“great honeymoon holiday”

Dreams Beach Resort
Ranked #111 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

we just got back from dreams beach this week after spending a week on our honeymoon here.
did not want to leave as had a fantastic time.
our cleaner found out it was our honeymoon and every day left us flowers and towel art in our room
booked a table at the mexican and indian restaurant within the resort which was not included in the all inclusive but was well worth the money.
the main restaurant catered for the majority of guests which were russian but the food was ok considering its not what we are used to.
the staff were excellent couldnt do enough for you.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank SarahD1919

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great hotel for family getaway - we stayed for 7 nights all inclusive 30 December to 7 January.Rooms were clean and spacious, food was excellent, staff very friendly and helpful. This was our first all inclusive holiday and food was excellent - other well seasoned all inclusive guests said this was the best food they had in 12 years!! highly recommend this resort , but watch out can imagine roasting in the summer months.
New year gala evening was excellent for everyone - avoid the imported wine as this is very expensive and not worth it - go for local one if you want wine with your dinner.

Room Tip: They have inter connecting rooms so if you have children ask for these . all rooms are low rise in b...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank CarinaF11
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Whilst staying at the Dreams Beach resort, we got to spend time with some of the animation team. One man in particular Ali was his name.....was very welcoming, tried his best to make sure you had a good time, he was very funny. Everyone adults & kids liked him. They work very hard & do long hours to make sure your being entertained!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at Dreams Beach for two weeks this may, and we were really disappointed with our experience. The majority of the staff were lovely, the hotel itself is lovely however we did not go all inclusive to be constantly hassled for money, & to feel hungry and the need to go out to find better food and entertainment. Everyone has their own oppinions but if you are looking at this hotel i would suggest a quick read of our review -If the things that bother us dont bother you then you will probably have a great time.

HASSLE IN THE HOTEL- Yes we expected 'hassle' when going into the local town/shops etc however what we didnt expect was the minute your backside hits the sunlounger on Day1 you are surrounded by people selling things, commenting really loudly on how white you are, asking if you are English, and then proceeding to try and sell you excursions/ spa treatments/water sports/resteraunts that you have to pay for (hello all inclusive???) The first day you spend by the pool or on the beach you find yourself literally on a conveyor belt of hassle - theres no point trying to read your book or paper, and even if you put headphones on they will persist. I could almost tolerate this, but its the fact some are really quite offensive & can become quite rude when you refuse, One man from the spa poked fun at our feet having dry skin on them really loudly & seemed incredulous that we didnt want him to 'fix them' for us, and another selling water sports on the beach became really confrontational with my partner because we tried to ignore him and walk past his stand and i felt really intimidated by his attitude. Its not what you go on holiday for. I felt on edge everytime my partner was in the pool/sea or had gone to the loo - If iv unfastened my bikini top I dont want to be constantly trying to awkwardly sit up and preserve my dignity while trying to politely decline people constatnly - i Just want to be left alone. It came to a point round the pool where If my boyfriend had gone to the loo I would go into the pool to avoid being hassled. We even had one man stand and try to sell us an evening at a resteraunt while we were trying to eat our evening meal in the dining room, its just not on. And finally one other thing, I had one of the chefs from the ALL INCLUSIVE section of the resteraunt ask me for money before giving me my food, I have already paid a lot of money for this food I think its a joke that they are asking you for more !

FOOD - This was a massive issue for us. We paid all inclusive and didnt expect/intend to have to go out and spend money on food while we were here. However , the food was not great at all. The best part of the day was breakfast where we found we would fill up on bread & pastry to make up for the other two meals, however you have to be quick as the toast disappears fast, then your options are bizarre choices like stroganofs, curries & shepherds pie, cucumber salad (for breakfast??) . Firstly - The hotel states that meals are served over a 2 or 3 hour period, ie breakfast is 7-10, and evening meal is 730-10, however we went down for our evening meal at 815pm and it was like the place had been blitzed by locusts - surely food should be replenished? Same at breakfast toast is gone by 8.30 . The dining hall was always packed and yet they were closing sections off 30mins into the dining time - we were turned away from 3 different tables before we got a seat - at this point we were ready to put our drinks down and walk out. Dont get me wrong we are not the type of british couple who go away & only want to eat burgers and chips - we are open to new things but we just found the food completely unappetising, a lot of the meat dishes seemed to be things like liver, The chicken is full of gristle and cartlidge and really unappetising, Theres a huge salad section but full of things like chillies, cucumber & tomato - just some lettuce and some dressing would have made it more appealing? we enjoyed the fresh pasta at the cooking stations however there is only 3 dish options and when you are staying 14nights it soon becomes old! We gave up in the end, we tired of struggling to find a seat (when there were large seating areas of the resteraunt closed off for no reason) , finding there was nothing left & finding nothing appealed. For us we felt like we had wasted our money. The best meals we had on our holiday were the ones we went out and paid for in nama bay & sharks bay.

ENTERTAINMENT - To put it bluntly we wre bored out of our skulls. We were there for two weeks, and every single night there seemed to be the same woman, wailing the same songs in an unknown language in the corner of the stage and she was singing from a book - everytime she needed to turn the page she would pause singing!?!? surely if shes there 7 nights a week she would know them by now!? Its a real shame as there is a lovely outdoor seating area around the stage near reception however there was never any decent entertainment on - we found ourselves back at the room most evenings by 930pm ! We dont expect english music every night of the week, but we thought at a big all inclusive hotel there would be some entertainment on, even local things like local dancing or a local musician & fire shows/ snake shows (You have to pay for these luxuries!) There seems to be a large group of 'animation staff' however where they go on an evening is beyond me? You see them wandering around in costumes but if they do put on entertainment it isnt advertised? The reception area seems to be the main congregating area on an evening however there is this bloody annoying man on an electric keyboard that plays the same 'plinky plonky' irritating music that makes you feel liek you are in the opening scenes of an 80s sitcom, There seems to be an indoor bar/seating area attatched to the reception however it was never open. And the nightclub that opens at 1030 - we went in at 11.30 and there wasnt a soul in there - why they dont just turn the lights back up and open it up as an evening bar im sure people would prefer to be in there instead of the reception with that infuriating keyboard !!!! We paid for the 'Bedouin themed night' and it was a bit of a kick in the teeth to see that other hotel residents were all gathered around watching the entertainment we had paid for - however who can blame them as theres nothing else going on !

The only positives I have to say was we enjoyed the bedouin night (however we PAID for it), the cleaning service was excellent, the hotel itself was lovely - the pool & beach area were great, however we feel like we wasted a lot of money going all inclusive and certainly we will not be going back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank HarveyBoyd44
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here for 1 week from 25th August 2012. It was my second time to Egypt but the first time for my boyfriend. We both really enjoyed it as we are both very laid-back, and we believe in "you get what you pay for" It was a very large hotel with everything you woul need. You do not need to travel outside the hotel. The beach is absolutely fab, the only downside is the millions of steps you have to walk up & down... a good workout to burn off holiday pounds but really awful in the 46 degree heat.
The hotel itself is very clean, my room was amazing, it was large, clean & had a gorgeous view of the red sea.
The pool area was very busy, however we did not tend to stay around there for long. We stayed on the beach as we went to Egypt to snorkel.

Food was standard but not as bad as my first experience in Egypt. It mainly catered for the Egyptians that were there & for Russian/Eastern Europeans. We only went to the main restaurant, though we did go to the grill restaurant 2 nights before we left, we tipped i think 100 Egyptian each as the meal was delicious. The staff were fantastic & really helpful in there.

Everyone was pleasant along with very friendly cheery staff.The only bad experience I had was the guy in the pool bar. He was very rude as it seemed he had a dislike to the Russians, he seemed to think I was from there & threw a drink at me. I did not bother going back to the bar after that & sent my boyfriend.

We went on a trip to Tirian Island, I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes to snorkel & sail around on the sea.
It was a full day but you do not need to take snorkel gear as it is all provided. Food & drinks were provided on the trip. It was nothing special, but you do not go on the trip for the food. The sailing was lovely, shaded areas on the boat to escape the strong sun. The boat sails very close to the island but you do get to snorkel very close to it. In total you have 3 stops to snorkel. All were really good fun & the guide is very informative. He can dive to incredible depths.
You come back in time for dinner in the hotel so it is a full day & excellent value for money.

We were meant to go to Cairo but it was cancelled last minute. We were never notified which was terrible as we were waiting for the bus until 2 in the morning! Though we wee both happy in the end as we had a refund & decided it was too much of a long trip considering we were only there for a week.

I would recommend the Cairo trip, having done it in 2008. Though I think you should only do it if you are there for 2 weeks & really enjoy history. As you tend to spend a very long time in the museum. The only negative of the trip was that you spend what feels like half an enternity in a Papyrus shop..yawn!

If you are very laid-back, enjoy the beach, enjoy swimming in the sea & absolutely worship the sun, then this is the place for you. It is amazing value for money. A very lovely hotel which has given myself & my boyfriend some awesome memories.

Room Tip: I had a room with a sea view. It was a short distance from everything but far enough from the enter...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel was average for this area. It had many amenities and was fun for children. It has a really nice private beach which made me give 4 stars. The beach is nice. I would recommend that if you have a choice go to Jaz Mirabel Beach Resort. Much better hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pilotsalem
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed in Dreams Beach from March 2nd till March 15th. After staying in Dreams Vacation (Hotels next to each other and sharing facilities) last year we decided to stay a little closer to the beach and main activities. Overall we had a good stay, a little tipping helps, but have to mention that public is primarily Eastern European/Russian and even much of the entertainment is focussed on that group. We felt that Dreams Vacation is a little newer and better maintained than Dreams Beach. Dreams Beach main restaurant is much bigger than Dreams Vacation and very crowded. Tipping the waiters helped to get good seating. Food was reasonable good and varied, no Farao´s Curse. Many beds on the beach, beware no real beach, were broken and again tipping the beachboys made sure we had a good bed because especially in the morning it was very busy and all were occupied. We spent a lot of time in the Bedoein place and had (extra costs) nice dinners and shows here and in the Love Boat. I would advise to book (free) dinners in Grill restaurant and Italian Pergola restaurant to escape from the big buffet restaurant.
We were advised not to make any trips due to the situation in the country. Snorkling on the house reef is great. Although we had a good stay and very good wether, we´ll seek for another Hotel next time.

Room Tip: Blocks 29 and up are close to the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple