next jan very soon .

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future.

Once again, we thank you very much for your report and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Sharks Bay.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I wanted to say thankyou so much for our wonderful stay at the Hilton, Shark's Bay. We were so impressed with everything, the food, the service, the snorkelling, the rooms, the towel swans! We wanted particularly to say how kind, gracious and efficient the staff at the hotel are. It was lovely to meet some of the staff's children there, it makes it a family atmosphere and we felt we were not just isolated in a resort
Once again, our many thanks to you all.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 28, 2012

We spent 2 weeks at the HSB and overall had a great time, our room was in the main block on the beach side. Room had been refurbished, lovely comfortable beds & pillows and plenty of room, bathroom was a little small but had a descent size shower, found that water wasn't very hot at certain times in the evening (usually aroud 6-30pm) spotless linen and towels changed every day.

The staff are great, polite and can't do enough for you. Hotel grounds and gardens are well kept. the older part of the hotel has the main pool and three smaller pools, the new part has one massive pool and is much nicer but tends to be a little on the windy side, no problems getting a sun beds.
Entertainment needs improving, especially on the evening. There are three bars open in the evening Chill out bar, Q Bar and sports bar (Q bar is adults only after 6pm)

I've never considered myself a a picky eater until now, I had problems most evenings no fresh veg and meats unually a type of caserole dish, salad dressings never labeled and food only just warm. My husband didn't have a problem he eats anything.
Breakfast was good, egg station, fresh fruit, yogurts, toast etc. Lunch time snacks where also good, bergers, sandwiches, toasties, & chips etc.

All together had a good time, would I go back ? I don't think so,but it was still good value for money

4  Thank DoJoBrum

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

We are concerned to learn about your comments regarding the food and they have been noted and will pass it on to the concerned department for corrective action and to ensure that these situations do not reoccur in the future. We are of course sorry that you did not consider raising your concerns with the senior management team whilst here, who would have made every effort to address your concerns. We pride ourselves on our service levels and take feedback seriously in order that we can address any specific issues.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you do give the hotel another chance on your next visit to Sharm, as we contently strive to improve the service to our guests.

Yours truly,

Reviewed January 27, 2012

My son randomly picked this hotel to propose to his girlfriend in Nov 2011. He came back full of praise, and recommended that my husband & I had a much deserved break there. I have been very cautious about holidays abroad since my mobility has become more restricted, but my son assured me that the staff & management would do their best to assist me. We upgraded our room, which the management chose for us. It was situated on the ground floor & close to all the amenities. The hotel has several golf buggy's which would collect & transport me if I wished to visit any other parts of the hotel. (This service was prompt & reliable). I had read reviews that criticised the food ('lukewarm & bland'), and owning restaurants & being quite critical of the food I eat, this gave me concerns. Again my son re-assured me that he had been more than satisfied. From our very first meal I was delighted with the standard & choice on offer, the chefs do their uttermost to please the palettes of each individual guest. This is the first time I have been abroad without encountering some sort of stomach upset, so praise to all the kitchen staff, chefs, waiters, who all contributed to the cleanliness, presentation, & high standards on offer at the Hilton.
Whilst mentioning cleanliness, a few words have to be said about the Hilton's team of staff, who, despite some visitors lack of enthusiasm to use the litter bins provided kept the entire grounds and poolside spotless. Our room was cleaned everyday, with clean bedding & towels when required, not forgetting the friendly smile & assistance with any other help we required. (Check out the towel art!)
Unfortunately I do have one criticism. For the first 3 days of our stay the lifts up to the bars (Qbar etc) were not working. This caused myself and several other guests with mobility issues considerable discomfort & problems. However they were repaired, but I am unsure of how long they had been out of use prior to my holiday.
I really cannot end my review on this note, as I am now looking to re-book for June with my son & his fiancé, & my husband in October. (This I can assure you is a rarity as I have never returned to any other venue. I feel life is too short to miss new & exciting places, but when I do wish to explore further a field I will be checking out the Hilton Hotels there).
So my I take this opportunity to thank the management & all their staff, for ensuring our holiday was stress free & memorable. One week was just not suficient so I'll be sure to visit longer next time.

Room Tip: Upgrade if possible.
3  Thank queenie088

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed at the old side of the hotel for one week in January and it was lovely. Room was a decent size with a nice bathroom and balcony. Staff in the bars and restaurants on the new side and the old side were really friendly and welcoming. Standard of food was higher in the new side's restaurant so preferred to eat there of an evening. Dined at Asia Asia restaurant twice whilst staying there as the food was amaing and not pricey (not included in all inclusive). Great selection of pool's to go and relax by as well as being close to the beach. Will be back next year!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family