I just came back from a seven day holiday in Hilton Sharm El Sheikh yesterday and have already looked at booking a return trip in November. I was due to go to Spain but decided on Egypt as the weather is better mid September and that turned out to be an excellent decision.
As we arrived at the hotel we were booked in and showed to our room within 10 minutes of walking into the lobby after being offered a cold drink and a towel. I asked if it would be possible to ask for a seaview upgrade at reception which was given at no extra cost straight away. The room itself is not amazing- Egypt lacks the Arabian opulence of the usual Gulf hotels but that is to be expected anywhere in Egypt and a comfortable bed, great water pressure and a great level of clenliness make up for it.
In regards to the hotel facilities overall, I thoroughly enjoyed exploring various swimming pools, bars and the 2 tiny but beautiful beaches. The reef just in front of the hotel is beautiful and if you are not the kind to go snorkel or swim off a jetty you can always paddle by the beach or one of the four other main pools. Go for a drink at the tipsy turtle in the afternoon and enjoy the last of the afternoon sun while overlooking the beach. The location of the hotel is really great and the view is gorgeous.
An important factor for me when I booked was the food. I have been to Egypt before so I was aware that the food there is not as good as the Lebanese or Greek food but is definitely better than the Spanish food. Breakfast was always great, I usually ended up having pancakes with fruit but also loved the omlette. The food was plenty for all of the guests and even though the food at breakfast was the same on a daily basis there is a variety of cooked food, cold cuts, pastries, fruit and cereals which were available till late. As I am pescatarian I was a bit worried that I will struggle to find suitable food short of breads and salad but there was a good variety at lunch between the buffet, the reef restaurant and the snacks at the chillax pool inbetween. One drawback was that there were no light snacks and coffee offered at the main salty pool during the day, only at the restaurants, but Antonio at the Tipsy Turtle makes a lovely coffee so that made up for it. Dinner was usually varied, I did find something tasty every day and if something was not available the chef would always ask me what I would like and he would make it. Chef Mahmoud was truly wonderlul to me and my mum and made me the most delicious grilled fish!
In regards to the a la carte restaurants I was quite disappointed. Shish Bish offered a unique atmosphere, but very slow service, warm wine and tiny portions and I am not a big eater. Verdi, which we kept for last as it came highly recommended was really disappointing with my food being cold and my companions being equally disappointed by the time it took to get our food and the quality overall even thyough the staff accomodated us at a table by the pool instead of the restaurant as it was overbooked. We got given a late checkout as an apology. The Reef restaurant was quite good at dinner (and lunch if you are a Brit craving for fish and chips, kebabs and burgers) and the service was lovely. I would strongly recommend to splurge for a private dinner by the chilax pool, to try the local marinated steaks and the fish stuffed with herbs and spices and to try a nice bottle of wine with it, it really is worth it.
Undoubtedly if there is one redeeming quality which gives this hotel an extra edge is the staff. I would like to thank Ahmed Taha who was our waiter throughout and we will truly miss, Chef Mahmoud who is passionate about food and Egypt and prepared lovely grilled meals for me as well as answered my numerous questions, George who looked after us at Latinos bar and the Shish Bish lounge, Antonio at the pool, Chef Mohammed who insisted on making us a meal for the flight, Ramy who was my mother's personal waiter and would not allow her to carry her own plate once and just everyone who made our holiday and makes this hotel worth visiting.
The staff make this place what it is.
If I have to advise on areas for improvement- the cocktails can be a bit better, toiletries at the rooms should really include things such as a shaving kit and ear buds at a five star hotel, the wine can be a bit colder and the glasses a bit bigger at dinner and in an all inclusive resort we really don't want to be cajoled into choosing the 'extra charge' option every time. But overall because of the great service and dedicated staff alone I would recommend this hotel. I will be back in November and will book at the same place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the shores of the Red Sea with a private beach jetty and onsite dive center, Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort is the ideal place for guests to stay in Sharm El-Sheikh. Near to the city's attractions, including Il Mercato shopping mall and the Old Market, guests can either stay in the hotel complex - with its very own private beach - or venture into the bustling city center. Relax in the hotel's outdoor swimming pool complex, or keep fit in the health club with cardio machines and weights. Learn to scuba dive at the hotel's private beach or venture into town for a round of golf. Guest rooms at this Sharm el-Sheikh resort feature garden views or sea views and high-speed internet access. Keep up to date with work at the large desk, or relax on the balcony with a cool drink from room service. Hold events in the meeting room for between two and 30 guests, or utilize the business center for printing and photocopying. At the end of a long day, enjoy the finest cuisine in the city at one of the resort's restaurants and bars. From contemporary Italian dishes at Verdi Bistro, to Arabic food at the Paradise Reef restaurant, the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort caters to all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Hilton
- Hilton Waterfalls Sharm El Sheikh