We have just returned from this resort and having read some of the negative reviews i was pleased we came on a good week! We arranged a private transfer from the airport, private taxi will cost no more than 50EP -£5, and were taken straight to the hotel, 25minutes.
You will leave your luggage near the gates and walk up to the foyer, security is tight everywhere, and check in. The first thing they ask is for an upgrade, as everyone seemingly booked a garden view and 'Sir it is only $29 per night to upgrade to a Sea View'. After haggling the price i managed to get him down to £70 for the full week less than half price, so remember no price is fixed! We were glad to upgrade as the garden view rooms were swamped with mosquitoes and never saw anyone sitting on their balconies.The room was spacious and clean. Bathroom could have done with renovation but it sufficed for the duration and our cleaner ensured we had plenty of bottled water and clean towels. We tipped him 20EP every day and he created a new animal from the towels laid neatly on our bed.
Our duration was all inclusive, which in affect isnt all inclusive. You will get everything in the buffet but only limited drinks from the bar, everything else is chargeable, i was asked on many occasion are you sure Sir as this is not free. The food is quite repetitive unless you are a vegetarian when the chef will personally prepare different meals for you every night. The staff are great in the buffet restaurant which is more than can be said about the ones at Seaside pool restaurant. They look at you with disdain serve you your meal and want you out within ten minutes, we suffered three times there never again. You also get a choice to book an a la carte restaurant, namely La Verdi, the Italian. Not bad but they are more intent in your buying from the menu than serving you all inclusive menu which is rather limited. And with bottles of wine starting at £80 we opted for the house red! Our son managed to have an accident in the baby chair and it wasnt until he was taken out that i noticed a cockroach had taken residence in it. I saw it and only after the meal did i complain. My son subsequently sat on a chair. I informed the staff and the management, as we were leaving, who completely ignored me, subsequently told front desk who made a note! Beware of eating in there.
The pool is great, two salt water pools and two kiddies pools. Certain days the salt can be overwhelming but to be expected for the first timers. The service is really bad for drinks, even if you do manage to catch the non existent waiters eye, he will take a further 30 minutes to bring you your drink by that time it would be easier to get it yourself! There were plenty of activities on site, table tennis, pool, volleyball and of course the animation team. I will give them 100% for their enthusiam but not many takers this week. This is a 5 star hotel, average age 35+ who do not want to jump up and dance or do Yoga in the pool. There are two beaches, quite rocky and very steep to get down so we stayed by the pool.
We had no problem getting sun beds, although there were the few that maintained their own by placing the elusive towel on pre-breakfast. There were plenty to go around and if not the pool boys, blue shirts,will find you some.
You were constantly bombarded with the 'treatment staff', in white to convince you of having a massage. My wife actually spoke to 6 of them in one day about the same treatment, but once you are trained in how to say no they are quite pleasant and leave you alone. I booked my wife a Cleopatra, 2 hour full body with scrub, and managed to get 25% discount on their published fixed prices! There is a professional photographer on site, who is a nice guy, but charges far too much for his pictures and moans no-one buys them. After brief discussion about supply and demand he may bring his prices down, but i doubt it!
This is a really nice hotel to stay for couples and families. Although the russian visitors do not understand the meaning of 'personal space' you adapt accordingly. There are shops within the hotel which are reasonably priced but a lot cheaper if you go out of the hotel and turn right. 200 yards there are local shops that will sell you everything, negotiable of course. The taxis at front desk are also reasonable but also cheaper are the blue and white waiting outside the hotel, prices again negotiable,agree before you get in. We visited the Old Market which is nicer than Naama Bay, the tourist heaven, which is a lot cheaper if you want to shop. Naama Bay has a McDonalds, KFC, TGi Fridays, Pizza Hut and even a Starbucks for those who need their western fix. We went on a Glass Bottom boat, which is ok for 20 minutes as how many fish do you need to see, with a captain who made up most of the names. This was booked through our rep, Ayman from Eastmar tours. He took our money and promised a silver service with he failed to deliver. Two days of complaining managed to get some money back and was asked to sign a full waiver which i refused. Don't use this company, you have been warned.
If you want to see the pyramids, this is not the hotel for you as it is a full day travel from here. But if you want to relax, snorkel, shop and wind down this is the hotel for you.
Would i return? No as there are many beautiful places in the world and many more hotels. We will be returning to Egypt but will stay near Cairo next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the shores of the Red Sea with a private beach jetty and onsite dive center, Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort is the ideal place for guests to stay in Sharm El-Sheikh. Near to the city's attractions, including Il Mercato shopping mall and the Old Market, guests can either stay in the hotel complex - with its very own private beach - or venture into the bustling city center. Relax in the hotel's outdoor swimming pool complex, or keep fit in the health club with cardio machines and weights. Learn to scuba dive at the hotel's private beach or venture into town for a round of golf. Guest rooms at this Sharm el-Sheikh resort feature garden views or sea views and high-speed internet access. Keep up to date with work at the large desk, or relax on the balcony with a cool drink from room service. Hold events in the meeting room for between two and 30 guests, or utilize the business center for printing and photocopying. At the end of a long day, enjoy the finest cuisine in the city at one of the resort's restaurants and bars. From contemporary Italian dishes at Verdi Bistro, to Arabic food at the Paradise Reef restaurant, the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort caters to all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Hilton
- Hilton Waterfalls Sharm El Sheikh