1,816 results
All reviewspergola restaurantmain restaurantanimation teampool barrelaxing holidaycleaned every dayseaegyptpoolssingerbarman
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were travelling with a baby with food allergies,(milk,eggs,nuts) so we contacted hotel manager Waleed Bakr to make the hotel aware of my sons needs.He contacted local shops on our behalf to see if we would be able to get certain items while in Egypt,let me add,all off his own back which was very helpful.He assured us everything would be fine and the hotel chef would look after us.
Check in was very fast and we were in our room with fantastic sea views within 20 minutes of arrival.The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels and bed linen,fridge was topped up with coke and sprite every day.The rooms also have tea and coffee facilities.The main pool had plenty of sun beds and we had no trouble finding beds for 5 of us.The towel boys were always on hand to help out thank you Ahmed for looking after us again.The main resturants food was very nice with loads of choices.The chef met us every meal time to ask what my son with the allergies would like to eat,he made him fresh chicken every time we wanted and would walk us round the buffet to tell us which food contained any of the foods he couldnt have.This made it so much more relaxing for us and nothing was too much trouble for them.The staff all around this hotel were fantastic.always smiling and talking to us making sure we were enjoying our holiday.The sales men that walk around all day in the heat were really friendly and a simple no thank you goes a long way.One of the salesmen called Sherif is the man to see if you want to book any water sports.We went on a speed boat ride and he promised us we would see dolphins, which we did what an amazing trip and well worth the money.Sherif also sells water park trips which again was a great day.Thank you Sherif, you helped make our family holiday one to remember and Archie is missing you loads. The animation team were good with lots of games or activities to keep you busy if you want to. If you are thinking of booking this hotel you will be glad you did.We have been to Egypt many times and stayed in other hotels but nothing compares to Dreams beach.We will be returning to this hotel next year to see all our friends again.A big thank you to hotel manager Waleed Bakr for your help even before we arrived,also to the head chef,and Randa in the main resturant,Amir for your first class service,Sherif for the best trip seeing the dolphins,Ahmed the towel boy,and melly for always taking time to check everything was ok,but a big thank you to all the fantastic staff at dreams beach.The Noel family.Looking forward to returning once again next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank dan n
Reviewed August 20, 2012

we stayed at this hotel as a group of two families with children 5,9 & 14. Hotel is tired and really needs an overhaul. They say all inclusive but there is only two restaurants that are free and to be honest the food was not great. What was there tasted ok but same every day! the man at the pool bar restaurant would only give out food in rations! Then my son got locked in the bathroom for about 1/2 an hour before the handle was broken off with a hammer to free him. Mini fridge was not topped up daily either! And the kids club consists of a hut with paper and crayons and a few board game with a broken trampoline outside and was not staffed. On the plus side the beach was lovely and the sea was great. My husband did his diving course and said that the instructor was brilliant!! although we made our own holiday enjoyable I would not recommend this hotel and would not visit again!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank MisssybexNorwich
Reviewed August 19, 2012

very good hotel.
the view from room very good.
location very good .
room is very good.
food is good and i can give it 8 out of 10 .
i stayed in this hotel on December 2009.
it was an amazing hotel.
the pool is good.
and the most amazing thing in this hotel is the animation team.
they really make me happy.
they are very professional and you can see them all the time with you.
on the pool and in the restaurant and in the evening museum.
this museum is fantastic.
the stuff is very helpful .
i want to thank the animation team you make this hotel very active hotel.

Room Tip: the best room is sea view and pool view in the same time.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Had 1 week stay at the dreams beach hotel and got back home on 17th Aug.
Well what can I say, the reports on this website nearly put me off of going to my holiday but I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the complex. When you arrive at the very SMALL! Sharm el sheikh Airport you might be given a small mini bus to take to your resort and will be expected to tip but your not obliged but it shows appreciation, a £1 tip usually helps.
I used Egyptian money whilst out in Sharm but we later found out that Sterling is accepted and also Euro too.
The hotel was rather nice and catered for all tastes . On arrival at reception you will be given a wrist band to wear this will be for your all inclusive drinks and food. In each room you have Air conditioning and a safe all free to use! The maids are men and will clean your room daily and replenish your mini bar with coke and water. They also like a little tip but this is at your own discretion.
Bath water in rooms runs yellow in colour but this is normal.
Very little entertainment in the evenings and more suited for children.
For the smokers or people who want to relax in the evening under the stars to smoke Shisha try the bedoin area in the complex and Medhut will look after you! Nice music there too!
Not a lot of British people in the resort and more Russians, Polish, French, and Germans but this didn’t bother us too much.
The staff at the resort speak very good English and seem quite pleasant. Helps if you learn to speak Arabic basics like please and thank you as shows respect. On the negative side whilst you sunbathe either down at the pool or on the beach you will be pestered on a daily basis every hour or half hour for spa treatments, excursions and restaurants at extra costs i.e. Asia House, Love Boat and Mexican. As I was all inclusive I feel as though I have paid enough money for my holiday and did not wish to pay extra to eat in the complex that I was already staying in. The toilets near the beach and small pool are rather filthy so beware! You are expected to book the grill house or the pergola in advance for evening dining. I chose to pre book the grill house as so many people on here rated it but I was disappointed with the food there as it was no different to the laopera dinning area near the lobby! The wine beer and vodka all tasted fine but will cost you extra for branded alcohol. For excursions its cheaper to book with the staff who roam around the hotel as Thomas Cook was more expensive, we found out the hard way after parting with our money to our Thomans Cook Rep Tarek! Weather is very hot in August around 45 in the daytime and sun sets early around 530pm-6pm so its better to start your day early in the morning. Watch out for the salty olives and frozen butter! Lol
Lastly the pool bar is now open and only open in the summer!
Hope all this information helped.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank loops1212
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel looks very good from the outside but once you enter it all goes wrong -
Starting with the positives - The maids and the guys who look after the pool towels and the dining room guys are fantastic.
The air conditioning in the room is fantastic and drops to 13 degs which is brilliant in 45 deg heat.
That unfotunately is it for the good!!
Now the negative bits - The food is definately not 5 star - I have had better food in a two star hostal !! - the drinks are so watered down that you can not taste them.
All the bar staff are extremely rude and do not bother to engage in conversation - the guy at the pool bar is the rudest person I have ever been served by - he ignored any women at the bar until all the guys had been served.
We spent 9 days very ill from gastro posioning due to very poor food hygiene - I witness pizza's and burgers being cooked at the pool bar and then being left for two hours in the sun uncovered and then reheated just before serving (unfortunately this was after I was very ill!!!!)
The hotel has a clinc on site for all the sick people and they knew exactly what drugs to give you even before they examined you !!!
I am still ill now after returning home in June - two moths later

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family