We went here in April 2014 for 2 weeks with a 7 and 10 year old. We stayed in swim up room facing the beach. I'm quite selective when it comes to holidays so can also be a picky. I'll start by saying we all had an fantastic time here. It really is a great resort. Our holiday was made even better by the location of our room (2012), having the swim opposite the beach and near a bar with waiter service really made this extra special.
Pools and beach - The pools are all clean and mostly heated. There a couple of non heated pools if you fancy freezing your bits, but I bet they're refreshing in min August. Children can play in the family pool or main pool without bumping into each other. Both these pools have gradual depths and start at about 1m both also have toddler pools as well.
Food - this is always a tricky one because everyone has different tastes. Its definitely not 5*. The buffet is good, breakfast is always the same but there is a massive variety, as with lunch. I found that dinner was a little disappointing there was not enough fresh meat and fish being cooked, and what was being cooked was served in very small portions leading you to use the rest of the buffet. My biggest gripe here is that there was no seafood and very little fish. the al a carte restaurants are really good. We went to the middle eastern, Italian and the dinner twice and really enjoyed them. You have to queue from about 9.30 (depending on how busy it is) to get into the most popular one but you only queue for 40 mins max.
The beach is really nice. There is a little rocky area as you enter the water but its not that bad we didn't use beach shoes and was fine the water is amazing. The beach is man made and in several areas the sand is not deep enough meaning you may get a scrap or two. This is a big thing that I think the hotel should improve on.
Drink - I was a little disappointing here that there were not more spirits included in the all inclusive. I don't think Malibu and Schnapps (Archers) are excessive and would have expected them to be included. It seemed only Gin, Vodka, Wisky, Rum, and Bacardi where included. to me that's not all inclusive.
Entertainment - the hotel has a very small team of people (3) doing the entertainment. There are activities going on most of the day but if you don't know when and where they are you'll miss them as they don't come round asking people. i found them all a really god laugh and made our holiday more enjoyable. The evening entertainment is a little off. There is a kids show from 8ish to about 9.15 which I think it too late. The show is like watching Saturday morning TV where all the presenter have drunk too much red bull! it is aimed at 1-6 year old in my opinion which means there is nothing for the other children. For the adults the entertainment starts at 9.45 which again is to late if you do have kids. We only stayed one night so cant really comment.
Rooms - The room was spacious and set out well. We had a family room and the kids has a dividing door between the bedroom and the rest of the room. The room was clean but lacked some color and was a bit bland and minimal. we had flowers in ours as it was mothers day but otherwise there would have been no colour at all. I was very disappointed with the bathroom. It was small and had not been kept very well. Lots of bodge jobs on the tiles and looked like it needed a face lift.
Staff and Service - All the staff are obviously very friendly. We had good service from everyone but found exceptional service from a few staff members. Mainly at the club house (near the beach). Also the staff at the Tirran diner are by far the best restaurant staff in the hotel.
The resort is really relaxing, even in Easter holidays when it got a bit crowded it was still ok (although the service went down). Other than when the water aerobics are on there is no loud music around the resort. The entertainment staff are not in your face. Not matter where you decide to spend your day it will be relaxing. The jetty and and snorkeling was great, and added to the holiday.
I think the resort lacks the wow factor to be a 5 star. A lot of these things you would expect for the the price you pay. There are many many good points but I couldn't find those points that separated it or made it better than other hotels, and with the few points that let it down for me its not a 5.
I would definitely recommend it to others because it is a great resort. You do get value for money, and we did have a great time. As I said at the beginning I'm a little picky. If you are due to go here you will have a great time.
Lastly dont pay for the Thompson trips they are massively overpriced. Search on google for sinai excursions or go to the shack at the far right of the beach. We went on a few trips with them and both were fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad