“So relaxing it felt like we were lazy.”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #34 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed November 10, 2013

It was our first visit to Egypt, but I can tell you it won't be our last visit to the Sensatori chain, you have to experience it to believe it. From the moment you arrive you are surrounded by something that can only be discribed as breathtaking. From the wonderful views of the coral reef and Tiran island, to the immaculately kept gardens, rooms that actually look like they are new and never been used (We had a swim up room in the adult section which I highly recommend). The staff make your stay even more relaxing, as they will do everything in there power to do everything for you. From an endless supply of drinks to fruit and crisps. The entertainment is first class from the piano bar to the theater. The food was also excellent, our favourite restaurant was the Italian, which is part of you all inclusive. In fact we never had a bad meal during our stay. Thank you Sensatori see you again real soon.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Meanie73
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Meanie73,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of your recent holiday. I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay and we were able to make your first visit to Egypt a memorable one. I look forward to welcoming you back soon as our returning guests.

There are newer reviews for Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one week with our four year old daughter, in June this year.

Where do I start ? We all had an amazing time, so much so we've booked again for next year for a fortnight !

We stayed in a family swim up suite, which was centrally located right on the beach, the suite consisted of a living area which was huge, and a large separate bedroom and bathroom, and our double sized patio opened straight into a very large shared pool.

The hotel has lots of different restaurants some of which you had to pay extra for, but well worth the money, the main restaurant, The Fountain View, was more basic, but still very nice with a huge selection of dishes, something for even the fussiest of eaters !

The hotel was spotlessly clean, with cleaners going around cleaning the complex all day, and for the squeamish amongst you, I never saw a bug the whole time, not even a Mossie, every night the staff went round and sprayed the complex.

The Sinai Theatre was good in the evenings, with kids entertainment first, with an adult show later on and the entertainment staff were excellent.

What really made our holiday though were the staff, they really do make you feel so welcome and bend over backwards to make your holiday special.

If you are in two minds wether to book here (as we were before we went) just do it, you will have the time if your life's !

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DaveLGWUK

Dear DaveLGWUK,

Many thanks for your review on your stay with us earlier this year. Thank you also for your kind comments on our staff, I am really proud of my team and the huge efforts made by them all on a daily basis. I look forward to welcoming you again next year. In case you have any special requests please let me know.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to the Sensatori Sharm. It really is a fantastic hotel. This year we went for an adult swim up pool. The last two visits we have had a whirl pool room which was lovely but nothing can beat the swim up pool - amazing.
The staff are wonderful and are so helpful. An example of this was in the Fountain Restaurant outside at breakfast. I drink mint tea and on many occasions the waiter supplied actual mint which was lovely - so thoughtful. The restaurants at the hotel are good. Our favourite is the Gorkan which is excellent especially if you like Asian food.. The Tiran is just like an American diner - great. The Fountain Restaurant is the main buffet restaurant with a variety of foods - everyone could find something to eat there. The chefs are lovely and really do like you to complement their food. We went to all the restaurants while staying at the Sensatori. The Italian was good, once again amazing and helpful staff. The Marhaba was good especially if you like spicy food. The staff are so helpful especially if you are not sure what to eat off the menu, they will help. The stone Grill is an experience not to be missed.
The staff are amazing especially our wonderful cleaner Mohamed - he was always so cheerful and helpful. I wish I could remember some of the other great staff. Nothing is too much trouble.
The hotel is run by a manager Mr Shaarawi who we had the pleasure of meeting. We had some great discussions with him about Egypt etc. How lovely of him to take time out to speak to us.
The rooms are lovely with mood lightening and lovely Sensatori mood music which all added to this amazing experience.
We love this hotel so much we have booked to return in December for a week just before Christmas.
Keep up the great work Sensatori. Looking forward to seeing you all in 4 weeks!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear JudySherlock,

Thank you a lot for leaving your review on TripAdvisor, but thank you especially for your continued support of our hotel. It was my pleasure to meet you both and I look forward to welcoming you again next month. I have already put a trace on your booking and will do my utmost to ensure your special requests are met.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed at the Sensatori in late Oct / Nov and like most reviewers thought the Hotel was superb , it is marketed as Sensatori Spa Hotel but in essence its a very lardge well appointed Hotel with available Spa facilities but it is not what I consider to be a tranquil Spa Hotel. During our stay the Hotel was packed with young families who utalised the main pool area with the usual hussle and bussel of the family package holiday, where we utalised the smaller but very quiet Adult area which was fine but the pool is freezing?

The Hotel has excellant reastaraunt facitities the Fountain reastrauant being the lardger more extensive buffet style reastaraunt where all guests can dine , the food here was fine with all the usual offerings of Pasta, Sea Food , Curries and Sunday Lunch for Britts abroad, we found the lunch in this reastaraunt the nicest meal of the day and breakfast provided a huge variety of fresh fruits , breads, Full English and Cold Meats etc so you certainly won't go hungry and thier is also the usual pizza & chips offering for children.

Thier are better reastaraunts available the Casa Bianca Italian which is superb , the Amercian Dinner and a local and Asian reastaraunt , these have to be booked by the hotel electronic system where you go through the ritual of queing up before 10:00am to get your reservation, as you can book three days in adavance you will almost certainly find that on busy periods such as half term you end not being able to obtain a reservation in these untill day 3 as they are all pre booked , I agree with a booking system but advance booking does preclude new arrivals particularly if you only have a 1 week break.

Rooms were well furnished but the third bed is "travel" bed this is fine for children but not teanagers or a third adult , we resolved the issue by having a single matress provided by the Hotel manager who was very helpful but realy these are only two person or Adult and young child rooms , the rooms are bieng missrepresented by Thompson , not a hotel issue but miss selling by the travel agent.

Undoubtably same as all other reviewers the staff make the hotel , they are polite , chatty, funny and very helpful they make your stay a pleasure ,we always tip generoiusly and expect and recieve good service but the service was always first class irrespective of any gratuity, Hotel drinks are plentyful the wine was especialy good possibly the best we've experienced in All Inclusive but the cocktails were a little lacking, you could up grade to a European drinks package for 40$ per day we did not see this as necessary. We did however eat at The Sone Grill one evening this is one of the none all inclusive reastaraunts and whilst we had a good evening , its not worth the extra expense so I would recomend just booking the Italian exactly the same food but free!

We dived at the Hotel Dive centre three times , very good equipment and excellant tuition , if you've never dived before or snorkelled doing it at this location is a must, possibly some of the best marine sceneray in the world. We did venture out for an evening of star gazing and camel riding great fun and only £30 per adult and we visited the old Market of Sharm which was interesting and very little hassel and full of good sounveniers and fake merchandise.

All in all would I recomenmd the Hotel to others and return again myself , if your looking for a tranquel experience choose your stay outside of school holidays,although as a family resort its perfect allbeit lots of steps and terraces and only 1 lift.The evening entertainment is very good with superb British acts flown in each few weeks the local animation team although very enthuisatic and "show time" were not my prefrence but I'm sure kids loved them.

We certainly will return to Egypt for the Climate which was superb, People are fantastic and unfortunately due to the political unrest we were not able to visit , Cairo , Petra or Luxor so plenty of reasons to return when the whole country is available, and unless I found better hotel I would return to the Sesatori.

Room Tip: Don't bother with swim up rooms most are in the shade
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Darryn P
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel exceeded all expectations. Having been to Sharm El Sheikh on previous occasions we have never experienced better.

I don't understand why reviewers can review a hotel & include airport experiences as this has no bearing on the hotel.

We were welcomed at the airport by a Sensatori Guest Relations Team Member who gave us information to speed up our check in procedure, we arrived at the Hotel at 9.30 pm & were given a cool drink & cool towel, check in was easy. Our bags were taken to our room & we went straight down to the restaurant where the buffet was available until 11pm.

The Restaurants

The Fountain View, the main buffet restaurant was fantastic. The variety & quality was the best I have encountered in an All Inclusive Hotel. They catered for everyone. The chefs could be seen checking the temperatures of foods. It was replenished with minimum of fuss. If anyone complains about this restaurant they should go self catering & cook for themselves or go to an A La Carte Hotel.

Marhaba, Fantastic food & atmosphere. Ask for the mixed starter to have a taster of all on the menu. They will spice up your dishes quite happily.

The StoneGrill, a great experience, not to be missed.

The Italian, we didn't use as the Italian food in the Fountain View was so good.

The Beach Diner, we didn't use as the snack bars by the pools were great.

Every member of staff we met surpassed expectations. We never felt that they were only being nice for a tip as it's our practice to tip on our last day but our service was always first rate.
There are too many to mention but Zamer in The Fountain View was especially great with our 6 yr old boy, Mahmoud at the Family Pool & Mahmoud at the Activity Pool were fab, always had smiles even after their long shifts. The room cleaners were always smiling even after we rang one night at 6pm as our room had not been cleaned (our fault as we had switched on the no cleaning required switch next to the bed !!) they were there in minutes with clean towels & fresh water. Nothing is too much trouble. Reception staff would sort any issues out in seconds.

Plenty of activities through the day if you wanted to join in but there was no pressure.

There were cleaners at work all day, gardeners tending to the well kept gardens. Nice to see staff taking pride in their work.

Rooms are well equipped with storage space, toiletries, tea & coffee making facilities. If I had one moan it would be that I wished the hairdrier was in the drawer in the dresser as being the first one to shower every evening, I could dry my hair as bathroom was still in use & the mirror was steamed up. Easy solution, next time, take a travel drier.

To sum up our enjoyment of our holiday : We have already booked again. We couldn't risk the thought of lack of availability for our next holiday so went to Reception, used the free Wifi & rebooked.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 1GayGar
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear 1GayGar,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent family holiday with us. Your comments were really a joy to read and a great compliment to all the team and the hard work they put in on a day to day basis. The greatest compliment of all is that you had already booked your return visit before leaving the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you as our returning guests. In case I could be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a holiday in the sensatori hotel in January. I thought the room was lovely and the maids did an excellent job! The all inclusive food was lovely in the fountain restaurant and drink was offered regularly. As it was myself and my mum on our own, I did find some of the male staff a little over the top and quite over bearing. Approaching us by the pool a little too often. I felt as two females on our own it was a bit too much, as we were fully aware the people in larger groups and with men didn't get approached at all. The hotel was lovely and very big which was just as well as we were told by the rep not to venture out from the hotel. The Thomson transport service was ok however we didn't receive any of the priority check in service as it was advertised.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear HollyNorth89,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your holiday with us earlier this year. I am sorry that you found the staff a little overbearing. All our staff are trained to be friendly whilst remaining professional at all times.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Me and my new wife stayed at sensatori sharm for the last week in October for our honeymoon!! It's an amazing hotel with its own beautiful private beach. All the staff were very polite and incredibly helpfull. We had a swim up room in the adult only section and I really couldn't fault it. Spotlessly clean and very comfortable. As we were on our honeymoon the management sent us breakfast in our room and also arranged a candlelit dinner for us on our rooms private Terrance all at no extra cost to us. Food was good in main buffet restaurant with plenty of choice. The additional restaurants are all really good except the stone grill steakhouse which I'd say was adverage due to very slow service. although u need to book early for the other 5 restaurants it's well worth it!! We both had an amazing honeymoon there and will definitely be going back! 10/10

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Adski28

Dear Adski28,

Congratulations once again on your recent marriage and thank you for choosing Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh as your honeymoon destination. I am really pleased we could make your special event a memorable one and you have enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you both again soon.