“Impresions” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bucharest, Romania
“Impresions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Hello! We were here for the end of 2013. It was our first time in Egipt, so we had no expectacions. If you don't want luxury, but only sun, sea and relaxing is very nice place. The staff is very polity and kind. Many thanks to Mr. Ahmed Hamed, who take care of us. The trip was very quiet and we felt well. We come back home full of energi and ready for the new year, 2014. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S0123456
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Madam/Gentlemen,

Thank you for your time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

We truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our services. And we ensure to pass your gratitude to our colleague Ahmed Hassan who presents on of our Rotana Models in order to exceed the expectations for our valuable guests such as yourself.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran in the near future trusting to make your next visit a memorable one.

Hany Khoshid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Me and my father took my little boy away expecting a 5 star complex with all the promised eateries and expecting good standards. We didn't get this. The rooms are 2 star, dirty, plastic, tatty Perspex showers, lime scale covers the majority. The toilet seats were loose in both rooms.
We went to eat and were greeted with some monstrositys. I'll eat just about any kind of food and so will my dad and son. But we all struggled with this crap. I've never seen the likes of it and hope I never do. If you like McDonald's though (which was the best meal we had) you can order it from reception and pay for it at the gate.
The place is over run with arrogant, ignorant Russians, Ill mannered people with no respect for anyone.
The hotel boasts of a children's park and three pools, one with a swim up bar.... there was only one pool that wasn't freezing cold and the swim up bar was constantly shut anyway. The children's park was swamped in stagnant water and really dated and dangerous. Some, or should I say most of the Egyptian guys who work there were really good guys, friendly, couldn't do enough for you,(namely Ali and Mustafa at the main pool bar) and it's a shame that the food and quality of the up keep of this hotel is so bad. Cause it could be a lovely big complex. But it's far from good.
We ended up drinkin our own spirits in the bar because the drinks were so poor and the entertainment was a droning Egyptian karaoke pub singer. Which resulted in myself one night playing my music through the speakers (a bit of Stevie wonder) to get some life into the place.
I hate complaining and want to enjoy anywhere I go on holiday. Foods very important, nice drinks and cleanliness.... the sun and nice people you meet come free anywhere you go abroad. I didn't pay for that. I paid for 5 star... This is far from it.
Bad experience. Glad to be home!!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed at the rotana for Christmas. First impressions weren't great at check in as we were immediately hounded about buying a Christmas meal. After a 7 hour flight it wasn't great! We upgraded the room to sea view which was worth it however it was a trek to the main building.
The staff are fantastic and are the main asset to this hotel. Mahmoud (towels) was really lovely as was Mahmoud in the restaurant, both really helpe make my partners birthday special. Bahaa (spa) was great for filling us in on cultural matters and we had some great conversations, make sure you book any massages etc with him as he will look after you!
The food was very basic and at times we struggled. You can ask for chips etc but we ate out when needed. The jetty also is an accident waiting to happen and needs some attention
The animation team well what can I say! Saw very little of them which was actually fine by me however other Brits did comment on how they felt excluded from the entertainment
Overall we got this holiday at a bargain price so felt ok with things and the hotel however I'm not sure I'd have been happy paying more which lots of others did. We had a lovely relaxing break which we enjoyed. As I said the staff are the main asset

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Madam/Gentleman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our services. And we ensure to pass your gratitude to our colleagues Mahmoud, Mahmoud & Bahaa whom presenting our Rotana Models in order to exceed the expectations for our valuable guests such as yourself.

We are apologies for any inconvenience happened to you during your stay, and we
are promising to work hard at all the negative issues mentioned and ensure there are corrected next time.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran trusting we will be able to serve you better next time.

Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed for 1 week over Christmas 2013
I've never seen so many Russians & most were very ignorant & pushed in everywhere
Hotel was supposed to be 5* but more like 3*
Entertainment was pathetic
Food was average unless you went to the upstairs restaurant
Don't try to show someone round the facilities cos you need an armed guard
Very nice reefs for snorkelling but no beach access to the water you have to go off the pontoon
Hotel insisted on $50 (£30) for xmas gala meal

Room Tip: If your near the amphitheatre don't think about an early night
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mrs. Linda,

Thank you for your review.

Your comments are very important to us and please be sure that we will going to look after each comment you encountered and the necessary actions will be taken.

Once again thank you for your feedback, looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran in the near future, promising to serve you better next time.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Hello, everybody!!!

I would like to tell some words about my vacation this year in Rotana hotel.

Well, it's not my first time in Sharm. I had opportunity to come to Egypt 1 year ago, I was in the hotel with 3 stars and I felt better than here.
Rotana is well built, big territory, but stuff is really sucks... I can't tell that about all stuff here, but some of them seem bad persons.

You know, everybody of us has to be good to another people, and it doesn't matter who are you (nationality, color of skin or job...). Just be first of all a person, people will like you for sure!!! So I think it was just one reason why I didn't like being here.

Good luck, wish you the best, guys :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Инна П
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is very much important to us, as it is the only way can helps us to be able to correct and improve our service in order to met the expectations for the valued guests such as yourself.

We promise to work hard at all the negative issues mentioned and ensure there are corrected next time.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.

Ilkley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is an amazing hotel with professional & very friendly staff. The grounds are beautiful & well maintained.
The food was delicious, well prepared & nicely presented lots of choice. A big thank you to Ahmed hamed my waiter for his exceptional service. I will miss my omelette & crossiant for breakfast.
My room was large & tastefully decorated with a fantastic sea view, fresh towels & sheets everyday.
On Christmas day Santa arrived on a camel with Micky, Mini & Donald Duck in tow followed by a presesion of guests this was great for the children & adults.
I didn't experience any problems with the Russians, all nationalities came across as friendly.
Evening entertainment consisted of Karaoke, music quiz, belly dancing & comedy shows.
A lovely place to relax in the sun over Christmas, I would definitely return!!

Room Tip: Sea view in c block on the top floor was good, 5 minute walk to the dinning room, 2 minutes to the b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Victoria C
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear M. Victoria,

Thank you for your review, your feedback is very important to us, as it is the only way make us able to correct and improve our service.

We are indeed proud that our provided service met your expectations and let your feel home, and that is our main aim to satisfied our valued guests such as yourself.

Your personal commendations to our colleague Ahmed Hamed will be gladly passed to him and I am sure he will be thankful for your gesture.

M. Victoria, once again thank you for your feedback, we looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran in the near future, assuring you of our best attention and services at all times.

Wadebridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

On a whole this hotel has so much going for it, we had a great room with a sea view, it was a little tired and the bathroom needed updating but the view was great from the balcony.
All the staff tried their hardest to make your stay relaxing especially in the restaurants and around the pool areas. The sun beds are comfy with fresh towels when required. The main reasons I can't give a higher rating is we really struggled with the food. It was warm and repetitive. I am not a fussy eater but it wasn't easy to achieve a decent plate of food during each service.
The hotel generally just needs a good tidy up, the garden areas around and about are neglected, our planting boxes at our balcony were full of rubble and fag ends
The hotel was full when we were there but there is only one beer pump to serve the whole hotel!
The new year gala was a great effort but with one barman and one beer pump, getting drinks took up most of my evening
To sum it up the staff were great, they make the hotel (except for reception, they struggle to raise a smile and will ignore you as long as they can) but the food, general room condition and landscaping is below par

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple