“So so”

Ranked #127 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Manchester, United Kingdom
“So so”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The best thing about the hotel was the view from our room. Every day we woke up to the sea mist clearing from Tiran Island which was truly spectacular. The worst thing about the hotel was the 3 hours I spent cleaning our room upon first arrival and the fact that the room cleaner would wait for us to hassle us for tips! He should have been tipping me as all he ever had to do was change the towels. I never got a second flannel either!

We were hassled a LOT in this hotel, I think that believe in England we all live like the rich people in Downton Abbey. We were offered massages, facials, watersports, diving, trips and photoshoots, at more expensive prices than what we would pay here, in the space of an hour and a half. They want you to pay in English so they get a better exchange on it and when you want to pay in Egyptian, the price rises further. We found a cheap diving centre that we liked and spent most of our time on their boat to get away from it all.

That said, the jetty was amazing and their coral was beautiful with a vast array of fish to see so if you go on holiday for the snorkelling and diving, it is one to consider. There are a lot of steps from the beach to the restaurant but I lost 6lbs so not all that bad!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
We are indeed proud of the quality of service that we offer our valued guests such as yourself. And I am therefore pleased to learn that we have met your expectations in most aspects of our services.

Furthermore, you comment with regard to the functionality of the Cleaning(H.K issue) has been noted. Please rest assured that this has been thoroughly discussed with the concerned department and action will be taken to avoid similar occurrence in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort – Tiran, trusting we will be able to serve you better next time.

Hany Khorshid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

From the outside the hotel looks lovely. On arriving male staff at the front of the hotel sitting on chairs watching us unload our suitcases from transport made us feel very un comfortable( learing). We expected a family room with a sea room. My friend and her 4 year old son and myself and my 15year old daughter. What we were given was a small room with 2 single bed. It smelt of stale cigarettes, the floors were filthy, the fridge had mould growing in it and the tiny shower room was dark dingy with mould and dirt. Staff insisted that we could share beds and it was a good room. Reception was very un helpful so we walked to the next hotel Sultan gardens and booked in there. Food ,staff and resort was fantastic. sultan gatdens could learn alot from this hotel. Especially gate and reception staff who were very rude when I returned in a taxi to collect our belongings. Refused the taxi entrance to the hotel and made to feel like a criminal for wanting to leave the hotel. Would never set foot in this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Tina W
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, September 21, 2014
Dear Mr /Mrs ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
First and foremost, let me express my sincerest apologies for the failure of our service standards and the series of mishaps that have taken place during your visit to our resort.
What you have encountered is indeed unacceptable and does not represent the type of service that we aim to provide to our valued guests such as yourself.

I regret to hear about the problem that you have encountered with regard to your requesting take away breakfast that had not been provided to you on time and failed to meet your expectation on this aspect. I must agree that this is totally unacceptable and you can be reassured that this is not the indicative of standards to serve that we are known for.
Please rest assured that this matter has been thoroughly discussed with the concerned department and corrective action has been taken to ensure that a similar service shortfall will not be repeated in the future.

Sir,, , we truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our service our services. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort – Tiran, trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed a week at the Coral Beach, part of our 25 th wedding anniversary celebration, paid a little extra for a sea view but well worth it
The room was clean and well made up each day..
Both pools were clean and well maintained. Lots of lovely fish in the sea of the hotel jetty(Although they are natures doing)
The staff were all lovely, could not do enough to make our week memorable. Placing flowers on and around the bed also on our table in the restaurant Are meal times were made extra special by the attentions of a dear waiter called Mohamed Mansour, what a asset he is.
Days around the pool were also made extra special by Moustafa Abdou. an excellent host behind the pool bar. Helped by Abdula, Alaan and many others.

Room Tip: The sea view room we had, was actually on the front so the were quite a number of steps back up the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank john w
Cbt G, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, May 15, 2017
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s great to know that you spent an amazing holiday with us and we are grateful to receive your positive comments and appreciation.
It gives us a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with our team at Coral Beach Resort - Tiran.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, please feel free to contact us if you have any requirements for your future holiday.

Huddersfield
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Upon arrival we were quickly give a room and settled in. The roomwas small but okay. Bad smell sometimes, but that's foreign drains for you. The bed was one of the best ever! The shower cubicle was tiny and no bath!
The room (111) was on level 1 of 6, the levels being one at the sea front up to 6 or 7 right at the top end near the main reception and restaurant. So we had an ace sea view and were next to a pool and pool bar! The sea front is lovely, dozens of beds and umbrellas and a fantastic variety of fish off the floating jetty. We even saw a dolphin one day when we were further around on the quiet sea front area.
We had a good few steps to walk up to the restaurant, but that helps off set the sat around all day doing nothing at all!
The staff are generally really nice and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble.
The restaurant was the big problem with lots of Brits being unhappy with the food. To be honest the quality of the food was really good, it was the lack of choice that upset people. Chicken was the meat of choice all 7 nights (and lunchtime). It was the only downside, but when we looked at what we had paid for the hotel (£110 each for a week) I think we did really well.
The pools were all lovely.
One tip. Take insect repellant as loads of people's legs were badly bitten
Also nothing to do at all outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Level one for sea view, level 6 if you have children or struggle with steps.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank holidayheaven91

Birmingham
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My partner and I visited the hotel in November 2012 so this review is a little late! However, based on our experience I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

We requested a first floor, sea view room and WOW did they deliver. Our room was right on the sea front. We arrived at night and couldn't see the view because it was pitch black darkness, so when we woke up and looked out we were stunned! Absolutely beautiful!

The room was fine, it just needed a little updating though and the bathroom really does reflect this, but on the whole there was a large comfortable bed, it was clean and came with all the usual ameneties (but the view 100% made up for any shortfalls with the room anyway!)

The hotel is built on a hill and as our room on the sea front, we had to walk up to the hotel every day for food/pool etc. This might prove challenging for anybody disabled or with pushchairs etc. as it is quite steep. The grounds are well kept and attractive.

The food was only OK. There was a good selection of hot dishes and salads - no chips! Which I personally think is a positive but I've read a lot of reviews that think otherwise! The one massive positive is that we didnt get sick (I have a lot of friends who have visited Sharm El Sheikh and not all of them can say the same for their hotels!) The staff are very helpful and very friendly, they greeted us everytime we used the restaurant and always remembered our names.

There are 3 pools. We opted to avoid the main pool as it played loud music every day and ran a lot of activities. Instead we enjoyed the pool bar pool. It was much more relaxing and it was great to just swim up to the bar! There is a private beach too although it is man made. We swam in the sea (which was warmer than the pool!) and loved snorkelling with the tropical fish!

We had a massage treatment during our stay. Personally we found the whole experience to be a nightmare and would not recommend, however other guests we spoke to raved about how fabulous their treatments were so we might have just made the wrong selection!

The bar in the evening was pleasent, with tables and chairs out around the pool. There was also a sheesha lounge in the hotel, this was not included in the all inclusive package but was cheap enough to not matter!

We had a wonderful and relaxing stay at Coral Beach Rotana Resort Tiran and would definitely return!

Room Tip: I would recommend that you pay the little bit extra for a sea view room - it will be worth every pen...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rebecca_louise88

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I checked in in 16 April me and my wife and my son one year and 4 months ants every where in the room I requested some food to eat in my room I went to the daily party which I one hour returned all the food full of ants also I complained their excuse was of the food next day the bathroom is full of ants and this time their excuse is dont through your son diapers in the bathroom basket note I am putting them in a plastic bag especially for this reason also around the swimming pool my son was eating on the table beside the pool and I took him to swim then I gave him to his mum to continue feeding him but suddenly she shouted all the food full of ants
Please avoid this hotel by all means if you want to enjoy your vacation without ants bits or ants running over your skin every where

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amir M
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Amir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

First of all, I regret to hear about the problem you had regarding the ants during your stay and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. And please assure that I have addressed this matter with the concerned departments in order to rectify such shortfall.

We truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our services to met the expectations of our valued guests such as yourself.

Mr. Amir, once again thank you for your feedback, we looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran, trusting to serve you better next time.

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Me and my boyfriend booked this holiday for end of March for two weeks. We moved after 4 days. There was constantly no beer, had to pay for bottled water! I booked the hotel due to in the pool bar, entertainment in the blue moon bar which was to be open until 1am. The pool bar was shut, the snack bar was shut, no entertainment and the bar shut at 11. The beach was a walk down LOADs of steep steps which the website did not state. It wouldn't surprise me if the hotel closed in a couple of months. One waiter in the mermaid restaurant called Mansour was excellent! He was hilarious and looked after us so well!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank SophieLincoln
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like Thank you for choosing “Coral Beach Resort Tiran ” to spent your holiday on. Regarding your comments each single comment is very important for us because guest satisfaction is most important issue.
Thanks you for taking the time to write this very helpful feedback. It helps us to improve our quality of service.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in your second home “Coral Beach Resort Tiran”.

With kind regards,