“Amazing staff and a great hotel!”

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Ranked #48 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I just came back from a seven day holiday in Hilton Sharm El Sheikh yesterday and have already looked at booking a return trip in November. I was due to go to Spain but decided on Egypt as the weather is better mid September and that turned out to be an excellent decision.

As we arrived at the hotel we were booked in and showed to our room within 10 minutes of walking into the lobby after being offered a cold drink and a towel. I asked if it would be possible to ask for a seaview upgrade at reception which was given at no extra cost straight away. The room itself is not amazing- Egypt lacks the Arabian opulence of the usual Gulf hotels but that is to be expected anywhere in Egypt and a comfortable bed, great water pressure and a great level of clenliness make up for it.

In regards to the hotel facilities overall, I thoroughly enjoyed exploring various swimming pools, bars and the 2 tiny but beautiful beaches. The reef just in front of the hotel is beautiful and if you are not the kind to go snorkel or swim off a jetty you can always paddle by the beach or one of the four other main pools. Go for a drink at the tipsy turtle in the afternoon and enjoy the last of the afternoon sun while overlooking the beach. The location of the hotel is really great and the view is gorgeous.

An important factor for me when I booked was the food. I have been to Egypt before so I was aware that the food there is not as good as the Lebanese or Greek food but is definitely better than the Spanish food. Breakfast was always great, I usually ended up having pancakes with fruit but also loved the omlette. The food was plenty for all of the guests and even though the food at breakfast was the same on a daily basis there is a variety of cooked food, cold cuts, pastries, fruit and cereals which were available till late. As I am pescatarian I was a bit worried that I will struggle to find suitable food short of breads and salad but there was a good variety at lunch between the buffet, the reef restaurant and the snacks at the chillax pool inbetween. One drawback was that there were no light snacks and coffee offered at the main salty pool during the day, only at the restaurants, but Antonio at the Tipsy Turtle makes a lovely coffee so that made up for it. Dinner was usually varied, I did find something tasty every day and if something was not available the chef would always ask me what I would like and he would make it. Chef Mahmoud was truly wonderlul to me and my mum and made me the most delicious grilled fish!

In regards to the a la carte restaurants I was quite disappointed. Shish Bish offered a unique atmosphere, but very slow service, warm wine and tiny portions and I am not a big eater. Verdi, which we kept for last as it came highly recommended was really disappointing with my food being cold and my companions being equally disappointed by the time it took to get our food and the quality overall even thyough the staff accomodated us at a table by the pool instead of the restaurant as it was overbooked. We got given a late checkout as an apology. The Reef restaurant was quite good at dinner (and lunch if you are a Brit craving for fish and chips, kebabs and burgers) and the service was lovely. I would strongly recommend to splurge for a private dinner by the chilax pool, to try the local marinated steaks and the fish stuffed with herbs and spices and to try a nice bottle of wine with it, it really is worth it.

Undoubtedly if there is one redeeming quality which gives this hotel an extra edge is the staff. I would like to thank Ahmed Taha who was our waiter throughout and we will truly miss, Chef Mahmoud who is passionate about food and Egypt and prepared lovely grilled meals for me as well as answered my numerous questions, George who looked after us at Latinos bar and the Shish Bish lounge, Antonio at the pool, Chef Mohammed who insisted on making us a meal for the flight, Ramy who was my mother's personal waiter and would not allow her to carry her own plate once and just everyone who made our holiday and makes this hotel worth visiting.

The staff make this place what it is.

If I have to advise on areas for improvement- the cocktails can be a bit better, toiletries at the rooms should really include things such as a shaving kit and ear buds at a five star hotel, the wine can be a bit colder and the glasses a bit bigger at dinner and in an all inclusive resort we really don't want to be cajoled into choosing the 'extra charge' option every time. But overall because of the great service and dedicated staff alone I would recommend this hotel. I will be back in November and will book at the same place.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view upgrade on arrival, it is worth waking up to the sunshine reflected i the sea!
2  Thank Niya V
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear "Niya V",

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the tripavisor.com

We were happy to know that overall, you were satisfied with the resort’s services and facilities and that our team members have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

I have discussed your critique points and general impression regarding mentioned Paradise Reef and Verdi experience,with the respective departmental teams and I assure you that we continue focusing on our philosophy of servicing each and every guest individually and passionately. This is what we love doing and we understand that this is the very essence of hospitality.

We put on a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service our guests would expect from Hilton Hotels and we do appreciate a lot your kind recognition.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to sunny Sharm El Sheikh and to Hilton Waterfalls in a very near future, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best Regards
Maria Allam

Write a ReviewReviews (6,833)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just come back from a 4 day stay on this great hotel.
amazing animation team, Thanks for all the activity and specially kids show at night
Food is very good, Can choose form different restaurants, Main restaurant staff was very helpful
They really need to fulfill your needs.
Special thanks to Sayed for his effort on Shisha and his politeness

Room Tip: Choose sea view room if you have kids as it near kids pool

Dear M_Elkadry,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for posting these comments on the tripadvisor site.

We very glad and happy to have such a great feedback, our aim is to always be up to our guests satisfaction.

We are also very excited to know that you loved our resort, and most important that you enjoyed our services, hospitality and facilities.

We all look forward to welcome you at Hilton Waterfalls Resort as a repeater guests, please let us know if there is anything we can arrange for you or help with even before you travel again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great hotel in all aspects, excellent location with the marvelous view of the red sea at Om el seid.
Rooms were spacious and clean, Food was ok .
Staff are perfect, so polite, helpful and always seeking our satisfaction. Special thanks goes to Mohammed who used to clean our rooms for his fabulous towels art.
The home reef was gorgeous for snorkelers with plenty of colored coral fishes, also pools were nice especially the salty watered ones.
The elevator made it very easy to get to the beach and back as we used to take a baby stroller as well as a 3 years old kid with us all the time.
Overall everything was great and i strongly recommend that hotel.

Room Tip: deluxe sea view rooms
2  Thank Suzz78
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear "Suzz78",

"Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the tripavisor.com

We were happy to know that you were satisfied with the resort’s services and facilities and that our team members have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

Best Regards

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just come back after 7 day holiday the hotel is wonderful, the staff were amazing, rooms were very clean and comfortable, pools clean nothing was too much trouble. My wife who is on a gluten free diet was looked after very well with special meals and rice bread being made for her every day. What a wonderful relaxing time was had by both of us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robertnadine

Dear "robertnadine",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting these comments on the tripadvisor site.

We are flattered and happy to have such a great feedback, our aim is to always be up to our guests satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Overall the hotel was the only disadvantage was
the food on dinner
Very good location and view
Excellent animation team specially Alleona And
simone
Overall the hotel was excellent I enjoyed my stay for 4 days

• Stayed: September 2013
SharmWaterfalls, Chief Animator at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear "loay88",

We were regretful to learn that your perception of our resort did not comply with the image of a five-star hotel. The entire team of the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls team put a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service and to let our guests feel most valued and genuinely cared for.

We were however glad that overall, you had an enjoyable stay and that the level of service provided by our helpful team members were up to your satisfaction. I will also be sure to pass your feedback to my team of animators, particularly Alena and Simone, whom you have personally mentioned in you review, to praise them for the excellent work they do.

Ramy Farrag

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have just returned from 10 days at Hilton waterfalls, there with my husband, daughter and her friend who are both 17. We have had a very relaxing holiday and my review is based on what we feel important when we go on holiday.
I emailed the hotel prior to going to ask if possible to have two rooms close together. I received a prompt reply and when we got there were given two rooms together. We didn't take the upgrade as I thought this was a bit cheeky considering the hotel was more than half empty! We did get moved half way through the holiday following an incident which I must say was dealt with excellently by Anastasia who was very professional. The service is excellent. The staff are always asking how your holiday is going and if you have a problem they are excellent at sorting it out.
The beds are really comfortable, bathroom restocked daily with toiletries so don't bother taking shampoo, shower gel and pack an extra pair of shoes! There are robes and an iron. Personally I think the mini bar is a waste of time and I think they should stock it with a couple of cans of soft drinks and beer instead of the chargeable stuff. This is what we have had in other places and I was surprised this was not done here after all this is a resort not a business hotel.
The animation team were very friendly and even if you didn't join in always made time to speak to you. Our girls went out in the evening with the team and I felt happy they were safe.
We went to the spa and had a few massages which we very relaxing. Doda was excellent.
The hotel filled up a bit after the first few days but mostly Egyption and English guests, hardly any Russians though I suspect they will soon be returning.
Our main issued were around food and drinks. The issue of being all inclusive but off a selected list only. The option of choosing much better food from a separate menu which is charged. Actually the extra charge for quality cocktails was minimal, under £2 And we did pay for quite a few. The food however was expensive if you ordered from the paid menu, which we did a couple of times and really wasn't worth paying more for, apart from you had some variety. We don't like the canteen style dining experience with kids running round and prefer to eat in a quieter setting for our evening meal. The Italian had the best food but is limited in the amount you can visit it and the choices from the AI menu. Having said that we ere allowed to book more than the two visits allowed and when it was fully booked we were given a quiet table outside where we were served food chosen from the shush bush and Italian menu. They were very attentive and I don't want to be too critical but the food generally needs improving. The management know this and need to consider more variety which suits western tastes. There should be an Asian, Indian offered as speciality restaurants as we found the food in the shush bush and reef restaurant very similar. Also they would benefit from some adult only areas which other family resorts do offer.
We found the fine details very good, the cold towels by the pool, service at the pool, pool beds were good. The staff are lovely and we had excellent service with a very relaxing holiday.
I wouldn't hesitate going to sharm at present and you can probably get a good deal, don't be put off by thoughts of trouble as it is all very quiet.
This is a good 4 start resort but needs some fine tuning. Having said that we had a great holiday, the service and attention from the staff is excellent and any problems are swiftly dealt with.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Helen S
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear "Helen S",

We were however glad that overall, you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our absolute pleasure was to know that our team members have managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our goal to provide an extra service to our guest and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable. I will also be sure to pass your feedback to our teams and personally to Anastassia, whom you have mentioned in you review, to praise them for the excellent work they do.

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence - hopefully, you will notice a difference during your next stay. I hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort. Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team to help us arrange for your holiday.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just returned from a 10 day trip. We will start with pro's

ROOM. We had room 2712 a garden view and I must say it was very good. Extra large bed and a 2 seat sette and chair. The cleaner put his towel magic everyday and flowers.

SERVICE. The waiters in all the hotel was very good they could not do enough for you. Down at the pool they would asked if you wanted any drinks and also give out cold towels.

ARRIVING. When We got the hotel the reception was helpful but did asked if we wanted to upgrade to a seaview with a costs of £120 we said o as the hotel was empty anyway.

Con's

FOOD. In the buffet restaurant the food was the same on every night but with a different theme. They seem to cater de there on pole and not the Europeans. Plenty of salads and always meat on the barbe. You will not go hungry as there is something you could eat. But you can eat at the Italian restaurant and is lovely, waiter service.

I must say the hotel is worth going to but the food is a downer. The staff and service is great and also very clean. The weather was in the 40's so the cold towels and cocktails was a plus.

Room Tip: Garden view room 2712
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank donker

Dear "donker",

Our Executive Chef was concerned to know that we were not able to fulfill your requirements in regards to variety of food. Our main restaurant La Cascade features 7 different theme events during the evening hours with a large selection of dishes. In addition we offer 3 other restaurants which are included in the premier all inclusive packages. Nevertheless I have urged the kitchen equipped to fine-tune our seasoning philosophy. In addition our Executive chef Ayman ElSawy held a meeting with his Sous chefs and main kitchen chefs to roll up the sleeves more and to let the creative mind come to its full potential.