Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence(Sharm El Sheikh)
$78
$123
$99
$50
6,949 results
All reviewschillax poolshish bishparadise reeflatinos baranimation teammain restauranthealth clubsea viewspecial thanksitalian restaurantnaama bayfishall inclusive packagegreat holidaybar staffmain poolprivate beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We been here for 9 nights and our first time in Sharm el sheik.
A lot of families and couples.
Quite good location near Il Mercato and Alf weila la weila. and just 10 minutes away from Naama bay by taxi.
Around 40 minutes from airport.
The hotel has few swimming pools and a "jacuzzi" (that is not a jacuzzi just a small swimming pool with "moving water").
You are not allowed to dive in any of those which I think you should be allowed at least in one.
Has a small private beach.
The food is really nice however every day same food for all inclusive.
Animation team are trying their best and I can say well done I liked it.
The rooms are large and cleanliness is at the best. Housekeeping is up to Hilton standards.
They have several's bars at every swimming pool you can find one which is very helpful and handy.
I would like to acknowledge Tito and especially Sayed from the main bar which they made our holiday. They gave us really helpful advices and tips about Sharm and they were always greeting us with a smile. Very professional and I they are a real asset for the hotel.
Please pass them my big THANK YOU

Negative points:

Staff from tipsy turtle bar are quite rude and always when we were buying something was a different price. I am not sure if this happen just to us but every single time for example we were buying ice cream. Once they charged us 5 LE, once 7 LE and once they actually try to charge us 32LE for 2 scoops.
Sharm, in generally, is full of Russian people which I didnt like as they are quite rude(not all of them)
One big ADVICE: DO NOT EVER BOOK A TRIP WITH THE AGENCY "BE HAPPY" FROM INSIDE THE HOTEL.
We booked one trip and was a rip off and we didn't do everything they said. Then when I went to tell them they said oooo sorry and straight away trying to sell us another trip.
Same day I meet another guest which she booked a day to swim with dolphins for her and little kid and she paid for both and when they got there after 1 hour drive they said you have to pay for little kid same price. She refused and returned to the hotel with a day ruined by BE HAPPY and she had to fight with all the managers to get a refund.
If you want to book a trip outside of the hotel turn left and walk 3 minutes there is an agency which is much more cheaper and reliable. We done 2 trips with them and all perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Alexutz1991
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear "Alexutz1991",

We were regretful to learn that your perception of our resort did not comply with the image of a five-star hotel. The entire team of the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls team put a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service and to let our guests feel most valued and genuinely cared for.

We were however glad that had an enjoyable stay with us and that overall, you were satisfied with the resort's services, products and facilities.

On the other hand was concerned to hear that the service provided at Tipsy Turtle bar did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your remarks with our Food and Beverage coordinator and I have personally followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are taken.

Also,. please be informed that your critique remarks concerning the excursions services were brought to the attention of the management of the outsourced excursion company, "Be Happy". The necessary actions have been already taken to avoid any negative impressions in the future.

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence - hopefully, you will notice a difference during your next stay. I hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort. Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team directly to help us arrange for your holiday.

Maria Allam"

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Hello everyone, we are two friends of Milan ( Italy) that in the last week of March we went to Sharm and despite the farnesina has discouraged to come we have passed safely by turning the whole week anywhere without problems ....
Let's go back to the Hilton ; The restort impressed us from the start , the resort is really nice comfortable and well organized , the internationality of very diverse people made ​​everything so much more interesting and different than the usual standard . Everything was where it should be and go in the different areas of the resort was easy and intuitive. The food was a bit repetitive but all in all cooked quite well .... The reef was beautiful although over the years seen worse, but it's was an amazing swim ( Tiran Island snorkeling was amazing) . The best part was been the staff , always friendly and attentive to our every need , unobtrusive and soft at the right point . But I would like do a mention for Anna and Irina, were great and very professional, always with their beautiful smile were helpful and friendly with everyone, they gave us unforgettable moments together, they always organizing fun events day and night, all of them were really all ' height and very professional , I have seen people happy and relaxed, from children to adults ... and I 'm back in Milan reborn !
To conclude , I would recommend this resort so much !

Claudio S.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Claudio S

Dear "Claudio S",

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort for your recent holiday and for your kind feedback.

We were glad to read your comments where you describe your positive holiday experience at our resort. All of as were happy to know that you were very satisfied with the food at our buffets and that our team members have managed to exceed your expectations in regards to hospitality and service delivered. We will surely pass your comments to Anna and Irina, whom you have personally mentioned.

Appreciate you mentioning our strong security levels, as we place a lot of effort to maintain high standards of service and to let our guests feel most relaxed and genuinely cared for.

We all look forward to welcome you at Hilton Waterfalls Resort as a repeater guests, please let us know if there is anything we can arrange for you or help with even before you travel again in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our 8e visit in Hilton Sharm Waterfalls was incredible! By this way we want to thank ALL staff of Hilton for the wonderfull services that they gave us during our vacation. Reception, management, roomservices, beachboys, bartenders, restaurantteams, ..... all off them give the best possible service. Thanks, we love you all!

Room Tip: Room with pool and seaview
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cis V
SharmWaterfalls, Executive Secretary at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Cis V,

Thank you very much for sharing your holiday experience on tripadvisor.com. Its gives us a great pleasure to know that we were able to deliver an impeccable holiday experience as this is what we are here for and this is what we love doing.

Thank you for your positive comments in regards to the resort's service and facilities. Our target is to satisfy our all guests’ needs and to exceed guests’ expectations whenever possible. Indeed, it was a great pleasure to know that our teams in all the departments have managed to create a truly nice holiday experience for you.

Best Regards,
Wissam El Sherif

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a fantastic break at this hotel.
What made it special? The food was delicious and it was obvious that all of the chefs took great pride in their work. The food was well presented and tasted amazing......and the chefs mingled with the diners asking for feedback and whether there was anything further that they could do.

The service was excellent from all of the staff, who worked so hard and smiled constantly, despite the cultural abruptness they were faced with at times from some of the other guests

The pool areas were clean, with a variety of areas to sunbathe and relax....from child friendly....to child free.

A real highlight for us was the romantic beach meal....where we went down some steps to a sheltered beach cove....and enjoyed a fabulous experience. I won't say too much as I don't want to spoil the surprise .......do order the white chocolate heart shaped cake for dessert....it was amazing. At this point ...I would like to mention our waiter Karram, who worked so hard, not only during our beach meal...but the whole of the holiday. When we commented about how hard he worked....he thanked us...smiled and said ' I love my job'.

Another lovely member of the Hilton Team was Mostafa, who cleaned our room and kept us amused with towel sculptures....(he made swans, elephants etc out of the bath towels). He worked so hard and really took pride in his work.

Another cheerful hard working person was the self titled ' mr coffee' who unsurprisingly poured our coffee in the morning.

We had a lovely relaxing break and wish to thank all of the Hilton Team.

Finally, I would like to say (given the current political situation) that we didn't witness any problems with safety at all. I'd had some concerns before I went but it was all absolutely fine whilst we were there...we felt very safe.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JulieAnn63

Dear "JulieAnn63",

It was a pleasure to read your comments where you describe your implacable holiday experience at our resort. All of as were happy to know that you were very satisfied with the food at our buffets and that our team members have managed to exceed your expectations in regards to hospitality and service delivered. We will surely pass your comments those team members, whom you have personally mentioned.

Appreciate you mentioning our romantic beach dinner with the special private set-up which is indeed a great experience!

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence and hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort. Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team to help us arrange for your holiday.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had a ten-day holiday at the Hilton Waterfalls recently with my pregnant sister and her two-year-old daughter. We had the most wonderful time: it was a much, much needed break and we felt so looked after the whole time by the staff - all of them. I've stayed at Hiltons before (usually for business) but never before have I experience such warmth and hospitality - my sister was especially looked afer and even commented that in England, as a pregnant woman she feels 'invisible'. The staff were all fantastic with the little one and went out of their way to make sure we had everything that was needed, eg hot milk at night. Overall, the staff were an absolute credit to the Hilton chain and great ambassadors for their country, at a time when tourism has spectacularly dropped. I would, without a doubt, recommend this hotel - it was just what we needed. In particular (and these are mainly the people with we bonded with on a daily basis):-

Cascades Restaurant:
Neama (our hostess) - a lovely smile, friendly and courteous; Ahmed Shawkey (a trainee with a dazzling smile and a cheeky sense of humour); Mona (another hostess who was sweet and kind with the baby); Nasser (another trainee) and Diaa' our lovely coffee waiter who - all gave us 100% amazing service. Ahmed Abdez Aziz (the asst Head Waiter): he was our main go-to-man, and fixed and sorted out so many of our queries about pretty much anything. Mohamed Gomaa the Sous Chef was always a very visble presence morning, noon and night and personally greeted many guests, asking if everything was okay and was there anything else they required.

We thought the food was great: there was always plenty of everything, a super range of styles, tastes, textures and dishes. The breakfasts were wonderful wiht mountains of fruits, different breads (some of the best brown bread I have ever tasted) and appealed to people from different countries - European-style, continental and local. Perfect to start the day off, relaxing, and eating out on the terrace was idyllic. As we stayed ten days we were given two 'passes' to eat (all-inclusive) in the Verdi restaurant and the Shish Bish. We did that but also ate a la carte one night, which was so little extra to pay, and the service and settings (especially for the Shish Bish) were so memorable. Our waiter at Shish Bish was lovely - and I can't remember his name, but we had some lovely conversations with him - he was just finishing a stint before going back for a few days break to Cairo to see his family. He looked after us very well and, when we couldn't stay to finish our dessert, would plate up a takeaway dish for us.

The Animation team out a smile on our face every day - in particular we loved seeing Gi, she made us so welcome. Bedoo was always fun to see and always had time for the little one. The only one thing we wish could have been earlier was the children's entertainment: it started at 8.30 which was sometimes a bit later for the two-year-old - but other than that, they were a first-class team.

George and Emil at Solaris Watersports - thanks guys! You really sorted our trip out for us. They were great these two and delivered super service, again with warmth and humour.

Mohammed Ali, our 'beach' boy, could not have looked after us better. He really made us feel pampered and greeted us every day with his beaming smile and zany humour.

The pools were all so lovely, and we used all of them (with the exception of the Chillax as we had the little one). We spent the last two days at the Garden Pool, which was perfect for little ones as it was a bit warmer, smaller and quieter than the others. Again, we were so well looked after by the two attendants (I didn't get their names).

We loved our room: we upgraded to a sea view and were directly opposite the pools. It was light and spacious and well worth the upgrade. A big mention to our lovely, lovely cleaner Mahmoud Gamal. He made returning to the room a real treat - and not just for the little one. His towel scultpures (adorned with petals and hibiscus leaves) got more ambitious as the days went by. I've seen this towel art in other countries but never to this level! The room was immaculate and a joy to return to.

The management team were also very visible and I enjoyed the cocktails and feedback session they organised: this is a hotel that listens to its guests and acts. A rare thing in the hospitality industry!

Security was superb: from the guys in the lobby area to the team at the front gate. We felt extremely safe.

We loved the pond in the receptiona area with the terrapins, the little luggage buggies and the glass funiculars. The grounds were immaculate, beautifully manicured and worked on so hard by a team of dedicated and friendly people.

We met some super people and yes, we did mainly mix with English people, due to the language, but everyone we met, including the Russians, were kind, polite and friendly. I've found some of the comments about Russians really quite xenophobic and disappointing. We met lots of English couples, several with children younger than my niece and there were at least eight (I counted!) pregnant women staying, all about the same stage as my sister.

If wifi is important (as it was to us) it's not difficult to get this arranged. We organised it through Sharm Smile (see sep review). Perfect and very reasonably priced.

We really loved our stay here and have no doubt we'll be returning. Thank you to everyone who made our time at the Waterfalls so lovely, relaxing and memorable.

Room Tip: 2nd floor opposite the pools - 1205 was ours.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SpyDeco
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear "SpyDeco",

Our absolute pleasure was to know that our team members have managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our goal to provide an extra service to our guest and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable. I will also be sure to pass your feedback to the entire team particularly to those many, whom you have personally mentioned in you review, to praise them for the excellent work they do.

Best Regards,