“Fantastic Christmas and New a Year”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #33 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Glasgow, Scotland
“Fantastic Christmas and New a Year”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I are just back from the Sensatori Sharm where we spent Christmas and New Year, and from the carol singing on Christmas Eve to the New year party we had a ball.
Firstly I appreciate from some reviews that the rooms need some attention ( as far as I'm aware that is starting soon) but it is the staff that make this hotel stand out from any other.

fountain View restaurant, a Very big thank you to Emad, Zac and Taha and all waiters ( especially Fady) you are all fantastic. The New Year Gala buffet was outstanding totally amazing (chefs take a bow well done)

Gokan Restaurant , great food ( even though this is an extra charge a la carte) and it's manager Islam what a professional

Italian and Middle eastern restaurants were really good and always busy although we had no problems booking them

Pool bar , Ahmed ( Sheko) you are a true legend! But every member of staff makes you feel welcome and they never stop smiling even after the long hours they all work

We were there last year for New Year but the hotel outdid themselves this year, from the champagne flowing from 6pm,the outstanding gala buffet, the magnificently decorated theatre party, guys take a bow it was spectacular! All the other guests we spoke to said the same and we will definitely going back for it again this year.

It amazes me with so many people there how clean the hotel is always kept from the pool areas to the grounds,and the bedrooms.(the beds are spectacular wish I could bring one home.)

We love it that much we are returning in Febuary to chill out this time and can't wait. So guys take a bow you are all fantastic.

Room Tip: We had an ordinary room 2209 ground floor lovely terrace and 30seconds walk to the pool, but very qu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Andi8,

Many thanks for your comments and also for highlighting those members of staff who helped to make your holiday special. I am very proud of all my team and the efforts each and every one of them make on a daily basis. We work hard together to deliver the best services to our guests and it is the appreciation from feedback like yours that keep us all going. Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back again next month. Please let me know in case I could be of any assistance.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,281)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Myself and my partner (both 31) spent Christmas here this year. Neither of us having been to Egypt before we were a little bit nervous but the reviews on here reassured us before travelling. We normally go to the Carribean but as we were only away for a week we thought we'd give Egypt a go.

The holiday was not cheap and so I have to take this into account when writing my review. I have had a look at prices for other times of the year and although it is probably a few hundred pounds cheaper if not travelling at Christmas I still think you pay a lot to stay at the Sensatori whatever time of year it is. We would definitely return but the price would have to be right - I can't help but think we would find a hotel that offered us the same but for less money. Having said that you've only take a walk down the beach to the right of the hotel and the hotels down there are not a patch on the Sensatori and reassured us that we'd made the right choice - they were full of Russians and playing loud music from the beach bar - not what we wanted!
I won't repeat what others have said but if you want a relaxing break away with great weather, service and food then this is the place for you.

As a young couple we were left wanting a little more from the entertainment/bars but at the end of the day that's what the sensatori hotels offer - relaxation, not raving nightlife. The entertainment was not what we'd been led to believe but maybe we'd just gone on a week where it wasn't as good. We like to sit at the bar on holiday and get chatting to people and we didn't have the chance to do this here as there isn't really a bar to sit at - everywhere is waiter service and as soon as you're seated they serve you with the drink of your choice. Also with the resort being so big there wasn't really any intimate area you could sit and get chatting to people. There seemed to be a lot of families here due to the time of year but there was also a lot of young couples that we saw during the day - but come the night time they seemed to disappear! The waiters here really are fantastic, my only complain would be, as the hotel is predominantly English ( we only saw a couple of French/Italian guests) their 'alright mate' fake cockney accent can get quite annoying and by the end of the week I'd had enough of a certain waiter in the lobby bar, who also began to ask for 'change' ie he wanted a tip which I found really rude!!! But everywhere else the staff were very friendly - the best being Mohammed who brought our drinks up to our swim up room from 10am onwards.

I would highly recommend the swim up rooms. I was disappointed not to get one in the adult area when we booked but the sea view swim ups in my opinion are situated in a much better location and they had the sun from sun rise to about 3pm. There is a promenade that is between them and the beach so I have read comments about their privacy but it wasn't an issue for us and if you did want to sit at the beach you were just by your room which was handy! My only complain about the rooms would be that some of the swim ups had an open balcony area and some like ours had a wall which took up nearly half of the balcony. I'm sure if we'd have asked to move rooms we could have as we saw a couple of people doing this but I didn't feel that we should have to complain and move rooms once we have unpacked but if you have got a swim up you should ask for one with an open balcony to truly get the most of it. When you pay for an upgraded room I feel they should all be the same and had we been there for 2 weeks I think we would have asked to be moved. Also given the price we paid and the way sensatori is promoted I was let down by the bathroom - the design is not right, the bath is not that big and to be honest when you go away to a hot place do you really want a hot bath when you've been sat out in the sun all day - a freestanding shower would be much better and why there is a window in the bathroom right by the shower is a mystery to me. You turn on the shower and it goes all over the window - which is subsequently going mouldy. As the hotel is around 3 now I think the bathrooms are certainly in need of some attention. Having said that it's the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in but again you compare it to the way sensatori is advertised and the price you've paid. We also booked a double room and were given twin beds!!! Just little things like this that niggle me - again I'm sure if I'd have asked to have a double room we would've been moved but I don't see why I should have to - it should've been right on arrival.

Worth a visit definitely if you want a relaxing, quiet holiday.

Room Tip: sea view swim ups
4 Thank fiona l
Dear fiona l,

Thank you for your comprehensive review on your week away, I am glad that overall you enjoyed your holiday.

All your comments mentioned have been noted down. Regarding the staff, all our staff members are trained to be polite and friendly, use of offensive accents, rudeness and asking for tips is totally unacceptable. I wish you had brought this to our attention while in resort so we could have known the specific person responsible for this. However, it is being investigated and action will be taken.

Thank you again and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. In case of re-booking please feel free to direct any special requests to me and I will personally do my best to make sure you are happy with your allocated room.

Liverpool
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Visited end of nov 2013 for a week, got to say was nervous about going to Egypt with some of the reviews that I had read about hassle etc, but it was the most relaxing holiday. No hassle. Pure indulgence. The room was spacious and clean and the bed comfy. The resort was very clean and tidy with staff working around the clock. The attention to detail was noted. The staff was friendly and very helpful (genuine).
The food was delicious and we had no complaints with stomach upset, although we did have to use the gym (which is modern, clean, well air conditioned with gorgeous views of the beach and sea) often due to our gluttony!
Would definitely recommend. Can't really comment on anything other then this as we did not venture out, definitely helped with our winter blues! And we had no real problems with Mosquitos either.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 26Kates87
Dear 26Kates87,

Thank you for your review and recommendation, I am pleased that we were able to make your first visit to Egypt a great experience and dispel all your worries. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again someday as our returning guests.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

On arrival hotel appearance very disappointing looked like a prison camp.

Our room was very cold no heating in hotel because our room was in the shade, also bad smell in bathroom maybe because our room was not cleaned 3 times.

We did not like the buffet restaurant as it was like a works canteen so luckily we were able to book al la cartes for evening dinner.

Drinks were always brought to you where ever sunbed, or in bars, but beware if you order from drinks menu you could be paying for the drinks you can have for free, drinks poor quality.

Entertainment was very good, and varied. The comedians first week were excellent second week very poor and didn't appreciate the very bad language the c word not necessary children in the room.

A special thank you to guest relations who were exceptional on my wife's 60th birthday I took banners and balloons they got up early and decorated our patio my wife was surprised a very special thank you to Melissa and sorry don't know her name the blonde lady in guest relations.

I had to pay cleaner to decorate bed, and the al la carte we went to in the evening didn't recognize my wife's 60th birthday not even a petal on the table or a glass of champagne big disappointment.

Beware on booking extra leg room at hotel its a con we paid £25 extra and got worse seats then we had already booked and paid for.

Don't feel this hotel is all inclusive you have to pay for your fridge to be filled, even to use indoor pool etc.

Room Tip: cold rooms
5 Thank robertHants
Dear robertsHants,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

All rooms in the hotel are cleaned daily. The only circumstances in which a room is not cleaned is when there was a request for no service or the do not disturb sign is lit. The button to light the “do not disturb” light is located above the bedside table and on occasion is accidentally activated by the guest, which would result in no service that day.

Most drinks at the hotel can be served within the all inclusive package, but due to high taxes imported alcohols are chargeable extras. Any extras above the all inclusive is stated in writing and often verbally notified on ordering as well. There are many factors that were taken into account when creating the all inclusive package and everything that is included is of the highest quality possible.

With regards to paying the cleaner to decorate for your wife’s birthday, I am sorry you felt this necessary. Many guests have celebrated special occasions at the hotel and when known the housekeeping staff (and all staff) do their utmost to make the day as amazing as possible without being tipped.

I feel sorry for your disappointments you have mentioned but hope that overall you enjoyed your holiday.

Consett, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just returned from a wonderful 2 week winter break with my husband and found the hotel to be very clean and the general facilities and layout first class over all. Our room was lovely clean and spacious and thoroughly cleaned daily. The grounds and pools very clean and safe. The beach was lovely and beds comfortable.
My only concern in our room was the very small bath and shower where you had to climb in and out of to use the shower, dangerous and hazardous in my opinion , I would recommend to be on the priority list for re design when the complex starts to update shortly as there is plenty of space in the bathroom to have a walk in shower wet area by removing the bedet and moving things around a little!
The staff are the making of this hotel and it's best asset as they are " friendly, helpful and very accommodating in all regards" we are seasoned travellers to the Caribbean and we're not sure what to expect from Egypt but have found this experience to be very enjoyable and relaxing.
We must also mention the Sports Team Stephen Duff,Joe and Natalie - fab people! Stephen made our stay extra special as we played tennis most days and had a great time and lots of laughs!! Hope to keep to keep in touch so would like the team to have access to this review too! Archery was great fun and the guests loved this as we all felt we were coached well.
There are some staff we wish to commend " NIbbles" in the reception bar my name for a waiter / he will know who he is he was always smiling and bringing us drinks and crisps and joined in with my husbands banter and really got his humour!! But in all the level of attentativeness the staff in the piano and reception bars was excellent! The sports bar staff and beach service drinks and towels too we're first class! But I do have to agree with previous reviews the drinks are not 5 * at all and this was a great disappointment ! We were expecting at least some international brands and again we are not great drinkers either so felt the drinks were not good very weak and disappointing over all and we certainly wouldn't entertain upgrading to premium drinks at £50 per couple daily !! The holiday price was expensive enough !
The food was initially not too good but got a little better over the two weeks. We also ate a few times in the other restaurants especially the Italian which was lovely and as we like a more relaxed and informal dining experience ate in the Fountain / things need to pick up here to bring it up to 5* all the time!! The Christmas Eve celebration in the Fountain was 5* and first class well done to the chefs and team, this should be the level to aim for all the time obviously I don't mean all the art work etc.
Again all the waiters in the restaurants were attentive and hard working and very friendly too.
Coates Family

Room Tip: Beach front views excellent
Dear Silvia C,

Thank you for your feedback on your first experience of Egypt and Sensatori, I am really glad that overall you have enjoyed your winter getaway.

Thank you also for your suggestion on the remodeling of the bathrooms. We have in place currently a renovation program throughout the hotel to restore each room and bathroom to its original condition. Walk in showers are additionally included within the larger rooms, for example the suites and other rooms.

The drinks included within the all inclusive cannot include internationally branded drinks due to the extremely high import taxes imposed, however the drinks provided are the highest quality locally sourced alcohol available.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our first time at Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh, staying 5th December to 16th, but our second time in the area, and despite a few days of unusually bad weather (snow in Cairo) we enjoyed it very much. The Sensatori had a calm tranquil feel to it. We were very impressed with all aspects of the hotel, especially the friendly staff (a special mention to Ahmed who served us so happily each day by the pool). We had booked just a basic room, on high floor, and this exceeded expectations with jacuzzi bath, mood lighting, clean room and very comfy bed. We hardly heard any noise during the 11 days we were there. Our room was at the back of block 1, overlooking the tennis courts, and the Baron Court prettily lit shops.

Speciality restaurants were easy to book, and the Italian rapidly became our favourite. Plenty of selection even in the Fountain View for everyone.

We had not expected to go to the evening entertainment, but it was very good. They have a talented team, and then fly specialist act in from the UK. Again, the bar staff are excellent remembering the drinks we'd had the night before, even when we sat in a completely different area! Just amazing.

Snorkelling off the pier was wonderful, with so many different types of fish, and corals. Even if you didn't snorkel, fish could be seen popping out from under the pier. The two lion fish were just lovely.

We had one trip to the Spa and that was run extremely well also.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms at the front of block 1 have stunning views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Sue R
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Sue R,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us last month. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your first visit to Sensatori, despite the unusual weather conditions which other guests might use as a reason to downgrade their evaluation of the hotel as if we are to blame. Thank you also for your special mention of Ahmed, which shall surely be conveyed.

I hope we are able to welcome you again soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Another fantastic holiday, a room with a view and a Jacuzzi for those champaigne sunsets.

Its good to know that somethings stay the same, from year to year and when I dream of the fabulous beach, freindly staff who will bring me drinks throughout the day, thats what I get. I like the constant attention to detail and wish to improve on their performance all the time. When you make a comment about some problem, often its improved when you go back.

We embraced all their classes from Pilates, Yoga, Body conditioning, Water aerobics and even tried the archery. We brought our own snorkelling equipment this year to see the fabulous fish and coral. The weather was a little iffy but not their fault although there is no wet weather programme here and the Thompsons reps were hopeless and incorrect when approached for information about what to do. It is always windy here so you will need your jumpers in the evening. Still hot enough to come back with a fabulous tan though.

The main restaurant has an enormous selection of good food and you can always find something enjoyable to eat, no matter your taste. The other restaurants I find disappointing and certainly the non inclusive ones in my view, aren't worth going to, although we do try them again each year, but the Italian is fantastic.

If their is one irritation; its that the Jacuzzi in the spa has been broken for over a year now and they still havent fixed or replaced it and when I asked to speak to the manager about it, she never got back to me, over the two weeks I was there, to say why? Pity she doesn't have the same interest in maintaining standards as the rest of the hotel. I thought the Spa was looking a bit tired although the treatments were very good if a little short on timing!

Its the restaurant and the hotel staff that make this place for me, they are consistently freindly and welcoming and nothing is too much effort to improve your stay. The netertainment staff are good but I would like some dancng though although the entertainment is very good.

I don't normally return to hotels for second time but this is my third visit and I am already planning my fourth. PS. although their is hardly any mosquitoes here, I was eaten alive on the bus and in the airport so please cover yourself in repellent on the homeward trip, I was pickled, such a shame!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms are great with a fab view if you can afford them, but I have stayed in many of the roo...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Wanderlowe
Dear Wanderlowe,

Many thanks for your excellent review and especially for your support shown by continuing to return to our hotel. This is really appreciated and the reason we have created our repeaters’ program for our loyal guests, just a small token of our gratitude.

I am sorry you have faced the disappointment of the outdoor Jacuzzi at the spa being out of order, although I can assure you it has not been broken for over a year. However, I will investigate why you haven’t received a feedback to your complaint. Please accept my apologies in this matter and upon booking your fourth stay please let me know your booking information in order to ensure that during your next stay your spa experience will be the best to date.