“Enjoyed our stay, a few problems - wouldn't return”

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Ranked #51 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Chester, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed our stay, a few problems - wouldn't return”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Check in was very quick and drinks brought to you, very pleasant. Took by buggy to room. The complex is big there is a elevator that goes from the pools down the bottom up to reception - a good idea to use at night as steps are poorly lit and there are over 100 of them to get from our room to the main dining hall.

Hotel and sharm was very safe bag checks before going into the hotel and car checks before being allowed in. Security on site at all times.

There is a large range of shops just a five minute walk from the hotel if you turn right. Some locals are very pushy and still pester despite the signs on the shop saying hassle free. However worth a visit, they need the money and sometimes looked a bit desperate to sell but good prices if you haggle for all your souvenirs.

The pools are lovely all saltwater except for chillax pool close to reception and has a swim up bar. Other pools are good with music but saltwater put us off. Frozen towels and ice water spray made the heat more tolerable. Occasionally cocktails were brought around to us but this was rare during our stay.

The beach is small but pleasant. Definitely recommend snorkeling very good!

The bars: reception bar service was terrible. Instead of ordering at the bar we were ushered to our seats where he then tried to remember our drink order. He came back with all drinks orders but mine. Simple mistake he said he'd bring it right away. 15 minutes later afyer serving many more people and the rest of my party finishing their drinks I still did not receive my drink.i left. He apologised to me next day but the bad service continued throughout the entire stay. Latinos bar tried to charge us for broken darts although it was broken when we got them. Other bars are okay.

Drinks are very small, some cocktails okay upgrade options lovely. service at meal times for drinks top notch. I had an upset stomach twice during an 8 night stay, I would only drink bottled water if I were you.

Our main problem was the meals. Cannot fault the Italian restaurant everything was lovely and service fab. The paradise reef was okay. We avoided shish bish after being bitten loads wheb there for a drink. Now the main restaurant.. I am not a fussy person but all I ate every day for breakfast was porridge or eggs. Breakfast was the best out of all meals in main restaurant. For lunch it was limited to similar as dinner, yes pasta can be made for you but I didn't want to live off pasta all week.
Dinner was awful and I struggled to find food I liked. Upon first impressions I thought previous revies ive read were wrong, it was all the foods I liked such as grilled meats, soup, veg - courgette aubergine cauliflower cheese carrots and swede etc. However the soup was watery, meats unpleasant and veg tasted odd. No ice cream either or fruit at dinner. Very disappointed indeed.
All inclusive is poor not clear what is extra except for cocktails. If you want ice cream at 2pm you have to pay extra.

Room was nice we did not receive any towel decoration but was cleaned well except for the bath which was forgotten before we arrived.
Overall none of this ruined my stay however I would not recommend this hotel. There are nicer hotels out there however male sure your hotel is on the coast so you dont miss out on seeing all the fish of the red sea!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank asdfghj1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Prenton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Spent 1 week there with the family. Hotel was nice enough, with lots of pools to choose from. Rooms were clean and the food was good with a wide selection available. The beach was relatively small but did provide the opportunity to snorkel in the sea which was fantastic. Would definitely consider returning in the future...

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Sameh1975,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the tripadvisor.com

We were happy to know that you were satisfied with the resort’s services and facilities and that our team members have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

We put on a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service our guests would expect from Hilton Hotels and we do appreciate a lot your kind recognition.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to sunny Sharm El Sheikh and to Hilton Waterfalls in a very near future, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best Regards
Abigail Logan
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hi Everyone, well we stayed here from Saturday 12th Oct- Saturday 19th of oct. Originally our rep at Fleetwood who had sold us the holiday, had said it was within walking distance of naama bay, however we soon realised she had told us about the Hilton Dreams or (the one opposite that - forgot name)... Anyway, after spending 10 minutes in the Hilton waterfalls, we soon decided to stay, The reception, esp the Team leader (I think Ahmed) was excellent, and we are so glad we stayed! We met several fantastic guests, along with the staff, all fantastic, apart from the guy in Shish Bish, who seemed to ignore us twice when we stood at the bar, so we didn't go there again, But the staff who were excellent were MOHAMMED (Chillax Bar Waiter).. Great guy, lovely and friendly, works so hard!! IBRAHEEM, towel guy at Chillax, what a lovely guy, recalled our names and room every day, so friendly!! Also JODY on the animation, lovely young girl, the kids seemed to follow her everywhere!!! The food was good, to be honest felt more like 3/4 star food level, but even so, it was fantastic with variety and a fab BBQ. I did get bit 65 times on my legs at Paradise reef tho... :( Overall though food and drink were great, we paid £553 each for the week and I would say that is worth the money!!! The rooms were great, big balcony, big room, extremely clean!! The overall winner for the week though has to be the young cleaner who cleaned our room 4204 - Cant recall his name, but he made amazing towel decorations for us, including a crocodile, a human (towel version), a swan, fan.. What a great guy!! I would visit this hotel again and will recommend it to people. The only negative sides, really were, the constant hassle from the Massuese/Beauty/ Watersport Guys, and the constant wine being offered (chargeable) in the restaurants, it can ruin your holiday a little, even with the Do not disturb signs up, they constantly try and make eye contact with you. The other negative I heard from another two guests were the low amount these fantastic staff were being paid, a little sad after all it is a huge brand of hotels!! Overall ... AMAZING!!! Love this Hotel and resort!! PS: Visit Fantasia... lovely!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear "The Tyrrell-Parks",

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the tripavisor.com.

We were happy to know that you had "a fantastic visit" with us; that the resort’s products/facilities were up to your satisfaction; and that our team members have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

Our target is to satisfy our all guests’ needs and to exceed guests’ expectations whenever possible. Indeed, it was a great pleasure to know that our teams in all the departments have managed to create a truly nice holiday experience for you.

Maria Allam
Cumbria
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a perfect peaceful and romantic holiday for one week in October 13. The hotel is beautiful and the staff very attentive. Food and wine were just as we like it. The chillax pool was a perfect place to read and enjoy a refreshing cocktail. Our room 3205 was superb. Views were amazing. Lovely breeze at this time of year but 36 degrees in the sunshine.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Agent at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear "Cherrybum",

Many greetings form Hilton Waterfalls resort.

I would like to personally reply to your comments on this website and thank you for sharing a positive experience our team managed to create during your vacation.

It was a great pleasure to know that the level of service, room facilities, quality and selection of food and the level of cleanliness in the hotel were up to your expectations.

Once again, I was delighted to read your comments on this website in which you praise our team members' hospitality and the excellent teamwork. I will be sure to pass your comments to our team members as they are pride themselves in the quality of their work and love to hear from our family of customers.

I was very happy to learn, that you are willing to come back during your next vacation; we will be looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Waterfalls in a very near future.

Sincerely yours,
Anastasia Maksimenko
sharm, Egypt
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I cannot recommend this resort strongly enough,The whole experience from arrival to departure was fantastic.The location and facilities were second to none, the staff were superb with great service. If this is the standard of Hilton hotels I will be staying at more of them!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear "John George L",

It was a great pleasure to know that the level of service, guest rooms and recreation facilities as well as the level of cleanliness in the hotel were to your complete satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We put on a lot of efforts to achieve and maintain the highest standards of service to satisfy our guests requires, thank you for your kind recognition. It is very important to us to know that our guests’ needs and requirements are always met. In fact, your comments are very important to us as they help us to measure our performance and to find the areas of possible improvement in regards to products and services.

Thank you once again; I do hope we may welcome you soon at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort or indeed at any other of our Hilton hotels in the world in the very near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned from a 10 day holiday @ hilton sharm waterfalls. This was my second visit! We recommended the hotel to our family for a 50th birthday after which 11 of us booked up. I was nervous as I loved hotel first time and wanted to ensure my family had same experience!

And to say we did was an understatement! It was amazing....rooms were fantastic and clean! Check in was quick an efficient, hotel was great with a wide variety of pools and places to eat! The Buffet restaurant is what you expect from all inclusive! But with a Wide variety of choice. However I believe the staff made our stay so special.....

We did struggle to get into Italian restaurant for our second visit however "shady" set us up a table outside near the chillax pool and served our meal there, additionally we had a number of people in the party who had been bitten and were nervous about eating at shish bish - once again "shady" went out of his way to set up a table outside to allow us to sample the traditional food without fear of getting bit. Shady is a credit to your hotel.

Our room was cleaned impeccably everyday with some lovely touches to come back to

The animation team were great, in particular Simone, Mykey, Sammos - they made are stay fun and enjoyable! They were attentive without making you feel pressured to do things, which made more willing to join in the fun and games. The evening entertainment was great always made us giggle. Mr hilton, boys v girls, and traditional Egyptian night were all activities we got involved in. This team are a credit to your hotel :-)

With a party of 11 we thought we would struggle to get sun beds! We were so wrong - the pool boy had 11 beds ready for us each day and came around with cold towels daily. Those extra touches make you want to return to the hotel.

We did venture out of the hotel on 2 occasions first to go to soho square and it was fab! No hassle and very sophisticated. We ate at Bombay Indian which was gorgeous and great value. The next time we went to nahma bay to watch England match at the camel bar! Our table we had booked wasn't available so to our surprise we were given our own personal room with huggggeeeee tv and waiter service! Great night had by all. The camel bar is very nice modern and clean.

We will be back next year! All 11 of us #familyof11

Thank you for an amazing break - Louise :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Louise S
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Agent at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear "Louise S",

It was a great pleasure to know that the level of service, guest rooms and recreation facilities as well as the level of cleanliness in the hotel were up to your complete satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We put on a lot of efforts to achieve and maintain the highest standards of service to satisfy our guests requires, thank you for your kind recognition.It is very important to us to know that our guests’ needs and requirements are always met. In fact, your comments are very important to us as they help us to measure our performance and to find the areas of possible improvement in regards to products and services.

Thank you once again; we hope that we will be able to welcoming you at Hilton Waterfalls resort as one of our regular guests again and again.

London
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have to say this was the best holiday I have ever been on!! (5/10/13 - 19/10/13) My thanks go to the staff at Waterfalls every single one of them made our stay so enjoyable!!
The food was very repetitive, however things did improve over the two weeks and the chef would of cooked you anything you asked for. All you need to do is ask!! My boyfriend booked us dinner on the beach (extra charge but worth every penny!!) for my birthday. Everything was perfect!!
We had a garden view room, which was fine for the amount of time we spent in the room, and bearing in mind it was dark by 6pm. The housekeeping staff are brilliant the room was cleaned every day and towels changed.
Ibrahim from the Chillax Pool was amazing!! Nothing was too much trouble.
Jodie from animation was lovely too. (Hope you liked your random goodie bag!)

Thank you Hilton Waterfalls for a brilliant holiday!! Look forward to seeing you again very soon!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Emlo74",

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the products and services we are offering.

Thank you once again; we hope that we will be able to welcoming you at Hilton Waterfalls resort as one of our repeater guests.