“Perfect hotel”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #30 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Perfect hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here for one week in december and really can think of no better hotel I have stayed in. The staff are great however the hotel itself is wonderful. I stayed in a jacuzzi sea view room which was to die for I did not want to check out!. The food is also of a very high standard. Overall could find no fault from the pool to the beach everything about the hotel was a five star resort all over. One minor fault is the pool was cold despite being told it was heated?. This is major nit picking and I could write a million words saying how fantastic this hotel is. If your thinking of going just do it you won't regret it!!

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Jamespn
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Jamespn,

Thank you for your comments. During the winter period our main pool and swim up pools are acclimatized to warm the water to a more comfortable temperature. The sea temperatures at this time of year can also be very pleasant. During the summer months the pools are easily warmed by the hot sun and the water maintains the warmth through the warm evenings and into the beginning of the winter.

It would be great to welcome you back again. In case I might be of any assistance, please let me know.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,283)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We felf safe and secufe in our room, there were two telephoones, one in the bathroom and one next to the bed so could call them if we had a problem.
We were picked up from the airport inn sensatoris own bus which made it very relaxing and straight forward (unlike other holidays). On the bus we were givenn a breaf guide and speach by an English rep which was great as it was our first trip to egypt and didnt know what to expect. The drive was about ten minutes from the hotel and the bus had aircon which was amazing since it was so humid outside! When we arrived at the hotel we were told not to worry about our luggage and were shown to the reception were we were given cold flannels and champaign/fruit juice. The reception was exceptional! We were quickley put onto a golf buggy where we were shown where our room was with our luggage.
The buffet bar was the best ive ever seen! There was plenty of choice for food and about 3 seperate islands were there would be a cook. The waiters were to exceptional, they would top up your drink in super speed and were always friendly and checking if your okay.
There were other restraunts that you had to book for, we found it hard to book them but eventually got sorted, we enjoyed all the restraunts we went to and we would have liked to go to the steak house which looked amazing but never got round to it (you had to pay for that one)
We had great beds by the pool! they were on the pool edge, right next to the bar, but to be fare you dont need to be next to the bar because the staff come by regulary to see if you would like snacks or drinks. They couldnt do enough for us! Altough you will great survice from all the staff at sensatori, we found that giving the towel guy a 'big' tip at the start of the holiday and promising another at the end meant that he would put our towels out for us on the same beds. This way we didnt have to get up early to guarentee a bed. This might not work for everyone but it worked for us.
The snorkeling was AMAZING!! could of spent hours in there. TIP:found that going at about ten in the morning was the best! You didnt need to go of the jetty to see some though, could see small yellow, blue and other pretty fish from the shore, aslo could get a good view from the edge of the jetty but nothing compares to getting in the water and swimming with them
All the rooms were cleaned daily and shampoos, towels.. ect changed. The maids were good, kind and left nice towel sculpters
would reccomend to anyone! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bronzer98
Dear bronzer98,

Thank you very much for your kind words and support. I am so glad you have enjoyed your time with us and I hope we would see you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013

First time in Egypt and at a Sensatori resort.
It was excellent. Every member of staff we encountered were well trained, polite and helpful. A lot of them spoke several languages. The sea was clear every day and the snorkeling off the jetty was great. We went on a 2 hour boat trip for snorkeling to the wrecks and reefs across the bay and it was great. The snorkeling guide, "Pepsi" was highly professional and really looked out for us.

The main pools were nice and the beach is outstanding but you have to get your sun bed early so one of us would get up earlier than usual and get our towels and claim our beds then we'd go back to sleep or to breakfast.
The family pool outside the main building has great water slides and I got hooked on them but we didn't hang out there long, just to use the slides.

The main dining hall was big and spacious. The supervisor from lunch until the end of dinner is Moustafa, (his nickname is Vischa), and he's an excellent host. The selection of food at the buffets was always vast and I found that lunch had the best selection for my taste. We only ate dinner there on the night of our arrival and the night we left. On the night we left that had fresh tuna and grouper that they would grill to order. It was excellent. There are three restaurants you can book on your all-inclusive and they were OK compared to London standards. The steak at the Italian one was good and the fajitas at the diner on the beach were fab. The Middle Eastern was fair but the staff were wonderful. The Stone Grill, which cost extra was quite good as well. We tipped our main drinks waiter from the main lobby bar, our room cleaner, our main drinks waiter at the beach, our main towel guy, the Stone Grill waiters and Vischa. £5.00 each.

There are limitless drinks and the waiters at every bar we drank at are very good at keeping you topped up. I went to the archery session almost every morning and Joe, the instructor is an excellent teacher and very patient with first timers and beginners. They have nightly entertainment as well. The comedy night was my favorite. The George Michael and Abba tributes were quite naff and I guess a lot of people like that stuff. We didn't stay long.

Beware the shops in the main building. The shop keepers we encountered weren't very friendly and we had no luck trying to exchange a scuba mask we bought that was defective.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LondonYankee38
Dear LondonYankee38,

Thank you for your review.

The shops that are at the side of the hotel in Baron Bouvelvard are not affiliated with Sensatori. The shops that are inside the hotel, just past the Piano Bar, are independently managed but since they are inside the hotel there are certain rules they should abide by to comply with the high Sensatori standards. For example they should not hassle the guests like you experience outside of the hotel, they should always be polite, friendly and helpful, and the shop should show professionalism in every way. I am sure that if your problem has occurred in one of these shops there must have been some misunderstanding. Next time you come, should you have any problems here with the people or goods, please just let one of our staff know and we’ll be happy to assist.

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Myself and my Partner have just returned from a 10 night holiday to the Sensatori resort in Sharm el Sheikh, with the expectation of a luxurious 5* relaxing holiday. The brand name of Sensatori fills you with the confidence that you can't go wrong. On the surface this hotel looks like the 5* luxurty its is promoted as however when you delve deeper, its not all its cracked up to be... this is a brief description of our experience.

The welcome - When we arrived at the hotel we were ushered to reception to check in, a small glass of fruit cordial was given to us which tasted very sickly and then we were rushed off to our room. I have visited many 5* hotels across the world and this was my most disappointing check in experience especially after a 6 hour flight.

Rules and Regulations – The main complaint about our holiday was the restrictive nature of the hotel, I describe the hotel as a luxurious prison camp due to all the rules and regulations that we discovered whilst we were staying there. For example, we paid extra for a swim up room and during our holiday, we wanted to sit on our terrace on an evening, overlooking the beach with a bottle of wine and relax. We asked at all bars could we get a bottle of wine and were refused despite a bottle of wine being advertised in the menu under ‘all inclusive’. After several attempts, my partner went all the way to Na’ama Bay and purchased a bottle of wine which we brought back to the hotel so that we could have our relaxing night on the terrace. We went to a bar and asked for 2 wine glasses and were told we could only have paper cups… (not the 5* treatment we were looking for). We even asked around the pool bar could we have two plastic wine glasses again to be met with an outright ‘NO’. On another evening we visited the reception bar which was slightly cold due to the air conditioning. Rather than shiver, we spotted a table on the lower level bar outside of the Casa Bianca restaurant. We started to move down the one flight of stairs with our drinks to get the table, to be met with two waiters who told us that we couldn’t take the drinks downstairs to the other bar area. I asked why and explained that we wanted to go and sit on the table which I pointed out. They replied with ‘it’s the rules’. We ended up leaving our drinks, going downstairs and ordering the same drinks again. Finally a friend from back home was visiting his parents who live over in Nabq, he decided to come over to the hotel for the evening to have a drink with us with the full intention of paying for his drinks. Before he even reached reception he was quizzed 5 times by security staff. We explained to the staff that he was our guest and that he was going to have few drinks with us which he would pay for. This did not satisfy the staff and they made our guest hand in his credit card at reception and then told us we could only stay in one bar and proceeded to keep coming over checking that we hadn’t moved from where he had allowed us to sit. We were made to feel like criminals and were very embarrassed in front of our friend. We felt as though we couldn’t have the freedom to enjoy our holiday as we would have liked. We booked this holiday with the intention of never leaving the hotel however two days in we couldn’t wait to escape.

Drinks – It was disappointing that for a 5* hotel with a fabulous brand name that we were unable to get internationally recognised spirits to drink, or a bottle of wine. We asked at reception and were told that it would be £45 per person per night to upgrade to international spirits; however we could only get these spirits in 2 of the bars throughout the hotel. Also when ordering cocktails, it was always a surprise as to what you would get served. I tried several cocktails and in each bar they were served differently and tasted completely different. There was no consistency in terms of drinks. Also for a 5* hotel I would have expected a little bit more care and attention to be put in to the drinks especially the cocktails. Often they would just get served in a straight glass and didn’t even look like a cocktail. Finally in terms of drink, the fruit juice available at breakfast and throughout the day was a sickly syrup. How difficult is it to serve fresh juice?

The Restaurant and The Food – The food was disappointing overall. At breakfast there was no fresh fruit other than a mixed fruit salad in syrup and dome dried apricots. Lunch was the same food every day, pizza, Panini, pasta, pickled cauliflower and a stew. And evening meals in the Fountain View Restaurant was pretty much the same, The Fountain View Restaurant had a canteen feel with very little atmosphere. During our stay we also visited the three al a carte restaurants that were within the all inclusive. On our second evening we visited Casa Bianca, the Italian restaurant. A beautiful setting and the staff were attentive. The food was okay, a bit salty, edible but nothing too fancy, desert consisted of a small bowl with one small scoop of ice cream. When we finished our meal a waiter brought over a comment card, which I found to be inappropriate when you are trying to relax in a restaurant, however I decided to complete the comment card as requested. I ticked ‘good’ for atmosphere, ‘good’ for service and ‘fair’ for food quality. Within minutes of the comment card being collected from our table, as we were finishing our drinks, two waiters approached our table and interrogated us as to why we had only ticked ‘fair’ for food quality. It was humiliating in front of other people in the restaurant. Following that experience everytime we got handed a comment card we just ticked ‘good’ for everything as to avoid confrontation. Additionally one evening in the Tiran Diner a waiter approached us and stood at the table to take our order. My partner was undecided and explained this to the member of staff who responded arrogantly with ‘I am waiting’. Overall, the food was not 5*, we did not have one meal which I would rate as good, everything was just average.

Entertainment – In the brochure its described as a ‘west end style’ entertainments package. We visited the entertainments lounge and were met by an awful Robbie Williams impersonator, then we sat at the reception bar to listen to an accordion player depress us with his rendition of the titanic theme tune and then we finally moved in to the Piano bar to listen to a piano player and singer which was so loud the waiter couldn’t even hear our drinks order, definately nothing 'west end style'

On site doctor - During our holiday I developed mosquito bites. Due to the worry of having mosquito bites in a foreign country, I visited the on site clinic to get treatment. The doctor was friendly and explained that I would need four injections to the cost of £90. This seemed very costly so we decided to visit a local chemist in Na’ama bay to get a second opinion. The chemist scoffed at the idea of me needing injections and provided me with some cream which got rid of the infections and swelling within 24 hours. This made me feel that my best interests were not considered by the on site doctor and that his advice was financially motivated. More vulnerable customers, or customers who didn’t wish to leave the complex would have been left with no other option than to pay out the money and be ripped off.

Overall although there were many positives to the hotel such as it cleanliness, the staff, the rooms, there are so many things that let it down. Sensatori has such a strong brand name, it is advertised as a resort that would outshine all other resorts and unfortunately this is not the case. On the surface it looks like a 5* resort however when you start looking deeper there are so many things that drag that 5* status down. We became friendly with several people during our stay and everyone was saying the same thing in terms of how disappointed they were with their Sensatori experience. Previously myself and my partner though that we would visit other Sensatori resorts however following this experience we would do everything to avoid them.

Room Tip: Get an adult swim up room if you are going for rest and relaxation but remember no drinking wine on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LeaM2012
berkshire
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was very apprehensive of this holiday. Firstly it was our first holiday with my daughter. Secondly we have been to Sensatori Crete & Mexico and wondered if this hotel would meet our expectations. I can happily say it did.

I emailed the hotel 2 weeks before we arrived and found they were very quick to respond and managed to book our treatments, request a room block as well as confirm we had a cot in our room for our arrival.

Upon arrival we were greeted with a drink and cold towel. Check in was smooth and we were shown to a beautiful sea view room 2516. We ate at Fountain View the first night as we didn’t arrive until late and the food was very good for a buffet.

We had no problems booking in any of the restaurants and managed to eat in them all. Towards the end of the holiday the hotel seemed busier and we did queue at 10am for about 5 minutes to book our meal. But for us to get the time we wanted we felt this was worth it. A few evenings we could only get a table at 9pm. The Fountain View buffet would let us in at 6pm to feed our daughter from the kids buffet and then we ate at 9pm in the other restaurant we had booked. I do think the booking system is the only one thing in the hotel that could be improved. I feel it would work better if families were given the earlier slots so they could feed their children early and then if couples were happy to eat with children being noisy this would suit everyone. As when we arrived at 9pm to eat with a noisy 1 year old I could see some couples who were trying to enjoy a nice quiet meal were not best impressed or I expect hoping to see an active 1 year old at that time.

We did eat at Gokan we paid around £70.00 for this and I have to say I preferred the free restaurants. Marhaba and Casa Bianca were beautiful. I would eat at Gokan again but I didn’t feel it was worth the money we paid.

The pools were always clean. We spent most of our time around the small children’s pool on the main complex. We found the children’s pool with the tipping buckets too strong. It nearly knocked me over when under it let alone small children. We never struggled to get a sunbed and were always waited on by the wonderful pool staff who would bring us another drink before we had even finished our first.

The nursery was fantastic. I can’t praise the staff enough. I did worry that my daughter wouldn’t settle very well and felt guilty leaving her in the nursery; however I didn’t want her in the heat all day and thought it would be nice for her to have a mix of activities. She felt at home with the staff after just 1 day and loved going in there. I felt safe leaving her there and we even came home with a lovely folder of her artwork. If you had your child in nursery in the day they also gave you one evening each week from 7:30pm 11:00pm where you could drop the children back at the nursery and enjoy a meal to yourself which was lovely.

The snorkelling was amazing and we took part in the 007 trip you can book from Thomsons. Most of the trips were working our around £35.00 (British) per person. We did also take part in the glass bottom boat ride which I thought was a waste of money and a real shame. It took 30 minutes to get to and we were pestered the whole time we were on the boat for food or money. Be careful which trips you book through Thomson as a lot of people were complaining about some of the trips.

Overall for the price we paid I think this hotel is good value for money. We preferred this hotel to sensatori Crete as we felt the food and drink were better in Egypt that Crete. It isn’t quite as good as Mexico but you are paying half the price so what do you expect.

I would return to this hotel tomorrow if we were able too. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Room Tip: Best Swim up Rooms were 2101-2110 Try and avoid Block 4- nothing wrong with it. Just not the best v...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 1234567Berkshire
Dear 123456Berkshire,

Thank you very much for your review and your support. It was a pleasure to read your comments and to know you had such a wonderful stay with us, I hope that we get to welcome you back.

Regards,
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We went to Sensatori Sharm after having had a brilliant holiday at Sensatori Mexico last year. Unfortunately this one was not quite in the same league. We did not get the usual welcome drink on arrival in resort just the cold wet towel, although I believe some other arrivals did. We had a swim-up room in the adult section, pleasant smelling on arrival with huge double bed, small but adequate terrace leading into pool, but only the one lounger for sunbathing. There was also an inflatable lilo which was enjoyable in the pool area. Our first room cleaner was excellent always leaving the room smelling really nice, but he left us after 5 days and the next one seemed to leave the room with a slightly unpleasant disinfectant smell he also put the bed runner and cushions away in a cupboard making the room rather soulless and bland looking. We had no problems booking the a la carte restaurants but would have preferred to choose on the day as what you fancy one day can change. Personally we found the Italian lacking in atmosphere and felt "on view" where we were seated in the window at night. Great views from these windows wasted by not being used at lunchtime. Our favourite was the Tiran on the beach, diner for lunch, tex-mex in the evening. Lunchtime nachos recommended. We had planned on going to the Stonegrill but discovered the prices were more expensive than a similar restaurant near us at home, we had expected being all inclusive that the charge would have been more of a nominal top-up type. The food in general was fairly good with a nice variety in the buffet restaurant. The staff were superb, they worked really hard, and were always friendly and helpful. All in all we enjoyed our two weeks but not to the extent of feeling we would definately go to a Sensatori again, as we had in Mexico.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank paukei
Dear paukei,

Thank you for your helpful comments. The situation with the cleaner is being investigated since all housekeeping staff have been trained to “restore the Sensatori feeling” to the room, just as you experienced during your first five days. Refresher training will be done to ensure all staff members maintain the Sensatori standard on a daily basis in all rooms.

I am pleased that, all in all, you have have enjoyed your fortnight here, but sorry you have left slightly underwhelmed. I hope you would return to give us the opportunity to wow you.

London
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a really difficult review because I really really wanted to love this place and be able to go to many other Sensatori resorts around the world and some things about it were very good, but some others were very bad!
We arrived in the evening quite late and had booked a private taxi transfer from the Thomson website, followed by a call to their Customer Service number to make sure there will be a child seat for my 2 year old. I was told by the operator that, of course, there will be and that she was putting a note on the booking just to be sure. Of course, we arrived there and there was no taxi and no child seat.
I have been to North Africa many times and to Egypt twice before so I know that you can’t expect 100% accuracy on service, so I was more than happy to overlook this first blip, my British husband not so much (I am Italian…) but never mind, off we went to the hotel.
The first impression was very good, lovely, big, clean, lots of smiles. The check in was painless enough and we were quickly shown to our room, nice and spacious and…stinking! Really very stinky. A smell in between wet dog and camel. Overwhelming. Not what you would expect from a 5*. So we asked to be moved to another room. Being late that evening, nothing was done for us that evening (we were told they were fully booked). Or the morning after… finally, after speaking to the Thomson’s holiday rep, we were promised we would be moved at 7pm to another room. To go to reception with all our bags packed at 7pm. So we did. At 7.40pm we were finally shown to our new room. Which looked like a bomb had exploded in it and had a bent bed (head down, feet up). Needless to say we were extremely disappointed and told them so. When we were finally moved to a new room and were able to start relaxing we had a lovely holiday. The week went pretty smoothly and apart from the food both in the main restaurant and the other restaurants not been amazing, I really enjoyed it. The nursery is lovely, including the ‘evening sessions’. They really gave us a good break and ‘us time’, highly recommended.

It’s a shame that when we left, we were promised a Limousine which did not turn up at 6.30pm when expected but more like 7pm after lots and lots of chasing and pushing the frankly useless Thomson rep. Once again, my husband was not happy.
All in all, I would say…go for the beach and sunshine and the overall resort feel, but don’t expect a 5* service.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a main beach facing or a swim up.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank anitalianinlondon
Dear anitalianinlondon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. Firstly please let me apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Our rooms are always cleaned and checked before check in and complaints about the rooms are rare, the reasons behind your problems are being investigated to ensure this could never happen again in the future. Most guests, on the contrary, experience the pleasant Sensatori fragrance upon entering their room as part of the sensory Sensatori experience.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your holiday after the initial hiccups and hope that you would give us the chance to make your next stay even better.