From the moment our plane touched down at Sharm El Sheikh airport everything was taken care of. Efficient, courteous transfers, our bags were taken from us at the airport and placed for us in our room. We were warmly welcomed at the hotel with a complimentary drink. The hotel itself is spotless, extremely well appointed and luxurious in every sense of the word. However what really made this trip so special was the staff. They really were so friendly, courteous and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel itself nestles by the Red Sea and is set in the most picturesque landscaped grounds with running water courses, waterfalls and rock pools, hence the name of the hotel. The glass elevators that lift you from the pool/beach area to the main lobby/restaurants is a lovely touch and was well used throughout our stay. The seven.....yes seven, pools were a welcome site after a long day in the hot sun. The fact two were heated (outside the hotels health spa) was typical of this hotel....they have thought of everything.
The only thing that upset us on this trip was the fact that some guests, (predominantly from a certain former communist country I shall not mention) seemed to think that because they had paid for the privelege of being the guests of these fine people, that they were within their rights to be abusive and rude towards them. It is to the further credit of the staff at Hilton Waterfalls that even in the face of such abuse, they continued to smile and offer a first class service to all guests regardless of their creed.
The food was plentiful, beautifully presented and the choice seemed endless. The staff in the dining area, over seen by head waiter Mohammed were fun, very warm and welcomed us at every meal. The bar staff (in particular one called Ahmed) who ran the lobby bar were great fun and entertaining to be around.
I really cannot rate the Hilton Waterfalls highly enough. When I read the criticisms about this hotel, it makes me wonder just what people expect when they go away on holiday. I think these people will always find something to moan about wherever they go.
The Hilton Waterfalls is a 5* hotel in ever sense of the word and you should have no hesitation in booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the shores of the Red Sea with a private beach jetty and onsite dive center, Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort is the ideal place for guests to stay in Sharm El-Sheikh. Near to the city's attractions, including Il Mercato shopping mall and the Old Market, guests can either stay in the hotel complex - with its very own private beach - or venture into the bustling city center. Relax in the hotel's outdoor swimming pool complex, or keep fit in the health club with cardio machines and weights. Learn to scuba dive at the hotel's private beach or venture into town for a round of golf. Guest rooms at this Sharm el-Sheikh resort feature garden views or sea views and high-speed internet access. Keep up to date with work at the large desk, or relax on the balcony with a cool drink from room service. Hold events in the meeting room for between two and 30 guests, or utilize the business center for printing and photocopying. At the end of a long day, enjoy the finest cuisine in the city at one of the resort's restaurants and bars. From contemporary Italian dishes at Verdi Bistro, to Arabic food at the Paradise Reef restaurant, the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort caters to all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Hilton
- Hilton Waterfalls Sharm El Sheikh