“Excellent Hotel”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #32 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our first time at Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh, staying 5th December to 16th, but our second time in the area, and despite a few days of unusually bad weather (snow in Cairo) we enjoyed it very much. The Sensatori had a calm tranquil feel to it. We were very impressed with all aspects of the hotel, especially the friendly staff (a special mention to Ahmed who served us so happily each day by the pool). We had booked just a basic room, on high floor, and this exceeded expectations with jacuzzi bath, mood lighting, clean room and very comfy bed. We hardly heard any noise during the 11 days we were there. Our room was at the back of block 1, overlooking the tennis courts, and the Baron Court prettily lit shops.

Speciality restaurants were easy to book, and the Italian rapidly became our favourite. Plenty of selection even in the Fountain View for everyone.

We had not expected to go to the evening entertainment, but it was very good. They have a talented team, and then fly specialist act in from the UK. Again, the bar staff are excellent remembering the drinks we'd had the night before, even when we sat in a completely different area! Just amazing.

Snorkelling off the pier was wonderful, with so many different types of fish, and corals. Even if you didn't snorkel, fish could be seen popping out from under the pier. The two lion fish were just lovely.

We had one trip to the Spa and that was run extremely well also.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms at the front of block 1 have stunning views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue R
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Sue R,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us last month. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your first visit to Sensatori, despite the unusual weather conditions which other guests might use as a reason to downgrade their evaluation of the hotel as if we are to blame. Thank you also for your special mention of Ahmed, which shall surely be conveyed.

I hope we are able to welcome you again soon.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Write a ReviewReviews (6,684)

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Another fantastic holiday, a room with a view and a Jacuzzi for those champaigne sunsets.

Its good to know that somethings stay the same, from year to year and when I dream of the fabulous beach, freindly staff who will bring me drinks throughout the day, thats what I get. I like the constant attention to detail and wish to improve on their performance all the time. When you make a comment about some problem, often its improved when you go back.

We embraced all their classes from Pilates, Yoga, Body conditioning, Water aerobics and even tried the archery. We brought our own snorkelling equipment this year to see the fabulous fish and coral. The weather was a little iffy but not their fault although there is no wet weather programme here and the Thompsons reps were hopeless and incorrect when approached for information about what to do. It is always windy here so you will need your jumpers in the evening. Still hot enough to come back with a fabulous tan though.

The main restaurant has an enormous selection of good food and you can always find something enjoyable to eat, no matter your taste. The other restaurants I find disappointing and certainly the non inclusive ones in my view, aren't worth going to, although we do try them again each year, but the Italian is fantastic.

If their is one irritation; its that the Jacuzzi in the spa has been broken for over a year now and they still havent fixed or replaced it and when I asked to speak to the manager about it, she never got back to me, over the two weeks I was there, to say why? Pity she doesn't have the same interest in maintaining standards as the rest of the hotel. I thought the Spa was looking a bit tired although the treatments were very good if a little short on timing!

Its the restaurant and the hotel staff that make this place for me, they are consistently freindly and welcoming and nothing is too much effort to improve your stay. The netertainment staff are good but I would like some dancng though although the entertainment is very good.

I don't normally return to hotels for second time but this is my third visit and I am already planning my fourth. PS. although their is hardly any mosquitoes here, I was eaten alive on the bus and in the airport so please cover yourself in repellent on the homeward trip, I was pickled, such a shame!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms are great with a fab view if you can afford them, but I have stayed in many of the roo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderlowe

Dear Wanderlowe,

Many thanks for your excellent review and especially for your support shown by continuing to return to our hotel. This is really appreciated and the reason we have created our repeaters’ program for our loyal guests, just a small token of our gratitude.

I am sorry you have faced the disappointment of the outdoor Jacuzzi at the spa being out of order, although I can assure you it has not been broken for over a year. However, I will investigate why you haven’t received a feedback to your complaint. Please accept my apologies in this matter and upon booking your fourth stay please let me know your booking information in order to ensure that during your next stay your spa experience will be the best to date.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

our stay at the Sensatori was our first experience of fully inclusive and was fantastic.We went with my cousin and her husband to celebrate our 40th anniversary and a birthday.As my husband is shall we say a fussy eater we had concerns.These proved to be unfounded as the variety of foods on offer each mealtime was so great and he enjoyed every meal.The friendliness of every member of staff was so warm and nothing was too much trouble for them.Our room was of excellent standard and was cleaned every day and fresh linen was provided on a daily basis.All areas of the complex were immaculate including beach area.The transfer from airport to hotel and back went smoothly and quickly and our travel rep Melissa was lovely.The nightly entertainment was superb.The local wines and beers and spirits were we all found very palatable !!We will all return ASAP without hesitation.WE tipped some staff at the end of our holiday and noticed this is put into a box and is then shared out which is a fair way to do this we felt as there is so many staff who all deserved a thank you. Finally a memo to Thompson advertising people I have just watched the new advert for the sensatori hotel and found this a little confusing.My husband dived into the red sea but came out looking almost {but older} the same man I married 40 years ago not a adonis as on the advert!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank BARBARA P

Dear BARBARA P,

Congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary and thank you for choosing Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh to spend your special day. I am really pleased you have enjoyed your holiday and I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was our first holiday in Egypt and we were a little bit concerned as to what we might find but I am pleased to say we need not have worried! We booked adjoining rooms and stayed for a week over Christmas. From the moment we arrived we found the hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful. Our rooms were spotless and clean towels were left everyday. The pool area was very clean and staff were very attentive. The towel hut staff would take you to your sunbed and arrange the beds as you wanted them. The bar staff would top up your drinks as soon as they were empty. Most days we ate at the Fountain View restaurant and found a huge selection of choice and good quality food. I am vegetarian which can sometimes be a problem but there was always a selection available. Again the staff in the restaurant were always pleased to see you and were happy to help and chat with you. Great family entertainment though my children (ages 22 and 24) would have liked something a little bit more lively. We would definitely go back again - Thank you Sensatori for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear JulieE3465,

Thank you for your review and I am very happy to read that we were able to make your first experience of Egypt a pleasant one, especially at such a special time of year. Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back next time as our returning guests.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

If your thinking of booking in sharm el sheikh I would definitely recommend this hotel. Before I write anything else I wanted to say we got back yesterday and I have already been back on the Thompson website to look if we can book for next year.

The food is fantastic. We were there for Christmas and the Christmas Eve Gala dinner was very good. I have been abroad for the last five years and It's one of the best we have been to. The Moroccan restaurant was our favourite but we went in all of 5 and enjoyed all of them. The staff are amazing and what really make the resort 5 star. They literally can't do enough for you and you only have to ask for something and they go out of their way to get it for you. As you go into each dining area they have hand sanitiser and the staff keep the tables immaculately clean at lightning speed. We had no upset tummies and I think I've gained about a stone!
The entertainment is also very good with various shows on throughout the week.
Other people on our flight had complained about Mosquitos but we had no bites and I didn't see anyone in the resort with any either.
The staff are so good I am sure you will want to tip them but you never feel obliged to. They even have waiter service on the beach and it's super fast . You only have to lift your head up and someone is over asking if you need anything . In all it was a fantastic holiday thanks to all the hardworking staff who helped make our Christmas a very merry one.

Stayed: December 2013
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear lazycatie,

Thank you for your review and your recommendation. I am happy to read you have had a fantastic holiday and a very merry Christmas; I hope we are able to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just returned from sensatori by coral sea Sharm El-Sheikh. Very impressive hotel, went for 40th wedding anniversary . From 9th December to 23rd 2013. The room are cleaned to a high standard. All of the staff are very friendly, every member of staff are wonderful chatty and always big smiles on their faces. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The entertainment every night is impressive. Even though the weather was not too good the first week we did not feel bored or neglected . Definitely would go back again even though we never go to the same hotel more that once. It is definitely a resort if you want to be spoilt.the restaurants are clean, and food superb. Can't fault anything about it superb hotel, loved it there.

Room Tip: We had a room at side of hotel, near childrens area, if I went again I would pick the swim up rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jemima M

Dear Jemima M,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh to spend your wedding anniversary, It was our pleasure to enjoy your special event with you and I am glad you have had a great holiday. I look forward to welcoming you again as our returning guests.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I booked this for 4 of us. Husband and two kids aged 6 and 4 who love disco's and entertainment. Hotel overall was clean and luxurious. We had the swim up room so even better! I think this would suit couples or families with teenagers better. I have stayed in 4 star hotels which offer so much more for entertainment. Kids evening entertainment started at 8pm (not even on every night but most) and this involved playhouse live whereby 2 individuals (Ben and Anna) dance, sing and play against each other to win points! They don't really get the kids involved much and I was really disappointed at just how 'self centred' they both are. My girl needs a little encouragement at times but these guys are so concentrated on impressing each other rather than getting to know the poor kids looking up at them. Again I am just comparing to what we've had in the past but would have been nice for the entertainers to try get to know the kids and interact with them a bit more. The kids entertainment is only on for about 20 minutes and thats it! Nothing else to offer. During the day the place was dull and boring. Again no encouragement for daytime activities. We walked down the beach and other hotels had music playing and seems far livelier. This was very quiet in comparison. The only time we heard music was when the aqua lady came on for aqua aerobics which lasted about 10/15 minutes each day. The STUNNING infinity pool was always empty because it was SOOO cold!! Big shame. Drinks... again not 5 star at all. First day I asked for a Bailey's and was told this was not part of the all inclusive... I asked if there was anything similar but again I would have had to pay for it. I then asked for my favourite Mojeto cocktail. I was told this was also not part of the all inclusive deal. Red wine was all left I could stomach and even that was way too cold and wasn't over ally impressed. We chose to purchase wine and the cheapest bottle will still set you back about £30.
Next time I will research better when travelling with children. The drinks were a BIG LET DOWN and daytime and evening entertainment for young children was POOR!

Room Tip: Get a swim up room opposite beach
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Elyflyb

Dear Elyflyb,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your recent holiday. Whilst I am happy that you commented positively overall I am sorry you felt disappointed by the children’s activities and the drinks selection.

The activities for children extend beyond the evening entertainment. There is the playhouse during the day, which includes stay and play sessions where the parents can use the facilities with the child. In addition to this is the family area, including splash pool and slides, as well as the children’s playground located at the beach.

With regards to the drinks included in the all inclusive, the high import taxes imposed on internationally branded drinks means that it is impossible to include this within the package price. However, the bar staff are able to create any cocktails with locally produced spirits according to request, even if it is not included in the menu. Unfortunately Bailey’s and Mojitos both require international brands of alcohol.

Once again I apologise for your disappointment in these two aspects but hope that it did not affect your overall enjoyment of the holiday.