“4th time and still fabulous”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #34 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was our 4th visit to Sensatori and each visit has been wonderful so much so that we stayed for 3 weeks this time. The food was great and seldom repeated during our stay. Marhaba remains our favourite with the staff making helpful suggestions on what to try. All of the staff are amazingly friendly and efficient and we have never found it necessary to tip to get good service on a regular basis. As we experienced the great storm we were very impressed by the efforts made to restore normality as quickly as possible, we were especially impressed by the staff and management up on the roofs during the storm trying to prevent damage. All of the restaurants are well staffed courteous and friendly, remembering our preferred drinks and this includes the pool bars. We enjoyed the entertainment particularly Hayley and Audley. We are looking forward to our next stay and would like to pass on our good wishes to all the staff for making our holiday such a relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: We particularly liked the rooms on 22 teens by the activity pool which have good access to the slope...
1  Thank jill f
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear jill f,

Thank you very much for your comments but especially for your continued support. It is lovely to read you enjoyed your stay once again and I hope we can welcome you for a fifth visit soon.

There are newer reviews for Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I'd been wanting to try the "Sensatori" experience for ages so was very excited when we finally got round to booking this week's break, with a swim up room overlooking the beach. I'd been to a couple of other great hotels in Sharm and so had a benchmark of what good hotels are like in this resort and I was expecting the Sensatori hotel to beat them for "wow" factor

Unfortunately, the wow factor is definitely missing from this hotel from the moment you arrive...in fact when the taxi dropped us off I had to double check he had brought us to the right place....very unimpressive approach to the hotel (and outside the hotel grounds it is like a deserted wasteland) and a small reception lobby

We were taken to our room, and then realized we had been given twin beds instead of the double we had booked. We also had the Tiran restaurant kitchen right outside our room, which rather blocked the lovely sea/beach view we had been hoping for.

We were unfortunate to experience the worst rain storm Egypt has seen in about 20 years on our 3rd day and full credit to the hotel staff who worked tirelessly to get things back up and running again as smoothly and quickly as possible, despite the amount of water damage throughout the hotel.

Food in the Fountain restaurant was good, at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Excellent choice, something for everybody. The Italian a la carte was nice, so was the Middle Eastern. We paid extra for the Stonegrill which was an ok meal but not sure it was worth paying £40 for the 2 of us.

Hotel grounds were clean and tidy. Staff were efficient and friendly. In fact everything was just "ok" but I was expecting more from Sensatori and if I was going back to Sharm I'd probably not go back - there are better hotels (the Renaissance for starters)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Narwichboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review but sorry to read that you have not felt the “wow factor” during your stay with us.

The faults with your room could have been easily remedied, if reported. With regards to the area surrounding the hotel, this unfortunately is not owned by us and we do not have permissions to build or modify the area.

I hope in spite of the comments you have made you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I read the reviews before we went, the majority are excellent, some are less so. To be honest we were skeptical, especially since it was our first time in Sharm el Sheikh and first at an all inclusive resort. We needn't have been concerned we had an absolutely wonderful vacation. The excellent reviews are so very true. The staff are wonderful every single one of them. The food was great as was the choice of restaurants. We loved both the Middle Eastern and the American Diner. Our room was spacious and comfortable, the beds were just so fab and so big. I really do think you would have to be really picky to find fault. Many people we spoke to were repeat guests, that has to prove something. I really didn't think I would be saying this but we certainly would consider a return visit.

11  Thank Brian T
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear BriNig,

Thank you for your comments, I am glad we made your first experience of an all inclusive and first visit to Sharm el Sheikh an enjoyable one and very happy that you are considering becoming one of our returning guests. If you have any special requests for your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just got back from our 2nd stay at this hotel and the third is soon to come.
Arrived on the Sunday night to rain, lighting e.t.c, this was my 5th time in Sharm, 6th for my wife and its the first time I have ever seen rain.
The roads were like rivers but I think the locals were just as shocked as we were, anyway, swiftly collected bags, met by travco reps in the terminal (travco work for Thomson inside the terminal) they escorted us to the waiting bus were our bags were loaded on the coach.
Arrived at the hotel in around 15 minutes, greeted and booked in swiftly, yes there was major rain issues all around the hotel but this in no way affected our service, the staff were as always amazing.
Went straight to the fountain view buffet restaurant for a late supper which had been left on for our arrival, came out from this to be met by a member of staff and taken to our room, there was a small amount of water which had obviously come in through the doors but seriously not enough to bother to call anyone, woke the next morning after an amazing sleep (the beds are like dream machines), we had booked a family swim up room for me and my wife, right down by the beach, location amazing, gave it the old English walk out on the balcony expecting to see monsoon damaged hotel, but oh no, I think the hotel had called in the A-team to help, there were staff sweeping / mopping, gardening it was like a scene from Egypt's 60 minute make over, the ceiling had come down in the fountain view in 2 places due to the floods, but the staff coped so well and in 5 days we never saw any work men in the restaurant but every day saw a staged repair which was hilarious as I think they only came out when everyone was in bed, if that was England it would take them a month to assess the project.
Like literally all the worth while reviews on here, the staff really do make this hotel, our room cleaner was class, he built an elephant on the bed one day, my wife $hit her pants when she walked in as it was half the size of the bed, trunk and all.
The restaurant staff in fountain view were brilliant, when we stayed here last time my son was around 1yr old and was poorly, they couldn't help enough, the staff on the door were great always finding a table straight away.
The chefs are class, Ahmed, Mohammed and others all brilliant, we live on pancakes and omelettes at breakfast as they are sooooo amazingly tasty.
Now the bit that some seem unsure of, these guys get paid very little, most if not all hotel staff in egypt are paid low salaries, as mentioned before this was my 5th time in sharm 7th to Egypt (2 trips to Cairo) and everytime we visit here I always tip the staff who do a service for you, barmen, pool guys, drinks waiters, cleaner...We tend to drop the drinks waiters $1 every time they bring us a drink, the best thing is its in no way expected by them, but they appreciate it, the fountain view has a box by the main doors (don't touch the box) give any tips to the staff on the door, they will put it in the box and its split between them all.
We gave approx 200 Egypt pounds 100 mid week 100 end of week, which over a week and split between all of the staff isn't much at all.
Go into the little shop (first on left) in hotel by piano bar, the bloke who runs it is hilarious, he like most of the staff love English banter, make an effort to speak to them in their own language, we english always expect everyone to speak English, they love it if you involve in their language, buy a travel language book, but if your not sure stick to the basics as their language is quite complex and doesn't work like English don't try and improvise as you could say something offensive very easily.
The beach has a rake of sunbeds so never short, the beach to the left of the jetty (past the playground) tends to be the quieter side.
Stone grill is ace, we had to go twice in the week, have the fillet steak :).
One suggestion to the hotel, as repeat visitors we were given a wrist band on arrival which gave us discounted spa treatments, al a carte restaurants, free wifi all around the hotel, photo from Kodak shop, however after a day or so I noticed a lot of people with no wristbands, when I asked why I found out it was only the repeat visitors that got them, why don't you get some brown leather bracelets which repeat visitors can buy instead of the plastic ones and offer a sensatori charm to clip on it showing repeat visits, so every visit you get another charm, least its something to keep and you can also remove it whilst sunbathing or when needed, I got a white mark left on my arm when I took it off thanks to the beautiful sharm sunshine :)
I over heard a lady stating how she had stayed in nicer 5 stars, these people annoy me, if you want unrivalled luxury, with every prim and proper detail looked after, I believe the four seasons is the place, how ever, it's around 3 times the price and I don't personally see what they can offer that the sensatori can't.
I have been studying the Arabic language for 2 years and use Sharm visits as a sort of live learning lesson, the staff help me with my vocabulary, we will now be making the sensatori our base hotel as it really has everything you can want and more, teen room for the older kids, the nursery for the young ones is great (very high standards of care), adult area, kids play ground (under cover).
Wrapping up, top hotel, top staff, minimal Russians ;) nothing against them in small groups, but some hotels in sharm will favour large parties, a trick I use when looking at hotel reviews is to sort by language 1st, this hotel has 80% English, but the quiet relaxed type, not the I'm going to drink as much as I can and embarrass myself type...
BOOK THIS HOTEL, you will love it, see you in July

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WickywackyWoo

Dear WickywackyWoo,

Many thanks for your excellent review and your support also. The storm, as you have mentioned, was indeed a shock to us. Although rain was predicted we could never have predicted the severity of the rain or indeed the effect it would have to the hotel and all over the city. We worked hard to restore the hotel back to pristine condition whilst not affecting guests or guest services, thank you for your patience during this time and your recognition of the hard work.

Thank you also for your suggestion on a new style of wristband, we will look into this. I look forward to welcoming you again in July for your third visit, if I could help with anything please let me know.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Hotel accommodation was perfect, choice of restaurants to eat in-tried them all and they were all very good. Staff polite and very eager to help, friendly and very attentive.
The cleaners are fantastic, rooms cleaned well and tea/coffee facilities replenished everyday and they do some fab towel art-you couldn't pat these guys enough!
The whole complex was nice, my partner and I had a lovely week in the sun, just what we needed to recharge our batteries!!

Room Tip: We has a whirlpool family room, the swim up rooms are great too.
3  Thank Sue A

Dear Sue A,

Many thanks for your feedback on your recent week away. To be referred to as “perfect” is better than anyone could have asked for, a very high praise I would be delighted to share with my team and thank them for their efforts.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. From the time that we arrived to when we left we were treated like royalty. Even though we arrived after the hotel had been through a lot of rain damaged and they were working 24/7 to get it back to normal. We were shown to our jacuzzi room which was beautifully decorated in creams & browns. A lovely very comfy high bed with lots of pillows. Spotlessly clean and with a lovely sea facing view. The only thing I would say is that they are not very private, as you see quite clearly into each other's balconies, so be careful what you wear to go onto yours.
The whole hotel is constantly being cleaned, being kept to a very high standard,to even having fresh rose petals in water jars in the public toilets.
There were plenty of comfy sun beds all with shade. You are shown to your choice of beds by the pool attendants who also put clean towels on the beds for you and will turn the beds to whatever direction you ask. There is constant pool bar service, they bring you bottles of water, bowls of fruit, packets of crisps and any other drink you ask for. The best thing is the peace and quite around the pool, just the soft gentle background music.
We have been to many AL hotels, 5* but this on another level! The entertainment is so professional, even when they have to make do with no theatre, due to rain damage, but it only took a week to get it up and running again and boy was it worth waiting for.
The hotel is not near anywhere so be prepared to stay in the grounds, not that you need to go off the site.
The food is excellent, you have so much choice it takes ages to choice, but whatever you have is good.
I could go on & on about this hotel but all I will say is that it is brilliant .

Room Tip: Block 1 is sea facing with ground floor having the swim up rooms and floors 2&3 jacuzzi rooms.
1  Thank AnneWirral

Dear AnneWirral,

Thank you very much for your excellent review on your week’s holiday at Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh. It is especially nice to read that we have impressed you when compared to other 5* all inclusive resorts you have visited.

The hotel has a small shopping area within walking distance and is centrally located between Nabq Bay and Naama Bay for those wishing to venture out. We aim to provide everything on site so there is no need to leave if you do not wish to, but if you do visit the local area it is only a short taxi ride away.

I am glad overall you have enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Room 3143 March 13th - 20th 2014.........holidaying with another couple.

This was our third visit to the Sensatori, and certainly it was as wonderful this time as our first visit three years ago. A few good minor changes, extra seating in some bars, wheels on the sunbeds round the pool and new type beer glasses to help keep beer a bit cooler.

But the one thing that keeps this hotel above all others, is the superb quality of service.

ROOM 3143 adult section swim up room...... definately seemed to be a lot of new stuff in there, and our room boys kept it absolutely spotless. Great service. 10/10

FOUNTAIN VIEW RESTAURANT........Most of the time we ate in this restaurant, as the buffet style suited us, with plenty of time to eat and try all the different food available. Loads of pre- cooked foods available but with lots of cooking stations for freshly cooked food to suit. (any pasta freaks out there, you must try Mohammed's spaghetti bolognase cooked exactly as you want. It is to die for!!!!!)

MARHABA EGYPTION RESTAURANT.....One meal here, our waiter suggested a mixed starter for everyone to try, followed by choice of mains. Great service and wonderful food.

STONE GRILL RESTAURANT.....One meal here, absolutely wonderful meal. Superb service by impeccable staff in romantic surroundings. There is a supplement to eat here but well worth the extra for a special evening.... BUT BEWARE WINE IS NOT INCLUDED AT THIS RESTAURANT, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR IT!!!!

TIRAN AMERICAN STYLE DINER....One lunch here, burger and chip type meal, right on the beach, great for lunch, great service and lovely meal.

PIANO BAR....A must for a pre-dinner cocktail or after dinner drink. Ahmed and all his team will ensure a great evening. Light entertainment generally, but due to bad weather causing problems in the theatre, a lot of the shows had to be held in the piano bar. Cosy to say the least!

BEACH BAR NEXT THE ADULT SECTION.... Most days visited here on the way back after a hard day lying by the pool. Great for a cup of tea in the shade!! Mohammed and his team so polite, nothing too much trouble.

MAIN POOL AREA... loads of comfortable sun beds, never a shortage while we were there. They have now fitted wheels on the sun beds to allow you to move them about easier, which keeps the noise down when people move them to track the sun. Plenty of great pool service, with our waiter Ramy calling on us every 20 minutes or so. Usual story with sun beds, if you want to sit somewher in particular, you will have to be up about by about 8ish, but if you're not bothered, and rock up after breakfast, there are still plenty to go round.

All in all another fabulous week at this well run hotel. As you go through your visit you will make friends with all the staff. Everyone is polite, well mannered and absolutely impeccably turned out.

We were usually given the same table for breakfast in the Fountain View for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Usually greeted by a smiling Enas, served by our favourite waiters Mohammed and Mustafa, all there to make our meal times a happy and trouble free experience. Definately 10/10.

As mentioned before, this was our third visit here and for us ticks all the boxes. For a week of sitting by the pool and relaxing and charging your batteries, we don't think this hotel can be beaten.

POOR POINTS ....HAVING TO PAY 22.00 FOR A MEDIOCRE BOTTLE OF WINE IN THE STONE GRILL RESTAURANT.. COME ON SENSATORI, YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS!!

TOWELS ON THE SUN BEDS COULD DO WITH BEING BIGGER, SO TAKE AN EXTRA TOWEL WITH YOU FOR THE BOTTOM HALF OF YOUR SUN BED.

AIR CON IN THE ROOMS A BIT NOISY, EVEN ON LOWEST SETTINGS!

As an added point, use the hand cleansing gel at all the restaurants before and after eating. We have never had the slightest hint of a bad stomach in all our visits.

Everyone works so hard to ensure a good time, so we found tipping little and often to show your appreciation, works for us.

Well done Sensatori, another fabulous holiday. God willing, we will be back.

John Stafford

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a swim up, just wonderful to sit on the balcony and then just flop over the s...
2  Thank janetandjohn190737

Dear janetandjohn190737,

Thank you for your review and your continued support of our hotel. Your review is very informative and I’m sure many future guests will find it very helpful. Thank you also for raising the minor negative points, these will be looked into.

I look forward to welcoming you for your fourth visit, please let me know if I can help with anything.