“Best holiday of my life”

Coral Beach Resort Tiran
Ranked #131 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We spent 15days all inclusive at the coral beach rotana resort, we had a sea view room and well the view was spectacular, the staff where amazing and couldn't do enough for us we got fussed over as the was only us and 2 other English people at the hotel, we made some very good friends and will definitely go back, the room was cleaned everyday and you got a litre of water in the room every day and as much water as you want at the bars, the food was okay but it was very much the same but well cooked and tasted good, annoying that you could only have wine at lunch and dinner and there was no rosé, all of the staff couldn't do enough for us, there was a lot of Russians at the hotel but they are no bother if you don't bother them, the animation team where lovely, the activities where good, we went scuba driving with the drive centre for £80gbp for the two of us for the day and also went quad biking for £30gbp as we shared a quad bike, we took a private boat tour to tiran island and went to soho square on 3 evenings. On the last Saturday we had a massage it was so relaxing. The only thing that annoyed us was people coming round the pool trying to get us to have our eyebrows and nails done, but so long as you just say no they leave you alone. The pools where amazing although it was frustrating the the pool with the swim up bar was closed due to it being out of season. Over all the holiday was amazing and we will definitely be going back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: June 2014
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey.

We truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our services.

We will look at all the negative issues mentioned and ensure it is corrected to meet the satisfaction of our valued guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The worse place to stay in , air conditioner in the rooms is not working and tooks is whole the stay to fix it, the technician came and said it's working and keep it working for 2more minutes and of course he run away same like every one , minibar in all rooms not working and they can not fix it , water pressure in rooms very weak and they can not fix it , staff everywhere here are using the mobiles when we are taking to them ,very poor service , when we arrives he told us sorry and we have to walk to rooms as the car battery need to be charged , we have to walk 10 m in summer and look for our rooms, rooms smelly and took us more than one hour to move our second room and again telephone not working and A/c problem , no tissue box in rooms , I fight and talk and can't get my AC , mini bar and telephone fixed as well as the water , buffet worth money paid but the staff are the same as the rest they even walk and eat with the hotel guest , when I talk to the reception and while talking he hold my call , impolite staff every where . The only good thing here were the animation team, Never again

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I regret to hear about the problem that you have encountered during your stay.

I must agree that this is totally unacceptable and you can be reassured that this is not the indicative of the standards of service that we are known for. Please rest assured that this matter has been thoroughly discussed with the concerned department and corrective action has been taken to ensure that a similar service shortfall will not be repeated in the future.

I hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting us again.

Dear Sir/Madam, we truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our services. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Resort Tiran, trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.

Sincerely

Hany Khroshid

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here 21st Apr to 4th May and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rooms were a bit small for Sharm and the shower cubicle was tiny, but cleaned every day, lovely bed, great views. Vast gardens and beach with fantastic reef. Food was tasty and well cooked, no stomach troubles. Moustafa and Abdullah looked after us royally in the restaurant and the staff as a whole were very attentive, pleasant and obliging. Would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susieb0049
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

We will look at the negative issues mentioned and ensure it is corrected to meet the satisfaction of our valued guests.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We arrived on the 28th April for 10 days.....

On arrival we paid £60 to upgrade to a sea-view room, which I have to say was amazing, although, most of the rooms seem to have a view of the sea, and as the hotel was very quiet I would assume that we would of been given the best room available for the price we had already paid.
We were told this was 'the best' room....the view was, as I said fabulous and made the hotel, the room was very ' tired' which was ok for what we paid but not kept especially clean (mirrors & floors not cleaned). Although we were supplied with a bottle of water everyday, which we were surprised about.
Also coffee tables in reception area were never clean, although there was free Wifi in reception.

We asked for a kettle for the room & was initially told 20 L.E on the phone, but was charged 70 L.E, this also packed up after a few days & had to be replaced.

Teabags seemed to disappear after a few days & we had to keep asking, to have one produced from a locked cupboard or a little hidey hole.
A couple of times we returned to our room & found there was no water, although a hole was dug outside so this could of been a one off.
The food was very same'y & we ate out a couple of times but that said no tummy troubles.

We were looked after very well in the restaurant by Mansour & Moustafa, who couldn't do enough, fetching us drinks & anything else we needed. Thank you guys...

Lot's of hassle around the pool selling massage & Spa services, which is quite normal I think, my Fiancé wasn't very impressed with his 'wet shave'!

We had a nice holiday, but a little more attention to detail could've made us wish to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms a long walk up to the restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mayday302
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

First please let me express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and the failure of our service standards during your stay at our resort.

We have made note of all the issues you have raised and please be assured that all that issues will be discussed individually with the concerned departments in order to rectify such shortfalls and ensure that similar mistakes will be not be repeated in the future.

Once again, Thank you for your comments, looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran, trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

we arrived at this hotel on the 13th april 2014 for 15 nights with family members of 8. eldest being 89 and youngest 12 yrs old . we received 3 rooms to sleep, 3 an 3, a 2 ppls rooms, 214 ,215 and 216 . two rooms were ajoining but unable to access due to fold away beds having to be added to accommodate the third person, the rooms were very basic, and mold was around very small shower cubicle. the first night, rooms 215 had a cockroach in shower cubicle, and 216 was infested with ants, this was reported to reception and dealt with by staff. the following morning, more were found in both rooms, cockroaches being over 3 inches in size and again reported that evening, as on arriving back there was at least 5 cockroaches again,!! very large in size, and staff came to sort it out with can of insect spray !!! after my protests and disgust as one of our family members a girl aged 16, had a 3 inch cockroach on her neck, after staff had raised a drainage lid outside our room to fumigate making over 30 to 40 cockroaches run / fly to various directions, my mother in law in room 213 also had just got out of shower and as she went to get hotel towel this was also found to contain a cockroach . we were given new rooms after having to go to reception an made to feel like we were in the wrong to complain about the cockroaches and ants !!!! and I had to demand that we were accommodated next to each other as we had booked a family holiday which had cost us over £ 5400 English pound !!!! we had also booked on the advice from the write up that there was also 3 dining rooms available but there was only one as reception had said there was no call for other dining areas to be open as not enough English for one, and not enough ppl anyway to open sea food area. the food that was provided in the mermaid restaurant was very repetitive and was heavily catered for the Russians .although the food did appear to improve for the 3 days over easter weekend whilst the Egyptians were holidaying there was also advertised as a swim up pool bar which once again was unavailable as not enough ppl . we also were heavily bit by moscuitos daily as it wasn't bombed apart from when there was about one hundred Egyptians arrived for the easter weekend and then it was bombed !! not before !! and certainly not after they had vacated on the Monday!! . we are avid travellers and have also lived in Australia so are not unaccustomed to critters by no means but this could of been avoided if it was fumigated properly. we have also been visiting india for over 30 years so are really accustomed to hot countrys all of our party had regular diariah throughout this holiday with stomach cramps and vomiting I can only put this down to the cleanliness of the place , as we have also stayed in sharm in Egypt on 3 other occasions at the easter period but in another complex and have never had ailments to the extent that various family members had and had at times been unable to leave there room due to illness... the reception staff who wouldn't give you the time of day and would look down there noses at us when asking them something !!! and when I demanded a room change as infestation of cockroaches they made very little haste or apology for this unacceptable conditions of rooms !!!!! the only good review I could give it is the pool bar an dining staff where amazing an made up for the really negative feed back I am giving this hotel. the bar man moustafa (rocky) was lovely around the pool and also ahmed the towel man and the spa and gym was well kept an maintained, and the buggy was available to transport my mother and father in law around the area of the complex as they had mobility problems and found the walking very difficult. i am very disappointed and heart broken that we had saved all year round for a holiday for our family to enjoy and being the age of my inlaws it may even be there last one I would appreciate some acknowledgment from higher management regarding our ordeal. Also I have attempted to send a video of the cockroach ordeal but have been unable to put on this site. mrs Vernon

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank kelly_vernon2014
Cbt G, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like Thank you for choosing “Coral Beach Resort Tiran ” to spent your holiday on. Regarding your comments each single comment is very important for us because guest satisfaction is most important issue.
Thanks you for taking the time to write this very helpful feedback. It helps us to improve our quality of service.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in your second home “Coral Beach Resort Tiran”.

With kind regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The best thing about the hotel was the view from our room. Every day we woke up to the sea mist clearing from Tiran Island which was truly spectacular. The worst thing about the hotel was the 3 hours I spent cleaning our room upon first arrival and the fact that the room cleaner would wait for us to hassle us for tips! He should have been tipping me as all he ever had to do was change the towels. I never got a second flannel either!

We were hassled a LOT in this hotel, I think that believe in England we all live like the rich people in Downton Abbey. We were offered massages, facials, watersports, diving, trips and photoshoots, at more expensive prices than what we would pay here, in the space of an hour and a half. They want you to pay in English so they get a better exchange on it and when you want to pay in Egyptian, the price rises further. We found a cheap diving centre that we liked and spent most of our time on their boat to get away from it all.

That said, the jetty was amazing and their coral was beautiful with a vast array of fish to see so if you go on holiday for the snorkelling and diving, it is one to consider. There are a lot of steps from the beach to the restaurant but I lost 6lbs so not all that bad!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
We are indeed proud of the quality of service that we offer our valued guests such as yourself. And I am therefore pleased to learn that we have met your expectations in most aspects of our services.

Furthermore, you comment with regard to the functionality of the Cleaning(H.K issue) has been noted. Please rest assured that this has been thoroughly discussed with the concerned department and action will be taken to avoid similar occurrence in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort – Tiran, trusting we will be able to serve you better next time.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

From the outside the hotel looks lovely. On arriving male staff at the front of the hotel sitting on chairs watching us unload our suitcases from transport made us feel very un comfortable( learing). We expected a family room with a sea room. My friend and her 4 year old son and myself and my 15year old daughter. What we were given was a small room with 2 single bed. It smelt of stale cigarettes, the floors were filthy, the fridge had mould growing in it and the tiny shower room was dark dingy with mould and dirt. Staff insisted that we could share beds and it was a good room. Reception was very un helpful so we walked to the next hotel Sultan gardens and booked in there. Food ,staff and resort was fantastic. sultan gatdens could learn alot from this hotel. Especially gate and reception staff who were very rude when I returned in a taxi to collect our belongings. Refused the taxi entrance to the hotel and made to feel like a criminal for wanting to leave the hotel. Would never set foot in this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Tina W
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2014

Dear Mr /Mrs ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
First and foremost, let me express my sincerest apologies for the failure of our service standards and the series of mishaps that have taken place during your visit to our resort.
What you have encountered is indeed unacceptable and does not represent the type of service that we aim to provide to our valued guests such as yourself.

I regret to hear about the problem that you have encountered with regard to your requesting take away breakfast that had not been provided to you on time and failed to meet your expectation on this aspect. I must agree that this is totally unacceptable and you can be reassured that this is not the indicative of standards to serve that we are known for.

Sir,, , we truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our service our services. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort – Tiran, trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.