“My second home”

Ranked #126 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“My second home”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have just returned from my 14th visit to this hotel. As usual I can't praise the staff enough. Many of the previous reviews mention the number of Russian guests in the hotel, well this is only because not many of the British tour companies use this hotel. This hotel has lots of repeat guests and each time I visit I am sure to meet someone who I have met on a previous visit be it English, Russian or Italian and I must point out that I have met some very nice Russian guests at this hotel. I would like to thank the Reception staff led by Karim, Anwar and Mohamed in the Mermaid Restaurant, the chefs who all made sure there was enjoyable vegetarian options for me at meal times, Ibrahim bar manager and his staff. Aymen at Splash pool who made sure I always had my supply of water - he knows how much I drink in the day. I want to thank Khaled the Food and Beverage manager who always makes sure I am looked after Ahmed the recreation manager and the pool/beach attendants and lastly Mohamed Ibrahim who as usual made sure that my suite was kept very clean. All these people enable me to have a thoughly enjoyable holiday. I recommend this hotel if you want a very nice relaxing holiday with staff who will help you to achieve this. The hotel has 2 jetties situation on the beach and here you do not even have to go into the water to see wonderful fish in the coral of course if you do go snorkelling from the jetty this is quite an amazing experience. I have never experience such kindness by staff in any other hotels I have stayed in hence the reason I continue to return and I will be back for my 15th visit in September.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have sea view. There are lots of steps so if you have mobility difficulties reques...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank MaureenE2012
Cbt G, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, May 17, 2017
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for staying at the Sharm El Sheikh Coral Beach Resort Tiran Resort, and for reviewing hotel.
We appreciate your feedback once again thank you for staying at Sharm El Sheikh Coral Beach Resort Tiran, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

With best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Hello everyone who is looking for a nice vacation. I will not say much about the hotel itself as you can find all the info on the site, but! what I'd like to stress on is my general impression on the whole.!
We stayed in TIRAN for twelve days. it was not our first visit to Egypt, so we have some experience to compare with other hotels. And I must admitt that the service and the atmosphere in Coral Beach Rotana Resort -Tiran were up to the quality for everyone who is looking forward to an unforgettable trip. I can honestly say that we have never received this level of service. The staff was increadibly kind to us throughout our stay. We can't possibly remember all the names of the staff that looked after us but we'd like to express special grattitude to Shaher Sharm who was always concerned about all the guests in the hotel and in bars.
He's an outstanding individual with impressing skills in the work of the hotel.Due to his degree of professionalism and courtesy we were treated with concern and care every single day.
We wish all travellers would take time to share our joy and unforgettable memories from staying in Coral Beach Rotana Resort -Tiran as we did. )))

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Natalina K

London
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband Paul and I stayed at the Coral Beach Hotel, Tiran at the end of April for a week and had a really lovely holiday. We have been to Egypt several times over the past few years and have never had a bad experience, but, I have to say, the Coral Beach Tiran is probably our favourite due to the staff there. All the staff go out of their way to make your holiday as pleasant and enjoyable as they can, but, there are two in particular who stand out amongst all the staff. They are Shaban and Gamal, two amazing waiters in the restaurant. I have written an honest review of our holiday.

CHECK-IN
The journey to the hotel from the airport is very quick (10 mins), check-in was fast, simple and easy and we were taken immediately to our room.

ROOM
We upgraded straightaway to a sea view room and any description would not justify how beautiful the view was – stunning and worth every penny. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable and a lovely shower. Plenty of room for your clothes, air-con was very good (thank God) and a TV with very good channels including a 24/7 film channel.

FOOD / RESTAURANT (SHABAN & GAMAL)
The restaurant was very nice and very clean and the food was lovely with a wide variety and something to suit everyone’s taste – also the many different cakes were delicious. I have to say though that the best thing about meal times was Shaban and Gamal :-) who are without doubt the two most lovely,genuine, polite and helpful guys we’ve ever met in Egypt. For every day of our holiday at breakfast, lunch and dinner, their service was second to none. It wasn’t only us though, they looked after all guests in their areas, and everything they did was with a smile. They remember everything you like; had our drinks on the table when we arrived always went that extra mile to ensure everything was perfect. I absolutely love these two guys and I promised to email them, but I lost the email/Facebook address, so Shaban or Gamal, if you read this, please get in touch :-) (Raina and Paul from London)

HOTEL
The hotel itself is lovely; there are three pools, the beach and stunning views. They also have some shops, hairdressers, gym, spa and a beauty therapy – I always have a pedicure in Egypt which I can highly recommend. All the staff at the hotel are very professional, very kind and extremely helpful. They are so polite and nothing it too much trouble.

RUSSIANS
I have absolutely nothing to complain about ------ except the Russians. This race of people is without doubt the most obnoxious, rude, ignorant and arrogant I have ever had the misfortune to meet. They push and shove, they are selfish and greedy and the words “please” and “thank you” do not seem to be in their vocabulary. The sad thing is, the other guests staying at the hotel can ignore them, but, the staff are not able to do this. The Russians treat them with the utmost disrespect and what they have to deal with and put up with on a daily basis from the Russians is awful. It is very unfair and I felt very sad for them for they really don't deserve this kind of treatment. We didn't let them ruin our holiday and as I always try to be respectful and polite, I tended to steer clear of the Russians so as to avoid any upsets. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would advise anyone to ignore any rude Russians and just enjoy your holiday.

I would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff at the Coral Beach and a very special thank you to Shaban and Gamal. If you read this, please get in touch. Oh and by the way - the weather is always amazing :-)

Raina x

Room Tip: Seaview room is a must - stunning views
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank raina4

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Just come back from this hotel and couldnt have wished for a better holiday. The Managers and all the waiters and all the staff were the nicest most polite and helpful people I have ever met in my life. The pool was immaculate and was checked throughout the day and cleaned throughout the night. The beach towels were immaculate and were put on your chosen sun beds around the pool every morning. The hotel was to the highest standard and there is absolutely nothing at fault here apart from it needs more English people to go there. The staff absolutely love the English holiday makers and made you feel like Royalty.

Room Tip: The views from sea view rooms are amazing
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JeanD864

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We returned recently from a week at Coral Beach and found it hard to fault.
Everywhere was always kept clean, our room had a view of the Splash Pool and the sea and was great for a relaxing holiday.
Yes, the guests are mainly Russians, who could be rude and arrogant, but this tended to be aimed at the staff which was actually a bonus as the staff tended to treat us and other english guests as VIPs :)
Many thanks to Atty in the restaurant who would always go out of his way to look after us, even when he was busy. The food was excellent, although very East European based and not what we'd normally go for (lots of rice, vegetables, stews, etc) but we always found something good with a bit of experimenting. Breakfast was unusual and tended to be sausage stew, mash, boiled eggs, salads and I would have loved an english fry up for a change but there was always toast, cereals, etc that were fine for me.
A couple of times there were no towels available at the pools, but both times the staff tracked us down and bought us one when new supplies came in, even when we were at the far beach and nowhere near the pool - another example of the great service we got.
The staff at the Blue Moon and all the other bars also treated us very well, so overall it was a realy good week!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ramps66

Anglesey
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We have just returned from 9 days in the Coral Rotana. We had an excellent time and this in the main was due to the staff. The food was excellent and plentyful with excellent service thrown in. (The creme caramel was to die for!!) The rooms overlooked the sea and provided a magnificent backdrop. The staff can make or break a holiday, for us, they made ours. There are many guests there from other parts of europe - always russian around..... and they can be a bit overwhelming. The staff make up for this and treated us like VIP's. I would recommend this hotel and its staff. We flew with Monarch on the way out - Squashed in really small seats - Easyjet on return - they were really excellent. The diving off the reef with Anastasia and the professionalism of the dive school was excellent. All in all a great holiday location with excellent staff.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank crimond56
CoralBeachTiran, Front Office Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you very much for choosing Coral Beach Rotana Resort-Tiran once more to spend your last vacation.

All of your comments had been passed to all concerned staff and hope that your second visit will be better & better.

Looking forward to welcome you once more soon in Coral Beach Rotana Resort-Tiran.

Islam Shahin

Front Office Manager
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My partner and I had great holiday here in early March

Here are my thoughts, sorry if it appears a little long.....
The staff at this resort are really friendly and helpful, and they cannot do enough for you. The main problem we had and obviously others have mentioned as well, was some of the other ********* guests, being loud, very overpowering and arrogant.
More 'Brits', please, as it would be really great to be able to converse with others in English
Our original chosen room with a seaview was an expensive mistake, as the room was near the splash pool/beach and I struggled to walk the many steps to the reception/restaurant. However one phone call to reception and within an hour we were relocated to a room overlooking the main pool and reception. Alas did not get any reduction in the price of the room but I should have probably investigated that the sea view rooms were so far away, I had assumed that a sea-view was possible from most of the hotel.

Here are few more observations.
We were very pleased with the OUTSIDE JACUZZI, (which is hardly ever mentioned), situated next to the gym which was a south facing suntrap and away from the wind - which we had a few windy days during our stay in March. A special mention must be given to the supervisor and one of the attendants - namely AHMED & Karam respectively, who even made sure we had a fair share of use of the Jacuzzi, which was usually full of the Russians. The Aquarius bar staff, mainly Mohamed were very attentive and we were rarely without a drink by the spa.

I am afraid to say that I did find some little problems in the restuarant, mainly because there was a lack of checking food temperatures in the self-serve and 'ban marie' areas. Also there was a slight problem by having Butter portions that were OFF but after a couple of complaints these were withdrawn and replaced next day with LURPAK!! I must say the management reallly took constructed criticism very well and ANWAR made sure we had everything we needed, even to ordering us our own CHIPS, (as they assume that we have 'chips with everything').
It would have been good to have seen some sort of potato at each meal sessions, - there was always an abundance of different rices on display - but perhaps that was to keep the Russians happy.
We were very fortunate in having an excellent restaurant waiter called Zidan, but only for 10 days of our two weeks as he was going home to Alexandria.

I am not a great drinker. well perhaps on holiday! But think that the Blue Moon bar serving All-Inclusive drinks until midnight would be much appreciated. Especially, as the 'Animation Team' (what a funny word for the entertainment team) usually finished the evening's show at about 11pm and there was then a great RUSSIAN rush to the bar to demand their last 'WODKA'. The 'Blue Moon' could open an hour later at 2pm intead of 1pm, as there are other bars to get drinks during the day!
BTW, the bar staff here were fantastic, especially the many 'Mohameds' as indeed were most of the hotel staff.

The only other disappointing thing was, that I booked the resort, as it mentioned WI-FI, and I mistakenly, thought it was free, as in other holidays we take.
But it was NOT working for the whole of our first week and then found it was really expensive on the second week, so abstained.

We have had a few good holidays in Egypt but feel this to be the best - apart from the small problems mentioned - and have to say that is mainly down to the fantastic staff that are there. We plan to go back again next year. a little later than this holiday, as the evenings can still be quite cool and windy at the beginning of March, that is if we can get a good deal on the whole holiday!
BTW, we found Monarch Airlines one of the best we have been on especially the legroom.

Well, I think I have rambled enough to encourage some more BRITS to try this brilliant establishment. We have booked to go again mid March 2013.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DaveJay99
CoralBeachTiran, Front Office Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Sir / Madame,

Thank you very much for staying in coral Beach Rotana Resort-Tiran during your last visit to Sharm El Sheikh.

And thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor and for your constructive feed back, all of your feedback had been shared to all concerned departments.

All mentioned staff members are sending their personal regards and we all here looking forward to welcome you once more next year in Coral Beach Rotana Resort-Tiran.

Islam Shahin