“Great family holiday”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #34 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We went here in April 2014 for 2 weeks with a 7 and 10 year old. We stayed in swim up room facing the beach. I'm quite selective when it comes to holidays so can also be a picky. I'll start by saying we all had an fantastic time here. It really is a great resort. Our holiday was made even better by the location of our room (2012), having the swim opposite the beach and near a bar with waiter service really made this extra special.

Pools and beach - The pools are all clean and mostly heated. There a couple of non heated pools if you fancy freezing your bits, but I bet they're refreshing in min August. Children can play in the family pool or main pool without bumping into each other. Both these pools have gradual depths and start at about 1m both also have toddler pools as well.

Food - this is always a tricky one because everyone has different tastes. Its definitely not 5*. The buffet is good, breakfast is always the same but there is a massive variety, as with lunch. I found that dinner was a little disappointing there was not enough fresh meat and fish being cooked, and what was being cooked was served in very small portions leading you to use the rest of the buffet. My biggest gripe here is that there was no seafood and very little fish. the al a carte restaurants are really good. We went to the middle eastern, Italian and the dinner twice and really enjoyed them. You have to queue from about 9.30 (depending on how busy it is) to get into the most popular one but you only queue for 40 mins max.
The beach is really nice. There is a little rocky area as you enter the water but its not that bad we didn't use beach shoes and was fine the water is amazing. The beach is man made and in several areas the sand is not deep enough meaning you may get a scrap or two. This is a big thing that I think the hotel should improve on.

Drink - I was a little disappointing here that there were not more spirits included in the all inclusive. I don't think Malibu and Schnapps (Archers) are excessive and would have expected them to be included. It seemed only Gin, Vodka, Wisky, Rum, and Bacardi where included. to me that's not all inclusive.

Entertainment - the hotel has a very small team of people (3) doing the entertainment. There are activities going on most of the day but if you don't know when and where they are you'll miss them as they don't come round asking people. i found them all a really god laugh and made our holiday more enjoyable. The evening entertainment is a little off. There is a kids show from 8ish to about 9.15 which I think it too late. The show is like watching Saturday morning TV where all the presenter have drunk too much red bull! it is aimed at 1-6 year old in my opinion which means there is nothing for the other children. For the adults the entertainment starts at 9.45 which again is to late if you do have kids. We only stayed one night so cant really comment.

Rooms - The room was spacious and set out well. We had a family room and the kids has a dividing door between the bedroom and the rest of the room. The room was clean but lacked some color and was a bit bland and minimal. we had flowers in ours as it was mothers day but otherwise there would have been no colour at all. I was very disappointed with the bathroom. It was small and had not been kept very well. Lots of bodge jobs on the tiles and looked like it needed a face lift.

Staff and Service - All the staff are obviously very friendly. We had good service from everyone but found exceptional service from a few staff members. Mainly at the club house (near the beach). Also the staff at the Tirran diner are by far the best restaurant staff in the hotel.

Overall

The resort is really relaxing, even in Easter holidays when it got a bit crowded it was still ok (although the service went down). Other than when the water aerobics are on there is no loud music around the resort. The entertainment staff are not in your face. Not matter where you decide to spend your day it will be relaxing. The jetty and and snorkeling was great, and added to the holiday.

I think the resort lacks the wow factor to be a 5 star. A lot of these things you would expect for the the price you pay. There are many many good points but I couldn't find those points that separated it or made it better than other hotels, and with the few points that let it down for me its not a 5.

I would definitely recommend it to others because it is a great resort. You do get value for money, and we did have a great time. As I said at the beginning I'm a little picky. If you are due to go here you will have a great time.

Lastly dont pay for the Thompson trips they are massively overpriced. Search on google for sinai excursions or go to the shack at the far right of the beach. We went on a few trips with them and both were fantastic.

Room Tip: For family swim up room ask for 2012. Its at the end of the block but right in the middle of the res...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear DavenCathy,

Many thanks for your review, I am glad to read you have had a fantastic time with us.

With regards to your comments on seafood at the main buffet, we actually have “seafood night” every Saturday whereby more than 40% of the buffet contains seafood, both hot and cold dishes are available. On other nights there is at least one seafood dish whilst 8 nights of the 14 day rotation plan there are also seafood items available at one of the live cooking stations.

Unfortunately Malibu and Archers must be imported and all imported alcohols are subject to minimum 300% import tax, which is the reason we cannot include imported spirits within the all inclusive as it would significantly affect the cost of the holiday. Where possible we seek and provide local premium alternatives to include with the all inclusive concept.

I am sorry that you did not feel that we reached the five star standard but again I am glad you have ultimately enjoyed your holiday. Thank you also for you willingness to recommend us to others.

There are newer reviews for Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I chose this hotel as the destination for our Honeymoon in April 2014 and it delivered on all aspects. I got in touch with the on site Sensatori team (Abbie Bennett) to arrange flowers in the room on arrival - and not only did we receive a beautiful tropical arrangement but a personal letter from the manager of the hotel offering us benefits of honeymooners including a Room service honeymooners breakfast which was fantastic. Having travelled with Thomson to Sharm before (& thoroughly enjoyed that experience) I knew I was on fairly safe ground when booking here but the one thing that raised our Sensatori experience to the next level was the exceptional staff service and this was typified by our welcome with a cold towel, friendly reception staff, welcome letter & speedy check in.
The Room: We had a Jacuzzi room so each afternoon enjoyed a warm bubbly end to a hot day on the beach or next to the pool. The room itself was spacious with the biggest bed I've ever slept in, a TV with plenty of English Movie channels, mood lighting in the bathroom was a nice touch but as others have commented on you don't appear to be able to switch it off!
The Food: We had no problem booking the a la cartes but you did have to plan your stay by booking two or three days in advance. Fountain View good at lunch and dinner, I tried the different stations Asian, Curry & Pasta with plenty of choice for those with a varied pallet, breakfast as well was top notch - the omelette station and pancake/waffles quickly became my staple two course breakfast. The Casa Bianca Italian restaurant was my favorite dinner destination presentation of food and service was exemplary. You get offered water then wine and the breads come out in a plentiful basket before a starter, and the mood is set to the music of a live guitarist. The Tiran: is good for the burgers/ hotdogs and fries in the day or becomes a romantic beach side destination with mexican dishes added in the evening. We didn't try any of the other restaurants but possibly would have if our stay had been longer than 7 days.
Drinks: Well you are in Egypt - the local beer is passable and refreshing when served by Ahmed on the beach, or brought to you by the pool. The wine I preferred the white to the red and found it good with any meal. But probably the best touch was the champagne in the lobby bar between 7pm & 8pm - the guys up there work tirelessly Saied & the 3 Mohameds always welcomed you whether it was for a sprite in the morning, a beer in the afternoon, Champagne in the evening or late night cocktail the speed of service and warm welcome was always the same.
The Entertainment: We went to the shows at 9.45pm three times, the hotel show team did a wickedly broadway show which we both liked and a passable Beatles hour on another evening, but the best by far was the Whitney Houston tribute act - you could close your eyes and the legendary Diva was for an instant brought back to life.
Activities: We did the 007 boat trip (from the hotel jetty) for snorkeling round the reefs, the trip to Soho for that all important shopping & a pint at the Queen Vic and we also had a go at the Archery - all very good.
All in all it was a lovely relaxing destination for our honeymoon - we did pay that bit extra but you are rewarded with a personalized service second to none. Will we be back - well at least I hope so if not to this Sensatori we may well try another!!

Room Tip: I think the Jacuzzi rooms with a sea view are well worth the upgrade, yes you are on the first floor...
2  Thank Phillip N

Dear Phillip N,

Thank you for choosing Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh to spend your honeymoon. It was an honour for us to share your memories with you and I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again, or if you try another Sensatori destination next time I hope you equally enjoy your holiday there.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The weather was great, food average, service inconsistent, we did though that the quality staff we met did not expect a tip every time they bought us a drink, a refreshing change! Comfortable sun beds, still spaces if you get down even at 8.30am, just wish the parents could control their screaming kids.

Room Tip: If you are adults only use the separate adult only areas, trying to book the speciality restaurants...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SomersetCCC

Dear Brian L,

Thank you for your feedback although I feel sorry to read that you found the food average and the service inconsistent. We do our utmost to deliver in these areas especially and continually strive to improve.

I hope that overall you have enjoyed your holiday with us.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed for a week at Easter... The whole hotel is run so well that our holiday went so quickly it seemed to be over in a flash. The holiday was so enjoyable, but most of all stress free... The food is excellent, the drinks were plentiful, the staff are top class. All in all a great week and will return in a flash... A special mention to all the staff who work tirelessly to make sure you have a great holiday... Well done sensatori....

Room Tip: We upgraded to a deluxe double which was well kept beautifully... room 3227 which was nice and quie...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear WiltshireJason,

Thank you for your review, I am glad you have enjoyed your week away over Easter and I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Having read the reviews I was expecting a bit more than we got at this expensive hotel. The rooms were begining to look tired especially the bathroom. I didnt rate the cocktails at all I thought they were done very cheaply and was disappointed that you could only have sparkling wine between 7 and 8pm!!!

Our room was in the adults only part of the hotel and was very convenient for the adults pool but as usual you had to be up early to get a sunbed. I will say that the staff were all very helpful and friendly both around the hotel and in the restaurants. My favourite was the italian but the egyptian and the american were both ok and worth a visit, we did not visit the two you had to pay for.

Room Tip: Book an adults only one if you are not travelling with children and i am not sure the swim up rooms...
1  Thank BeverlyC60

Dear BeverleyC60,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am sorry that you felt the rooms were starting to look tired. We actually have a renovation program in place to restore all rooms to their original condition, which includes tiling and grouting in the bathroom. This is an ongoing program which will include all rooms in the hotel.

The cocktails are made using premium local spirits and can be adjusted according to personal preference by request. Sparkling wine is not included within the all inclusive package. However, we offer it daily for pre-dinner drinks for free to add a little extra for our guests to enjoy.

I hope that despite the points you have raised you have enjoyed your stay overall.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Our 3rd visit as a family to the hotel. Food, facilities, staff all fab. Return guest rewarf scheme very good. My 6yr old loves the sleepover run by thomson kids club. Will return. Snorkelling is so beautiful and pool areas are excellent. Downfall is queing to book restaurant reservations.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Lydia R,

Thank you very much for your review and your support. I am glad you enjoyed the snorkeling and the kids’ club, but sorry you weren’t happy about the restaurant reservation system. It is the fairest system we have found to give each guest an equal opportunity to reserve a table. Whilst some people have been known to start to queue early, the queues are usually gone within 10-15 minutes of the booking terminals opening and often with many spaces still available. Furthermore, whether with the machines or with one of our staff taking reservations, there must be prior reservation to allow organization and this surely means queuing.

Thank you once again and I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Cannot fault this hotel and its amazing staff..... Had a wonderful swim up room in adult section could'nt have been more perfect..... We only ate in the fountain restaurant as the food was amazing and the chefs were so good at what they did, amazing curry at lunchtime!!!!!! and omlettes cooked to your choice at breakfast.....beautiful weather not a cloud in the sky.... dreaming of still being there... Cant wait to go back.......

Room Tip: Adult section a must for couples

Dear Linda S,

Many thanks for your excellent review and kind words about our staff and chefs. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon, please let me know if I could be of assistance.