“A lovely week away”

Dreams Beach Resort
Ranked #108 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here for 1 week from 25th August 2012. It was my second time to Egypt but the first time for my boyfriend. We both really enjoyed it as we are both very laid-back, and we believe in "you get what you pay for" It was a very large hotel with everything you woul need. You do not need to travel outside the hotel. The beach is absolutely fab, the only downside is the millions of steps you have to walk up & down... a good workout to burn off holiday pounds but really awful in the 46 degree heat.
The hotel itself is very clean, my room was amazing, it was large, clean & had a gorgeous view of the red sea.
The pool area was very busy, however we did not tend to stay around there for long. We stayed on the beach as we went to Egypt to snorkel.

Food was standard but not as bad as my first experience in Egypt. It mainly catered for the Egyptians that were there & for Russian/Eastern Europeans. We only went to the main restaurant, though we did go to the grill restaurant 2 nights before we left, we tipped i think 100 Egyptian each as the meal was delicious. The staff were fantastic & really helpful in there.

Everyone was pleasant along with very friendly cheery staff.The only bad experience I had was the guy in the pool bar. He was very rude as it seemed he had a dislike to the Russians, he seemed to think I was from there & threw a drink at me. I did not bother going back to the bar after that & sent my boyfriend.

We went on a trip to Tirian Island, I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes to snorkel & sail around on the sea.
It was a full day but you do not need to take snorkel gear as it is all provided. Food & drinks were provided on the trip. It was nothing special, but you do not go on the trip for the food. The sailing was lovely, shaded areas on the boat to escape the strong sun. The boat sails very close to the island but you do get to snorkel very close to it. In total you have 3 stops to snorkel. All were really good fun & the guide is very informative. He can dive to incredible depths.
You come back in time for dinner in the hotel so it is a full day & excellent value for money.

We were meant to go to Cairo but it was cancelled last minute. We were never notified which was terrible as we were waiting for the bus until 2 in the morning! Though we wee both happy in the end as we had a refund & decided it was too much of a long trip considering we were only there for a week.

I would recommend the Cairo trip, having done it in 2008. Though I think you should only do it if you are there for 2 weeks & really enjoy history. As you tend to spend a very long time in the museum. The only negative of the trip was that you spend what feels like half an enternity in a Papyrus shop..yawn!

If you are very laid-back, enjoy the beach, enjoy swimming in the sea & absolutely worship the sun, then this is the place for you. It is amazing value for money. A very lovely hotel which has given myself & my boyfriend some awesome memories.

Room Tip: I had a room with a sea view. It was a short distance from everything but far enough from the enter...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel was average for this area. It had many amenities and was fun for children. It has a really nice private beach which made me give 4 stars. The beach is nice. I would recommend that if you have a choice go to Jaz Mirabel Beach Resort. Much better hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pilotsalem
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed in Dreams Beach from March 2nd till March 15th. After staying in Dreams Vacation (Hotels next to each other and sharing facilities) last year we decided to stay a little closer to the beach and main activities. Overall we had a good stay, a little tipping helps, but have to mention that public is primarily Eastern European/Russian and even much of the entertainment is focussed on that group. We felt that Dreams Vacation is a little newer and better maintained than Dreams Beach. Dreams Beach main restaurant is much bigger than Dreams Vacation and very crowded. Tipping the waiters helped to get good seating. Food was reasonable good and varied, no Farao´s Curse. Many beds on the beach, beware no real beach, were broken and again tipping the beachboys made sure we had a good bed because especially in the morning it was very busy and all were occupied. We spent a lot of time in the Bedoein place and had (extra costs) nice dinners and shows here and in the Love Boat. I would advise to book (free) dinners in Grill restaurant and Italian Pergola restaurant to escape from the big buffet restaurant.
We were advised not to make any trips due to the situation in the country. Snorkling on the house reef is great. Although we had a good stay and very good wether, we´ll seek for another Hotel next time.

Room Tip: Blocks 29 and up are close to the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j00pvanderp0el
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly and helpfull.rooms clean and tidy but bathroom needs a little updating.Great beach and sea for quite sunbathing and swimming .we found that when you were asked if you wanted a massage or beauty treatment if you were polite and said no thank you with a smile they didnt bother you again except to pass the time of day
I found the russians a little rude but they come from a different culture to us
The food was bizzare and a little bland but its catering on mass so it was what we were expecting
No real entertainment of a evening which was a little disappointing good markets you just have to stand your ground with the local traders and always haggle and just to note they love English money take pound coins to tip.
Loved the swimming lots of beautiful fish will be learning to dive as i intend to return to egypt next year
All in all a great holiday great weather give it a go

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank 666alicat
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We went for my father in laws 70th birthday there was 6 adults, my 8 month old son and my 3 & 2 yr old niece and nephew. We had great service from George in the restaurant, and the pool bar guys. Also both the adults and especially the children had lots of fuss and attention from Mariam and Rocky who made our stay at the hotel very enjoyable as we chatted at several moments during the days. The children thought the were wonderful and I think that was visa versa for them. The women had a wonderful child free morning in the Spa where we had a coconut scrub, facial, and full body massage (present from the husbands ladies). You get a lot of people trying to sell you excursions especially on your first day they must spot that you havent got a tan yet, which can get a bit much. However if you politely say no thank you or La Shokran (no thank you in Arabic) they do leave and say have a nice day. This certainly wouldn't put me off going again and I would recommend this hotel. I never experienced any of the staff in the hotel or locals outside who were rude apart from some other none english guests in the hotel. Food - there was always something we could eat at all meal times for us and the children. The maids/cleaners were always very respectful and thorough. We have no issues at all with our stay. We would go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank MaxHenryCharles
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Six adults and three children made up our first family holiday with the little children. We all enjoyed it immensely and the children were very popular with all the staff. We found the hotel very clean and tidy, rooms spacious, good food and the staff went out of their way to help us, nothing was too much trouble. Only disappointment was that the beach was not child friendly, apart from that they loved the pool and we were able to sunbathe whilst taking it in turns to watch them enjoy the facilities. Spa facilities very good and clean. Excellent holiday, would definitely return and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the reception area to avoid noise from night time shows, especially if you have chil...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank SIMPOP
Reviewed March 8, 2013

just had 2nd visit to this hotel,looking forward to next year.excellent friendly staff throughout ,good facilities ,do not miss italian night, at the pergola poolside restaurant.big resort and being able to use the dreams vacation facilities makes this resort extra special.

Room Tip: we choose block 19. quiet spot ,rear of tennis courts .close to reception and lobby bar area ,and a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple