“Back to its standard level even without European”

Helnan Marina Sharm
Ranked #103 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I like this hotel and I returned many times in last 30 years , yes my 1st visit was on 1984 and I made my honeymoon here in 1986 - As all European are out Sharm ElSheikh from few months due to political situation and collapse of security and safety - it seems it was recovered so fast - new advanced safety measures was taken - the hotel and Sharm was 70% full by Egyptians , Arab from Gulf area , British & a lot of Russians - I recommend it

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Osama A
HelnanMarinaGM, General Manager at Helnan Marina Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2014

Dear Mr. Osama,

Warm greetings from Helnan Marina Sharm Hotel.

It was a great pleasure to have you in our hotel and an honor that we succeeded to meet your expectations all the past years, making your vacation always an unforgettable one.

I would like to thank you for your time in writing us your positive comments and review. Your comments are of great value to us, as only through your comments we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive.

Hope to see you in the very near future, welcoming you back to your second home.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

One night passed in this hotel absorb all happiness of sharm city
1) Although we planned to stay 3 nights during our honeymoon , after only one night we did make check out
2) The room is very far from hotel reception
3) We feel like we are at hospital not a hotel due to large number of rooms
4) Dinner dishes were very bad and with low quality
5) There was a queue to enter the restaurant
6) Breakfast was poor
Thanks God to leave this hotel , we do not recommend it at all

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank heba w

Dear Mrs. Heba,

Warm greetings from Helnan Marina Sharm Hotel.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spent to write your recent stay with us.

I was very concerned to see that you will not recommend Helnan Marina Sharm Hotel for your family and friends.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that might have caused and would like to assure you that your comments have been taken constructively in consideration. I took notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

I will be honored to get another opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel and that your previous experience will not refrain you from visiting us again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to the next visit which I hope will be in the nearest future.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Location is perfect, but that's where it ends. The hotel and staff aren't very welcoming and you don't get a personal touch. I'm still here but felt the need to write a review in advance. So far, house keeping haven't cleaned my room for a second day and I've had to ask for clean towels at 18:00.

There's also no kettle in the room and I wanted some hot water. I called reception, and they said to call 3 for room service. Called them and they said go to the bar. Go to the bar and they said go to the pool bar. Go there and they said go somewhere else. I gave up... All I wanted was some hot water.....

Overall the room is average. Not very clean but bearable. I prefer Iberotel Lido just over the road.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Scott9824

Dear Mr. Scott,

Warm greetings from Helnan Marina Sharm Hotel.

It was a great pleasure to have you in our hotel and an honor that we succeeded to meet your expectations making your vacation an unforgettable one.

I would like to thank you for your time in writing us your comments and review. Your comments are of great value to us, as only through your comments we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel had excellent location as it was steps from the Red Sea. The service on the other hand wasn't the greatest. Overall, I would probably stay here again just because of the location. The restaurant was also decent with a pretty good selection.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tyler D
fom333, General Manager at Helnan Marina Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Mr. Tyerdean

How always nice to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the service you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

For your kind information, your comments are of great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Helnan Marina Sharm Hotel

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We arrived to the hotel around 2pm. We were stuck in the lobby for 7 hours because they have trouble with our booking. Even though, we have the confirmation from the booking website, we couldnt get our room. We were waiting for 7 hours, we were so tired and the hotel staff didnt even offer us a drinks or some food. Every time we asked when we will get our room, all what we heard is "sorry but if you want to have a room today you need to pay". It was strange to hear it because I had an email with all the booking details and payment details as well. So 100% it wasnt our fault. It was a fault of the hotel, because they lost our booking. Finally, when they solve this problem late in the evening we got our room. The room was another disappointment. The shower was so dirty, room was totally different from what we saw on the pictures. Before we were so calm and we didnt argue with the hotel stuff, as we understood that it can happen with anyone so we should just stay calm and wait. However, after we saw the room we become so angry and we start to argue with the manager. After all, they gave us a deluxe room which was huge and with amazing view on naama bay. However, once you turn on air condition you just want to run away from the room! It was smell so awful! Other disappointment was food! The workers there are so unprofessional, the service is poor, they dont treat you as them customers. The quality of food was bad, especially breakfast. We had an all inclusive board, but it wasnt all inclusive at all. If you want to have lunch on the beach- you have to pay, if you want to use bar - you have to pay, if you want to use spa or gym- again you have to pay. All the drinks were served in plastic tiny cups. 99% of guests in the Hotel were Russians.

We paid around 300 GBP for 6 nights for all inclusive so we were expecting that the hotel will not be perfect for this cost, but we also didnt expect that it will be bad as this much. Before this hotel we were staying in the Xperience sea breeze resort for the same price and it was completely opposite. We were treated like we are staying in Four seasons! So even if you pay this amount of money you still can get an amazing hotel with high quality service. But not in Helnan Hotel :(

If you choose this hotel for your holidays I wish you good luck! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mrs. Julia

I would like to Thank You Very much for the time you spent to write about your recent stay with us, we were very concerned to see that you will not recommend our hotel for your families and friends.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that might have caused and would like to explain some of points, firstly we received your booking at 14:15 on the same day of arrival its meaning after 15 minutes from your arrival time, asking for a double room superior with sea view and you called our reservation department 4 times to asking about your booking and they answered we haven't any booking under your name .! While you arrived to the hotel then we received your reservation request from the travel agent while we didn't receive the payment for your booking, we tried to call them many times as u know. And when you asked about the travel agent phone number you got it , so we called them ( 9 ) times without any utility then after one hours from your arrival time we offered you that if you like to pay only one night to coverage the booking till we receive our payment and you refused it.
finally: i tried to clarify the main issue in order to avoid any confusion.

Dear Mrs. Julia,
We will be honored to get another opportunity of welcoming you back and that your previous experience will not refrain you from visiting us again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to the next visit which I hope it will be in the near future.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Most bad service i ever been in all hotels in my life no water no service no good rooms everything the asking for money even u give them money they dont give u nice service i came in 1 of may this money tell 8 i payed all hoilday stay thats i cant refund money i will go to another hotel and leave the room close till last day and i will come back to check out i work for mk hotels for arab in uk thats i booking for people there holidays will put this hotel in black lest really really not happy anymore and tell my friends never come here to be honest the hotel is only beach then nothing 2 star is enough to be honest

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mecanezm

Dear Mr. Mecanezm

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that might have caused and would like to assure you that your comments have been taken constructively in consideration.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

All the staff nice. And friendly sharm alshaik one of small and butiful. City and the best time to visit is April and may and October, helnan have something. Very special the location and the balcony view.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
fom333, General Manager at Helnan Marina Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Mrs. Mohamed