Check in was very quick and drinks brought to you, very pleasant. Took by buggy to room. The complex is big there is a elevator that goes from the pools down the bottom up to reception - a good idea to use at night as steps are poorly lit and there are over 100 of them to get from our room to the main dining hall.
Hotel and sharm was very safe bag checks before going into the hotel and car checks before being allowed in. Security on site at all times.
There is a large range of shops just a five minute walk from the hotel if you turn right. Some locals are very pushy and still pester despite the signs on the shop saying hassle free. However worth a visit, they need the money and sometimes looked a bit desperate to sell but good prices if you haggle for all your souvenirs.
The pools are lovely all saltwater except for chillax pool close to reception and has a swim up bar. Other pools are good with music but saltwater put us off. Frozen towels and ice water spray made the heat more tolerable. Occasionally cocktails were brought around to us but this was rare during our stay.
The beach is small but pleasant. Definitely recommend snorkeling very good!
The bars: reception bar service was terrible. Instead of ordering at the bar we were ushered to our seats where he then tried to remember our drink order. He came back with all drinks orders but mine. Simple mistake he said he'd bring it right away. 15 minutes later afyer serving many more people and the rest of my party finishing their drinks I still did not receive my drink.i left. He apologised to me next day but the bad service continued throughout the entire stay. Latinos bar tried to charge us for broken darts although it was broken when we got them. Other bars are okay.
Drinks are very small, some cocktails okay upgrade options lovely. service at meal times for drinks top notch. I had an upset stomach twice during an 8 night stay, I would only drink bottled water if I were you.
Our main problem was the meals. Cannot fault the Italian restaurant everything was lovely and service fab. The paradise reef was okay. We avoided shish bish after being bitten loads wheb there for a drink. Now the main restaurant.. I am not a fussy person but all I ate every day for breakfast was porridge or eggs. Breakfast was the best out of all meals in main restaurant. For lunch it was limited to similar as dinner, yes pasta can be made for you but I didn't want to live off pasta all week.
Dinner was awful and I struggled to find food I liked. Upon first impressions I thought previous revies ive read were wrong, it was all the foods I liked such as grilled meats, soup, veg - courgette aubergine cauliflower cheese carrots and swede etc. However the soup was watery, meats unpleasant and veg tasted odd. No ice cream either or fruit at dinner. Very disappointed indeed.
All inclusive is poor not clear what is extra except for cocktails. If you want ice cream at 2pm you have to pay extra.
Room was nice we did not receive any towel decoration but was cleaned well except for the bath which was forgotten before we arrived.
Overall none of this ruined my stay however I would not recommend this hotel. There are nicer hotels out there however male sure your hotel is on the coast so you dont miss out on seeing all the fish of the red sea!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the shores of the Red Sea with a private beach jetty and onsite dive center, Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort is the ideal place for guests to stay in Sharm El-Sheikh. Near to the city's attractions, including Il Mercato shopping mall and the Old Market, guests can either stay in the hotel complex - with its very own private beach - or venture into the bustling city center. Relax in the hotel's outdoor swimming pool complex, or keep fit in the health club with cardio machines and weights. Learn to scuba dive at the hotel's private beach or venture into town for a round of golf. Guest rooms at this Sharm el-Sheikh resort feature garden views or sea views and high-speed internet access. Keep up to date with work at the large desk, or relax on the balcony with a cool drink from room service. Hold events in the meeting room for between two and 30 guests, or utilize the business center for printing and photocopying. At the end of a long day, enjoy the finest cuisine in the city at one of the resort's restaurants and bars. From contemporary Italian dishes at Verdi Bistro, to Arabic food at the Paradise Reef restaurant, the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort caters to all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Hilton
- Hilton Waterfalls Sharm El Sheikh