$131
Hyatt.com
$118
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Beach Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$160
Official Hotel
  • Pool
$202
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

$148
$98
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
$185
$242
Cancelon
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $292/night.

1,806 results
All reviewsanimation teamrelaxing holidaybeach barcleaned every dayseaegypt
Reviewed October 16, 2008

having been to sharm previously and stayed at the hilton sharks bay, this hotel which is supposed to be a 5* and definately is not, when we arrived and got to our room it was infested with ants, when i complained a member of staff came with 2 cans of insect killer and told me i would have to use this, i wasnot happy about this as we had our 2 year old daughter with me but they didnot seem bothered.
the food is average also and we found if you didnot get into the resteraunt as soon as it opens all the food went and was not replaced.
i know it is custome to tip in egypt which is fine but the staff at this hotel would not do anything for you unless you tipped them they were very rude.
the pool area was nice and there was entertainment on in the day the evening entertainment was not so good the kids mini disco was not until 21:30 but usually closer to 22:00 by the time the staff turned up and this was way too late for young children.
i know i sound like a typical english winger but i felt i must warn people about this hotel there are a lot better hotels in shram, if it is your first time in sharm you will love it as the standard is better than in europe but this hotel is very average.
also if your taking young children be prepared for the staff to be taking photos of them and trying to be over friendly with them this i found really quite disturbing.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 16, 2008

I have just returned from a 1 week stay at the dreams beach hotel and like everyone else on here after reading some of the bad reviews i too was a bit concerned but after spending a week there i have no idea how anyone can describe this place as anything other than lovely. I agree that it is not a 5 star by british standards, but it is also one of the best priced 5 stars in Sharm so surely that tells you something.

I went there with my Mum for her 52nd birthday and cannot fault it in any way. The staff could not have been nicer, they were always chatty and ready to refill your glass as soon as it was half empty, they made a huge fuss of my Mum on her birthday and even made her two birthday cakes and had the whole restaurant singing to her.

I would agree that the resort does look a bit tired in places but the rooms are perfectly good enough and have everything you need including a good air con system which you will definately need as it is still absoloutly boiling (95-100 everyday) although it does cool down at night and is a very pleasant temperature. If you are a sun worshiper like myself it may be worth knowing that the sun does go in around 3.30 so a lot of people seem to get up quite early to get their spots around the pool.

Now onto the food. Again after reading the reviews i was worried i was going to be disappointed. I am what can only be described as an absolute food lover and to me this is a hugely important part of my holiday. I have to say we were totally impressed with every part of it. The buffet was great, it was similar everyday but with so much choice it really didn't matter. There is a massive choice of hot and cold dishes at every meal also the most amazing selection of breads i think i have ever seen and desserts to die for. And whats more we never encountered any tummy trouble the whole week, neither did we hear of anyone else being ill. Aside from the buffet i would highly recommend booking the free restaurants, they are amazing! we ate in the Pergola which is at the poolside and the atmosphere and food was brilliant, you can eat there in the day too which we never did, but in the evening it is completely transformed. We also ate at the Grill House, you get to pick all your own meat that is cooked in front of you and the setting and staff are amazing. You must go there! Another must is the Beduin night, it is at an additional charge of about £15 pp which is excellent value for money and was the best night of our holiday. Its authentic Egyptain food, traditional dancing and even a camel ride around the complex if you fancy it! This all takes place in the open air restaurant that again is all decked out in traditional egyptian decor. They also get out the Shisha pipes after dinner which was great fun especially for my Mum!

All in all a fantastic week and i would not hesitate to return to this hotel and highly recommend it to others. I am now back at my desk writing this review and would love nothing more than to be lounging on the beach catching some rays whilst enjoying a nice cold shandy. Enjoy!!

Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank zozyp
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I was a little concerned after reading some of the bad reviews of Dreams Beach, but there's really nothing to worry about. I tend to agree with a lot of the "good but not outstanding" reviews on here. Forget that the place is supposed to be 5 star, think of it as a 4 star (by English standards) and you won't be disappointed. The food is ok. I'm a fussy eater but I found enough to please me in the buffet. The food does get a bit repetitive, but then if you eat at the same buffet every day it's going to be the same anywhere you go. We went on a day trip to Luxor, had lunch at a hotel by the Nile and the food was exactly the same in the buffet there. My group didn't have any problems with holiday tummy and we just followed standard precautions - don't drink the tap water, use bottled water to clean your teeth, avoid ice in drinks, avoid anything like salad that may have been washed under the tap. The rooms are ok - both our rooms had 2x single beds. You get air conditioning, a small fridge, a hairdryer, a TV with a couple of English channels and a safe for your valuables, but there is no steam iron/ironing board or tea/coffee making facilities. We were told we wouldn't get any free drinks in our fridge due to the all inclusive deal we were on, which we thought was strange, but a 1.5 litre bottle of water only costs 50p from the shops on the resort. In the evenings we avoided the tacky entertainment and relaxed at the bars. The three main ones we hung out at were the Dreams Beach reception, Dreams Vacation reception (the "Sailor Bar") and the Bedouin Tent which is an open air bar on the cliff top. It's often difficult to get a table in the Dreams Beach Reception bar so went spent most of our time at the Dreams Vacation reception bar which has an inside air conditioned area as well as tables on the patio outside (although did have a “Pub Singer” on some of the nights!). The local beer is "Sakara" which is 4% and not too bad, the spirits are the local hooch so not too good. The vodka was pretty nasty, the whisky not quite so bad (but it doesn't taste like whisky) and the rum was just about drinkable. My friends informed the wine was drinkable, but then you can’t be too fussy when it’s all free!

One thing to note is that although it's called "Dreams Beach" there’s no sandy beaches at the resort. It's located on a cliff and large shelf areas for sun beds have been cut out of the rock. When you get down to the water's edge you can't go directly into the water there, as there is a rock shelf that extends out with coral growing on it, so there are pontoons which go out to drop you off into the deep water at the edge of the shelf. This is fantastic for snorkelling though as there are tons of brightly coloured reef fish and coral all along the edge of the rock shelf. If you’re not a swimmer, lots of the fish come into the shallows and swim around your feet in the 6-8 inches of water covering the pontoon. You can hire snorkelling gear from the resort but you're better off buying your own (I paid around £23 to hire a set of flippers/fins for 10 days, and they were selling the same pair in Naama Bay for £6).

The guys hassling you inside the resort when you are sunbathing trying to get you to go for a massage/paragliding/scuba diving/eat at their restaurant are a bit irritating but my friends who had been to Sharm before said it's the same at most places. Try and get a tan as soon as possible as they tend to target the white looking people as they think it's your first day (as they did one of my friends who doesn’t tan, right up until our last day)!

All in all a good resort and good value for money.

A few other tips, not necessarily directly related to the resort but will hopefully make you a little more prepared for your holiday:

if you are going to do a day trip to Cairo or Luxor then make sure you fly there rather than going by coach. We did a day trip to Luxor (Valley of the Kings, Temple of Karnak, Luxor Temple) which was great but it was a very long day (pick up at 4:15am, got back at 8pm), lots of walking and very hot (it was around 42 degrees), so not recommended if you're not able bodied. The Luxor trip is awesome if you like Ancient Egyptian archaeology though it was a bit pricey at £160.

Always check your change when handing over cash. We got short changed about 50% of the time. When you question them, they give it the "Oh I'm so sorry, I can't count, I'm so stupid" act and give you the rest of the change, but when it happens day after day you know they're just seeing what they can get away with. Be firm and polite and it's not a problem. Don't be afraid to stand in front of them and count the change before leaving the shop even if it seems rude.

Shop keepers outside of the resort can be a pain. If they invite you in for some tea or to sign their visitor's book they aren’t just being nice, they have an agenda and will expect you to buy something and get stroppy if you don't.

If you want to save a little money on the transfer from the airport to the resort you can easily get a taxi. We were quoted £20 each for the coach transfer but we got a taxi for 4 people for £20 total. We did however have the taxi driver trying to crush 4 big suitcases into his tiny car boot and ended up with one suitcase across our laps on the back seat.

If you go anywhere by taxi it can be an experience! There is a small taxi rank of private cars inside Dreams Beach gate just by the shops who will get you to Naama Bay for £30-35 Egyptian Pounds (£3-3.50 English) in 5-10 minutes, and a big taxi rank of blue and white licensed cabs in Naama Bay for the return journey. Various guides and locals told us the cab fare to/from Naama Bay should cost about £15 Egyptian Pounds but we didn’t got one for under £30 (EP). On the way back to the resort they will try and charge you whatever they think they can get away with generally starting at £60 (EP). Try and barter them down to £30 and if they get the hump or won’t budge go to the next one. When you come to pay them, most of them will claim they don’t have any change, so try and save your small notes so you can give them the exact money.

Also beware of the unlicensed taxi guys who will pester you as soon as you get near the taxi rank in Naama Bay. They have various routines to try and con you - "Yes my cab is a blue and white one and it's parked just up here" when the cab is half a mile away in a back street and is their private car. When you've been walking for a bit and start questioning them how far it is, they pretend to be talking to someone on their mobile phone (this happened twice in a row to us within 5 minutes, just tell them ”no thanks” and go back to the blue and white cabs). They will also spot your Dreams Beach wrist band and pretend they work there and know you "Hello I recognise you from Dreams Beach, I work in the Reception, I talked to you on Monday, I drive a cab in my spare time". Just make sure you go to a cab with someone sitting in it already. Be prepared that they do mostly drive like maniacs conmpared with the UK - way over the speed limit, making a third lane down the middle of two cars when there are only two lanes, undertaking people that are indicating and moving into their lane. etc. It's also one of those countries where the horn is used as much as the clutch and brakes.

If you go on any trips then health and safety can be pretty non-existent. They seem to act on the concept of “use your own common sense whether this is dangerous or not” and there is no disclaimer paperwork to fill in. Don’t expect to be asked if you can swim before you go on a snorkelling boat trip, don’t expect to be given a helmet when going quad biking or be given any safety talk or instruction on how to use the quad bike!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank coojee
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Just got back yesterday after a two week stay in the dreams beach, my only problem was the weather it was too hot for me! The hotel was amazing, the staff were so helpful and friendly and the animation team were great keeping everyone busy with many different activities. The hotel has a dive school within the grounds, again all the staff there were great, def worth going there for diving, the house reef is amazing, totally out of this world.

The room was clean, bedding and towels changed daily, minibar was restocked daily, and has free air con.

The pools were clean and though have read some people say couldn't get a bed by main pool after 8ish there was always beds free around the pool no matter the time, the smaller pool by the beach has fewer beds and they do get taken up quickly.

The food was fine, I was worried with all the reviews I read but there is always a wide selection of food each day but if going for 2 weeks it does repeat on your second week.

We went on the day trip by coach to Cairo, very long journey and if anyone is thinking about going I def recommend for them to fly instead of going by coach unless you are happy with a 24 hour day and 14 hours on the bus.

Stayed: October 2008
5  Thank nattydoll
Reviewed October 8, 2008

Ok ill start off by saying, i wish i could delete all the bad reviews off here about this hotel. Some people dont have anything better to do than give excellent hotels a bad name. Well im about to put it right.

Me, my partner, brother and his girlfriend went to Egypt on the 22.09.2008 till 06.10.2008 where the weather was around 35 to 40 degrees everyday. We stayed at the amazing Dreams Beach Resort.

The transfer from the Airport to the hotel was approx 20 minutes.

When we arrive i could not believe how nice the hotel was, you are welcomed with a grand entrance to the reception, where the staff are friendly and very quick at getting you booked in and sent to your room.
You will have your very own porter who will bring your luggage to your room for you and show you around, we gave him £2 tip and he was very grateful for this.

The rooms are very big with either 2 single beds pushed together, or one super king size bed.(If you email the hotel before you go and ask for a double bed they will sort this out for you)

You have a separate bathroom which consists of shower, bath, Bday, Toilet and sink. Here you will find various shower gels, and shampoo`s etc. (There not very big so still take your own toiletries).

You do have a hairdryer in the room and tv, which has excellent movies on, also for the men you will get all the football on their as well, which my partner thought was excellent being a Man u fan.

All rooms have air-con

The mini bar in the room is free so you can use what ever is in there. If you tip your room maid once for every week you stay there you will find he will leave you more in your mini bar.

We tipped the maid 20 egyptian pounds on the first and second week which is £2 per week and he was fab with us.

Between Dreams Beach and Vacation you have about 10 swimming pools to choose from, however the Dreams Beach pool tends to be the more popular as it has a swim up bar and more lively.
We was going to get sunbeds at 7am every morning any later and there gone. If you prefer it more peaceful then pop down to vacation and you will have no problem getting a spot there at anytime of the day.

I think Vacation is more for honeymooner`s, and the older couples, where as Dreams Beach is for couples and familys that like a active holiday and lots of fun.

The whole resort is huge, it has very nice and well kept gardens, you also have parrots and birds in cages round the resort you can feed.

The beach is a 5 minute walk away, however it will take you 20 minutes to get back, as there are lots of steps, or a massive slope to walk up. There is golf carts that do run up and down though so you can jump on one of those instead of walking back up.
Down at the beach you drinks are still free and they have food down there to which is free. I must recommend that you do walk over the jetty as you will get to see all different fish up close and it is an amazing feeling.

Ok the most important bit THE FOOD.

Dont worry at all about the food there is so so much to choose from you will find something you like everytime.

In the main Restaurant it is buffet style for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is 7am till 11am and you will find boiled eggs, fryed eggs, scramled eggs, omlet, bacon, sasuage all your usual english breakfast, and then you have fruit and different pastries. Oh important thing is the tea is the same as home so you dont have to worry about taking some PG tips with you, the milk is the same so not goats milk and its branded tea bags and coffee.

Lunch is 1pm till 3pm and you will get pizza, chicken, burgers etc.

Dinner is 7pm till 10pm and you will get here beef, pasta, curry, salad, rice, etc. However you dont just have to eat there as there are 8 restaurants to choose from.

You can eat for free at the main restaurant at dreams vacation, however the Asia House and Mexican you do have to pay for. We did both these and they are fantastic, it cost £50 for all four of us to have a 4 course meal and all drinks included.

At dreams Beach you can eat at the Grill House free from 1pm till 3pm lunch time, however you can only eat here once for every week you stay on an evening which i recommened you do.
Also the Pa`Gola restaurant by the pool is free again 1pm till 3pm snack time, but you only get it free on an evening once per every week you stay there. At the Pa`Gola you get a 5 course meal and it is impossible to finish.

The Love boat on the beach is a 4 course meal and belly dancing show, and this cost £45 for all four of us with drinks included, again this is a must.

AAlso at 11:30pm till 1am you will find the snack bar is open near Oasis Cafe, or as we liked to call it Subway. Here you will get chips, and subway like sandwiches, which is really good if your planning a late night at the disco which is on the resort to. The disco is open from 10:30pm till 2am but you do have to be 18 or over, and once again your drinks are free here.

I could go on forever and ever about this hotel it is so so good. I am adding my pictures on here so you will see just how nice it is, and feel free to ask me any questions. if you are thinking on booking this hotel please do not hesitate as it is a percfect holiday for anyone, even the fussy people.

I am currently looking at booking again for next year, i really dont see myself ever going anywhere else now.
We made really good friends with Goerge (reception bar), Ahmed (swim up pool bar), Hady (Who left the hotel the day we came home) and Akram (reception bar)

Remeber the people who have worte the bad reviews about the hotel probably found a little cracked tile in their bathroom, or drank the water when told not to so got an upset stomach so of course this ruined there holiday and its the hotels fault. these people i dont understant, but like we say everyone as their own opinion.

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Gemma_Ian