“Christmas at Coral Beach Tiran”

Coral Beach Resort Tiran
Ranked #125 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Christmas at Coral Beach Tiran”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is an amazing hotel with professional & very friendly staff. The grounds are beautiful & well maintained.
The food was delicious, well prepared & nicely presented lots of choice. A big thank you to Ahmed hamed my waiter for his exceptional service. I will miss my omelette & crossiant for breakfast.
My room was large & tastefully decorated with a fantastic sea view, fresh towels & sheets everyday.
On Christmas day Santa arrived on a camel with Micky, Mini & Donald Duck in tow followed by a presesion of guests this was great for the children & adults.
I didn't experience any problems with the Russians, all nationalities came across as friendly.
Evening entertainment consisted of Karaoke, music quiz, belly dancing & comedy shows.
A lovely place to relax in the sun over Christmas, I would definitely return!!

Room Tip: Sea view in c block on the top floor was good, 5 minute walk to the dinning room, 2 minutes to the b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Victoria C
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear M. Victoria,

Thank you for your review, your feedback is very important to us, as it is the only way make us able to correct and improve our service.

We are indeed proud that our provided service met your expectations and let your feel home, and that is our main aim to satisfied our valued guests such as yourself.

Your personal commendations to our colleague Ahmed Hamed will be gladly passed to him and I am sure he will be thankful for your gesture.

M. Victoria, once again thank you for your feedback, we looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran in the near future, assuring you of our best attention and services at all times.

Hany Khorshid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

On a whole this hotel has so much going for it, we had a great room with a sea view, it was a little tired and the bathroom needed updating but the view was great from the balcony.
All the staff tried their hardest to make your stay relaxing especially in the restaurants and around the pool areas. The sun beds are comfy with fresh towels when required. The main reasons I can't give a higher rating is we really struggled with the food. It was warm and repetitive. I am not a fussy eater but it wasn't easy to achieve a decent plate of food during each service.
The hotel generally just needs a good tidy up, the garden areas around and about are neglected, our planting boxes at our balcony were full of rubble and fag ends
The hotel was full when we were there but there is only one beer pump to serve the whole hotel!
The new year gala was a great effort but with one barman and one beer pump, getting drinks took up most of my evening
To sum it up the staff were great, they make the hotel (except for reception, they struggle to raise a smile and will ignore you as long as they can) but the food, general room condition and landscaping is below par

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kernow_Roamer
Cbt G, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like Thank you for choosing “Coral Beach Resort Tiran ” to spent your holiday on. Regarding your comments each single comment is very important for us because guest satisfaction is most important issue.
Thanks you for taking the time to write this very helpful feedback. It helps us to improve our quality of service.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in your second home “Coral Beach Resort Tiran”.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here as a couple 14-28. We had to change room 3 times as the shower was disgusting. Needed a revamp and a bleaching. Ended up in room 180 shower wasn't great but this had a sunny a.m balcony which I had requested. The view was lovely. We had paid for a deluxe sea view. We got the sea view!!
Anus on reception was very helpful in helping us sort it,thank you again.

The Blue Moon bar was smoky of an evening so we never sat in there, opting for the. Mocha cafe, but the seating was very uncomfortable, and there was only limited seating in reception. So most nights we just went to our room n watched films on TV !! Taking a couple of drinks back to the room with us. I had brought vodka on the plane so it was fine...

The beach was clean and tiered. We found a secluded section out of the wind which on the top tier just out from our room, lovely, quiet and hot. Quite perfect :-))

The food was not good. We are used to AI and have visited many countries including Egypt 5 times, usually opting for local cuisine. It is geared for the Russians even the breakfasts where not brill you could always get omelettes. But they didn't even have brown bread, just some horrid chocolate type to toast. We did doggy bags of rolls n boiled eggs or jam to keep in our fridge to eat on the beach during the day,as lunch times where manic plus we didn't want to miss the sun...

We used the upper English restaurant 3 times of an evening but the food was basically the same as you could request in the AI and the service was slow. On our 3rd n last visit upstairs,my hubby had eaten his chicken n chips before mine turned up stone cold. We just up n left and went to the AI one...Not good at all.
In either there wasn't a good choice of fruit, don't think I want to see another pomegranate ever again lol.. The supermarket over the road sells lovely strawberries 150ep for a big pun-net. Went down lovely Xmas day on the beach!!

But the staff. Well, they where absolutely smashing.

Our waiter,Ahmed Hamed was a credit to the hotel. Kind, attentive and very efficient,always making sure we had drinks etc. He desperately wants a promotion to a white shirt. Please take note Coral Beach if you do one thing, do this please.He deserves it. Good luck Ahmed,also on your wedding :-)
An example... On one occasion the evening chilli was sooo salty I couldn't eat it. I couldn't face anything else and just asked for a plate of Chips.They had run out of them (I wonder why?) but Ahmed got some from the closed fish restaurant for us. Even though he was rushed off his feet he wanted to help. (Funny at home we never really eat chips)
Also thanks to Anwar the beverages manager a lovely guy. Very attentive.
And lastly Mansour, you should be on the stage. You made us laugh every day,such a funny guy. Thanks for that.

During our stay we had a massage package lasting 2hrs in the spa. It was ok but nothing to rave about. We did haggle the price big time.

For the relaxing holiday we wanted it did the job with plenty of sun. But sadly the hotel food and rooms need improving. I have given the hotel a 3* this is purely for the staff and the sun. A shame as all the staff from the cleaners who leave fab towel art to the management make you feel so welcome. But it is lacking even for a 4* Saying that though, we never had any tummy trouble during our stay.
Every one smiles and says good morning. Except the Russians. Lol only kidding. The English can be just as insular... Takes all sorts as Bertie Bassett would say!!
All in all we had a pleasant break..we would return but only if the food is improved and showers upgraded!!!!!

Thanks Mr john and Pam

Room Tip: C block room 180 gets morons sun till midday plus gr8 view. Also they will provide a kettle for your...
1 Thank CornishPastieAlemap

Hemsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

had a week at this hotel, read reviews and presumed written by real guests, after staying there believe most are made up by someone, food terrible unless you like bread rolls, arrogant and drunk russians getting away with what ever they chose to do, animation for russians only. bar staff at pools decide when to give you watered down beer to stop russians drinking it all, never been to a al hotel where you have to pay for basic english food in the mocca cafe by reception, my wife didnt and wouldnt eat for 4 days due to mash potato and cold green beans not her favourite food, went to soho square to eat as food worse we have ever seen , we were in cape verde in october. real 4 star hotel with real food and not diluted drinks. never ever again , met few english people that were taking rolls out of pretend restaurant to make crisp rolls to eat of a night time, what does that say about food, my advice, do not go

Room Tip: dont go in the first place
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your time to share your review on the TripAdvisor.

First and foremost, let me express my sincerest apologies for the failure of our service standards and the series of mishaps that have taken place during your stay at our resort.
What you have encountered is indeed unacceptable and does not represent the type of service that we aim to provide our valued guests such as yourself.

We have made note of all the issues you have raised and please be assured that i have thoroughly discussed each and every point with the concerned departments in order to rectify such shortfalls and ensure that similar incidents will not be repeated in the future.

Sir/Madam, my apologies for not having lived up to your expectations and i trust that this isolated experience will not deter you from visiting us again.

Thank you for your valued time and i look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran Sharm ElSheikh, trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Been to Sharm El Sheik before so was expecting the same service.
This hotel had no service at all just a bunch of men ordering you around. They were not accommodating at all.
Service from staff and waiters was terrible and actually rude half of the time.
The 'inclusive' drinks come in tiny cups and the alcohol is all watered down.
This is a mostly Russian hotel.
Breakfast was average and food in general was average.
Food servers only give you small amounts of meat or food so have to go back often for more.
We were a large group and they wouldn't put tables together for us.
The rooms were fine and clean. The walls are quite thin and Russians tend to be loud so dont expect a quiet night.
The staff especially dont enjoy talking to women. I think its the culture difference.
To go into the sea you have to walk along this long jetty which rocks alot with the waves.
Either way there are plenty other hotels in Sharm where you will get a better experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Evie M

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just got back from our holiday for my dads 60th Birthday/Xmas. Arrived at Coral Beach hotel on the Sunday evening. It took a while for us to check in as they didn't have a room ready for us. We then got to the rooms and had twin beds when told it was a double. The room was ok but very dated and the floor was mucky, the bottom of my feet where grey and dusty after unpacking my suitcase! The bathroom had a light falling from the ceiling. We gave the hotel a chance and made the most of it on the Monday. The staff are really friendly. One gentleman in the bar kept bringing us drinks before we had even finished the last one. The majority of drinks are watered down unfortunately. The hotel itself has lovely grounds and is quite big. The restaurant catered for Russians. Refried beans and Hummus for breakfast is not quite right is it? I am the least picky person when it comes to food, but unfortunately the only thing we could eat were omelettes and bread. Dinner and Tea were a little better but still very Russian orientated. They did have an "English" restaurant upstairs which was ok. You can request something you fancy for the day after etc, but a lot of things we requested couldn't be done so most people had chicken and chips or pizza after speaking to other people in the restaurant. We went to watch the entertainment on the Monday night and was shocked by how strange it was. Very Russian orientated. On Tuesday morning we had enough and I spoke to our rep. For the price we paid for our holiday, it was horrendous. He eventually said we could move to the Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula up the road if we paid $10 per person per night. We took him up the offer as I wanted dads birthday to be remembered for the right reasons. 3 couples moved to the same hotel from the Coral Beach on the same day as us, so what does that tell you! I had read other reviews before we went on our holiday and I knew people said the food was not great, BUT it is sooooo bad!!! If you can live on bread,chicken and chips and are happy with Russian entertainment then you will be fine but I wouldn't recommend to any of my family/friends. The majority of the Russians at the hotel thought they should be treated like royalty and were very rude to staff and us. I would really recommend the Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort. The rooms are massive! The food was different every day. No one in our group got a dickey tummy or anything, which I was expecting to be honest. There is an Italian and a Thai restaurant which is not included but I can not praise the Thai restaurant enough. The food was one of the best meals I've ever had!!! The portions are really big so you only need 1 rice per person etc. I have left a more detailed review under the Jolie Ville reviews.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear M. christyrobertson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

First let me express my sincerest apologies for the failure of service standards and the series of mishaps that have been taken place during your visit to our hotel.

What you have encountered is indeed unacceptable and does not represent the type of service that we aim to provide our valued guest such as yourself.

We have made note of all the issues you have raised and please be assured that i have thoroughly discussed each and every point with the concerned departments in order to rectify such shortfalls and ensure that similar incidents will not be repeated in future.

M. christyrobertson, i hope this experience will not deter you from visiting us again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Returned just over a week ago after our 8th trip to Egypt. Hotel, location staff and cleanliness very good but I have never in my life experienced such rude, ignorant and greedy people as the Russians! For goodness sake who needs to tip plates full of food into plastic bags at meal times when all inclusive? Food geared up to them with a vast shortage of fresh fruit and freshly cooked meat in fact you had to form a line to receive a very small portion of freshly cooked meat from the chef! Yes there was a restaurant upstairs which allegedly catered for the British but choice was minimal and the wait was really long! Also the fresh salad and sweets were stood uncovered all evening! Bar area needs to be one smoking and music much quieter.....to add insult to injury I am awaiting results of tests to see if I have food poisoning as I was I'll there and since I came home! V

Room Tip: Pay extra for sea view room as much quoted rooms and beach area
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear M. Anna W,

Thank you for your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I regret to hear about the problem that you have encountered with regard ordering your food and been long time waiting to get it i must agreed that this is totally unacceptable and that has been discussed with the concerned department in order to correct and improve the service to avoid been corrected again.

Regarding to the bar to be none smoking area, kindly note that it has been activated already and the bar inside now became none smoking area.

M. Anna, your feedback is very important to us and we never ignore it as it is the only way make us able to correct and improve our service to met the satisfaction of our valued guests such as yourself.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran in the near future trusting to serve you better next time.