“nice. i like it”

Coral Beach Resort Tiran
Ranked #127 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 19, 2008

The hotel is quiet good. The area is big and well looked after. The hotel is situated on the slope, and have some levels,and if you have your room on the upper level it is quiet tiring to go to the beach and back ((The choice of food is quiet scarce although mostly food is eatable. The rooms are spacy but the furniture is not very new. Personnel is very friendly and smiling. room cleaning at the beginning was very good, we have left tips and strangely cleaning got worst. the sea food restaurant is open only one day per week, you pay 30$ and get buffet. in winter peole say it is very very windy even impossible to swim. Sea is simply incredible, beware of jelly-fishes sometimes there are plenty of them and their bites are very painful and unpleasant in this case use the lemon juice.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bubba99
Cbt G, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

It’s great to know that you spent an amazing holiday with us and we are grateful to receive your positive comments and appreciation.
It gives us a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with our team at Coral Beach Resort - Tiran.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, please feel free to contact us if you have any requirements for your future holiday.

Reviewed May 29, 2008

This was our 2nd visit to sharm, we came for xmas, the hotel is massive, the rooms were very clean and spacious, probably the biggest room i have ever had, the food was of a good quality, we never heard anyone complaining of stomach upsets,
the pools again were massive, the large one being heated, we were a little disappointed with the weather it was very cold at night and due to the size of the rooms they felt cold, lots of blankets needed. i bet it's a lovely hotel in the summer. all in all the hotel was of a very good standard, food fine,complex massive, staff extremly friendly (as usual for sharm), i would certainally go back to this hotel. note, we did have quite a few very rude russians at this hotel to which we were amazed as we thought it was a first choice hotel only.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank carl_cathy

Reviewed April 12, 2008

We have just returned for one week stay at the Coral Beach Rotana, 1st – 8th April. This is my third time to visit Egypt, and as usual the Egyptians were as hospitable and friendly as ever, however this could not be said for the guests at this hotel. My husband and I traveled with our two teenage children. 17 & 15. There were a total of 15 English guests at this hotel, I would not cared about this and in fact would welcome it had it not been for the fact that when you go on holiday with children it is important they have a good time then in return you have a good time, and in order for the children to have a good time they need to make friends. The guests at this Hotel were all Russian, You really need to experience these people for yourself because I was told this before I went but thought, how bad can it be, we will be ok! You have to literally do battle with these people, they NEVER say please or thank you (in any language) They will just come and sit at your table without even asking if someone is sitting there, they run (yes run) around the dining room as if they are never going to eat again and they pile their plates high with food then just walk away and leave it. On the up side when the staff realize you are English you are treated very well, we tipped the towel attendant and the pool bar staff and every day are towels were laid out for us and we never had to go to the bar, while the Russians queued at the bar and were given their drinks in flimsy plastic cups we were waited on and served in ridged plastic glasses. We also tipped the waiter in the dining room and every night he would reserve a table in a prime position for us. We found that the later you went for breakfast and dinner the better it was as they had all run out of steam.

The hotel we found to be very clean, and the grounds were very nice. The pool on the top level by reception was for the fun seekers and had the animation team and games all day, the music at this pool was so loud it was unbearable, but each to their own if that’s your cup of tea. The splash pool where we choose to sit was by the beach and jetty and I think had a very nice vibe. Snorkeling off the jetty is a must but the water is very cold. There is a third pool but it was very quiet and the bar there was not open.

Food is served in the main restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner; the food was not very good. Some nights it was ok and others it was awful, the Russians didn’t help and all in all I found the experience of eating in the restaurant not very nice. There was food by the main pool and the splash pool; this was pizza, chips, salad and fruit. The wine they served at dinner was awful.

The rooms were basic but very clean and the beds were comfy with quilt covers instead of blankets. There were some good film channels on the TV as well as BBC news 24 and CNN news.

There was a new hotel being built next door to this hotel and there was building work going on all day. This did not bother us but we did speak to other people who found it unbearable. It seemed to be worse depending where your room was. We were lucky and had a room near reception, others had rooms nearer the building work. On the other hand we had to listen till 12am to the Karaoke in Russian from our room instead!
To conclude my husband and I had a very nice holiday, we wanted to get away for a week’s sun (30 to 35 deg every day) and that’s what we got, we will return to this hotel later in the year but this time the kids have decided to stay at home. We booked our flight with easyjet and our rooms through Alpharooms.com and saved a huge amount of money so I would recommend that also.

Enjoy, a holiday is what you make it.

Stayed: April 2008
7  Thank holidaymadEngland

Reviewed March 24, 2008

We spent a lovely week here and have just returned. The overall experience was good, although there was a down side of the hotel, which was the volume of Russians at the hotel. We would say, along with estimates from the staff, around 95% Russians, the vast majority of which we found to be pretty arrogant and rude, especially in the restaurants and bars, and this was directed at the staff and other guests alike.

On the positive side, and in our opinion this outweighed the negative point, the hotel itself is pretty new, very clean and well laid out and well maintained. There are many different tiers, and therefore a lot of steps which may not be suitable for all!! There is one main restaurant (buffet style) for main meals and also a Seafood Restaurant. The food was mostly fine, fairly similar to other hotels with an AI set up- breakfast was the usual bread, pastries, cereals, cooked food and a man making omelettes and pancakes; lunch and dinner similar, with a good selection of salads, good soups, a chef making pasta or a bbq night, and a selection of other food such as fish, chicken, veggies and rice and/or potatoes of some sort. Puddings ok but fairly limited fresh fruit.

3 pools - top pool by health centre pretty quiet; middle pool loud and definately Russian orientated, and the Splash Pool, which was nearest the beach and the pontoon into the sea for snorkelling. Water was coldish - 22 degrees in this pool, but we still preferred the overall vibe. Lovely pool bar (thanks to Ahmed and Tarek for looking after us so well - we miss you). You could, also get snacks 11am and lunchtime, and ice-cream at 3pm at this bar.

It was really hot whilst we were there - 31 to35 degrees, so watch the sun as it is really fierce!!

We didn't go to any evening entertainment, as we preferred to sit outside at the Blue Moon Bar, and have fun with the bar staff - thanks again Hussein, Shaker, Samir - we miss you!

Generally once all the staff find out you are British then you are treated absolutely brilliantly, and welcomed everywhere with a big smile.

Our room was great - room 164 which was large, clean and on the first floor as we'd requested, with a panoramic sea view, which was a added bonus!! I would say all the rooms with a number of around 140-170 have the best views. However these are located at the bottom of the resort, so there are a number of steps to the main restaurant, bar, health club. There is a really nice Roman Theatre which was not used once whilst we were there, which was a shame.... perhaps this is used in the summer months for evening entertainment?

All in all we loved the hotel and the staff made our holiday special, but we are aware that the volume of one nationality may well be offputting to other holiday makers, but we did our own thing and just had fun!!

We will be going back I'm sure to this hotel next year:)

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank SallyCC

Reviewed March 11, 2008

After reading mixed reviews about this hotel, I booked anyway because I know that people can be overly fussy. How wrong was I.

On a positive note, I found the hotel grounds, pool area and beach area really impressive. It looked great and was very clean. I found the hotel staff very friendly and always helpful.

The thing I found really disappointing was the fact that it was full of Russians - 95%. Sharm does attract a lot of Russians but this hotel has a lot of them. I found the Russians to be very rude and all lacked basic manners. The would never hold the door for you, when I held the door for them I got no thanks. They always skipped the queue at the bar and would nudge their way in at the restaurant. When I spoke to the hotel staff, they were always pleasantly surprised to hear I was English. The animation team -not that I would get involved anyway, did everything in Russian.

The food was dire. I do find that food at all-in hotels generally isn't the best anyway but this was dreadful. Very little to choose from and there was little flavour in the meals. The restaurant was not large enough to cater for everyone and staff struggled to clear/set tables. Saying this, breakfast was good. There was a very good selection on pastries/bread and you could get a omelette or eggs cooked fresh.

The first night, we were put in a room that was right next to the night entertainment. It was so close that not only was the music blaring but you could feel the base vibrating thought the room. We complained and we were moved far away to a room with a beautiful sea view. We did have to pay extra for this but not too much extra. $60 for the week. The staff were very helpful in this situation.

I will go back to Sharm again for a winter break but I would not choose this hotel again. Instead I would do half board at a 5* for the same price. Food and drinks at Naam bay are cheap. I was under the impression that since it was a Muslim country that it would be expensive but its not. Local beer (which is really good) was about £1.50 - £3 or cocktails range are about £3-£4. I never took advantage of the all in drinks at the hotel bar because it wasn't pleasant drinking around the Russians and the drinks didn't taste good. I got a beer one night and the glass tasted of Sambucca. Cocktails tasted watered down and were sloppy.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Cazzie27

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like Thank you for choosing “Coral Beach Resort Tiran ” to spent your holiday on. Regarding your comments each single comment is very important for us because guest satisfaction is most important issue.
Thanks you for taking the time to write this very helpful feedback. It helps us to improve our quality of service.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in your second home “Coral Beach Resort Tiran”.

Reviewed November 20, 2007

Kind time of day. It would be desirable to express with all the heart. Had a rest with the Wife and the daughter from November, 5 till November, 12th, 2007.

All over again, perhaps, about pluses:
The Territory of hotel and hotel outside look very much even nicely. Well here, actually and all pluses of the given institution.

Well and now about minuses:
As to rooms and accommodation - without comments. Everywhere demand money. Ourselves have paid in addition $100 only for that us have occupied in hotel at night! Motivated all over again with that there are no free numbers. What means is not present? Booking goes in advance and pays off from time of an arrival of lodgers. Numbers should be always ready. Any reference to the parlourmaid (which we, by the way, saw only 2 times for all rest) demanded presence in a pocket of crackling pieces of paper. Otherwise even will not talk, though number has been taken one of the best in hotel.

Rooms.
Disgustingly. By appearance attempt to make repair which has come to the end not so successfully has been undertaken. The interesting constructive decision: the toilet is made separately from a shower and a bowl. It was "very convenient. About cleaning I shall tell later.

Further – the personnel in the general(common) whole:
Disgustingly! I understand, that Russian women the most beautiful, but not up to the same degree … Stuck, even when I was a number(line). It was necessary to put children on a place in the known Russian way. Also it would not be desirable to speak about a female part of the personnel good. It is enough to recollect history as I in 9 mornings tried to have a drink coffee at local restaurant. Cleaning of number – 2 times a week! Such I still did not see. Knowledge of Russian on the firm two. Very interesting feature – they somehow speak on our great and mighty, but at all do not understand it(him) when from them something want. Animation any. It even is softly told. Because of oversight of the personnel the child has received huge head both the torn off elbows and shoulders. There and then we shall tell about the doctor which presence so is advertised(promoted) in every possible prices and sites. It(him) it was not simple. Wounds of the daughter were healed own forces …

With Meal and drinks:
If you wish to grow thin quickly in current of week, to you in this hotel. Meal – disgusting! I am unpretentious, but I yet did not eat such horror and did not drink. The only thing that it was possible to use are tomatoes and vodka. To fans of beer – to drink I do not advise. Such spill only at concerts settling rock-commands.

Beach and the sea. Well. Everywhere it is written, that the hotel is « on to seacoast ». The first line. If to not consider 160 steps downwards and as much upwards, yes. I with own hand « fed small fishes From a pier » after attempt on it to walk. After 20 minutes not the most successful attempts to find душевую кабинку or though any presence фонтанчика nearby the sea to be washed, to me have explained, that the shower is only in hotel and you can reach and be rinsed (Aha, on 160 steps, and then back, has run). Call in the sea too is made extremely unsuccessfully, therefore it was necessary to dive from an ill-starred pier in full ignorance about a condition of depth and corals under foots which by the way was much.

We shall sum up:
From the declared 4 stars safely we take away two.
The personnel on firm 3 if to close eyes.
Meal and drinks – it is disgusting!
The sea and a beach so-so.

Total: so bad, comrades. We retake, at what it is urgent. It was pleasant to leave!

Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank Mapazzzm

Reviewed September 22, 2007

We have just returned from our 4th visit to this hotel and it was a dissapointment, we won't go again!

Obviously, we have been happy with this hotel for 3 visits but since it has gone all inclusive in the last couple of months, the standard has deteriorated.

The splash pool area has been kept very clean before but the ground was very dirty this time, the area under a drinks dispenser was sticky and was not cleaned all the time we were there. The choices of drinks were limited in comparison to before. The water in this pool was a little murky on a couple of days.

The few staff that we know from previous visits were as friendly and helpful as always, nothing was too much trouble and it was lovely to see them again. The majority of new staff were also really nice but we did have a couple of incidents involving new staff which weren't so good, one of whom directed some very persistent and unwelcome attention towards our daughter.

The quality of food in the restaurant was poor, so we chose to eat in Naama Bay a few times. There was less choice than before, and it was always just lukewarm and we did suffer the inevitable Pharoes revenge quite badly! The majority of the guests there were Russian, the food is aimed at the Russian palate and with the exception of a few, the Russian guests are the new holiday hooligans, and you had to fight your way in to get any food or drinks at all. We found out that it is a very cheap destination for them so the standard is clearly going to suffer.

The hotel was generally not as clean as we have found it to be previously, the noisy building work going on alongside the hotel has created a lot of dust everywhere including inside the reception area which can't be helped but the toilets in the reception area were a disgrace on a couple of evenings with paper towels strewn all over the floor and toilet seats pee'd all over. Never seen it like that before, needs attention!

We can only assume that, as the Grand Rotana has opened next to the Coral Beach, they are perhaps not giving this hotel the attention it has had in the past and are maybe running it down in favour of the newer hotel.

Stayed: September 2007