“Another fantastic holiday”

Ranked #106 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic holiday”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This is my 4th time in this hotel and im pleased to say I had another fantastic time, the staff were as friendly as ever always keeping us entertained they couldnt do enough for us we defiantly wilk be going again :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sammy F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Trip advisor...we all use it but often scare ourselves unnecessarily as my family discovered 2 wks back. Armed with boat loads of hand sanitiser, we arrived on 23 October expecting the worst! We needn't have worried. The rooms are a good size yes they are a little dated and bathroom could be ready for an update but overall we sense check and remember we are in Egypt not Spain and we only sleep in the room after all.
The complex is really clean and well kept with lovely gardens - gardeners always busy. The pools are good as is the beach area and boardwalk for snorkling or just watching fish-fab!
Food is tasty in the main restaurant and you can always find something. Look out for Yasser, he is such a friendly and helpful young man and he really made our holiday. The seafood on the boat was gorgeous and we had a great night there thanks to Alaa and his napkin creations. The grill house was lovely in the evening and Mina, the young man there was lovely.
Local beer is fine and red, rose and white wine were ok too. As a wine drinker, its a shame that there are restrictions on the times when this is available. I found myself just enjoying the night when 10pm came and wine was no more.
There is a little tuk tuk with the most lovely driver who drives around the complex and takes you wherever you need to be. Our family became great friends with him.
The staff make this hotel. What a lovely bunch of people.

My advice - read the reviews but dont worry. Take hand sanitiser or use the machines outside restaurants before and after eating. Take mozzy repellant you cant see the annoying little things but they are there and they proved it!! Overall, embrace the country, and take time to talk to the people. You'll have a great time.

Room Tip: Our room by tennis courts had balcony where sea was in sight.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KT I l
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed there recently (last 2 weeks of September) and had a lovely holiday only marred by the much higher than expected temperatures during the first week which you cant blame the hotel for and an extremely rude and obnoxious English woman who caused a totally unneccessary scene at the Pergola pool side restaurant one evening and then started a vendetta which continued for the rest of our holiday against those who sided with the poor gentleman she had picked the argument with.
That aside I have to say that although the hotel should probably not be classified as a 5 star (more a 4 star) its very nice, clean and well maintained. Our room was very well decorated and furnished, and cleaned daily with fresh bottled drinks left in the fridge every day. I would agree that the cleaners returning late afternoon and just knocking then walking in is rather annoying as we often went back late afternoon for a shower and rest so we didnt appreciate being confronted by these men just walking in when we werent fully clothed. We took to leaving the do not disturb sign on the door! The restaurant was clean and the food great with really scrummy desserts. We DID use the hand santisers provided at the door so maybe some of these other people who got tummy upsets should have tried doing this too. My husband is very prone to bad tummy upsets while on holiday but we were both fine for the whole holiday. We were surprised to read reviews for the same period we were at the hotel about lots of people who were walking about with canulas in their arms as we saw no evidence of this!! We only heard of one or 2 people who said they had slight tummy upsets which had settled down by themselves. The staff were all very solicitous and friendly especially Ali at the poolside who is a lovely and very hardworking young man. Every time you see him he is smiling and always so polite. He remembers what everyone is drinking after the first time he asks you and he always gives you the correct drink even down to how many sugars you take in your coffee. Amazing!!
We actually commented on how clean the poolside was and that the pool water was tested regularly (we saw this for ourselves) so were rather confused to read reviews for the same period we were there stating the pools were dirty with things floating on the water!! The only things we saw floating were the airbeds and floating chairs that were so popluar!!! The animation team were very funny and friendly but the evening shows are a bit naff and could do with being updated. If I had to highlight a negative about this hotel its the number of times we were pestered every day to book excursions, spa treatments or meals at the restaurants........after the first couple of days we just wanted to put up a big sign by our sunbeds saying 'DO NOT DISTURB'. It seems to be constant but we ended up ignoring these people just to get some peace. I realise they are just doing their job but it really does start to get on your nerves after a while. All in all I would say its a very nice hotel especially for the price we paid and if you want the standards of the Ritz then book the Ritz!! We met quite a few people who have been going year after year so it cant be that bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in block 14 as its close to everything.....just a matter of yards walk to either the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here the last 2 weeks in September this year and I would never recommend this hotel. After being told it was a 15 minute transfer we arrived an hour and 15 minutes later. Upon arrival we were asked to fill in yet another form, to which I asked for a pen. I was refused this and told to wait until I had one to check in. The hotel is sized up to be "24 hour all inclusive". If the day only has 8 hours in it then this would be correct. Breakfast is advertised 7-1130 but actually stops at 10 and all pool bars open at 10 and shut at 5 so whatever u do don't rush for a sunbed as you will dehydrate!! There are no bars except the lobby which is exactly as it sounds.... A lobby! No music no entertainment and 3 nights running we were asked to leave at 12 midnight, again I ask you is this 24 hour? Yes there is a disco but you have to pay for drinks after 1am, need I say it again?! From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave you are hassled around the pool to buy trips and other useless things. Not a nice feeling if you want to relax. The hotel generally was quite clean however me and my partner as well as 3 other couples we were with became ill in the second week and this is probably because on 3 occasions I was served RAW chicken. Not only this, the food that was given at lunch time was re served at dinner and again at "snack time" in the evening. We were also to the wifi in the lobby was free, it wasn't it is £35 a week!!! There is nothing to do at night and we found ourself going bed at 10 due to lack of entertainment. The only thing I can say for this holiday is the animation team were fantastic and made the daytime activities really enjoyable, a real credit to the hotel (the only credit). Please do not make the mistake that we did and not do your research.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Samskii17
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Get a life people going on about this hotel staff brill could not do enough for u rooms nice and clean reception good bar staff exellent going back in March can't wait to go back ps Ian iv u going back give a bell

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wayne B
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed there for a week from 12 pf oct till 19 th , i cannot say i didn't enjoy but defInetely this is hotel should not be rated as an 5 stars Resort. First day of my arival i ordered an extra bed and they got me a bended bed( woke up had such a pain in my back) went to complain and they are trying to convince me that is what they have. After a big argument and meetings the manager they changed it, but i asked for a reward that i paid a night sleeping on a bended bed( not the money of course). But what really shocked me they didnt care . They need to be trained to know WHAT IS CUSTUMER SERVICE .I like the beach but i will never go again due to the AWFUL MANAGMENT SERVICE

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Salma G
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a very old dated resort , at one time it was probably very nice. We went in October for 2 weeks . 4 women 2 in our forties and 2 70 year olds . Our first rooms were not clean at all in fact there where dried bogies on the wall in the bathroom and dried pee stains down the tiles at the side of the toilet , the baths were cracked and when we had a shower it was like a river running through the bathroom , also we had no hot water for 2 1/2 days and the toilets wouldn't flush , eventually we asked to be moved , in the next room there was dried sick down the wall at the side of the toilet and the toilet still didn't flush , 3 times they supposedly repaired it ,,, in the end we were filling the waste bin up to flush the toilet. We also had visitors in the form of cockcroaches . I gave the room lads really big tips each day to try and get the room cleaned properly, to no avail . I ended up buying antiseptic wipes to clean surfaces etc . THE FOOD , well what can I say all inclusive was not that great , breakfast it could take you 25 minutes to get 2 fried eggs and the cooking station at breakfast was a disgrace it was filthy and if people were honest if you saw that in a restaurant in England you would walk out . The pay restaurants were quite good , toilets outside of the rooms sometimes cleanish , big pool of diarrhoea on the floor in front of the sink when I went in one toilet and when I showed the attendant he said what is wrong ??? I had to go on a antibiotic drip as some bites I had were infected , although I tried my best to keep them clean ,same for one of the elderly ladies . The staff were very pleasant and would try there best , they were just not trained to do the job to a proper standard , we made the best of a bad situation and didn't let it spoil our holiday , and we got on great with the Egyptian people . All in all it is the owners and management of this resort who need to get some staff training in place and spend some money on this resort .

Room Tip: If there is a good room in the place I didn't find it ,,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends