“unforgettable”

Ranked #51 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cairo, Egypt
“unforgettable”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

i stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and it was a great time , the beach is a little bit small , however for snorkeling lovers , it is the right place to be . the food wasn't up to our expectations , except for the Italian place as they served lovely and tasty food .
the animation Team is one of the best , they try their best to entertain the guests (Egyptians and foreigners ) , there were plenty of activities to be done , i liked the beach volley tournament the most . Thanks to all members of the animation team for their spirit and lovely hospitality ,especially Samos and Jana , they made our holiday .

the bar tenders also were very friendly and welcoming .

i recommend this hotel for whoever looking for a nice relaxed stay in sharm el sheikh .

1 Thank ibrahim-abdelrazek
SharmWaterfalls, Executive Secretary at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Ibrahim,

Thank you very much for sharing your holiday experience on tripadvisor.com. Its gives us a great pleasure to know that we were able to deliver an impeccable holiday experience as this is what we are here for and this is what we love doing.

Our absolute pleasure was to know that our team members have managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our goal to provide an extra service to our guest and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable. I will also be sure to pass your feedback to the entire team particularly to Samos and Jana, whom you have personally mentioned in you review, to praise them for the excellent work they do.

We all look forward to welcome you at Hilton Waterfalls Resort as a repeater guests, please let us know if there is anything we can arrange for you or help with even before you travel again in the future.

Best Regards,
Wissam El Sherif

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (886)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start... We went there at the beginning of April for my birthday with my wife and a couple of friends who also celebrated a birthday. It is advertised as a 5* resort but when you sum up service and quality of food I'm afraid it brings it down at least a couple of stars in my eyes. You don't sit in your room all day...you only shower and sleep. The rest of the service makes all the difference.

I don't understand other reviewers...8 times to the Hilton? You gotta get out more!!! There are much better places out there for the same of less money.

I'm going to break down this review as much as I can with pros and cons.

PROS

Great views! Our room had a magnificent view of the Red Sea which I cannot fault at all
Room was fine by my standards. Clean and big enough with all required amenities therefore I cannot really fault the accommodation. Anything from the minibar extra charge...even a can of coca cola...really? Water was free....phew!!!
Housekeeping was again good. Thanks you Mohamed Ramadam (i think -cleaning rooms 2313-2314) great guy, very good at making all those towel figurines and a pleasure to tip. Made us smile every time we walked in room after a day in the sun.
Italian restaurant I recommend out of all restaurants there. Good food and on my birthday they were very nice indeed.
Snorkelling was great and the lifeguard was very friendly and helpful with my wife a non swimmers to enjoy the beautiful views deep down.
Read some bad reviews about the company Be Happy. We booked the 5 in 1 trip which included quad biking , Bedouin dinner, star gazing, camel ride and Egyptian traditional dancing and we couldn't really fault the trip and we got what we paid for. Thank you Mohamed from Be Happy that came with us to make sure everything was ok.
Thank you to Jana and Oksana from the animation team who looked after us going clubbing and at the resort. Two of the best people out of the animation team...they do try they best to entertain you.

CONS

We got to the resort after 11pm and by that time the buffet dinner was over. We were promised some food at the Latino which should provide some snacks but unfortunately there was nothing there. We had to complain and eventually brought us some very chewy beef with uncooked potatoes. Thanks a lot!

If you like your drinks, spirits in particular i.e. Whiskey, vodka, rum etc, I would recommend not bothering...the quality is absolutely c*^p considering its a 5* resort. Beer is ok but not of very good quality and tastes watered down and the rum is drinkable (sometimes). I would recommend going out and buying your own bottles of spirits to be able to enjoy your stay or just stick to beer...you'll get used to it eventually. If you attempt to buy any branded drinks you'll have to fork out for them...all inclusive? Rather some or part inclusive. I've been to other 5* resorts and the minibar and majority of drinks at bar, even single malt whiskey like chivas regal or JD was ALL INCLUSIVE.

Food at the Buffett not of very good quality, very little variety and very repetitive. Very obvious the menu is mainly for their Russian guests which are in great numbers at the hilton and not so much for the rest of us. I've eaten better at a 3* resort in Tenerife. For a resort surrounded by water, the menu lacked good quality fish and sea food in General...no prawns or mussels at all...some chewy and tasteless calamari ...not good and disappointing. All in all food was not 5* standard..not even close unfortunately.

Customer service and attitude of staff serving at bars is not of 5* standard. Some are very rude and lack dedication and customer service skills. We had to wait 20min for 4 coffees when we were the only people in the bar at the time (Latinos bar). Some of the staff seemed to not want to be there. Not complained as I didn't want anyone to loose their jobs and will not give any names but staff on their phones behind the bar with customers waiting? Really?

Sun lounges at the main pool are reserved very early in the morning....no problem there except I've witnessed towels on lounges and no one on them for the whole day.... On all occasions these were Russians...not racists but come on...be considerate to other people that actually want to enjoy their day by the pool. Maybe a policy needs to be put in place by the hotel management?

Wireless nowadays at least in public areas should be free of charge...you shouldn't need to pay for it...it's a 5* resort not an Internet cafe ...come on!!! We are paying money to stay with you...we're not there for free.

All the staff assume your Russian and start speaking to you in Russian. Would it hurt to first ask what language you speak before starting your conversation?

All in all and considering other places I've been, I would rate this hotel at a 3* maybe pushing 4 on some days but I would definitely not return...not unless the following are resolved:

- food quality and variety - as a North African country you would expect more traditional food, more chicken, kebabs and sea food people....see food!!! ( in 7 days only had chicken twice... One of the best days and no prawn or mussels and the fish was very fatty and tasteless.)
- drinks quality - worst drinks I ever had...definitely needs to be re looked at.
- customer service - I would recommend management to go away to other 5* resorts around the world ( Caribbean in particular) and learn.

I would recommend people that left such positive reviews to try and go other places...try the Dominican Republic for example and I will guarantee you it will be worth the extra pound and you'll come back with a different perception of the Hilton.

It didn't live up to the Hilton name unfortunately...to bad as the location and views are to die for.

Ionel and Ana from London

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SharmWaterfalls, Food and beverage manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear "lonel U",

The entire team of the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort was regretful to read your perception of the resort, which did not comply with your expectations.

We are sincerely sorry that we were not able to make your stay a big success as we have done with thousands of other regular guests as well as the first-time visitors. We have discussed your comments and remarks with the concerned departmental managers.

The menus at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls are carefully planned using the highest quality locally-sourced produce whenever possible and imported produce when necessary. Our highly qualified creative chefs always eager to improve their services and constantly suggesting ways to enhance our buffets. Sous chefs are challenging themselves on daily basis, questioning our guest on their food satisfaction levels and ensuring that their preferences are met. As an example, we have recently implemented a new exciting dinner menu which includes dozens of creative dishes of Egyptian, Turkish, Greek, Italian cuisines. All menus are designed considering diversity of culinary preferences; they received many compliments from our guests.

Our unique Premiere Package formula gives opportunity of choosing between three a la carte restaurants, each of them is unique in its own way and should guarantee an excessive choice of dining options. Our kitchen team is very sorry that these did not meet your expectations.

We are sorry that the quality of spirits offered as a part of our All Inclusive (Premiere Package) was not up to your satisfaction. Produced by one of leading alcohol provided in Egypt, “Al Ahram beverages” company, local spirits such as rum, vodka, whisky, brandy, gin can be found pretty much in all hotels and resorts in Sharm El Sheikh.

I have of course discussed your remarks concerning your restaurant and bars experience and the levels of service provided with my entire team and we are sorry for the negative impression you have described. Our team members are usually known as very helpful and caring. I assure you that we continue focusing on our philosophy of servicing each and every guest individually and passionately.

I hope we will have another opportunity soon to welcome you again as our guests at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort. On behalf of the entire Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort team I want to wish you a great time and all the best.

Very best regards,
Mohamed Gad
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

As someone who takes regular all inclusive 5 star breaks, this was not what we expected or were used to. I agree there were more expensive places to pick from, but why rate it 5 star when customer service and food (variety) is barely a three star? However, the hotel, location, landscape, views and a few gems among staff made it slightly better.

Staff: bar tenders by the pools are nice and very attending. In the main restaurant, they are ok, nothing to write home about... However, the Latino bar has the laziest attendants i have ever seen: nobody there, just us, the barman was busy checking his phone. We've ordered coffee one evening, waited 20 min for it and left in the end. On an other evening, 6 of us at the table, the bar wasn't busy at all, we ordered 6 beers and after what felt like half an hour we got 2 beers and were told we need to wait a minute for the rest. We pointed out that we already waited 30 minutes for it... No reaction. He did come back with the rest of the order just when we were about to leave. Didn't want to make a fuss, said nothing about it, but it was really disappointing.
Room boy was really good, he made towel figurines every day for us which put a smile to our faces on return from the pool. We tipped him well, that may have been a factor, i don't know, but they do work so so hard!
We had an unpleasant experience with one of the towels boy down at the main pool (near the beach). He wasn't there when we passed, left the towel cards on his counter and picked up two towels and went on our business. A minute later, he runs after us and grabs my husband by the arm saying something about 'taking towels'. He started apologising when we told him that we left the cards instead as he wasn't there. Apparently they have "so many problems with these Russians", etc. if you ask me, you don't treat any guest like that, Russian or not....
An other hair-standing experience was right on leaving the hotel. There is a guy outside the front hotel door with scales for guests to weigh their luggage. After weighing our cases, i gave him 20 Egyptian lira as we weren't having much left and needed to do the check out after that and weren't that sure how much we need. This guy was unbelievably rude and pushed away my hand holding the 20 lira (about 2 GBP) saying he wants 100 Egyptian lira (10 english pounds for weighing two cases). I thought he was kidding, but apparently not. He had some support from the hotel porters as well who suggested to my husband to go get some more money from the ATM . Can you believe that? I hope the hotel management do something about that as it reflects badly on the hotel. For me, that was the icing on the cake. We'll never go back there. In the end i gave the guy 50 Egyptian pounds but i still think is too much. From what i've heard, some of the staff may be working really hard for 30 Egypt pounds per day!!!!!

Food: repetitive. 5 or 6 main dishes every day and salads. Lunch and dinner are pretty much the same. In addition they have a evening bbq, a grill section, so you don't go hungry but i've seen sooo much better. Deserts are quite good. Not a 5 star dining experience at the main buffet, that's for sure! The Verdi italian restaurant offers some outstanding food and great service but you can only go once per stay!

Drinks: spirits, very waterred-down. Almost everything of quality is not all inclusive! What is that all about? All inclusive should be all inclusive, full stop. Perhaps hotel management should try an experience in 5 star hotels catering for american tourists mainly, that's a whole other concept!

Ice cream- apparently there are times during the day when you have to pay for it...

We've met the manager responsible of bars and restaurants. While it is clear that he is trying a couple of good things like the pool dinner but until that night, we've not seen him in the resort. He needs to be seen, and the main thing he must ask your staff is to serve with a smile, to enjoy their work. Most of them are visibly bored and couldn't' care less. That is easily perceived by the guests. While we appreciate that they work long hours and it is hard work, we'd rather see a friendly face.

Type of guests: yes, mainly Russians, some quite rude and loud, but also english, some from Italy.

We'll not be going back. There is so much choice out there, why risk going through all of this again? I said earlier that we were a group of six people, i don't think the others have anything different to say and will not be coming back either. In addition I will not recommend to friends.

I need to stress that there were a couple of really good staff members and i feel that they're not rewarded or motivated enough to serve as example to the others.

Last but not least, the animation team, great girls, do their best but can be improved (a little amateurish). They could start by updating their dated, unflattering, sun discoloured uniforms.

To wrap it all up, if you're not going on holiday for the night life (clubs, etc), i would avoid Sharm all together. Too busy, too common, every local you meet is attempting to get money out of you one way or the other and they're not shy in asking for dollars, they really don't like Egyptian liras. They will settle for English pounds though... :)

Room Tip: Most rooms have see view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear "Paula N",

We were regretful to learn that your perception of our resort did not comply with the image of a five-star hotel. The entire team of the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls greatly appreciates any and all comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards possible.

Our executive chef was very concerned to know that we were not able to fulfill your requirements in regards to food offers. Our culinary team constantly strives not only to maximize food offers, but to consider diversity of culinary preferences conditioned by the geographical origins, dietary needs, etc.

Our open buffet includes more than 62 items for breakfast, over 34 courses for lunch and about 45 options for dinner. Our unique Premiere Package formula is tailored in a way that gives one the opportunity of choosing between three a la carte restaurants.
In the mentioned restaurants we offer more than 50 different courses free of charge, as a part of "all inclusive". Some "additional high quality items" such as lobster, crab meat, jumbo shrimp or beef filet are also listed in our menus and optional. These are meant to further excel our guests' dining experience and selection on top of the All inclusive menus. This practice had proven to be highly appreciated by our guests. We are very sorry that all aforementioned did not match your palette.

We were sincerely sorry to learn about your experience at Latinos bar and pools. We have discussed your comments regarding the service levels and the sunbeds availability with our food and beverage service manager and executive housekeeper. I assure you, we are very keen to further train the entire staff with immediate effect in order to prevent re-occurrence of the bad impressions you might have experienced.

Also, your comments regarding the luggage service were brought up to attention of the outscored company, and the appropriate corrective actions have been taken.

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence - hopefully, you will notice a difference during your next stay. I hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort. Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team to help us arrange for your holiday.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I can honestly say this is one of the best places I have ever stayed. Partly because of the animation team (wooooooo!!!!) but I will go on to tell more about them shortly.

Firstly the hotel.....paradise, absolute paradise, it is so so beautiful with a beach big enough for guests and gorgeous pool...bit annoying with people reserving sunbeds at 7am but hey we partied too much to do this! Oops! Snorkelling is offered free and there are lots of facilities lovely spa (FANTASTIC thank you spa team and Islam) nails (very good but you need to say exactly what you want - they let you go back if i is not to taste- Amer you are amazing thank you so much) there are boat trips a plenty and Nama bay is 10 mins away by taxi (very safe!!!) we were anxious about going off resort but it is absolutely fine...to be extra safe get taxi with Hilton at reception (FOX....thank-you for a wonderful taxi service and we are sad we didnt use you more and go to the waterpark.....next time!!!!)) The bar staff are Fabulous, have sense of humour (Muhammed and Waleed I'm talking about you!!) reception and house cleaning staff so friendly and couldnt do enough for us...we did have an issue with a third bed but it was sorted in the end as was our water. Karam at Reef thank-you and team for a wonderful by beach meal...so special I will never forget it and nothing was too much for you...you are just too kind. Mohammed around the pool for putting up our parasol and the frozen towels....thank-you!!! Staff at the tipsy turtle....fun and wonderful thank-you again.

Food at the hotel........ good at the Italian, good at Reef and OK at buffet although I think they need a bit more variety and some more options from other cultures at the buffet ie small burger/pizza/noodles would be nice or something like this? Water - of course bottled but they offer by the glass at the pool...(from the bottle though) a bit annoying as bottles would be good BUT still 10/10 ... staff are professional and respectful around the pool i you are sunbathing...thank-you Mostafa for our towels ...trying not to forget anyone! Such amazing service.

Namma Bay is 10 mins away, make sure you go! Wonderful old market as well so we hear but we didnt have time as we only stayed for a week and were lazy round the pool most days!

ANIMATION.....ANIMATION.....wow. Guys, you made the holiday. We love you we really do. The activities in the morning are great a bit of stretching to lovely music and AQUA GYMMMM brilliant...volleyball in the afternoon and dancing, kids can join in too and they really are good with kids....hotel is very very family friendly.... we were actually slightly sad there wasnt enough groups of people there (friends young groups) to make friends with but its more couples/families but we made best friends with the Animation team so it was just amazing. After each activity there is dancing which of course we got involved in....what did we not get involved in at Waterfalls?! Snezhana.... fantastic really good chatty lovely to dance with and good organiser of parties!!! mwah! Irina....fun, sense of humour and again lovelyto speak to thnak-you very much!! Oxanna....so much dancing fun we had was wonderful, nice to meet you x Nicole... Nice to meet you as well .... fantastic member of animation team and you are brilliant! nice to have an English girl as well as part of Animation :) Anna anna anna.... so glad to have met you and thank you SO much (taca taca) for everything, you are wonderful and make fantastic animation the best!! Franko and George also thank you thank you.....
One piece of advise if going to Waterfalls is TAKE PART in the activities and throw yourself in there, don't watch from the sidelines you will regret it and so much to do. NIGHTIME activities every night we did Rock Cafe and the Deserty party on the Wednesday I would recommend to anyone it was absolutely amazing and so authentic in the mountains amazing. Good organised bus trip there and back as well and included in ticket.

This is a bit of an essay now but I just want to let everyone know how fantastic Hilton Waterfalls Hotel is! Have a fantastic time if you are going I am jealous. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view it is stunning
2 Thank 186356Sam
Dear 186356Sam,

Our absolute pleasure was to know that our team members have managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our goal to provide an extra service to our guest and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable. I will also be sure to pass your feedback to the entire team particularly to the staff whom you have personally mentioned in you review, to praise them for the excellent work they do.

Best Regards,
Wissam El Sherif
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Hey everybody i just back today from hilton waterfall.its my first time in hilton waterfall but i stayed in lot of hotels before in sharm el sheikh.so if will come with family or couple holiday hilton is nice for that but if u go with friends maybe u will not enjoy. Hilton has amazing views and landscape, good service,housekeeping good, restaurants all not good food ( quality and variety ) except italian restaurant its amazing and nice food and quality and service is fantastic especially ( moustafa the waiter ) very friendly. Customer service and receptionist are excellent.bars were very nice .the guest there mostly russian and british. Animation is good and they try to make u comfortable and enjoy and by the time i guess they will be excellent. Special thank for animation ( salah the perfect one , oksi the beautiful lady and irina and ganah were perfect.and also the newest one nichole.

Room Tip: Garden view 2503 was nice,2603 sea view also both are so quite and near to elevator
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear "Mohamed M",

We were regretful to learn that your perception of our resort did not comply with the image of a five-star hotel. The entire team of the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls team put a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service and to let our guests feel most valued and genuinely cared for.

We were however glad that had an enjoyable stay with us and that overall, you were satisfied with the resort's services, products and facilities. We were also happy that the you appreciated professional work of our animation team.

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence - hopefully, you will notice a difference during your next stay. I hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort. Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team directly to help us arrange for your holiday.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We been here for 9 nights and our first time in Sharm el sheik.
A lot of families and couples.
Quite good location near Il Mercato and Alf weila la weila. and just 10 minutes away from Naama bay by taxi.
Around 40 minutes from airport.
The hotel has few swimming pools and a "jacuzzi" (that is not a jacuzzi just a small swimming pool with "moving water").
You are not allowed to dive in any of those which I think you should be allowed at least in one.
Has a small private beach.
The food is really nice however every day same food for all inclusive.
Animation team are trying their best and I can say well done I liked it.
The rooms are large and cleanliness is at the best. Housekeeping is up to Hilton standards.
They have several's bars at every swimming pool you can find one which is very helpful and handy.
I would like to acknowledge Tito and especially Sayed from the main bar which they made our holiday. They gave us really helpful advices and tips about Sharm and they were always greeting us with a smile. Very professional and I they are a real asset for the hotel.
Please pass them my big THANK YOU

Negative points:

Staff from tipsy turtle bar are quite rude and always when we were buying something was a different price. I am not sure if this happen just to us but every single time for example we were buying ice cream. Once they charged us 5 LE, once 7 LE and once they actually try to charge us 32LE for 2 scoops.
Sharm, in generally, is full of Russian people which I didnt like as they are quite rude(not all of them)
One big ADVICE: DO NOT EVER BOOK A TRIP WITH THE AGENCY "BE HAPPY" FROM INSIDE THE HOTEL.
We booked one trip and was a rip off and we didn't do everything they said. Then when I went to tell them they said oooo sorry and straight away trying to sell us another trip.
Same day I meet another guest which she booked a day to swim with dolphins for her and little kid and she paid for both and when they got there after 1 hour drive they said you have to pay for little kid same price. She refused and returned to the hotel with a day ruined by BE HAPPY and she had to fight with all the managers to get a refund.
If you want to book a trip outside of the hotel turn left and walk 3 minutes there is an agency which is much more cheaper and reliable. We done 2 trips with them and all perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Alexutz1991
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear "Alexutz1991",

On the other hand was concerned to hear that the service provided at Tipsy Turtle bar did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your remarks with our Food and Beverage coordinator and I have personally followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are taken.

Also,. please be informed that your critique remarks concerning the excursions services were brought to the attention of the management of the outsourced excursion company, "Be Happy". The necessary actions have been already taken to avoid any negative impressions in the future.

Maria Allam"
Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Hello everyone, we are two friends of Milan ( Italy) that in the last week of March we went to Sharm and despite the farnesina has discouraged to come we have passed safely by turning the whole week anywhere without problems ....
Let's go back to the Hilton ; The restort impressed us from the start , the resort is really nice comfortable and well organized , the internationality of very diverse people made ​​everything so much more interesting and different than the usual standard . Everything was where it should be and go in the different areas of the resort was easy and intuitive. The food was a bit repetitive but all in all cooked quite well .... The reef was beautiful although over the years seen worse, but it's was an amazing swim ( Tiran Island snorkeling was amazing) . The best part was been the staff , always friendly and attentive to our every need , unobtrusive and soft at the right point . But I would like do a mention for Anna and Irina, were great and very professional, always with their beautiful smile were helpful and friendly with everyone, they gave us unforgettable moments together, they always organizing fun events day and night, all of them were really all ' height and very professional , I have seen people happy and relaxed, from children to adults ... and I 'm back in Milan reborn !
To conclude , I would recommend this resort so much !

Claudio S.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Claudio S
Dear "Claudio S",

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort for your recent holiday and for your kind feedback.

We were glad to read your comments where you describe your positive holiday experience at our resort. All of as were happy to know that you were very satisfied with the food at our buffets and that our team members have managed to exceed your expectations in regards to hospitality and service delivered. We will surely pass your comments to Anna and Irina, whom you have personally mentioned.

Appreciate you mentioning our strong security levels, as we place a lot of effort to maintain high standards of service and to let our guests feel most relaxed and genuinely cared for.